Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Hello, I'm a Noob and I like Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:23 pm
Canas Renvall
*pulls out a vial of blue liquid and stabs it in the neck of the thread* biggrin

JJJp
I own and have beaten resident evil 4 and 5 i would like to join this guild to find friends who can give me tips and pointers for the game and have fun while doing it.

Here's a quick tip for RE4: Don't play it.
You're getting soft. That applies for RE5 as well.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:19 pm
RE5's getting soft? ...Oh, wait, nevermind. xd

Well, it's the true RE5 (with CVX being the true RE4)... it's got the story of the old games... got the music creepy enough that it reminds me of Silent Hill... and most of all, my beloved Progenitor. <3 ...And Lickers jumping around crazily trying to recreate the Nemesis-on-Brad scene. Shooting those things is less than easy. D:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 pm
Yeah, but... Umbrella Chronicles has T-Virus, Zombies, Lickers, Progenitor, Music, etc. It's still not worthy of being called a Resident Evil game.
RE5 has less than that. I know it's new, and you couldn't help but feel giddy like a school girl when it came out. But it's no different than RE4. Resident Evil 5, that came out on March 13, 2009, is not a true Resident Evil game anymore than RE4 is.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but... Umbrella Chronicles has T-Virus, Zombies, Lickers, Progenitor, Music, etc. It's still not worthy of being called a Resident Evil game.
RE5 has less than that. I know it's new, and you couldn't help but feel giddy like a school girl when it came out. But it's no different than RE4. Resident Evil 5, that came out on March 13, 2009, is not a true Resident Evil game anymore than RE4 is.

Well said Bio...well said... smile  

UmbraGallus

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:01 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

I finally had a chance to play RE5, and I have to say, I was surprised to find out that it did retain some of it's survival horror roots. My friend and I had a tough time dealing with the enemies because of a constant shortage of ammo and health, and the new menu system added some realism (And a whole lot of challenge) to the overall experience.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm
Can't Sheva just heal you as much as she wants?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 pm
This is why you should know what you b***h about before you do. No she can't. 3nodding

And guess what, Bio? RE5 has a one-up on RE4. Zombies. Granted, all they do is rise up and grab you on a conveyor belt so you have to get them off before you go into an incinerator, but still. Makes traversing a lot harder.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Well, I have more sense than to bother doing detailed research on something I really dislike. I already know too much about RE5. But I promise you this, I'll be isolating myself from Darkside Crapnicles more than I isolated myself from Degeneration. And that's a LOT.
And again. Like I said many times. Umbrella Chronicles has zombies, but it's still as bad if not worse than RE4. Zombies can't save RE5. At least RE4 didn't ruin characters like Chris and Jill.  

Biohazard EXTREME

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:28 am
Exactly. It's not the zombies and old BOWs that made RE what it was. It was the actual story development and the fact that you had to actually think to save your own skin. It was the characters who really made the game and their intentions and emotions. It's not the gameplay or the graphics that make the game but for Resident Evil, the gameplay is supposed to have the style of gameplay it already had from the beginning. :/  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:33 am
In Umbrella We Trust
Exactly. It's not the zombies and old BOWs that made RE what it was. It was the actual story development and the fact that you had to actually think to save your own skin. It was the characters who really made the game and their intentions and emotions. It's not the gameplay or the graphics that make the game but for Resident Evil, the gameplay is supposed to have the style of gameplay it already had from the beginning. :/

So you don't have to think to survive in RE4 and RE5?

Also, the big debate again of why can't a game change even if it's not broken or has suitable gameplay...But I already waged a huge argument/war on this before, so I'm not going to go through Vietnam again.

Also, I feel this is the right topic to finally exclaim that I have never beaten an RE game (Other then 4) on a difficulty higher then the easiest one. I tried playing 2 on normal yesterday, and I think they named it wrong. It should be called bat s**t crazy hard. I made it to the RPD on a dangerous health level and with about 10 bullets on me, just to find no relief. I mean damn, it was hard to avoid all those damn zombies at the basketball court and in front of the station. I'm going to try it again later after I beat ClaireA/LeonB on easy lulz. Though I doubt I can do it...

I want to know what difficulty setting people have beaten all the RE games on.  

King of Paradise

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:58 am
The Not So Evil Deadite
In Umbrella We Trust

Also, the big debate again of why can't a game change even if it's not broken or has suitable gameplay...But I already waged a huge argument/war on this before, so I'm not going to go through Vietnam again.

Also, I feel this is the right topic to finally exclaim that I have never beaten an RE game (Other then 4) on a difficulty higher then the easiest one. I tried playing 2 on normal yesterday, and I think they named it wrong. It should be called bat s**t crazy hard. I made it to the RPD on a dangerous health level and with about 10 bullets on me, just to find no relief. I mean damn, it was hard to avoid all those damn zombies at the basketball court and in front of the station. I'm going to try it again later after I beat ClaireA/LeonB on easy lulz. Though I doubt I can do it...

No not really. The game's are too easy. way easier that the others it's a shoot-em-up game so you technically don't need to think to shoot monsters in sight. The others games had it to where you either had to choose whether or not to kill the zombies or just avoid them to save ammo.

And i've beaten 4 on professional, and the others on normal and REmake, 3 and 0 on hard.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 am
In Umbrella We Trust
The Not So Evil Deadite
In Umbrella We Trust

No not really. The game's are too easy. way easier that the others it's a shoot-em-up game so you technically don't need to think to shoot monsters in sight. The others games had it to where you either had to choose whether or not to kill the zombies or just avoid them to save ammo.

And i've beaten 4 on professional, and the others on normal and REmake, 3 and 0 on hard.

So you don't have to think of where the advantage would be to survive being swamped by a legion of ganados? Well...That's just you then. I guess you don't see how strategy really plays out into it all, because really, every move you make to decide how to best end a fight (While not losing health, conserving ammo, ect.) is determined using thought process.

Well, while playing on the easiest difficulty setting of every RE game I have beaten, I'd say they were all about the same difficulty. Never really a challenge. While playing RE4 on Proffesional, that's where it started getting aggravating. And it seems it will hold true with RE2 on normal as well, so I'd say it's all about even. Now, time to try and tackle RE2 on Normal again...

[EDIT] I see I was wrong about Normal on RE2. It's just a trial and error thing. Now that I've attempted the streets and the RPD numerous times, I know where to navigate and how to avoid the zombies now. If this is how it will be, I will master RE2 on Normal as I have done so with RE4 on professional. Then I'll take on 3, and after that, I will be satisfied with myself lol. I never beat 0 or 1, but I don't really want to...Environment issues (I'll at least try to beat them once...). And CV, well...Once was enough ha ha. So, if I can master 2,3,4, and 5, I'll be content.  

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:09 pm
4's Professional was ridiculously easy when I first played RE4 (happy to say that memory's been nearly wiped away now though. biggrin )...

4 can go ******** a goat for all I care. 5 is actually a real progression of the series with the mixture of the new camera, limited ammo, very limited health, etc... And the Professional mode is hard as <********>. Basically one hit from anything or anyone puts you immediately in Dying state. And the meter drops like a rock. If you literally don't heal them in Dying within three seconds, you're screwed. That's what Professional should be. It keeps things nice and tense. Paired with the atmospheric music of some areas... the dimly-lit halls of a Licker lab... It's how RE4 should've been made. With the exception that if I want to play by myself, it should give a Solo option as opposed to having Sheva. Not that she's bad or anything, but I wanna see how hard it would be for... one person, Pro mode. Furking impossible. xd

Either way though, old-school RE will always, always, always > new-school RE. No ifs, ands, or buts.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:15 pm
Canas Renvall
4's Professional was ridiculously easy when I first played RE4 (happy to say that memory's been nearly wiped away now though. biggrin )...

4 can go ******** a goat for all I care. 5 is actually a real progression of the series with the mixture of the new camera, limited ammo, very limited health, etc... And the Professional mode is hard as [********]. Basically one hit from anything or anyone puts you immediately in Dying state. And the meter drops like a rock. If you literally don't heal them in Dying within three seconds, you're screwed. That's what Professional should be. It keeps things nice and tense. Paired with the atmospheric music of some areas... the dimly-lit halls of a Licker lab... It's how RE4 should've been made. With the exception that if I want to play by myself, it should give a Solo option as opposed to having Sheva. Not that she's bad or anything, but I wanna see how hard it would be for... one person, Pro mode. Furking impossible. xd

Either way though, old-school RE will always, always, always > new-school RE. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I was never arguing against that 3nodding

And I can't cast total judgment on 5 since I've only played it a little bit, but I can agree.

I dunno. I guess we just have our different challenges. I've been doing pretty good on Normal mode RE2 thus far...Nothing too challenging yet, now that I've been getting it down.  

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:22 pm
Oh no no. Was never implying that you were arguing against it. Just reinforcing the idea. 3nodding  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 75 76 77 78 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff