Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
G.A.U. 2008 Raffle! *OVAH!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:51 am
Kharybuce
Was it in the science building. Our science building (wich also hosts foriegn language classes for some reason) always has the AC on. ALWAYS! Someone said it's because of all the chemicals in the building, so they need to keep it at an uncomfortably cold temperature all the time. stare

Ohhh, I didn't think about that. :0 There are science classrooms in that building, my art history class meets in one of the lecture rooms.
It's a bit funny. Each english class I've had has been in a different building and I've been in several science buildings but never for science xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:00 pm

Redem

Kharybuce
User Image
And if it wasn't for The Simpsons, I'm sure they'd also be surprised by your counter clockwise toilet swirling.

Ya know, I read somewhere that this was bullshit. And the direction of "swirliness" was entirely arbitrary.

Dunno how reliable that is.

I do have a book that says it's false.

I can't say I've seen live proof of it either way though, because when I flush my toilet at home, the water comes out from one side, and it doesn't swirl either way. Most toilets that I've seen here are like that too. One would need a toilet that actually flushes with swirling water to see this in action.

caustic 0_0
Kharybuce
Was it in the science building. Our science building (wich also hosts foriegn language classes for some reason) always has the AC on. ALWAYS! Someone said it's because of all the chemicals in the building, so they need to keep it at an uncomfortably cold temperature all the time. stare

Ohhh, I didn't think about that. :0 There are science classrooms in that building, my art history class meets in one of the lecture rooms.
It's a bit funny. Each english class I've had has been in a different building and I've been in several science buildings but never for science xD

Actually, we have a similar situation here too. I've had a circuit theory lecture in the chemistry building. Some of the other buildings are non-specific (at least in name) though.

Come to think of it, one of the weird (and somewhat ironic) things about the buildings here is that mobile phone reception outside the electrical engineering building isn't very good. xd  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:42 am
User Image
The Simpsons lied to me!!!

N-Eway, my astronomy class was in the CP Science building, and my seat was right under the ac vent, so even though it was nearly ninty degrees outside, I had to bring a hoodie to class to keep from getting sick.
stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:04 am

We could um... burn Matt Groening at the stake. twisted

Or not, either's good with me.  

Redem

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:13 am

Kharybuce
User Image
The Simpsons lied to me!!!

N-Eway, my astronomy class was in the CP Science building, and my seat was right under the ac vent, so even though it was nearly ninty degrees outside, I had to bring a hoodie to class to keep from getting sick.
stare

You decide what's worse. What you said, or a computer room with a non-functioning air conditioner.

There was a new building that opened in my school when I started year 10, and there was a computer room in that building where there were many things that didn't work right from the beginning. Towards the end of the the school year, the air conditioner stopped working. It was really hot in there with all the computers. That was in Hong Kong, where summers are hot and humid.

Over here, I need to bring a jacket to uni even in summer, but it's because I normally go there by bike, so I would arrive hot and sweaty, and then cool down very quickly as soon as I sit down. I cool down to the point where I would need a jacket even if it's summer.

I really enjoy cycling though. I'm looking forward to cycling again. (I fell off my bike two weeks ago, and I landed on my right hand. For two weeks, I hardly had the strength in my hand to brush my hair, so I couldn't ride my bike because I wouldn't be able to hold the handles (and more importantly, the brakes) properly. Luckily, I could still write, use chopsticks, and use the computer.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 am
j00 eez breeteesh, aynchoo? Americans don't usually say "uni."

NE-way, I like cycling. Last year I trained for a triatholon. Unfortunately, I can't swim for s**t, cycling on a machine and biking on an actual trail are nowhere near the same thing, and running long distances just after burning through your soul trying to swim and bike, is impossible for me. Needless to say, I didn't train nearly enough.
sad  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:21 pm

Kharybuce
j00 eez breeteesh, aynchoo? Americans don't usually say "uni." sad

We say "uni" in Australia too. "College" can mean some other things here, but we don't use it in the American way.

Also, I used to go to a British school when I lived in Hong Kong, so the English that I've learnt is more similar to British English than to American English. (English is my second language.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:30 pm
o_O? So what's your first language?  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:22 pm
sugarwing

The average pr0n plotlines and dialogues just gotta rawk. One quotable dialogue:

Scene: A guy in a black mask and a girl wearing next to nothing go into the basement with a fuse box. Beneath it is a stack of hay.
Girl: "So here's the fuse box, I hope you can fix it."
Guy: "What's with all this hay here?" *points at stack of hay*
Girl: "I dunno, why are you wearing a mask?" *points at mask*
Guy: "I dunno, do me a bl*****."
Girl: "Okay." *proceeds*

So much for the bad influence my bf gives me. pirate

There is a anime rule about Hentai. Any time there is a change in the story the best thing to do is have sex.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:40 pm
And no matter how much she's enjoying it, she has to say stop, no, and dont at some point. Not that I've ever watched that stuff. I mean, gross, right. ninja  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Kharybuce
o_O? So what's your first language?

Cantonese. I'm glad that we're typing and not speaking here. It'd be so obvious if you heard my voice.

I have a friend that I originally met in another guild, and I mentioned that I live in Australia. I started talking to him on Skype back in 2006, and he was disappointed when he heard my voice, because I didn't have an Australian accent. (At first, when I told him that I didn't, he didn't believe me. xd )  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:10 am
Aww, maybe you'll get an Aussie accent after a while. Skype is the s**t! It totally saves you millions of dollars on international phone calls. I have a couple of friends in England, so we usually chat on Skype.  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:50 am

Kharybuce
Aww, maybe you'll get an Aussie accent after a while. Skype is the s**t! It totally saves you millions of dollars on international phone calls. I have a couple of friends in England, so we usually chat on Skype.

I can't imagine ever losing my Cantonese accent. (Another ten years here might do it, but I don't think I'll stay here for that long.)

I wouldn't mind losing it though. I don't like it.

What happened to all the other people in the first five pages of this thread? Is it something I said? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:55 pm
Hello everyone! I'm new to this guild razz  

Inferno Breeze

Inferno Breeze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:57 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker

Kharybuce

I can't imagine ever losing my Cantonese accent. (Another ten years here might do it, but I don't think I'll stay here for that long.)

I wouldn't mind losing it though. I don't like it.

What happened to all the other people in the first five pages of this thread? Is it something I said? xd

My mom's been here for... nearing 30 years and still has an atrocious chinese accent ^^;; so.... hope for the best but it might now always go away ... at least you won't sound like the hawks screaming "One dolla one dolla!" at lonely tourists  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff