Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JirayaHit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:01 am
Kobo-chan
JirayaHit
That girl in the end of the trailer could be Steve ^^!

Don't make me slap you !! .__. Steve was annoying as hell as I saw him the first time. *cough* Resident Evil 4. ...The only thing 'RE' about RE4 is Leon, Ada, and Wesker. Everything else wasn't. Well, other than the fact that Krauser only mentioned 'Umbrella' like once or twice, but that's it.

I believe with how RE5 is being put into play, with the setting and multiple enemies at once, I do consider using the over-the-shoulder camera angle to be better. I don't have any problems with the original camera angles from the previous RE games, but can you imagine you turn at a house's corner and the camera angle changes and next thing you know - 50 mobsters are blocking your view and you end up dying XD Well, other than that one area in Hunk's scenario in 4th Survivor. /swt

I can only say that with the bigger setting and increased number of enemies popping up at you at once, it's reasonable to use over-the-shoulder + free-aiming. In short? *catches breath* I think the over-the-shoulder camera angle is better used when settings and enemies are much much more than the previous games. ...Then again, I hope they won't make it suddenly into a FPS <_____<

@Kaworu: Ya, that's true. I played RE2 first time years ago *shudders from nightmares*. I went to 3, then remake (but never finished it). Then 0 then 4. I started to get interested with the whole Umbrella and Wesker conflict and connections between each game by 3. RE4 was alright. It was a new thing they wanted to try, but I think they didn't do so well in it ;<

Steve could be annoying but as he could see at CVX, he will come back!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:11 pm
Wesker said, MAYBE he'll come back to see Claire again. That pretty much gave Capcom the go ahead to do what they want. Steve might never come back, and since he's a crappy character, he probably won't.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:17 pm
Kaworu__Nagisa
Vash Thompson
Vankala
oO Yukiyo Oo
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME
Which is very unlikely, no matter how much Capcom screwed up with RE4.

they didnt screw up. they tryed new things and they brought new players into the RE world

And yet, It's those same players that play 4 first that find no flaws with it. Mainly 'cause it's their first game, and it seems so "Cool" at the time, They dont think of Issues that need resolving.

Well, once they decide to play the others, then they'll realize RE4's many flaws. At least, I'd like to hope that they do. sweatdrop

I doubt it. You can't go to over the shoulder camera angles, with third person aiming to, well, fixed camera angles and a very restricted aiming system.
Well, maybe there are more people like me that started off with RE4 and expanded to the rest of the series and actually noticed the many flaws in RE4 afterward.

That's exactly what I was saying.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:19 pm
They wouldn't mention it for nothing...he will be back, like a Krauser character(with some plague/virus on it) and with some brain washing background story.  

JirayaHit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:38 pm
You don't know that. Like I said, it's possible, but don't be so sure. I was positive that the blonde girl Leon had on his photograph was Sherry... Afterall, Leon searching for the girl who HE let go back in Raccoon City, would have made a lot more sense than Ms. Annoying Ashley.

Also, they really started talking a lot about the Progenitor Virus starting with REmake and then going on with RE0, so it would have made sense for RE4 to be based around Progenitor Virus, like it was first planned to be, but Capcom decided to be idiots and scrapped that good idea.

So, you never know, for all we know, the girl isn't Sherry, we'll never see Steve again and Wesker suddenly dies of a heart attack because Capcom can't write good storylines anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:59 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You don't know that. Like I said, it's possible, but don't be so sure. I was positive that the blonde girl Leon had on his photograph was Sherry... Afterall, Leon searching for the girl who HE let go back in Raccoon City, would have made a lot more sense than Ms. Annoying Ashley.

Also, they really started talking a lot about the Progenitor Virus starting with REmake and then going on with RE0, so it would have made sense for RE4 to be based around Progenitor Virus, like it was first planned to be, but Capcom decided to be idiots and scrapped that good idea.

So, you never know, for all we know, the girl isn't Sherry, we'll never see Steve again and Wesker suddenly dies of a heart attack because Capcom can't write good storylines anymore.

Nah, Wesker won't die of a heart attack, but him and Chris might have a final confrontation...

Anyway, the test tube chick won't be sherry, Capcom isn't smart enough to remember her. I'm gonna guess that she is... Rebecca! Ok, I have nothing to go on with that statement, but wouldn't it be cool if it was her?  

Celestial Fox Frenzi

BabyOil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:38 pm
Why would Rebecca be in a tube? O_o Or dye her hair....? Rebecca would also be 28 in RE5....And the girl in the tube doesn't look that old to me....*stops mindless jabbling* But yes it would be cool if it was her...I don't think Capcom is stupid enough to make Wesker die of a heart attack. And why would they make Wesker say that thing about Steve at the end of CVX if it ment nothing?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:14 pm
Yeah, its not for sure that Steve will be back, since that scene on CVX is almost an alternate ending for CV. But i just think that they made that scene cause they got some idea of how continue the story, thats why i put my vote on he coming back. Maybe he shows up at Umbrella Chronicles ^^.  

