Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 pm
Goku finding out what separates girls from guys was the best scene ever. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME
So... You're saying that Taylor Swift is better than Beyonce? Come on man, Taylor Swift is yet another typical bubble gum artist. She's the next Kelly Clarkson, which is ironic, because Clarkson was nominated too. It's the same generic bullcrap. Out of all the nominees, Beyonce was the best. Or maybe you think Britney Spears or Pink should've won?
Look, I'm not saying that Beyonce's or Kanye's music is the best. I'm just saying it was the best out of all that were nominated.
Whoa, whoa. When did I ever say Taylor Swift was better than Beyonce? You're putting words in my mouth, dude. But if you ask me, Beyonce is just another typical pop diva. Sure, she looks hott (and white too). But her music's McDonald's food, just like the rest. It's all the same generic, pre-packaged, pre-processed, easily digestable pop garbage. Just like Brittany Spears, Pink, and every other pop diva and backstreet boy. But I love how they classify her as R&B. Al Green is R&B, The 5th Dimension is R&B, The Temptations are R&B; Beyonce is NOT. I don't give a s**t who won, and don't have an opinion on who deserved the win. s**t, I don't even know who Taylor Swift is. When she was first mentioned, I thought they were talking about Stephanie Swift; that's how much I've been paying attention or giving a s**t.

Also, it's no wonder they're calling Justin Timberlake rap. Because that's what rap has turned into. And that's really ******** sad.

See: "Smack Dat" and all the other 'hip-hop' that's been coming out in recent years. Even Eminem has turned into a backstreet boy, which is ironic as ******** and funny as hell. xd  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:48 am
Well, whatever Beyonce may sing, she still has a great voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 am
Awwww, yeah.

I'll be getting my PS3 in about two weeks time.

Any recommendations for my first game? I'm thinking about getting GTAIV...

After that, when there's absolutely nothing else I want to save up for, then I'll open up a bank account and become rich I tell you...Filthy, stinking rich! But not really...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:50 am
GTA IV? Well, I'm not really a fan of the series, but either way, I've heard from fans that it wasn't as good as San Andreas. Unless you're looking for something cheap, I'm sure it's got a nice inexpensive price tag on it.
But if you want real quality gaming that the PS3 was built for... If you could somehow bare to wait a couple more weeks and get it on or after October 13th, you'd be getting it just in time for Uncharted 2, now THERE'S a piece of art if it's a game.
That, or you could always get Metal Gear Solid 4. That was like, the one Metal Gear game that, even people who never played Metal Gear, ended up playing and loving. And since it's a greatest hit, it's around $30, so the price tag is reasonable, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:27 am
Biohazard EXTREME
GTA IV? Well, I'm not really a fan of the series, but either way, I've heard from fans that it wasn't as good as San Andreas. Unless you're looking for something cheap, I'm sure it's got a nice inexpensive price tag on it.
But if you want real quality gaming that the PS3 was built for... If you could somehow bare to wait a couple more weeks and get it on or after October 13th, you'd be getting it just in time for Uncharted 2, now THERE'S a piece of art if it's a game.
That, or you could always get Metal Gear Solid 4. That was like, the one Metal Gear game that, even people who never played Metal Gear, ended up playing and loving. And since it's a greatest hit, it's around $30, so the price tag is reasonable, too.

GTA has always been a pick up and just have fun with it series, and from the massive praise IV has been given, It sounds like it is a real qaulity game. It also sounds like Uncharted 2 also qualifies, but I should play the original first, no? Metal Gear Solid 4 is a must have, but not right away...I have to re-play Twin Snakes and then play 2 and 3 before getting that...

At the moment, it seems like a three way tie between GTAIV, Uncharted, and Batman: Arkham Asylum...

Convince me, why Uncharted over GTAIV?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:26 pm
Well, I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I have not played GTAIV. But I did play and love the previous three, and from what I heard about 4, it's somewhat linear and kinda tends to push you into the storyline, which wasn't that great anyway. But that's just my friends talking.

