Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]
Crew Chatroom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Panthers7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 am
Shane-Senpai

Had0u

Reiko Zena

Narcissistic Nihilist

Bahd grammer is reel

SuperKawaiiOrpheus

Hiro Totally Has A Soul

The Lady of Nirvana

Ace is a Pirate now

Jai12321

Valentine Valtieri

S H I N I N G A C E

===================================

Hey guys! I had a question for you all. Or rather a series of proposals but I want to know the interest level of them before working on an actual concrete system. No point in spending time on something no one is interested in ^^;

Any who, here are my proposal:

P1.) The first thing I was thinking about was our chakra system. It's simple, basic, and understandable for all rpers to understand. But with some techniques, such as with Taijutsu or Bukijutsu that are not complex, should not really have a "chakra cost". But definitely, should have a "stamina cost "one. I'd be willing to create one or at least a schematic for it. This will create a lot of versatility within our rps combat wise. ^^

P2) Now this may seem like a lot of work but... hear me out on this one. After a Jinchuuriki has gained their Bijuu, they don't really... have a lot of pressure anymore. When with such a being within you, should be a constant struggle; specifically when that creature does not wish to be there. I was thinking of two things:

a) If mods actually acted as the demons. I know that sounds...crazy but think of how unique that would be for NUR in comparison to other guilds! Instead of a half-assed representation by an rper, a separate entity ( i.e another mind) playing as the bijuu will give a true representation of two entities. You may say it's a lot of work and etc. etc. But it would truly be a totally unique aspect that will be displayed for Jinchuuriki. Further more , it will make training with the demon more lethal. Especially at higher levels. Making the Jinchuuriki constantly show that they are capable of holding the demon. ( And before someone asks, no, the mod wouldn't actually be fighting with the rper . They'd essentially just act like a conscious of the user, and the combatant for when the user starts going for demon control )

b) This actually leads to my other proposal about demons. I think that for every tail, the Jinchuuriki should "fight" the demon for it. Which upon completion, gives them a greater percentage of the demon's chakra. Then upon competing the tails, maximum chakra is distributed into the Jinchuuriki's chakra pool instead of them just starting off with it. As well, again, as making being a Jinchuuriki a truly deserved title.

P3) Ranks and experience. I know that one can gain promotion, at least from what I've read, via Kage or through money. But I'm wondering if this is not too limiting? Why don't we make something of a spar? If people spar, should they not get experience towards another rank? If they battle, win or lose, shouldn't experience be made? I guess what I'm saying is two things:

a) Should we have an experience or MP (Mission Point) count? Where battles, sparring, and missions can count towards a person leveling up. Or a exp system that focuses squarey

b) (a) then leads me to this. There has always been a big division between rank and experience of a nin. A nin can be considered a Genin but through experience, age, and "life" they are considered a much higher rank. I was wondering if upon making an experience system that there also be a difference between rank and Kage. The reason for this is, I would plan on it still giving Kage's power to rank up the individual. But it doesn't give them power to restrain an individual's experience. Something that essentially doesn't make sense. How can you honestly, restrict a person's experience just by a label or title.

So essentially, a person can if even just for Rp purposes, be a Genin but b considered via experience something higher. BUT...And major BUT, they are still considered and respected as a Genin. Meaning the Kage still holds power on how they are to be respected in the village rank wise. It can open a whole plethora of interesting rp elements if we choose to include it ^-^

P4) An actual guild story. We have an arc story but we have nothing that speaks about the guild's main story. Example being like one guild has a main theme that samurai have oppressed shinobi under the Daiymo's rule and Shogun. That's the main plot and everything else stems from it; or at least until that saga starts to run it's full and complete course. But I think we should have at least a main guild storyline.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 am
Those were some good points, and this is my opinion since I'm currently just Kage crew.

1. Stamina cost is reasonable.

A. That would be interesting to have a mod act like your demon [i have a demon myself, and its boring to simply rp myself] but who would want to do that job?

B. Too difficult. Then in a battle it mostly leaves the demon useless if they have to turn and fight for every tail. They aren't necessarily on bad terms like Naruto was with the Nine tails. Bee and Hachibi never had to fight to gain the power, plus going away from canon if they are personally on a good personal level then fighting for it doesn't seem reasonable. Maybe if you haven't mastered it you can do a little verbal fight but if you have mastered it then its totally unnecessary.