JirayaHit

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:26 pm
there is absolutely nothing wrong with RE4. ive seen new people get into the whole series myself based on that game. i agree that it didnt stick to the storyline and that leon is a little emo b***h. but other than those conditions RE4 was a good game. if it wasnt so good then it wouldnt have had so many great reviews as it did  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:37 pm
Resident_Kyo
there is absolutely nothing wrong with RE4. ive seen new people get into the whole series myself based on that game. i agree that it didnt stick to the storyline and that leon is a little emo b***h. but other than those conditions RE4 was a good game. if it wasnt so good then it wouldnt have had so many great reviews as it did

Well, you just said that Leon is an emo b***h, so that alread contradicts the "There's absolutely nothing wrong with RE4" statement.
The storyline was terrible. Yes, it was groundbreaking in terms of graphics and gameplay mechanics. And yes, that's exactly why it sold so well. But the characters, the storyline, the lack of Survival Horror aspects in RE4 are what made it unworthy of a "Resident Evil" title.
I sincerely hope that the whole bullshit buying and upgrading weapons system is abandoned in RE5.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Resident_Kyo

Well, you just said that Leon is an emo b***h, so that alread contradicts the "There's absolutely nothing wrong with RE4" statement.
The storyline was terrible. Yes, it was groundbreaking in terms of graphics and gameplay mechanics. And yes, that's exactly why it sold so well. But the characters, the storyline, the lack of Survival Horror aspects in RE4 are what made it unworthy of a "Resident Evil" title.
I sincerely hope that the whole bullshit buying and upgrading weapons system is abandoned in RE5.

i agree with everything you said exept the weapon system. i am a firm believer in storylines just like you biohazard, but the game still caught my attention by the graphics. i really dont believe that the gun upgrade system will be taken away.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:21 pm
Well it should be. It made Resident Evil from a Survival Horror into an RPG, and that's a line that RE should never have crossed. Why not give Leon a Gunblade and call him Squall, and giving him magic while we're at it? He fits the physical description.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:51 am
Yeah, it was kind of weird of RE4. I mean, I understand they wanted to see how it would turn out to have a new camera angle + free-aim-and-shoot-where-ever feautre, and it turns out the graphics and gameplay seems to be the bull's eye. I can only imagine that.... Resident Evil 5 is going to be an ACTION game, rather than horror/survivor.

Girl in Tube: Well, I would be damn surprised if the girl in the tube is at least 28. Sherry should be 22 right now, and the girl in that picture looks quite young (like Cindy being 21 since she quite resembles her). I can only hope that it is Sherry, even though there's no proof yet that Capcom said it's her - but I'm only guessing that it is because, well, they haven't mentioned Sherry at all in the past 10 years. In all, though, the girl being Sherry can be surprising as well since Chris doesn't really know her like Leon did. I can only assume that he will encounter her randomly. Ashley can't be it since she's new and annoying as hell. Steve, ... didn't he die and burn in hell in CVX? <_< I doubt it'd be one of the outbreak characters. They didn't play much of a role in the actual resident evil plot, other than being 'survivors'.

Wesker's saying of 'We got Sherry in good hands' can only make me guess that he is doing something with her. As Extreme said, too, maybe she's been injected with one of the virus (or a new one, maybe?). Also, with that last scene where she opens her eyes suddenly - I can only guess that she's gonna be a walking tyrant. Or she'll look around and scream going 'wtf where am I' or something /swt

Rebecca...? Can't be; she'll be nearly 30. Steve? No, since it's a GIRL, not a guy in the tube. Outbreak girls? No; only survivors, no big roles. Ashley? ...Don't even make me start.

Jill and Claire can be somewhat a choice, but it's kind of weird. Claire: Why would she be in the tube, and look like THAT? That's called major plastuc surgery. The same goes for Jill <___<

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:17 pm
Kobo-chan
Yeah, it was kind of weird of RE4. I mean, I understand they wanted to see how it would turn out to have a new camera angle + free-aim-and-shoot-where-ever feautre, and it turns out the graphics and gameplay seems to be the bull's eye. I can only imagine that.... Resident Evil 5 is going to be an ACTION game, rather than horror/survivor.

Girl in Tube: Well, I would be damn surprised if the girl in the tube is at least 28. Sherry should be 22 right now, and the girl in that picture looks quite young (like Cindy being 21 since she quite resembles her). I can only hope that it is Sherry, even though there's no proof yet that Capcom said it's her - but I'm only guessing that it is because, well, they haven't mentioned Sherry at all in the past 10 years. In all, though, the girl being Sherry can be surprising as well since Chris doesn't really know her like Leon did. I can only assume that he will encounter her randomly. Ashley can't be it since she's new and annoying as hell. Steve, ... didn't he die and burn in hell in CVX? <_< I doubt it'd be one of the outbreak characters. They didn't play much of a role in the actual resident evil plot, other than being 'survivors'.

Wesker's saying of 'We got Sherry in good hands' can only make me guess that he is doing something with her. As Extreme said, too, maybe she's been injected with one of the virus (or a new one, maybe?). Also, with that last scene where she opens her eyes suddenly - I can only guess that she's gonna be a walking tyrant. Or she'll look around and scream going 'wtf where am I' or something /swt

Rebecca...? Can't be; she'll be nearly 30. Steve? No, since it's a GIRL, not a guy in the tube. Outbreak girls? No; only survivors, no big roles. Ashley? ...Don't even make me start.

Jill and Claire can be somewhat a choice, but it's kind of weird. Claire: Why would she be in the tube, and look like THAT? That's called major plastuc surgery. The same goes for Jill <___<

Wesker is dating Sherry. >__> hey if Rebecca and Billy got together, then why not Wesker and Sherry...not that i would know.<__<  

UmbraGallus

La Duchesse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:56 am
In-Umbrella-We-Trust
Kobo-chan

Wesker is dating Sherry. >__> hey if Rebecca and Billy got together, then why not Wesker and Sherry...not that i would know.<__<
Why Wesker would date her? I think he has better taste than that. stare  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games