Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:45 am
Yeah, I guess it's the whole.. not-having-to-answer-to-my-parents-for-every-single-tiny-thing-I-do thing? I dunno, I think I've always been like this, just.. latently.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 am
Nah, Niphy's always been extroverted. It's something else... something beyond us. ninja xd Jokes. I just can't describe it. But if Niph is happy then it must be a good change! 3nodding  

Chibito7

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:19 pm
Niphz
Yeah, I guess it's the whole.. not-having-to-answer-to-my-parents-for-every-single-tiny-thing-I-do thing? I dunno, I think I've always been like this, just.. latently.

Well obviously if you moved out of your parents' home and lived by yourself/with a bf, you'd have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want. Go partying, get drunk, get wasted, get laid, and all sorts of crazy s**t, the possibilities are endless. But then again, as the old cliche goes, with great freedom comes great responsibility. Now that you're living by yourself, you can't depend on your parents to support you financially. I would certainly love to move out and take full control of my life, but with the current economic crisis, I think it'd be safer to live with my parents for a while longer. That way, I'm still guaranteed a job and free accomodation.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:26 pm
And the food, don't forget the food. I can't cook for s**t. stare  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:21 am
xd @ Mini's seriousness.

I can cook better than I expected. I always throw everything in and hope for the best, and somehow it comes out pretty good. 4laugh

I'm gonna be self-catered in uni. It means I'll have to spend time shopping for food and preparing meals, but I'm not fussy about plain boring home cooking, and I have to really, since I'm so picky with food outside of the home that I usually starve anyway. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Sin cannot cook.
D:
Aside from the basic foods.
Which is why she shall find a husband who can cook for her.
:D

Princess Rhode
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:18 pm
Lol what? A husband that can cook? You've got to be kidding! Good luck finding one Sin! Unless he's the son of a chef I doubt you'll find a man who'd be willing to cook for you. blaugh rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:45 pm
Elf is so old fashioned, she can find a metrosexual! That way she can half on the cost of hair products and come home to ready made meals!  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 am
talk2hand @ Mini.

Dude, get with the times and stop being so stereotypical. There are plenty of men who are willing to cook. Goodness. Maybe it's just Britain that has this concept? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 pm
I think it's just Britain. There's no way you could apply the same metrosexual man concept to Australian men. They'd probably label you a f** of something. Seriously Aussie men only know how to cook on the barbie; they'd be hopeless at cooking anything else. I guess Sin would want to find an Asian husband, as most of them, including myself, would know how to cook some traditional meals. I'd doubt she marry an Aussie man who still thinks that it's a woman's job to do all the housework.  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm
I'm sure there are new age aussie men who drink VB and are able to make a decent meal. It's not like we all live on cattle ranches in the Northern Territory.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:24 pm

Sin has aussie metrosexual male friends kthx.
talk2hand

Fine.
Sin shall marry a woman.
Happy now, Mini?
U:<

Plus.
I don't mind housework.
It's pretty simple.

It's just cooking that I can't do.

Princess Rhode
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:37 pm
*stamps foot and plants flag saying: 'MEN CAN COOK AND THEY'RE PROUD OF IT! Sign up to this over-subscribed club today!'*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Men can cook! One of my best friends, Gavin, is like amazing xD

@'elfy - That's what student loans are for! xD Besides, I'm still at uni, my parents do still zap me some money sometimes ;D

..& you're stereotyping people from your own country? rofl

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:21 pm
@Niph: Oh yeah, you live on campus. Here in Australia, most uni students rent flats or apartments close to the CBD, so they pretty much have to do everything by themselves.

And why shouldn't I stereotype people from my own country? It's not like its a racial or cultural stereotype.

@Sin: Cooking pretty much takes up 50% of all housework, so if you suck at it, then the roles will be reversed won't they? Your husband does the cooking and you do the outdoor gardening/renovating.

@CBC: Of course, there's definitely a lot of new age metrosexuals about in the inner city area. Most of them are probably generation Ys or young generation Xs. But out in the suburbs I don't think there's a lot of married men who actually do the cooking. After all, in most traditional families, husbands are still the sole breadwinners.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games