Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:29 am
Couldnt it just be a new character? or possibly jill with blonde hair?

i really wanted jill to be in RE5  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:51 am
Why would Jill just dye her hair? Better question. What would Jill be doing in an incubation capsule?
Maybe Jill will still be in RE5, but no, Capcom said that the girl was a returning character, I believe.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kobo-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:24 pm
Ya, it's got to be Sherry. Extreme's right; why would Jill dye her hair + be in some capsule? Unless Wesker suddenly became a pervert from some wacko dude inside Capcom *cough* It would be nice to see some returning characters, however, back in RE5 ;o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:38 pm
Which is very unlikely, no matter how much Capcom screwed up with RE4.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:21 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

they didnt screw up. they tryed new things and they brought new players into the RE world  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:33 pm
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME

they didnt screw up. they tryed new things and they brought new players into the RE world

And yet, It's those same players that play 4 first that find no flaws with it. Mainly 'cause it's their first game, and it seems so "Cool" at the time, They dont think of Issues that need resolving.  

S I L K B O X E R S

Shameless Perfectionist

Vankala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:09 pm
oO Yukiyo Oo
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME

And yet, It's those same players that play 4 first that find no flaws with it. Mainly 'cause it's their first game, and it seems so "Cool" at the time, They dont think of Issues that need resolving.

Well, once they decide to play the others, then they'll realize RE4's many flaws. At least, I'd like to hope that they do. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:22 pm
Vankala
oO Yukiyo Oo
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME

Well, once they decide to play the others, then they'll realize RE4's many flaws. At least, I'd like to hope that they do. sweatdrop

I doubt it. You can't go to over the shoulder camera angles, with third person aiming to, well, fixed camera angles and a very restricted aiming system.  

Elliot Salem

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:40 pm
but see after they do all that they can still say that RE 4 got them into the game  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:45 pm
Resident_Kyo
but see after they do all that they can still say that RE 4 got them into the game

No. What they'll say is RE4 is the best one of the series, all the others suck. Leon is so awesome. Only it'll be in retarded text talk and internet terms. My point is, RE4 is the worst of the series and does not deserve to have Resident Evil in the name. I take into consideration that Gaiden was worse than 4, but also take into consideration that atleast 4 didn't ******** Leon's character up. It still did, just not as bas.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:07 pm
Vash Thompson
Resident_Kyo

No. What they'll say is RE4 is the best one of the series, all the others suck. Leon is so awesome. Only it'll be in retarded text talk and internet terms. My point is, RE4 is the worst of the series and does not deserve to have Resident Evil in the name. I take into consideration that Gaiden was worse than 4, but also take into consideration that atleast 4 didn't ******** Leon's character up. It still did, just not as bas.

Exactly. These so called "new fans" are just a bunch of noobs. I love RE movies, but anyone who watches the movies and then assumes that they know everything about RE is an idiot, and I wouldn't give any more credit than that to someone who only played 4 and never gave the others a chance because they didn't want to take their precious little half an hour to get used to the controls.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:29 pm
That girl in the end of the trailer could be Steve ^^!  

JirayaHit

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:10 pm
Vash Thompson
Vankala
oO Yukiyo Oo
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME

I doubt it. You can't go to over the shoulder camera angles, with third person aiming to, well, fixed camera angles and a very restricted aiming system.
Well, maybe there are more people like me that started off with RE4 and expanded to the rest of the series and actually noticed the many flaws in RE4 afterward.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:36 pm
JirayaHit
That girl in the end of the trailer could be Steve ^^!

Don't make me slap you !! .__. Steve was annoying as hell as I saw him the first time. *cough* Resident Evil 4. ...The only thing 'RE' about RE4 is Leon, Ada, and Wesker. Everything else wasn't. Well, other than the fact that Krauser only mentioned 'Umbrella' like once or twice, but that's it.

I believe with how RE5 is being put into play, with the setting and multiple enemies at once, I do consider using the over-the-shoulder camera angle to be better. I don't have any problems with the original camera angles from the previous RE games, but can you imagine you turn at a house's corner and the camera angle changes and next thing you know - 50 mobsters are blocking your view and you end up dying XD Well, other than that one area in Hunk's scenario in 4th Survivor. /swt

I can only say that with the bigger setting and increased number of enemies popping up at you at once, it's reasonable to use over-the-shoulder + free-aiming. In short? *catches breath* I think the over-the-shoulder camera angle is better used when settings and enemies are much much more than the previous games. ...Then again, I hope they won't make it suddenly into a FPS <_____<

@Kaworu: Ya, that's true. I played RE2 first time years ago *shudders from nightmares*. I went to 3, then remake (but never finished it). Then 0 then 4. I started to get interested with the whole Umbrella and Wesker conflict and connections between each game by 3. RE4 was alright. It was a new thing they wanted to try, but I think they didn't do so well in it ;<

Kobo-chan

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 am
Kaworu__Nagisa
Vash Thompson
Vankala
oO Yukiyo Oo
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME

Well, maybe there are more people like me that started off with RE4 and expanded to the rest of the series and actually noticed the many flaws in RE4 afterward.

Well you're probably one of the only ones.
@Kobo: My point is, well was, that the fixed camera angles made the game a horror game. You never knew where the enemy truly was going to pop up and attack you. An open area (not really open, but not as closed as the original RE) with 3rd person aiming isn't really horror at all. It shows you too much. Before I continue, the only thing about RE was Ada and Wesker. Leon may have been in a previous games, but they changed him way to much. It didn't even feel like you were playing as Leon, but more or less Tom Cruise. Anyway, you can still have a good horror-ish game with 3rd person aiming (Dead Aim did it, only kind of a FPS) but it's all about camera angles. Over the shoulder, as I said before reveals too much of your surroundings. So you can see the enemies before they get too close. Meanwhile, in the original REs, a zombie could be around the corner, and you wouldn't know because the camera wouldn't show you. Thus when it lunges at you, you get scared/freaked out.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games