Now, here's the thing about Uncharted... You're getting a PS3, so first of all... It's an exclusive. Only awesome people with PS3s, and their friends get to play it, that's how exclusive it is. >_>
Seriously though... For you... Being a film maker and all, you should love Uncharted. The storyline, the writing, the acting (and not just voice acting, but the characters' facial expessions and gestures) are like... It doesn't get much better than that when it comes to games.
The gameplay is just fun. There's not a dull moment. Like, I dunno if you ever played Tomb Raider, but it encompasses TRish climbing mechanics, and combines them with like, some of the best shooting mechanics ever. Some people compare it to Gears of War, again, I can't speak on what I haven't played. But it's very fun.
The graphics... Oh god... Imagine you're actually in the jungle, and you reach a mountain or something, and you can't help but stop to look out into the vast distance, just because of how pretty it is.
This game does that, I found myself stopping all too often to just examine the beautiful surroundings.
The music is some of the best I've heard in a game. I dunno if you're a big fan of Firefly or not, but they got Firefly's composer to score Uncharted. And it sounds amazing.
It's just a big ride. A big, fun, beautiful, cinematic ride. And from what I've seen in the sequel, it only gets better. I mean, you could get GTA. But considering that the second Uncharted game's release is imminent, you might as well just get Uncharted 1, that way when you get the money for Uncharted 2, you'll be ready. Otherwise, if you get GTA, when you're done with that, you'll get MGS4, after that maybe you'll pick up Uncharted, and maybe something else awesome comes out, and you might miss out on Uncharted altogether, the way I missed out on games like Ratchet and Clank which I only decided to get into like 6 years after its original release.

But heck, even among non-exclusives, I prefer Fallout 3 to any GTA game.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:00 am
Whatever you do, don't download Turtles in Time Re-shelled.  

Thee Stranger

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:20 pm
If you don't mind, I'm going to bring GTA IV up, since Bio hasn't played it.

Though it does have a more linear story than the previous games, the story by itself is great, but that is also just my opinion.
The voice acting for it fits perfectly with the surroundings, and the gestures the characters give, though it feels bland at times, at others it portray's their emotions perfectly.
The graphics, though you won't be dealing with stunning mountain ranges, or any of that, they are a massive improvement over every other GTA game.
But with the nice graphics and the realism, they take away most of what made the past GTA games fun. There aren't really any mindless destructive activities like the old games. But if that's all you're looking for, go for Saints Row 2.
Now, personally, I wouldn't get GTA IV for the PS3, because they aren't adding the extra content to it. Or are they? I'm not sure, but the extra content, The Lost and The Damned, and The Ballad Of Gay Tony, would add an extra 20 or so hours of gameplay, with more mindless activities than the basic game.

Keep in mind I haven't played Uncharted.

But it depends on what you're looking for in a game. Countless time while playing GTA IV, i'd just grab a car and go driving around. It's somehow relaxing just to do that.

But yeah, that's all I'm going to say about that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 pm
Now, to be honest... Considering that the Downloadable content is filled with p***s, I wouldn't get it if I could. If I had the game.

Also, just for the record, I forgot to mention the animations in Uncharted. Best ever. Period. Like, this game has so many animations, like... If you're running through the jungle, he'd be jogging lightly. But if you're in a fire fight, then he's gonna run a lot more frantically, more chase like. Everything is so fluid, the animations don't just transition from state to state, they made them flow into each other so seamlessly. Like, honestly, if there's stuff like polygon count and texture size, and to upsize that would give you next gen visuals... Then this is one of the only games that gives you next gen animations. As much as I love certain games, (like MGS4). Compared to Uncharted, pretty much every other game I could think of, has relatively very unsophisticated animations.

But yeah, it depends on what you want. Eastern Promises or Indiana Jones (the good classic ones, not the new crappy one).  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:39 pm
For the record, the p***s was in The Lost and The Damned opening cutscene. It was there for a few seconds and then as far as I remember, there was no other scene showing a p***s.
That's just what happens when you don't play something for yourself, though, you end up believing what others say. Hell, this little scene is alot better than what you see watching Bruno.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:50 pm
Well, I'm sorry for assuming... But what else am I supposed to think when the new chapter is called "The Ballad of Gay Tony"?

And no, I didn't bother with Bruno.

Honestly, though, watching GTAIV previews, I didn't find it interesting. Aside from the graphics update, it looks like GTA, more of the same, to me. You run around a big city, steal cars, kill civilians and run away from cops. You start off as a lackey, end up being betrayed by people who you work for and end up being a big mob boss at the end, am I right?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm
The DS one was pretty sweet with all the hotwiring and Drug Wars touchscreen mini games and s**t. It breathed some fresh air into a series (and genre) that has become pretty stale if you ask me. So I guess I share Bio's sentiment on that one. But if you never got sick of GTA, and want more, I see no reason you should pass GTAIV up. Give Uncharted a shot too.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:59 pm
Yeah, well, I'm sure EVENTUALLY, he'll get both... But he needs to choose one as his first game. And I say let it be Uncharted.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm
I agree, definitely go with Uncharted.

Then again, that's just me not liking GTA in the first place, but I did really enjoy Uncharted (I'm playing it right now xd ). If you had to choose between the two, the presentation, action, and story of Uncharted are incredible. I can't wait for Uncharted 2.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games