Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:01 pm
Wait...oh yeah the 4th....sorry but over here they don't celebrate it....since most people are chinese and taiwanese over here. they have double ten day mot fourth of july.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm
NotteRequiem
The Not So Evil Deadite
Take care of yourself, man, and remember that time heals all wounds.

I completely disagree.

You're right. I did say that to (try) to make him feel better. And I have thankfully yet to experience a deep loss. But when I say time heals all wounds, I believe it. In the same way you probably do too. And that way is death. I don't believe in an afterlife, so when we die, I think there is a nothingness. Which means we won't have a care in the world, because there won't be a care to care about. Sure, in life, maybe the wounds will never heal. But that is the reason why I plan to look forward to death (After I have hopefully lived a long and prosperous life). So that there will be no more emotional sadness . And if you do believe in an afterlife, all the better. For through death, you will eventually be reunited with all the ones you have ever lost, and there will be no reason to hurt anymore. Time is our mortal clock, and when it eventually stops (For us personally), all wounds shall be healed. It is my very zen outlook on life and death.  

King of Paradise

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:57 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
NotteRequiem
The Not So Evil Deadite
Take care of yourself, man, and remember that time heals all wounds.

I completely disagree.

You're right. I did say that to (try) to make him feel better. And I have thankfully yet to experience a deep loss. But when I say time heals all wounds, I believe it. In the same way you probably do too. And that way is death. I don't believe in an afterlife, so when we die, I think there is a nothingness. Which means we won't have a care in the world, because there won't be a care to care about. Sure, in life, maybe the wounds will never heal. But that is the reason why I plan to look forward to death (After I have hopefully lived a long and prosperous life). So that there will be no more emotional sadness . And if you do believe in an afterlife, all the better. For through death, you will eventually be reunited with all the ones you have ever lost, and there will be no reason to hurt anymore. Time is our mortal clock, and when it eventually stops (For us personally), all wounds shall be healed. It is my very zen outlook on life and death.

I'm glad your beliefs are so strong. That's great thing to have. But I don't believe that time will heal everything. Time can teach you how to greater deal with something, in my opinion, but I don't think it heals everything.

But all that said, I am alive, and I have a very long (hopefully) life to live. Perhaps one day I'll see the ones I've lost when my time is up, but all I need to know is that my loved ones are in peace and no longer in the pain they were in on this earth.

It's all relative smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:18 pm
I downloaded Siren: Blood Curse in its entirety (all 12 episodes) today onto my PS3, alongside RE: DC, Medievil, and Bomberman Ultra. Played through three episodes of Siren and man, I have to tell you... It's definitely the first game to creep me out for a while. The idea of all these intertwining stories and the characters trying to escape the lost village of Hanuda makes for good drama, and of course... the stealth horror. Plot every move, 'cause it could be your last if you slip up. The sight jacking mechanic is awesome too. Basically, some characters can literally see through the eyes of the enemies, and the screen splits in half vertically with normal camera on the left and the enemy sight on the right. This makes for tense moments, like seeing the enemy walk right near the closet you're hiding in.

Recommended for survival horror fans!

Edit: I found out why it's so good. The director of Siren: Blood Curse is the same guy who directed the first Silent Hill! More incentive to turn out the lights and keep a fresh change of underwear handy. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:14 am
I thought that game was a bit scary, but figuring out how to use the sight jack...well It was hard since at one point I knew that no matter what I did I would be seen and I got stuck.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:51 am
I played the demo of it. The only thing I didn't really like was the camera. I had a hard time controlling it from what I remember. sweatdrop

I got a lot of new games this past week and I've been busy playing them. The majority of them are horror games. xd

Yesterday, I rented Drawn to Life for the DS, and it's a good game. The gameplay reminds me of Mario (2d platforming), and you get to sketch your own hero and other things! Can't believe I waited this long to try it...  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:37 am
So, I'm currently working on the trailer for my comeback flick. It will be about 40-45 seconds long and will feature stuff that will not be in the movie. It's mostly to display what type of stuff that is going to be in the movie to give viewers a general feel of what the movie is going to be about. Hopefully I can film all the stuff in one day so I can edit it and put it up right away.

The trailer will be set to the this epic theme (Using just the first thirty seconds):

Inferno

and the last few seconds of the trailer will focus on a one shot with the title in it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 am
I can't wait to see this. That music is awesome. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:26 pm
I want to download PS2 onto my pc.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:11 pm
So, if the trailer is not ready by Thursday, expect at least concept art and the one shot that's to come at the end of the trailer.

EDIT:

Alright, so I won't be able to do the one shot tonight, but I still have at least a piece of concept art, as well as an extra bonus: The concept art realized!

So, first the concept art:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And now the concept art realized:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So, whaddya think?

Criticism and feedback would be much appreciated, for I am always looking for advice to make my creations scarier.  

King of Paradise

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm
Um....nice?! What is it? Is it supposed to be an original character? or someone else?Mybe the checkered jacket isn't that good...maybe some other pattern.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:37 pm
Alkaizer87
Um....nice?! What is it? Is it supposed to be an original character? or someone else?Mybe the checkered jacket isn't that good...maybe some other pattern.

Yes, it is an original character. There's an entire back story behind this character (And the house the film is set in) that wont be in the movie, so all you have to know to criticize my creation is that it's a ghost of a man with a plastic bag over his head and a demonic looking face inked onto the bag.

Change the checkered jacket? I'll consider it...Maybe I'll check my wardrobe to see if there is something more befitting of a ghost. Any recommendations without getting too cliche?  

King of Paradise

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:47 pm
Actually, if you have one, a flannel jacket/shirt might work, granted that might be too cliche.
Maybe if we had alittle more information on this character, not like how he died and whatnot, just like what he did for a living.
Unless that'd give away too much of the plot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm
It wouldn't give away the plot, because his backstory won't be in this movie.

Well, this character was a frustrated serial killer who had no particular modus operandi. He simply killed whoever angered or annoyed him by whatever means were available. From these acts, he was able to find a calm he could never find with normal anger control exercises. Which resulted in him becoming addicted to killing. It just so happened that one of his intended victims, a bag boy, was also a notorious serial killer and beat him to the punch, murdering the frustrated serial killer by suffocating him with a plastic bag (Which is why he has a plastic bag over his head). Angered beyond belief at the fact he was killed, the frustrated man refused to stay dead and instead came back as an evil spirit hell bent on revenge. He killed the bag boy and became attached to his home, where his spirit remains to haunt all those who anger him by disrupting his long lusted for peace.

Ok, that gave away some of the plot, but not all of it.

Well, that's about as much information on this character as I can give. Other things you might ask I may not have an answer to, for the fact that I never came up with specific details (Like what he did for a living) for this character.  

King of Paradise

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:23 pm
That background isn't actually that bad. I think it's been done before, but then again, what hasn't?

I was just asking because depending on what he did for a living, aside from what you revealed, he could easily wear clothes to match. Such as, what if he was say a mechanic. He would probably wear coveralls/jumpsuit, much like what Michael Myers wears.

Granted, the clothing could also represent many other things.

But I don't think the clothing is that big of a deal.

Now on to the character, I actually do like the look and the background.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games