Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gredar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:16 pm
Marten sighed. He hated diging for answers, partly because it was a pain but mostly because it ment the person he was asking probably felt he was tagging along. "How minor? As in 'get my old hairbrush and some dirt' minor, or 'if I'm not back in 15 minutes it means the basilisk ate me' minor?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:32 am
Witium looked back up to Marten, "Old hairbrush and some dirt minor, BUUUT sense it is minor that means the consequences are going to be devastating. I wonder if I'll get a person curse or a family one." The elf scratched his chin and chuckled, "Oh well, no worries." He pointed out to the horizon, "Oh hey, there's the town right over there. Good thing i buried that guy outside of it."  

kroska
Vice Captain

Gredar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:45 am
"Hmm, interesting. So you have 'hair of my enemy' from Miles, which I assume is a reagent for the spell, and now you're getting his corpse. What else do you need to find?" Marten circled around, trying hard to stay within telepathic range of the two.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:50 am
Witium yawned and looked side to side for the spot where he buried Camthalion, "A certain book that Camthalion has, something that smells like his love and my blood. I'm guessing who gives up the blood suffers the horrific repercussions."

The elf kept up a smile as he made his way over to a good sized boulder, "And here we are. Time to get started."  

kroska
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 pm
Yousei trudged through the sands behind Witium, relieved as the sun finally disappeared behind the distant Tors. She looked behind her and realized how far they had come in such a short amount of time. Karasu and the others had completely disappeared from sight (though the dark of night had contributed greatly to this).

Finally, as they reached their destination, she was able to catch up to Marten and Witium. Upon examining the large boulder, she realized that it must have been a makeshift tombstone of sorts. A shiver ran down her spine... The thought of Camthalion's body unearthed after days of the desert heat and decomposition made her cringe. Instead, she decided to fulfil her next mission. "I'll be right back.." she spoke meekly to no one in particular and slowly made her way toward the village gates.

Karasu noticed Miles take off after the others and sighed. If he was going to return to the village, she might as well accompany them... She got to her feet, unfolded her wings, and leapt into the air to quickly follow suit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:03 pm
Witium rubbed his hands together before placing them on the boulder. With a strenuous grunt he began to slowly push the boulder forward. It was about as big as he was so it wasn't too bad. Still it took him a couple minutes to move it 5 feet. A bead of sweat ran down the side of his face, "It's better that Yousei not see this..."

He brushed away a foot of dirt until he got to a large sandy bag. With his hand he plugged his nose and with his sword he sliced it open. A miniature cloud of rotted smell spewed forth and the sight of Camthalions mostly preserved body lay there still. "God...that's a strong stench. And Man, that sight is unnerving."

The elf let a deep sigh, "This is going to hurt so badly." He searched camthalions bag for the book and set it on his chest. On top of that the hair of Miles. From there, he sliced open his hand and squeezed out drops of blood onto Camthalion's body. Then came the last ingredient, the smell of his love. By reaching for his water skin, Witium poured the water from the forest onto his body. The one thing elfs loved was their home, the Black Woode. Now the hair of his enemy, the blood of an elf, the book of black magic and the scent of his love all lay on Camthalion's body. "I hope this works..."  

kroska
Vice Captain

Gredar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Marten was torn between his fascination at the resurrection spell and his newfound infatuation with Yousei. At first love won out, and he followed her at a safe distance above with magicly enhanced sight. He wasn't spying, per se, since she probably knew he was there, but after a while he began to feel guilty all the same. Banking his wings, he made a large arc back to where Witium was just finishing the spell. He sensed rather than saw the life return to Camthalion, but something was wrong. His lungs weren't working right... his heart was barely pumping... crap, most of his body was failing. Landing by Witium, Marten quickly grabbed Camthalion's shoulders and heaved him out of the hole. "Go find Yousei, and all the village healers you can! The spell worked, but his body has decayed since he died. He'll die if we don't fix him fast enough." Marten fell silent then, the only sound he made was to mutter a seemingly endless incantation under his breath. All the major organ systems were failing at once. It was a race against time, fixing the heart just in time for the lungs to fail, before racing to the kidneys to avert acute renal shutdown, then back to the heart, then the brain, then to a major artery that burst under the sudden rise in pressure. Without help, Marten knew, Camthalion would die again.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:09 am
Yousei looked up at the village gates and took yet another deep breath, before apprehensively pushing against them. When they didn't budge after several attempts, she realized that the villagers must have barricaded them so as to ensure that the group would not return to cause more damage. She inclined her ear, and heard the faint cries of the villagers from inside. Her heart sank at the sound of their mournful lamentation. She rested against the doors to better apprehend their distraught murmurs and shouts, though they seemed to be growing steadily more lucid by the second... Bam! The next thing Yousei knew, she was on the ground, about to be trampled by a herd of migrating villagers. She quickly got to her feet and was about to move out of the way when she realized that the villagers had simultaneously frozen at the sight of her. As she turned to face them, they each took a step back. After a moment of silence, she opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by an angry shout, "You destroyed our home!" As though that were a trigger, suddenly, all of the villagers' expressions had changed from horror-stricken to animous grimaces. Slowly, they approached her, each jeering and cursing furiously. She could hear the sound of daggers being drawn, but she dared not budge. For she knew that if she were to show sign of retreating, she would only cause them to charge.. This was common knowledge amongst Elves: any creature, when angry and surrounded by a large number of its own equally-angry kind, will revert to an animous form, no matter how intelligent it may be on its own.

So she merely stood there for a moment as she thought of a way out of her situation. She could find no words to voice her true motives that would not simply be taken as deceit. All that she could do was stand there...

Suddenly, the villagers each looked to the sky behind Yousei, their eyes wide with fright. She quickly realized this and looked behind her. There was Karasu, wings turned forth to slow her to a stop just feet behind her master. Relief washed over Yousei, though she wasn't quite sure how Karasu would choose to handle the situation... The dragon elegantly stepped beside Yousei and looked from her to the villagers, staring intently at them with a defiant gaze. Yousei turned back to face the mob of villagers and watched them stare timidly at Karasu. She smiled and caressed her dragon's snout before mounting her and speaking out to the villagers, "Don't be afraid! I merely returned to purify your water supply and restore your homes, if possible.." Yousei realized that her words were probably not going to be accepted, even with a dragon on her side to help pursuade them, but she could only hope that they would at least allow her access to their village so that she may prove to them that she was telling the truth. Karasu stood perfectly still and allowed her master to speak without so much as a growl.

Several of the villagers mumbled things, others scoffed, and a fair amount of them merely stood there trembling at the sight of Karasu who snorted augustly in return... Yousei sighed, and looked to the open gates behind the crowd of civilians. "If you could just allow me access to the Life Spring," she began, "I swear you won't regret it.." Several of them began nodding their heads by this point. "After all," Yousei continued unsuredly, "What have you got to lose...?" Many of the villagers were now nodding their heads, and only a small fraction were still gawking at Karasu.

"All right," spoke the one that had previously shouted at her, "We'll let you in." At this, the villagers cleared a path for the them. Yousei smiled brightly and Karasu idly made her way toward the Spring. The villagers looked to eachother and slowly followed them due to curiosity and perhaps a frail shimmer of hope. As soon as she came to a halt by its shore, Yousei slid off of her back and knelt before the murky waters. She then uttered an inaudible prayer, and pulled a scroll from one of her many compartments to touch it to the surface. As she prayed, the scroll began to emit a soft blue effulgence, and soon, a wave of purity seemed to radiate from the scroll, as the dirt and debris around it began to depart. This wave slowly spread further and further out, until one could no longer see its edge. Sweat glistened on Yousei's face, as she felt her energy being steadily drained. The villagers watched in awe as their oasis slowly returned to them, bringing with it their hope...

Finally, Yousei felt the water supply was completely purged of all impurities, and immediately allowed herself to sit back on the shore to rest. She turned back toward the surrounding villagers and smiled. Immediately, there were shouts and cheers, and suddenly, she was surrounded by them, receiving hearty pats and compliments from several of them as half of the crowd ran to touch the waters of the oasis and draw from its contents. The smile remained on her face for a time, though it soon began to fade as she felt herself losing consciousness. A hand soon reached through the crowd toward her, followed by a familiar face. She accepted Emille's hand and was quickly pulled to her feet. Her head pounded, and she clutched it tightly before looking to Emille once more, who was grinning broadly at her. "I knew you'd try somethin' like this. Miles always falls for the thick-headed types.." she said, arms akimbo. Yousei looked at her unsuredly for a moment, before smirking. Suddenly, Emille wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug, "Thank you..." Yousei was a bit taken aback but returned the embrace, nonetheless.
Emille stepped back and looked up at her once more, "Be careful out there. You may have survived these guys, but let's face it: they're wimps.."

Yousei smiled and nodded, "You do the same."

Emille returned the nod and slowly disappeared into the crowd.

Yousei watched her make her leave and turned to Karasu to imply that they should do the same.

