Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 pm
AngelaAshford
NotteRequiem
Deadite, it sounds like a hilarious concept, and personally I'd laugh at it, so go for it smile

But keep in mind, I'm not your average woman. I have a much darker sense of humor and a stronger sense of self than most women I've met.

In other news, last night my roommate and I went to a Zumba dancing class (a very awesome mix of Hip Hop and Latino dancing styles) and I danced my a** off. If anyone wants to get a workout that burns over 500 calories a class, get your a** to some Zumba. It's fun and if you got the right instructor, it's really rewarding.

My abs are killing me.... blaugh

I wouldn't mind trying but I shouldn't be burning calories at the moment. xd

Angela.... Are you pregnant?? surprised !!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:59 am
NotteRequiem
AngelaAshford
NotteRequiem
Deadite, it sounds like a hilarious concept, and personally I'd laugh at it, so go for it smile

But keep in mind, I'm not your average woman. I have a much darker sense of humor and a stronger sense of self than most women I've met.

In other news, last night my roommate and I went to a Zumba dancing class (a very awesome mix of Hip Hop and Latino dancing styles) and I danced my a** off. If anyone wants to get a workout that burns over 500 calories a class, get your a** to some Zumba. It's fun and if you got the right instructor, it's really rewarding.

My abs are killing me.... blaugh

I wouldn't mind trying but I shouldn't be burning calories at the moment. xd

Angela.... Are you pregnant?? surprised !!

xd Noooooo! I don't want a child right now and besides, our income isn't stable enough to afford raising one at the moment.

A friend of mine is though. 3nodding  

MadamTarantula

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:31 am
AngelaAshford

xd Noooooo! I don't want a child right now and besides, our income isn't stable enough to afford raising one at the moment.

A friend of mine is though. 3nodding

Yea, same here. If we were financially stable, me & my bf would finally move out, get married, wait a year or two and then started having kids. *sigh* Stupid economy! >_<  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:16 pm
Sorry I assumed... it was the way you phrased "I shouldn't be cutting calories"... lol, I was like OMG!!! Haha. I don't want kinds right now or in the future. Maybe it'll change.... but it probably wont.. razz  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:22 pm
NotteRequiem
Sorry I assumed... it was the way you phrased "I shouldn't be cutting calories"... lol, I was like OMG!!! Haha. I don't want kinds right now or in the future. Maybe it'll change.... but it probably wont.. razz

You don't want...kinds? Oh, you probably meant to say kindNESS. Well, if that's the case...Poo head.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 pm
I meant kids.... oops... But I probably dont want kindness either.

Hahahahahha  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm
So guys, I just picked up Ghostbusters the video game (which I played right after having a Ghostbuster movie marathon). So far I just finished mission 2, and I am very impressed by the game.
The dialogue is awesome, the humor of Ghostbusters, mixed with the fan service of the nature of the dialogue kicks total a**. You really gotta watch the movies before playing the game, because sometimes they reference the smallest little quotes, and you go, "Oh yeah, I remember him saying that!"

The gameplay is a lot of fun. Catching ghosts kinda reminds me of the fishing game in Ocarina of Time, in that you have to wrangle them back and forth to weaken them.

The level design is just awesome. You got the places from the movies, which is awesome, but then you got these new places that were really well built. Alternate Dimensions that look like Legacy of Kain type architecture. Overall I'm very impressed with the level design. Not to mention the whole Ghostbusters HQ which you get to explore and look around at stuff. It's very awesome.

The one thing that I particularly liked is the big painting of Vigo the Carpathian, which the Ghostbusters now have in their headquarters. And if you check it, it gives one liner quotes at you, some of which are pretty hilarious.

What I was REALLY pleasantly surprised by was the horror aspect of it. Yes, it's funny. Yes, it's fun to play. But the odd time when you're walking around a dark hallway and a ghost pops out in that classic "Boo!" effect, I gotta say, it got a few jumps out of me.

All in all, I gotta say, the game's a winner. But if you've actually watched and liked the movies, it like, triples the awesomeness of it.
Thumbs up from me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 am
Does it have Mr. Staypuff? I'd be a little disappointed if it didn't. I just bought Killzone 2... it probably has the sickest graphics I've ever seen in a video game to date, but as far as the game... well, it's an FPS. It's adequate, but there's nothing really special about it. Guess I was expecting more. Left 4 Dead remains the last really impressive FPS I've played in a while, but that's me. And Bio, I think I get what you're saying about PS3's texture smoothing now. That's kind of disappointing. Now I'm not so sure if it's worth it. Dammit, now I wish I held off a little and got the 60gig model in the first place. stressed

Deadite, you want your movie to be offensive. Offensive = Publicity. 3nodding

Vankala, anybody can dance nowadays. All you do is go to a club with pre-packaged, over-processed updated 1975 music playing, and grind your a** against some dude's groin while he moves his hips slightly. That's what's considered 'dancing' these days.

And it's good to know that nobody here wants kinds. All my friends are married with kids now, and sometimes it gets me thinking like I'm supposed to be married with kids at my age. I wouldn't know what to do with a kid. I'd just be like, "I'm going out, here's your ba-ba and your diapers, don't drool on the carpet, see ya."  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:30 am
speaking of cuttign calories, my uncle's wife jsut gave birth to a baby today. when do baby showers happen?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:08 am
Dude, Mr. Stay Puft is in the first level. Hell yeah.

Yeah, if you already have a PS3 and a PS2, I don't think there's a point in getting the 60 gig one unless you can fully reimburse your money by selling the two.

