Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Yeap. Presentation, Action, Story, Acting, Animation, Graphics, uncharted has it all. Just because it doesn't push any boundaries in terms of violence, language, or subject matter, doesn't make it any less amazing. Although, for a T rated game, that IS pushing boundaries. Considering the headcount, amound of blood, and language in Uncharted, I'm kinda surprised it was rated T.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:25 pm

*glomps angela.* your avi is so cute!

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:32 am

Okay. You guys convinced me. I'll pick up Uncharted first.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:28 pm

You won't regret it. In fact, you're luckier than me. I had to wait two freakin years for the sequel. You're fresh to Uncharted, and when you have the money, or are ready to pick up the sequel, you can. I've been ready and waiting for a long time.

Although, you know, the sequel looks a bit intimidating to me. I dunno how much they revised the gameplay of it, or how much crazy action there is in it (although from the looks of it, it's like, triple the action of Uncharted 1), it's kinda scary. Like, I'll have to up my game for this game.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I'm sorry for assuming... But what else am I supposed to think when the new chapter is called "The Ballad of Gay Tony"?

And no, I didn't bother with Bruno.

Honestly, though, watching GTAIV previews, I didn't find it interesting. Aside from the graphics update, it looks like GTA, more of the same, to me. You run around a big city, steal cars, kill civilians and run away from cops. You start off as a lackey, end up being betrayed by people who you work for and end up being a big mob boss at the end, am I right?

That is true, but things can be gay and not show p***s. But I don't know.

Actually Bio, the end result is different for this game. You don't actually become a mob boss/ gang leader/ drug dealer... Though mostly everything else is true.

Oh well, no point in starting any type of arguing on it. All I'm gonna add back to it, is that wait til GTA IV drops in price and you're finished with all other games. Or until GTA V comes out.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Uncharted seriously looks awesome and it's on my list if I do end up getting my PS3 for Christmas. Along with 10th Anniversary Fight Club Bluray.

I went ahead and bought GTA IV on the first day. I'm a big fan I guess, GTA IV looked like a huge leap ahead. I regret not waiting for the price to drop but I don't regret buying it. The story was much better than any of the others. It's fun still on occasion, even if I haven't picked up the expansions.

Mr. Kennedy

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:22 pm

This is continuing from the "Got a minute?" thread.

So, I define "true fan" as something else.

Casual Fan: Basically as Bio described it. Someone who fawns over RE4 onward, and only RE4 onward.

Hardcore Fan: What Bio calls a true fan. Polar opposite of new-school RE, condemning anything that isn't old-school RE (not that it's a bad thing in most cases, especially since RE4... sucked.)

True Fan: Someone who finds middle ground. I think I'd put myself in this category. You won't see me praising RE4, but it had good gameplay mechanics, they just were in the wrong game. Still, it got stale and I just got bored with it after a while.

RE5, however, I do enjoy. Capcom put in some love to the old-school fans with the Umbrella-centered story, the huge amount of files regarding the birth of the T-Virus. This is about where Bio and I split.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Okay... For a second. Let's pretend that RE4 never happened. And that Jill didn't fight you with Kung Fu kicks in RE5. And that Wesker didn't turn into a monster and fall into a volcano. And none of that retardedness happened...

Now, you say, they give you a huge amount of files regarding the birth of the T-Virus... Why is that a good thing? This goes back to FF7, and that whole talk about handing people things on a silver platter.
What was cool about Wesker? What was cool about Spencer? What was cool about T-Virus? The mystery!

Before RE5 was even announced, I said, "Spencer hsould never ever be shown. His whole appearance should remain a mystery."

Honestly. After playing RE0, T-Virus already dropped like, 30% in coolness. I mean, before, T-Virus was T-Virus. Umbrella engineered it, William Birkin was in charge. That's it.
Now, apparently it started with some other virus, and then... LEECHES were involved? That's just dumb. But whatever, I let it go. (Mind you, this was before I started hating RE4, so I was a bit of a fanboy at the time.)

Then UC comes out, and they give us every little detail about Wesker, his favorite movie, book, food, etc. Ruined Wesker.

RE5 showed Spencer, one of the most mysterious enigmas in the entire Resident Evil franchise. A crippled old grandpa in a wheelchair. Yup, that's menacing.

What I'm saying is, certain things should remain a mystery. Otherwise they're not cool. I mean, look at HUNK. He'd have zero appeal if we knew his backstory.

You know, it was probably inevitable, though. After Code Veronica, the smart thing to do would've been to make one more game, which concluded the series. Instead they said, "Let's explain everything about everything because people are too dumb to use their imaginations."
I do remember overhearing that Progenitor virus came from a plant? Meaning, T-Virus originated in a plant. How is that cool?

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm still for Wesker becoming that monster. He got the power he wanted and it ******** him over. Specifically in the face. With rockets. I'm just glad he's dead, Resident Evil can end on a decent note.

I hope that was sarcasm. The whole thing about learning Wesker's favorite movie and such. sweatdrop

I liked Resident Evil 0 and the slight origin story. The leeches was a little off but it just added more to the series' story. I understand what you mean by mystery. I'm really on the fence with the Spencer thing. On one side you finally see the man behind it all. A crippled, broken man with dreams of... Not being a crippled, broken man. I could see that, him creating Umbrella and the viruses and all. Yet, my vision of Spencer was much better haha. About using our imaginations... I'm on the fence with that too. I just don't know, I enjoyed RE5 and the exploration into Umbrella's past. Yet...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Wesker should never have transformed. The last thing Resident Evil ever needed were intelligent monsters. Look at Birkin. He transformed into something that had virtually no intelligence, no memory, it operated pretty much on instinct, and mutated chaotically. That was cool.
Alexia was probably intelligent, but, again, I'm not crazy about Alexia's transformation at all. In fact, RE hasn't had a cool final boss since Code Veronica(Excluding Outbreaks) And that's pretty sad. Marcus, Morpheus, Alexia, Sergei, I'm not even gonna mention RE4... RE hasn't had a decent final boss since the year 2000. The last cool final boss that RE had was Nemesis. That's kinda sad, actually. Remake doesn't count, since it's the same boss from RE1.

But either way, dude, whether Wesker transformed, or not, lived or died... RE cannot end on a decent note. It's impossible at this point.

As for T-Virus... In Wesker's Report 2, he mentioned combining Progenitor virus with Ebola to make T-Virus. THAT idea would've actually been pretty cool. I don't understand why the hell they brought it up, and then dumped it the next year.
Leeches might make a pretty cool enemy in terms of having these slimy things crawling all over you. But to make them the object of T-Virus' creation was just lame.

The thing is, Wesker's Report 2 was actually fine. It talked about Umbrella's past, it talked about T-Virus. Just enough to satisfy, but not enough to ruin it... There was absolutely no need to go past that in terms of revealing its origins. Or Wesker's origins. I was exaggerating about the favorite movie, but either way, Umbrella Chronicles ruined the mystery behind Wesker. It showed where he was during RE2 (sitting comfortably in some office)... It showed how he got out of the Spencer mansion. It showed everything. And while it did, he was talking to himself like a douchebag. So, not only what they did was bad, but the WAY they did it as well. Introducing.. RETCONNING yet another douchebag to the cast of ruined characters, too. Sergei was the worst RE character since Salazar.

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
You won't regret it. In fact, you're luckier than me. I had to wait two freakin years for the sequel. You're fresh to Uncharted, and when you have the money, or are ready to pick up the sequel, you can. I've been ready and waiting for a long time.

Although, you know, the sequel looks a bit intimidating to me. I dunno how much they revised the gameplay of it, or how much crazy action there is in it (although from the looks of it, it's like, triple the action of Uncharted 1), it's kinda scary. Like, I'll have to up my game for this game.

That's the unfortunate thing about sequels. I've been waiting forever for Guild Wars 2 to come out @_@
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Canas Renvall
This is continuing from the "Got a minute?" thread.

So, I define "true fan" as something else.

Casual Fan: Basically as Bio described it. Someone who fawns over RE4 onward, and only RE4 onward.

Hardcore Fan: What Bio calls a true fan. Polar opposite of new-school RE, condemning anything that isn't old-school RE (not that it's a bad thing in most cases, especially since RE4... sucked.)

True Fan: Someone who finds middle ground. I think I'd put myself in this category. You won't see me praising RE4, but it had good gameplay mechanics, they just were in the wrong game. Still, it got stale and I just got bored with it after a while.

RE5, however, I do enjoy. Capcom put in some love to the old-school fans with the Umbrella-centered story, the huge amount of files regarding the birth of the T-Virus. This is about where Bio and I split.

God I hate it when theres multiple definitions for stuff. In this point I don't even care anymore. I consider myself a damn good fan because I consider all the games whether they're good or not. And I love my favorite characters regardless of them getting cooked in lava T____T *snuggles crispy wesker* But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in here that enjoys RE 5.

You know the thing I think that game has most going for it? Is its multiplayer capabilities not only online versus mode, but in regular gameplay. I think that's freaking awesome. And when you play solo, the AI for your partner is pretty damn good considering. Ignoring what the game is about and just looking at the mechanics of the game and the graphics.......oh man its gasmatic for me and its so beautifully put together from texture to lighting.

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Actually I have a question for all of you now. Do any of the games even HINT at who started the Wesker Children project? I keep hearing about this Alex Wesker who supposedly started the project and named all the children with the surname Wesker....

Or was it Spencer that started the project? Other people kept saying how Albert Wesker is a clone and I was like......."what? Did you not pay attention to what the documents and cutscenes said in the fifth game?" I know he's not a clone.

Sorry its just with all the DETAILED information in the entire series about Wesker or the Wesker children, its hard to keep it all straight.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Dead Space had great graphics, solid gameplay mechanics, all that good stuff. Great backstory, I was so hyped up about it. But playing it, I got so bored. The whole game felt like a major grind. It had no heart. It was like it was made by robots.
Which proves that gameplay and graphics are not ALL that makes a great game.

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm

I agree. Dead Space just wasn't moody enough. Or it was... But there was something off about it. Boring you could ******** Sergei. I never played UC and I only seen a few cinematics of him but ******** him. Ridiculous component of UC. Don't ******** with the past. If you do, don't make it idiotic.

The Wesker Children thing still confuses me.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games