Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]: Fundraisers
The MADG Charity Art Auction [ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugrie

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:38 pm
Like, seriously. When is this thing starting? o_o  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 pm
Oh, can I join?? smile My friend and I (Sharima) are good a drawing...can we join? Please? biggrin  

Jupiter_Makoto_Kino

general glamour

Gracious Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:58 pm
me thinks that we should move this in the main forum and get it started next weekend, or whenever most people will be online. Depending on how many people are in this thing, we could PM everyone with the date and time of the auction. I could help with whatever you need me to do, also. That's just mai opinion......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 am

well... Duckie said she wouldn't be able to be online much because of school
so maybe one of the mods could host it?
this needs to be revived and done ^3^

Dictator STD

Totaku Chuuei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:23 am
I will put my art on the line (as I promised when signing up) Still one thng though, we will only be telling the bidders what they are getting? And then they get it, or do we submit the art to you first?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 am
Alright..

I don't know if this happened yet,
or if you guys never got around to it,
but I really loved the idea.

Considering it was four months ago that it was posted,
maybe it just died?

But I really loved the idea,
and I'd gladly participate in it,
if you're still doing it.
<3

And if nobody has time or anything and you need help,
I'll gladly set up all the pages and make banners, if needed.

I apologize if it already happened, just trying to help.
<3

User Image

Kaiiya Devaro

femmefataleternal

Indulgent Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm
In perfect love, in perfect trust.

*whispering*
I'm in..

User ImageUser Image

Merry ye meet, and merry ye part.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:18 am
uhu just drawn something and now Im finishing it in gimp hehe  

Score-IT

bountyfett

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:29 pm
how do these auctions work cuz i can draw but i dont know how to show you guys it though crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:22 pm
well Im gettin the right photo off my camera to my computer and if this auction has already happened well then ill wait till the next one or you can do anything you want with this photo (just PLEASE don't draw on the photo itself becouse i found this photo in my church and drew it and colored it )(and yes i am very good biggrin )  

bountyfett

RadicalToxic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is from an avatar i saw a long time ago and wanted to make more advanced :] hope u like i worked hard on it!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 pm
Welcome to Gaia! :: The MADG Charity Art Auction [ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME!]Gaia Home87,197 Gaians Online Launch the World Map
Doomed darkmandro ( Logout) Cash: 0 Gold: 321 Need Gold? Post, Vote, or Explore to earn gold! Shortcuts(0)
Home My Gaia Avatar

House

Journal

Car

bountyfett
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:22 pm

well Im gettin the right photo off my camera to my computer and if this auction has already happened well then ill wait till the next one or you can do anything you want with this photo (just PLEASE don't draw on the photo itself becouse i found this photo in my church and drew it and colored it )(and yes i am very good )

bountyfett
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:29 pm

how do these auctions work cuz i can draw but i dont know how to show you guys it though

Score-IT
Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:18 am

uhu just drawn something and now Im finishing it in gimp hehe

femmefataleternal
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm

In perfect love, in perfect trust.

*whispering*
I'm in..

Merry ye meet, and merry ye part.

Kaiiya Devaro
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 am

Alright..

I don't know if this happened yet,
or if you guys never got around to it,
but I really loved the idea.

Considering it was four months ago that it was posted,
maybe it just died?

But I really loved the idea,
and I'd gladly participate in it,
if you're still doing it.
<3

And if nobody has time or anything and you need help,
I'll gladly set up all the pages and make banners, if needed.

I apologize if it already happened, just trying to help.
<3

Totaku Chuuei
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:23 am

I will put my art on the line (as I promised when signing up) Still one thng though, we will only be telling the bidders what they are getting? And then they get it, or do we submit the art to you first?

Dictator STD
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 am

well... Duckie said she wouldn't be able to be online much because of school
so maybe one of the mods could host it?
this needs to be revived and done ^3^

PinkLuvy
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:58 pm

me thinks that we should move this in the main forum and get it started next weekend, or whenever most people will be online. Depending on how many people are in this thing, we could PM everyone with the date and time of the auction. I could help with whatever you need me to do, also. That's just mai opinion......

Jupiter_Makoto_Kino
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Oh, can I join?? My friend and I (Sharima) are good a drawing...can we join? Please?

Sugrie
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Like, seriously. When is this thing starting? o_o

foreverforsaken
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Just a few questions:

When will this auction offically start? And are we each going to have our own personal post, or are you just going to go through the thread, PM every one about their ABs and post that info in the auction thread yourself?

Because school started, and everythings 10 times more difficult so I don't have as much time to come on gaia everyday. I don't want to miss out on the auction because I wasn't on the day to post my art info or whatnot. I can still do the auction since I can draw in school, and color during the weekends.