P3. I think thats really awesome. I personally have had a chuunin just waiting to be promoted, but has yet to do so. (is nihilist active? the mizukage needs to be!) Experience would be great, and it would show when a person is ready for said promotion.

P4. A guild story? Maybe. Not my division.

Jai Bait

Demonic Widow

5,525 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divorced 100

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:17 am
Not going to reply to the whole thing, but I will comment on the following involving the Jinchuuriki. Along the lines of having someone else other than the RPer RP as the separate mind of the demon is an incredibly magnificent idea in my opinion, but it has the flaws. One being that the RPer would have to wait even longer to post in some occasions and it would only be looked at with disdain with a good majority of people. I have played the mind of a beast similar to a tailed demon in an old naruto-themed RP once before, playing the arrogance and the superiority style mind of Suzaku was perhaps one of my favorite times when I had RPed. Its a fun idea if you can really get into it.

As for the story, this feels like this has already been covered to a point but I believe everything else should be left to the RPers to develop on their own. I don't like following a story I do not necessarily agree with when it involves the whole world, what if YOUR kage was with said Daimyo, following said example you posted. What if YOU oppressed the Shinobi instead? What if YOU wanted to decide something else? What if YOU were to decide the fate of the land? Imagine how much more fun you can have by this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 pm
P1.) This is a bad idea in my opinion, because it makes things more complicated than they have to be. The fact that chakra is needed to do basically anything is balanced too, and if we added stamina, we'd have to limit taijutsu users ability to use chakra. Anything that adds a separate pool of energy has always been a no go to me.

P2) This could be optional. If it is then whatever.

b) The current way is fine, in my opinion.

P3) I like this.

b) I'd rather have something be balanced than realistic, so that 'experience' caps under the label of 'Chunin' or 'Jounin'.

P4) I was under the assumption that there is a guild story. Like someone above said, rp is free flowing. It's no fun if there are guidelines.  

ShiningAce

Bashful Smoker

Panthers7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:26 pm
Jai12321
Those were some good points, and this is my opinion since I'm currently just Kage crew.

1. Stamina cost is reasonable.

A. That would be interesting to have a mod act like your demon [i have a demon myself, and its boring to simply rp myself] but who would want to do that job?

B. Too difficult. Then in a battle it mostly leaves the demon useless if they have to turn and fight for every tail. They aren't necessarily on bad terms like Naruto was with the Nine tails. Bee and Hachibi never had to fight to gain the power, plus going away from canon if they are personally on a good personal level then fighting for it doesn't seem reasonable. Maybe if you haven't mastered it you can do a little verbal fight but if you have mastered it then its totally unnecessary.

P3. I think thats really awesome. I personally have had a chuunin just waiting to be promoted, but has yet to do so. (is nihilist active? the mizukage needs to be!) Experience would be great, and it would show when a person is ready for said promotion.

P4. A guild story? Maybe. Not my division.

1. Okie Doke ^-^

2a. Well like many things, I would prefer it to be done by assigned mods. The only other alternative I could think of, is there being people from the general rp populace to sign up for it. Obviously, I'd prefer the latter ^^;

2b. I agree and disagree. True that we have and are wishing to keep deviated from the Cannon but the fact still reminds that this is a demon that has been captured. I don't think any of them, innately would like to be captured. And further more utilized like some reservoir. I would assume that all, would have some form of hostility in the beginning. And need to be tamed or at least bonded with.

3. I honestly don't know. I had Rose go and speak to him but got no response for quite a while and the "office" is starting to get filled up. We definitely need the Mizukage back or at least, someone to fill in the gap. BUT... Through this proposal, I think it would make a small fix for a ruler that isn't active or temporarily inactive.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 am
Reiko Zena
Not going to reply to the whole thing, but I will comment on the following involving the Jinchuuriki. Along the lines of having someone else other than the RPer RP as the separate mind of the demon is an incredibly magnificent idea in my opinion, but it has the flaws. One being that the RPer would have to wait even longer to post in some occasions and it would only be looked at with disdain with a good majority of people. I have played the mind of a beast similar to a tailed demon in an old naruto-themed RP once before, playing the arrogance and the superiority style mind of Suzaku was perhaps one of my favorite times when I had RPed. Its a fun idea if you can really get into it.

As for the story, this feels like this has already been covered to a point but I believe everything else should be left to the RPers to develop on their own. I don't like following a story I do not necessarily agree with when it involves the whole world, what if YOUR kage was with said Daimyo, following said example you posted. What if YOU oppressed the Shinobi instead? What if YOU wanted to decide something else? What if YOU were to decide the fate of the land? Imagine how much more fun you can have by this.
Well how about we have a toll in the chatroom of the guild to see if there is even interest? Maybe then, should the interest be strong enough we can consider implementing it.

True true. I guess really, I was just wanting to see what "period" we were in. Such as, it we are not in the manga universe, how many Hokage have there been before the ones we have now, how did the nations develop. Questions like that as a "Guild Story".  

Panthers7

Panthers7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:53 am
S H I N I N G A C E
P1.) This is a bad idea in my opinion, because it makes things more complicated than they have to be. The fact that chakra is needed to do basically anything is balanced too, and if we added stamina, we'd have to limit taijutsu users ability to use chakra. Anything that adds a separate pool of energy has always been a no go to me.

P2) This could be optional. If it is then whatever.

b) The current way is fine, in my opinion.

P3) I like this.

b) I'd rather have something be balanced than realistic, so that 'experience' caps under the label of 'Chunin' or 'Jounin'.

P4) I was under the assumption that there is a guild story. Like someone above said, rp is free flowing. It's no fun if there are guidelines.

1. I disagree. To be honest, many of our styles are very old. I mean....I actually remember the creators of those styles. That's a bad thing x.x Not only that, as I stated, if the technique isn't chakra based for a Tai-Buki move, why are are the expending chakra? Even more so, just to utilize a style? If we add stamina to the mix, it takes less strain on the chakra pools and will make a more rational expenditure for doing tai-buki moves. Furthermore, it will give us a reason to look over some of these styles that are just....ancient x.x

2b. I guess so but... It just seemed far too easy for a Jinchuuriki to come into mastery of their tails. :/

P3) Could you explain more on this? ^^

4) Lol, basically the same thing I was talking to Rei about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:14 am
Thought I should give an update on what I've been doing. For the past day or so I been looking over the jutsu lists and then looked at the horrendous Snow Jutsu as a cheap knock off of Ice. So, I completely remade the damned list into something a lot more 'Snow' like and much more appealing to use while up to date to where it is actually useful. I put the old ones in spoilers, ... but imo they need to be deleted.  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

ShiningAce

Bashful Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:18 am
Reiko Zena
Thought I should give an update on what I've been doing. For the past day or so I been looking over the jutsu lists and then looked at the horrendous Snow Jutsu as a cheap knock off of Ice. So, I completely remade the damned list into something a lot more 'Snow' like and much more appealing to use while up to date to where it is actually useful. I put the old ones in spoilers, ... but imo they need to be deleted.

I agree.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:22 am
S H I N I N G A C E
Reiko Zena

I agree.

Maybe the snow sub will be used more now that it doesn't have cheap ice knock offs lol.  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

Panthers7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:59 pm
Reiko Zena
If you need a good jutsu base, there was actually a Clan...or maybe just a group of villagers, that actually used "Frost"-Snow style. Might help some ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 pm
Panthers7
Reiko Zena
If you need a good jutsu base, there was actually a Clan...or maybe just a group of villagers, that actually used "Frost"-Snow style. Might help some ^^

I already updated them.  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

Panthers7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:18 pm
Hey guys, I'm able to employ a mini-arc for Konoha until the main arc really kicks off.. Would any of you all like to play as the NPCs? I have all of the NPC's made up so all I need are people to play them ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 am
Soz...are there any developing projects that we still need to look at? I know that summons haven't been done, and I would really like that to be our first priority in cranking out. I know Mesopotamia is starting to work on them, so if anyone else would like to help out, please send him a PM.  

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Panthers7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:58 pm
Hey guys out of curioity, do we have a Genjutsu Calculator? I remember long ago there was talks about one or at least one made but I've noticed we don't really have a method to determine Genjutsu in combat offensively/defensively.  
Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff