Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Andor
Giang Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm
((As long as I continue to live and breath this guild shall not perish!....only be stalled by many things due to personal lives of guildmembers XD Sorry about the long wait fubar...I had checked this thread every day until about feb 14....after that i kinda forgot >_< Oddly enough the post counter for the guild isnt working...its been 97 posts for who knows how long.))

"It is a pleasure to finally meet the master craftsman. I wished to talk to you about a few things but firstly I must apologize. The marionette that I borrowed obtained a few nicks. I was wondering if you could teach me how to make these fine pieces of art." Melthin bowed as he put the marionette before him, showing the small scratches and nicks it obtained in the fight. Even though his request was true, he did wish to be able to make things like this, yet he wished to improve the design for combat purposes. After all, Tinkers would never make something for war or violence. The possibility of soldiers that would need no food or water and no other weapons but themselves is very intriguing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:24 pm
(No prob, Matrim. At least someone will keep posting. biggrin )

"I'm afraid it takes years to master the art of making these," the Tinker replied, shaking his head as he looked at the doll. "However, I can at least show you how to maintain and repair the one in your possession."
"Don't tease him, Rowiyl," Kiae scolded the man, hands on her hips. "You can at least show him the basics and you know it. So go on - get your things!" she ordered, waving her hands at the man.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:54 pm
Melthin smiled at Kiae and gave her a slight nod in thanks as he looked back towards the Tinker. He obviously does not realize how diligent of a note taker I am. Years he says! I shall perfect it in a matter of months. Whether he could though was uncertain. He hoped to so that he could start making his own rather quickly and start experimenting with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:12 pm
(Oh, I forgot to say the post counter is working for me, so I'm not sure what's up with it.)

As the man grumbled and turned back into his home, Kiae leaned forward and rested a hand on Melthin's shoulder lightly. "I'd listen to him with some respect if I was you," she warned him calmly, close to his ear to prevent anyone overhearing. "He's a close friend and knows what he's talking about. Things are not always as simple as copying what you see, after all. I'd remember that."
Her message delivered, she stepped back and reached out with saidar to see if she could sense either Esole or Ethin. They were still distant, but there nonetheless.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm
((Dead guild be living again! biggrin Huzzah! And it occured to me that I should have posted back then... Eh. sweatdrop ))
Cobain looked at the two of them disappearing toward the wagons. He was about to follow when he heard gleeful shouts. Turning, he spotted a group of children led by Asono? ((Name slips me mind. ><)) and grinned widely. "Hey, you lot." He greeted them as they swept him up and dragged him off to the campfire. He laughed aloud, he really had no idea why the children loved him so- not that it bothered him. He picked several small stones up off the ground and began juggling, grinning at their oohs and ahhs.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:55 pm
((Weird....oh well...))

Melthin sighed and took a handkerchief form his pocket, dusting the spot her hand had been but seconds ago. The woman doesn't know what boundaries are it seems. He quickly tucked it back in his pocket and looked around, noting that Cobain had vanished. He shrugged it off as nothing as he continued to wait. "I shall take that into consideration, Aes Sedai. Perhaps later I may ask you to gander over my notes and see if I missed anything on the human body, as well as a lecture on personal space." Even though he was trying to be friendly, he could not think of any friendlier way to say that he didn't wish her to touch him.

Don't want to wrinkle this outfit. I should have brought more then three. Oh well. Next we visit a town I have a home in, I shall have to retrieve another set or two. "I meant no offense. It is just something that carried over from Anya. Jealousy was her Achilles heel. Any time my clothes were ruffled or I came back smelling of perfume, she would have a knife at my throat and demand answers. Even went out and made sure I was telling the truth. Ebou Dar women are rather peculiar, don’t you agree?"  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 pm
(You're right. That was...out of nowhere.)

Kiae took the fact that he didn't reply to her warning as indication that he understood, so simply nodded and let it go. "I knew a few Ebou Dar women during my travels. They tend to be more dangerous than the men, it seems," she agreed cheerfully, knowing Rowiyl would be a few more minutes. He liked to take his time - apparently, he liked just to make her wait.