ZeroChaos88
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 pm

bump

Mint Tea Leaf
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:37 pm

I'm in!
;DD

Guilds

Subscribed Threads

Mail

Friends

Quests

Gaia Toolbar

Account

World World Map

Towns

Cinemas

Mini Comic

Shops

VJ

Sponsored Worlds
Virtual Hollywood

Kung Fu Panda

Community Forums
Forum Index

My Posts

My Latest Topics

My Thread Subscriptions

Guilds

Arenas
Art Arena

Housing Arena

New Arenas (beta)

Going Postal

Search

Find Friends

Market Shops

Gaia Cash Shop

Trade

Marketplace

Games Jigsaw

Rally

Slots

Cards

Word Bump

Fishing
Bass'ken Lake

Durem Reclamation Facility

Port of Gambino

Pinball

News & Events Mischief Makers

Gaia Newsroom

Gaia Events

Convention Tour

Gaia Store Gaia Merchandise

Monthly Collectibles

Gaia Gold

Gaia Cash
Purchase Online

Redeem a Pin

Redeem History

Learn More

Mobile Downloads

My Orders

[MADG] Mil-A-Day Giveaway Hangout - Kick back, relax, and enjoy the occasional contest for items/gold!
Forum

[MADG]: Fundraisers

The MADG Charity Art Auction [ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [ยป|]

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:28 pm

Secret Duckie

Okay. So I got this idea a few days ago to have a charity art auction to get some funds for the MADG.

I've been working with Noi and Nor to get this at least a little bit planned out.

ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE WELCOME. EVEN IF YOU CAN ONLY MAKE SCRIBBLE STICK FIGURES!!
<3

This thread is for signing up for the auction. If you wish to be a part of it, then just post that you're interested, some samples [just for the banners, since you won't be turned down no matter what], and stay tuned, since I'm going to be posting a form to fill out for your profile.

The auction will be held in R&C Auctions forum [under minishops] located here.
If you don't want to click the link [believe me, I don't trust links very often, either] you can find it by going to the Minishops forum > Requests and Commissions subforum > R & C Auctions sub-subforum.

Please note that this auction is completely charitable. You will not receive any profits. All of the profits earned go straight into the MADG contest fund.
You could always win it back later!
And if you aren't joining and are interested in bidding later, feel free, because there's gonna be some pretty kickass art there. xDD

So please join for the sake of the MADG! <3

This thread will be opened for a month to get as many people as we can. Please note that it's only a thread for gathering info for the auction, not the actual auction itself.

Secret Duckie Wrote:
c o s p l a y b o i Wrote:
I know I'll sound stupid by saying this...but I've never understood how art auctions work. >___>;;
-dork-

I will be making a mule account to be the auction holder. When the auction begins, I will post your profiles that you'll make and all of the samples in the thread.

Now. What you give depends on how many people, and how much we get.
Obviously, if we have a lot of people, I'm gonna start the Starting Bid pretty high [reasonable, though] and people will bid that or more.

When the auction is over [meaning time ran out or our Auto Buy was met] the person who won will get the art that you said you'd make.

Example 1: Say someone bids 2 million gold for 20 artist's work, and wins. Also say I'm a person who's art was stick figures, so I said 1 mil+ I would make a 3 manga pages of stick figures, and one fullbody avatar art. [Not that this is necessarily what you offer. You offer what you think fits the price best.] So I make him all of this art, plus he get's the art that all the other artists said they would make, as well.

Example 2: Say someone bids 4 million gold for 20 artists work, and wins. Also say that myself, as well as most of the other artists are pretty good at art, so I said at 4 Mil+ I would draw them a Couple Fullbody and one normal Fullbody. So I make that art that I offered, and he gets all the other art from the other people, too.

You offer what you think the fitting amount would be. Like, if it were a normal auction, you would split the 4 Million gold 20 times, and you'd be getting 200k. So you make what you think would be fitting for that amount of gold from you, depending on how much your art is worth.

Auctions are good, because you get more than you would normally get.

Think about it. One person is paying 4 Million gold for at least 20 different pieces of art. They profit from that because that's REALLY cheap, and I profit off of that because I'd be getting 200k for a couple pieces of art that would normally equal out to less than 100k.

In this occurance, they will bid, but we won't get the gold. The gold will go into the contest fund.

The more people that are in it, the more money we get, and the less each of us will need to draw.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:29 pm

Reserved.  

Doomed darkmandro

Doomed darkmandro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:40 pm
wow i copy and pasted lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:14 pm
I'm In biggrin

I draw with my mouse might take a good 30 min, but I can do it. Here are a couple of example.

::My Arts::
User Image
User Image 3nodding  

XI Drake IX

[MADG]: Fundraisers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items