Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, when I played that game, I was a total manwhore. So I dated everyone! Especially Mitsuru though.. Cause... Well, you know. Tara platt and all. B)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:55 pm

I might check out the PSP port of it when it's released. I'd rather play as a girl than some emo kid any day. xp

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:57 pm

He was a cool guy with an unfortunate haircut. Leave the poor martyr alone. Besides, playing as a girl, you can't exactly date Chihiro, can you?

I can't wait to pick up Persona 1 for PSP tomorrow!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 pm

I forgot it was coming out so soon! D;

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:07 pm

It came out today. Of course, since I'm in Canada and the 1980s didn't get her until 1993... I'll have to pick up Persona tomorrow.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 pm

its too bad PC games can't be rentable like console games cuz from hearing both viewpoints from you guys about it, now I'm starting to wonder if its really worth buying lol. usually gamespot.com gives pretty good reviews on games. there are other games I want anyway so I'll probably just skip Dead Space. I still want F.E.A.R. 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Silent Hill Homecoming, Guild Wars 2 (still not out)...and I think a few others.

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Is there a demo version you could obtain anywhere? I know the PlayStation network has the demo for Dead Space. Which I really should've checked out, before buying it.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 pm

You could technically "try out" pc games, but not in a legal sense.

It's a shame, trying before buying is always a smart thing to do.

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Yeah, I do way too many purchases of faith. More often than not I think the game is good, but then end up not beating it anyway. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:32 pm

What type of RPG is Persona exactly? And is it very connected? Like, do I need to play them in sequential order to understand what the hell would be going on in 4?

Nearing the end of FFVII...Sort of. I plan on tackling all the sidequests, so...I don't know how long it's going to take to raise a gold chocobo, defeat all the weapons, Get all final limits and weapons, do Wutai, ect. Since I don't need to concentrate on the story at this point, I think I'll start on a different RPG...And I have too many to choose from...But, it couldn't hurt to know what Persona is like either...

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Well... Umm..... It's kinda like.... Pokemon for adults, but with a serious storyline (though hilarious dialogue), and an aspect of dating sims in it too. Which builds your social links, which allows you to obtain new Personas (which are the monsters that you get your power from). The dungeons are randomly generated, and the combat is turn based, but quick paced.
And no, you don't need to play them sequentially, although they do all happen in the same universe, they all involve different characters, different antagonists.. They just kinda briefly mention each other, but that's mostly like, easter eggs. The only thing that connects all of them is this central character named Igor, who's kinda like the overseer of the... Umm... The alternate universe which is comprised of the collective human subconscious... I guess you could say...
But I suggest starting with Persona 3 and then moving onto 4. It just feels more right that way. But if you only ever plan to play one Persona game, might as well go for 4, since there's more stuff to do.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Well... Umm..... It's kinda like.... Pokemon for adults, but with a serious storyline (though hilarious dialogue), and an aspect of dating sims in it too. Which builds your social links, which allows you to obtain new Personas (which are the monsters that you get your power from). The dungeons are randomly generated, and the combat is turn based, but quick paced.
And no, you don't need to play them sequentially, although they do all happen in the same universe, they all involve different characters, different antagonists.. They just kinda briefly mention each other, but that's mostly like, easter eggs. The only thing that connects all of them is this central character named Igor, who's kinda like the overseer of the... Umm... The alternate universe which is comprised of the collective human subconscious... I guess you could say...
But I suggest starting with Persona 3 and then moving onto 4. It just feels more right that way. But if you only ever plan to play one Persona game, might as well go for 4, since there's more stuff to do.

Thanks for the rundown, but I was immediately turn offed by the randomly generated dungeons aspect...I dislike those types of RPGs...And I'm not willing to make a sacrfice for even the best of stories...

So, what are some of your favorite RPGs out there?

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Persona 3 and 4 are my two favorite RPGs ever. They left FF7 and FF8 behind in the dust by a long shot.
Another good one was Shadow Hearts Covenant, though good luck finding that at a decent price.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:59 pm

I wish I had that game again so bad. crying

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Persona 3 and 4 are my two favorite RPGs ever. They left FF7 and FF8 behind in the dust by a long shot.
Another good one was Shadow Hearts Covenant, though good luck finding that at a decent price.

Oh, really? Everyone has thier favorite aspects. Which is why I moved past FFVII and VIII as well...Those two games are special for me because they were my very first RPG experiences, and the games that got me hooked onto RPGs in the first place...So it's hard to just toss them aside, but I also found RPGs I enjoy way more then them...

...It's been hard to give up FFVII, since I decided against placing it on my exempt list.

After doing more research, I'm getting pretty psyched for Uncharted

EDIT: Oh, and Shadow Hearts Covenant? Doesn't ring a bell...Lemme check it out on wikipedia lol.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games