(Wow.. This is what happens when you're forced to RP alone.. x_x; Sorry for the read you guys).

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gredar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:33 am
((isn't rp'ing alone called writing a book?))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:03 am
Witium reached in his bag and pulled out a resurrection potion, "And now we use this little guy for once." He tipped Camthalion's head back and poured it slowly down his throat, "There ya go, now you've got yourself some more time." The elf nodded to Marten's statement and picked up Camthalion, "Alright, lets go find us a healer in this town then. Marten find Yousei and she if she can help heal up Camthalion." He gave the human a pat on the shoulder with a smile and made his way into the town.

Off in one of the corners of the town was a white building with a red cross on the front. Witium smiled and opened it's giant front door, "Hello?!" A elderly man turned from a table to look at the two elves, "Yes, what do you need?"
Witium gestured to Camthalion, "Well, I need you to heal up my buddy."

The old man nodded and jestured for Witium to set him down on a table, "Alright, there's a price to this though, I have to eat too."
The elf smirked and pulled out his gold pouch. He tossed it to the old man and turned his back, "I hope that's enough, please do a good job old man." From there we made his way to a chair that was right by the door, "So, Camthalion! How ya feelin?"  

kroska
Vice Captain

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:24 pm
If there was a way to describe being resurrected from the dead, it was torment. The exhileration of being revived, with all his internal organs being set in place and his elven body restored to its magnificent glory, made him cry in agony on the inside. How a human could survive...no, it wouldn't survive. He pain a human would have to go through would sent him straight back to hell.

Camthalion eyes opened for the first time in what seemed like years, lying on the bed with an old healer removing his bandages and dampening cloth over his brow. He glanced over each side, and saw a familiar face...Witium. The old elf smiled thinly at his counterpart and, with great effort, waved him over.

"Witium. Thank you." He was barely audible. "Stay with me for a while. This is much to talk about when I have regained some momentum on this planet."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:44 pm
Witium scooted his chair over to Camthalion, "Was being brought back a wild ride?" The elf laughed as he put a hand on his friends shoulder, "Yousei will be happy to see you alive." He scratched his chin and thought, "Before we get anywhere, is their any draw back to the ritual? Are either of us cursed for the rest of our lives?"

A sharp grin slid across his face, "Hopefully not. It's good to have you back old friend. So, what news do you bring?" Witium wasn't much for words and merely wanted to get straight to the facts.  

kroska
Vice Captain

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 pm
Cam's smile faded on both counts. He wasn't ready to state either of them, but he felt he had to now that Witium asked. He gripped Witium's shoulder, looking completely somber.

"Drawbacks? Yes, there are definitely drawbacks. And they aren't good ones. The first is that the length of elven age is decreased by half. The second is that magical properties are almost gone; though it is temporary, you will never become what you once was. And...worst of all, you now possess powers that I inherited when I performed the same revival ritual so many years ago.

"As for the news I bring, it is no better, but that will have to wait for when Yousei sees me."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:37 pm
Witium unsheathed his right sword and looked at it as it stood vertically in his hand. A quick smile formed over his face, "That means I only have a couple more centuries to live, what a pitty." The elf patted his friends shoulder, "So, can ya stand yet?" He chuckled some as he sheathed his sword once again.

"It's time we have ourselves another adventure Camthalion. There are still evil's to be trampled over, tyrants to be overthrown, and shadowed to be slain. If we can battle that until the day we die, I say we'll have lived honorably."  

kroska
Vice Captain

Gredar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:15 pm
As soon as Witium was too far away to hear Marten spat after him. He didn't blame the elf for not knowing, but Marten had trained in healing under some of the best at the monastary. There were very few healers that could match his skill, and none of them lived in this town. He shook his head before breaking into a run and leaping into the air, flapping his wings in a lurching flight. Now to find Yousei, though Marten had no intention of bringing her back to Witium just yet. Camthalion would survive now without their help: elvish vitality, Marten's deftness, and Witiums potion would be enough to restore his physical form to full strength.

Marten touched Karasu's mind, though the spell wouldn't tell him where she was. "Where'd you and Yousei go? We just revived Camthalion, he should be fully healed by dawn." He spoke a spell and began to probe the village telepathicly, searching for them. It struck him as odd that there seemed to be so few men in the village; most of the children were in their beds, but the women of the town were often peering out the window or pacing in their drawing rooms. His mind suddenly touched a place where many people, most of them men, were gathered. Tilting his wings he made his way towards them, mostly out of curiosity. What could get this many people out of the house this late in the day?  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games