Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:28 pm
Well, curry tends to be enjoyed by Southern Chinese the most. I sometimes like curry as well, but only if it isn't too spicy. Maybe B&B's family are northerners? Northern Chinese prefer stuff like buns and roast meat.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:04 pm

Am I south?
o 3o
I don't think I'm south.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 am
I like curry! And I can make curry, out of a box, of course.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like curry, but only the fake kind you get in Indian takeaways.. I know, I know, it's awful, but shhhhh~ ninja

I see the white text nowww, t0shi >__>;;
I wish you WOULD make it big though so I can show off all my t0shi-scribbles. Including the blob. xD

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:27 am
@Mini: I'm Canto and very southern. xp

I'm the only one out of my family of four who despises curry. I hate it; hate spicy food. whee My brother and my dad love it, and mum can stomach it, but... ew. Just no.

EDIT: Btw, I think you've got southerners and northerners mixed up... 'Cause we eat sticky buns (well, they're not that sticky... they're not hot cross buns!) and roast meat (char sui, y'mean, right?), and not so much curry. I'm preeetty sure that's northerners... confused  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 pm
Whoa, you're a canto and you don't like curry?O_o It must be the effects of growing up in a western country for most of your life. Or it's a product of your genetic inheritance. Maybe you inherited your mother's dislike for curry, only it's magnified and made many times stronger. rofl rofl

I'm pretty sure I haven't got northerners and southerners mixed up. Northern Chinese tend to eat noodles, rice and other steamed foods like dim sims, whilst Southern Chinese prefer fried foods and seafood. Being close to Southeast Asia would also make them receptive to that region's cuisine, which includes curry.  

Minielf

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 pm
Or it could just be that she doesn't like curry.. confused

I think in general, the N Chinese tend to go for foods made from wheat and corn flour like buns and rolls and things more than S Chinese people.. S is definitely spicier, with the exception of places along the coast like HK and SH which seem to veer towards sweeter foods (and seafood, of course). But of course, nowadays one can eat pretty much any food anywhere.. P:  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 pm
Well, I don't think there seems to be a divide in Britain. Cantos and Mandos all eat the same sorts of foods - dim sum, seafood, roast meat, etc. Not so much curry... you don't get curry in Canto restaurants. Also, in Britain, there are many more Canto restaurants than there are Mandos - and Mandos go to our restaurants a lot; Chinese people all do. And I can officially say that London's Chinese restaurants have too high prices for crappier food. My parents say it's the water quality in London, 'cause you guys use soft water and we Mancs use hard... or it's the other way round, I think. :S But anyway, the London Chinese restaurants, unless extremely expensive, are awful compared to our locals.  

Chibito7

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Ohohoho.
Me? Pampered?
Of course. ;O

Sin tends to eat noodles, rice and other steamed foods like dim sims, as well as fried foods and seafood.
So Sin is is a Middlern Chinese? o 3 o;

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:00 pm
A lot of the stuff you find in Western country are bastardized version of the original. And the fact that people may prefer the new version is a little sad. Like pizza from Dominos or something.  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:13 am

Change of topic!

It's cold. ;_;

xD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:56 am
ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:08 am
CHARLIECHARLIECHARLIECHARLIE -tackleglomphug-

@B&B - London restaurants are lovely~ well, some of them - you have to know which to go to, really. My current fav is this one that's sort of behind the main street of Chinatown called Hong Xing~ <3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 pm
Homg Darth Charlie has returned! eek

Speaking of cold, it's almost the start of summer down here yet these past few days have felt like the middle of winter. sweatdrop  

Minielf

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:32 pm
It snowed here yesterday morning..  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games