And yeah, if there's anything Killzone impressed me with it was visuals. But hey, that puts it a step above Halo 3.  

Biohazard EXTREME

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am
Biohazard EXTREME
So guys, I just picked up Ghostbusters the video game (which I played right after having a Ghostbuster movie marathon). So far I just finished mission 2, and I am very impressed by the game.
The dialogue is awesome, the humor of Ghostbusters, mixed with the fan service of the nature of the dialogue kicks total a**. You really gotta watch the movies before playing the game, because sometimes they reference the smallest little quotes, and you go, "Oh yeah, I remember him saying that!"

The gameplay is a lot of fun. Catching ghosts kinda reminds me of the fishing game in Ocarina of Time, in that you have to wrangle them back and forth to weaken them.

The level design is just awesome. You got the places from the movies, which is awesome, but then you got these new places that were really well built. Alternate Dimensions that look like Legacy of Kain type architecture. Overall I'm very impressed with the level design. Not to mention the whole Ghostbusters HQ which you get to explore and look around at stuff. It's very awesome.

The one thing that I particularly liked is the big painting of Vigo the Carpathian, which the Ghostbusters now have in their headquarters. And if you check it, it gives one liner quotes at you, some of which are pretty hilarious.

What I was REALLY pleasantly surprised by was the horror aspect of it. Yes, it's funny. Yes, it's fun to play. But the odd time when you're walking around a dark hallway and a ghost pops out in that classic "Boo!" effect, I gotta say, it got a few jumps out of me.

All in all, I gotta say, the game's a winner. But if you've actually watched and liked the movies, it like, triples the awesomeness of it.
Thumbs up from me.

A movie based game that doesn't completely suck? Shocking. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:37 pm
That's what happens when the developers actually care about their product.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:26 am
@Thee Stranger: True, but I'm not one of those attention seekers who crave even bad publicity. But I'm going through with it anyways, so we'll see how it turns out.

House of the Dead: Overkill is balls to the walls awesome, muthuh f(_){/
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:18 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
@Thee Stranger: True, but I'm not one of those attention seekers who crave even bad publicity. But I'm going through with it anyways, so we'll see how it turns out.

Yeah, "directors who like bad publicity" includes Uwe Boll. Don't be like Uwe Boll. Never be like Uwe Boll.

For the love of all things holy. Do not. Be. Like Uwe Boll. xd

I wanna get House of the Dead: Overkill... and with the money I just got from that bet my dad set up, I can do so. biggrin And hell, if I wait a month and a week, July 27th... I can buy it all by myself! xd

So yeah, that bet I told everyone about a while back, the one with my brother and I where whoever got the better GPA got $500 (half in the bank, though) and the loser got $100 (again, half in the bank). Well, he said that the rules were always shifting so it wasn't fair either way, so we both got $500! Now, half in the bank, so $250, then the other $50 we both got from washing off a giant Slurpee balloon... $300 ALL MINE. I'm so excited owning my first (two!) $100 bills and my first (two!) $50 bills at the same time. biggrin

And next semester, it's not a competition. From 3.6 to 4.0 GPA, you gain $100. Ex. 3.6 = $100, 3.7 = $200, 4.0 = $500. Basically it's like our allowance now, only compressed into one big payout at the end of the semester. It's great. :O  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:56 pm
Canas Renvall
The Not So Evil Deadite

Yeah, "directors who like bad publicity" includes Uwe Boll. Don't be like Uwe Boll. Never be like Uwe Boll.

For the love of all things holy. Do not. Be. Like Uwe Boll. xd

I wanna get House of the Dead: Overkill... and with the money I just got from that bet my dad set up, I can do so. biggrin And hell, if I wait a month and a week, July 27th... I can buy it all by myself! xd

So yeah, that bet I told everyone about a while back, the one with my brother and I where whoever got the better GPA got $500 (half in the bank, though) and the loser got $100 (again, half in the bank). Well, he said that the rules were always shifting so it wasn't fair either way, so we both got $500! Now, half in the bank, so $250, then the other $50 we both got from washing off a giant Slurpee balloon... $300 ALL MINE. I'm so excited owning my first (two!) $100 bills and my first (two!) $50 bills at the same time. biggrin

And next semester, it's not a competition. From 3.6 to 4.0 GPA, you gain $100. Ex. 3.6 = $100, 3.7 = $200, 4.0 = $500. Basically it's like our allowance now, only compressed into one big payout at the end of the semester. It's great. :O

Uwe Boll is my idol (But not really...Just wanted to make your eyes widen). His movies may be s**t, but I respect a man who actually offers to quit the business and spare us all if enough people wanted him to go (Via the online petition). That's pretty ballsy. Especially if he keeps his word. Cuz I have no doubt that one day he will have to answer to his claim.

I've played through HotD:O twice today (Normal and Director's Cut) with my friend, and I have to say, I'm very happy I bought the game I was iffy about in the first place.

I can sum up the game rather quickly, actually:

The plot is ******** up. The dialogue is ******** up. The splatter mechanics are ******** up. The very addicting and very fun game play is easy...yet still very ******** up. The end boss is really ******** up. The multilayer is ******** up. The presentation is ******** up. The stages are ******** up. The rail shooting is ******** up. Me dropping this many f bombs is ******** up, but damn, is it so very necessary for my summary...Or is it? Ah, who the ******** cares?

EDIT: Hey Canas, you should get HotD:O now. Gamestop has a deal that will last to june 25th where Mad World and HotD:O cost 20 dollars less new. I bought mine for 30 bucks.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games