"I would be glad to inspect anything you wish me to," she continued with a slight nod. "I'm no expert on anatomy, but I'll do my best. And I'll try to remember the personal space," she added. Pausing, she peered at him. "But you had best remember that when I do touch someone, it is never carelessly." Leaving it at that, she tapped her foot with a loud sigh.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! No need to rush an old man!" he yelled from inside, causing Kiae to roll her eyes in exasperation.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 pm
Melthin pondered what she had meant, trying to see a meaning behind the words. Does not touch carelessly? What an odd choice of words. "Take your time good sir! I do not wish to rush you in any way." With that he took out his notebook and looked at it again. So many years of study and research all on every creature he ever encountered, shadow spawn included. Perhaps I should have done more research on Mydrall. I swear every attempt was frustrating. It's as If the Dark One creates with haste and doesn't quite pay attention to where things go. Trolloc's being the prime example of this.

He turned and held out the small book to her, smiling "I just ask that you do not destroy any more pages. It took me almost 5 months to compile the knowledge on Mydrall and even then with difficulty. You would not believe how hard it is to get one to examine." Deep down he still wished he could have looked and examined the odd creature before she had destroyed it as well as his notes on it. "To know one's enemy is after all the key to any victory. Patterns, habits, and makeup all can be key things to winning any engagement. Listen to me, rambling as always. Forgive me. I tend to talk too much about my research."  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 pm
Kiae took the notebook, distaste and curiosity both on her face. "You have notes on Myddraal? Light above, that is an accomplishment," she complimented him, giving credit where it was due. She continued to scan the many pages with obvious interest, frowning at some parts or others.

"Everything is so meticulous...it is a good thing after all he did not reach the creature," she thought with a small shudder to herself. Glancing back at him, she blinked. "I wish I could apologize for that destruction, but I believe it was for the best. I do not know how those creatures are created, let alone by whom and for what purpose, other than to hunt me. If any notes you took had fallen into Darkfriend hands, who knows what harm might have been done. I believe it is better to let such evil things pass through this life without any memory of them," she added darkly.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 am
"It was more of a hassle then I had first thought. Yet the borderlands did prove quite the place to obtain a few." He thought about her words, seeming to ponder them more thoroughly then he had his notes. What I would have given just to have seen the inside of that beast. From what I could tell it wasn’t one of those flying shadow spawn. The mind boggles at the possibilities. "You are right, even though it pains me to admit it. If another comes around, I shall not document it. I still do ponder though. Was it simply a shell with nothing inside? Or did it indeed live and breathe. The mind can only speculate." Again he had taken on his most pensive pose as he thought through his next actions for the day as well as how he was to modify the puppets he would later make after these lessons.

He was brought back to his attention by a small bird in a tree, chirping at its mate in the next tree, most likely letting it know that it had returned. He turned his attention to Kiae and smiled as something new struck him. "Perhaps after this, I should write another book on the flora and fauna of the world. I haven't seen anyone try to accomplish it yet besides the few books of just herbs and such in the library at Tear." He was still vexed about that, remembering the heated argument he and the librarian had had about the subject of why there were no other books on poisonous plants.  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 pm
"I think that would be a fine idea. Light knows it would be more helpful for those of us who are actually outside of the White Tower than those who live there," Kiae agreed with a sigh and a shake of her head. "The research I do stays safely inside my head, I'm afraid. What I research is rather a nasty subject, after all," she continued with a shrug. "Not something the general public should know."

"All right, I'm ready," Rowiyl grumbled, appearing at the doorframe where they had been standing. "If you want to come in, better do it before I change my mind," he added.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:09 am
((Sorry if its too long...got carried away with trying to reveal a little more history))

"And here I thought all tinkers were kind hearted folk who aimed to please." He said rather hushed to Kiae before he walked humbly into the home and almost cursed. The interior was just as bright as the exterior. "At least I won't need much light during the night to study and continue working If I am ever taken enough to make a house look like this."

