Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Coolgab1219

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:09 pm
Hello everyone! biggrin

I'm Coolgab1219. You can call me that, or my real name, Grant, if you'd rather. I love to read and write. My favorite genres include mystery and fantasy, especially vampire and wizard subjects.

I'm writing a story at the moment which has yet to be named. It's about a changing vampire and the trouble he goes through while changing, and the eventual revelation of the head evil vampire's identity.

ninja

I love constructive criticism, and don't take offense easily. Likewise, I might be blunt when commenting on other's work, but I'm not trying to be rude. Realistic, more like.

If you want to talk to me, feel free to PM me about anything! I don't bite!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:40 pm
Hello, nice to meet everyone. I'm Mandy and I absolutely love to write fiction stories. Currently, I'm working on a fictional story about Esmerelda's journey to, "The Gate of Rapscallion" and the adventures she embarks on. I'm not quite sure of the title yet, but i usually decide that last 3nodding  

Atomic Rock

Shirtless Sophomore

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kurikatsu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm
Hey there, the name's Kurikatsu (well not really, but you get the idea), and I thought I might as well try and get active in this guild. I don't really frequent any other guild and seeing as I love writing and reading I might as well post a few comments here and there. I'm a university student majoring in English, and am currently (trying) writing a book. If I can be of any help to anyone then feel free to pm me, or just chat with me here in the guild. That's my very short introduction, so hope you enjoyed it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:05 am
Hello! My pen name is Kimberly Stone! Sorry that I can't come up with a better last name! Anyway, I'm a passionate writer, even if I may not be good enough to make it a career... I also LOVE to read! I am currently in love with the Inkworld trilogy! It's a fantasy, and that's just what I like! I read fantasy, I write fantasy! Nothing could be better! I'm almost always hyper! (To those who are lax: you might want to stay away from me) In any case... HI!!!!

--Kimberly  

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50

Double Helix Felix

Dangerous Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 am
Hey! I'm not really a new member, but I haven't posted before yesterday, so I decided that a proper introduction was long overdue.

I'm Double Helix Felix, but you can call me Fee, Felix, Lexxie, Lex, etc. Anything you can come up with is fine. biggrin

Uhm...I was invited by penandpaper, but for the life of me I don't know why. I don't recall seeing her before the invitation so...mystery there. Anyway, now that I've started posting I'll try to post more. Don't want to get banned afterall~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:22 pm
Hello There! My name is Angelic Humor, but you can call me Angelic or Angelic Humor, I don't mind. I was invited to this guild when I first joined Gaia, and I guess I forgot about this guild. ^.^ I really like to read and write. My favorite genres are Romance, and Mystery.
So I thought it was time for me to introduce myself, because I certainly don't want to get banned!

Angelic Humor

mistyscooby

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:57 pm
I need another bookshelf, but my parents won't get me one lol! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:08 pm
Hi, I'm Dragongirl187... also known as the assassin. (Maybe you could tell by the sword.) I just joined, at my friend's recommendation.

I love to read (obviously), especially fantasy books (anything by Stephenie Meyer, Anne Bishop, Tamora Pierce, Libba Bray... you get the picture). I also love writing, although I have yet to finish the novel and short stories I'm working on.

I own a lot of books. I have filled up my bookshelf, the random top shelf of my closet, and had to have my dad build a couple more shelves for my wall. I hope they'll last until I graduate from high school in two years...

So, yeah, hi... comment on my profile or PM me if you think I'm interesting - I don't get to talk to enough people on here.

dragongirl187

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:41 am
I'm Cai and I'm an avid reader. I used to write a lot, as well, but now I have an eight month old that takes up the majority of my energy and time, so the only writing I get around to is whatever I yammer about in my journal. I am considering journalism as a career, though.

Basically, I joined this guild because I'm always hunting for new books to devour. smile

I'm big into true crime, biographies, classics, psychological thrillers, and...well, practically everything. Once I start a book, I can't leave it unfinished, even if I despise everything about it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 am
Hello I'm Mary or Dragonqueenforever whatever you choose. Here is the weird thing I like to read surprised and write surprised . After reading 7 pages of this I think I am about to go write a short story. I'm 15 and my school just let out for summer mrgreen . So I'll probaley be reading, writing, and getting on here for my 3 months of freedom, but when school starts again I will be super busy. Sorry!

I mainly like to read dragon books, fantasy, fiction, and science fiction. Yeah! So many books I've read can't list them all. I'll probaly start listing them here! biggrin

For writng I have so many stories in my head but I dislike typing. 4laugh

Nothing more to type.
BYE!  

Dragonfanatic24

xXSakura_ShingujiXx

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:03 pm
Hi, My name is Brianna. I am a writer looking for help in making my stories interesting. I also love reading. I read the Warriors series a lot and I also read a few other random books. So, yeah. I'll try to be as active as possible, but I have to have surgery done 3 days after school ends. Yeah, it makes summer break sound so enjoyable. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:53 am
G'day my name is GeekyTanta and I went looking for a guild for writers, when I came across this one for reading and writing I thought 'YES! I'm in!'. lol

I've been reading since as long as I can remember and read just about any genre. Some of my favourite authors are: Stephen King, Terry Pratchett, Christopher Brookmyre, Matthew Reilly, Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovitch . . . so yeah you can see it's prety varied.

I also write short stories, mostly fanfics but branching out into original work. I've only just gotten back into writing after a big break, not sure why the break it just happened, just looking for the writing mojo at the moment.

Looking forward to hanging out here with like minded people. smile  

GeekyTanta

Angelic Loiterer

11,090 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200

JaelValentine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 pm
Hi all! I'm JaelValentine, also known as Jael, J.Veezy, and many, many other names. I kind of stumbled across this guild and thought it would be nice to join... thanks so much for the acceptance!!!

I've been reading since I was two, and I've been writing almost as long as that. I write mostly realistic fiction and a little fan fiction. The novel I'm working on is realistic with a twist....

I'll try to post as often as I can, but my left hand was injured a few months ago, so I am currently typing with only six fingers sad ... but I'm really liking this guild so far, so I'll give it my all!

Oh, and my favorite books are Invisible Man, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Atlas Shrugged. I'm planning to start Anatomy of a Murder and Memoirs of a Geisha next (because I love the soundtrack and the movie, respectively.)

PM me if you want to chat!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:05 pm
Hello! I'm Nemu, and I found this guild because Kimberly Stone kept telling me about it.... so, here I am! I love to read.... Actually, that's an understatement. I don't write that much, I draw, not write. (sorry) Anyways, I'm working through Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, as well as re-reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (I don't know how to get the litte dots over "Bronte"), and Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I enjoyed those last two profusely. However, my favorites are Agatha Christie murder mysteries. I love them!! Okay, I think I posted a bit too much.. Sorry..... Oh, and if you ever want avi art, or any kind of commission, please check out my art shop or DeviantArt, link in my signature.
PS: I'm a grammar and spelling nerd! So watch out wink  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

Mini Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Hello! I'm Nuclear. At least, that's what I'd like to go
by. I am a writer, but my stuff is probably over PG-13,
so I guess I'll be reading quite a few things more then
write. :] As for grammer, I'm decently good. But I'm a
horrible speller, sorry. I'll do my best to spell out the
words I don't know. Well, before I start to babble any
more, I'll stop typing for now. x]

Readers' and Writers' Guild