He stopped looking around at everything and smiled at the man, trying his best to seem as much a humble student as possible. "So teacher, where shall we begin?" Slowly his mind mulled over the words he had just said, bringing back a memory that he felt quite ashamed of.

The early harvest morning brought a small chill down everyone spine as they toiled to get the crops ready for cleaning. As he gazed at them, some sneered at him and made rather hateful gestures. Nobility had put a burden on some, he knew that for a fact. He just wished that he was out there with them so that this entire bickering could stop. "Melthin!" The voice brought him from his thoughts to the man in front of him, his teacher. Melthin stood and bowed to him in apology "I am sorry Sir. Where shall we begin?" The man just nodded and said a few things about keeping focus on his training. "Now let’s try it again. Just breathe and let me see how thick of a weave of Air you can make." Melthin did so, weaving one that was almost the size of a well built man's thigh. The teacher nodded and made a gesture meaning for Melthin to add another element into it.

Fire, Earth, and Water all combined. Just as he added spirit to it, the weave collapsed. Melthin stood there gaping trying to understand why he could not mix all five elements like the others. The teacher merely shook his head and turned around. "You do not seem to have enough talent like the rest. One cannot function on a single element alone. At this rate I could see why you failed to save her. You were too weak." Rage shot through him like bale fire as he sent out an arm thick rope around the teacher’s neck, pulling him away from his spot to a few paces in front of Melthin. As his eyes peered through his glasses he almost spat his words at the man before releasing him. "Talk to me like that again and I shall wring you out to dry."

He remembered that the man had broken his weave roughly and then he was punished for three weeks, shielded and forced to do the chores for everyone. Even though his mind had relived the event, his face had not changed and he continued to look at the marionette maker.  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 pm
(Oh, don't make me go into detail with the Tinker!)

"You look like a studier, so go and look at those books if you want," the Tinker suggested with a shrug. "Ask any questions you want. If Kiae vouched for you, that's all right then."

Kiae shook her head as Melthin disappeared into the tent, almost afraid to know what Rowiyl would do to the poor man. "He needs some humbling anyway," she thought wryly, taking a seat on the steps.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:02 pm
((Why not? I say you need some exercise with all these two, two sentence paragraphs you keep laying down. Stretch your mind Fubar. Stretch it with one of those exercise thingies XD))

Melthin took one of the book's eagerly and looked back out of the tent. "Please feel free to read the section on the human body that I have done. Just ignore the weave notes and I'm sure it could be of some help to you. Or you could just sit and twiddle your thumbs like a ninny." He had yelled the first two yet kept the last part within only his own hearing. Bringing his head back into the tent, he began studying the book with fervor. He occasionally nodded to himself as he went along, absorbing it all like a sponge to water. As soon as he finished he grabbed another, making sure to replace the book where he had found it. "Am I mistaken or are your creations hollow. She felt rather light So I could only determine either that you had indeed made it hollow for easier handling or used a light wood."

As he spoke, his eyes and face were still on the book he currently had in his hand. Others years ago would always think he was never paying attention while he read yet were occasionally shocked at times to hear him repeat word for word everything they had said. He took out very tiny quill and even small ink bottle, making notes on a sheet of paper he had tucked into his coat pocket for emergencies. "Perhaps I should write a section on the weaves for puppets after I learn to make then."  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:39 pm
(I hate you. xd It's been a long time since I got good RP material, be patient.)

"For the one I gave you, she was hollow. I made her to be a dancer, so they naturally need to be easier to maneuver," Rowiyl informed him, sounding a bit offended. "Their purpose determines what material I use. If you require something sturdier, I have plenty of materials. The number of joints, weight, even appearance - all is customized according to my needs."
He sat down and continued with a carving of a foot he was working on, eying the young man warily as he continued to read.

"Don't forget size!" Kiae shouted from outside the wagon, having nothing else to do at the moment than evesdrop. "You made some wonderful dolls for me in the past," she added, a bit wistfully. They hadn't been for her, but for her daughter - although Kiae had kept one or two which had remained in her room at the White Tower.  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games