Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SanguisVitae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:57 pm
I'm really bad with introductions, but I thought I would try because I really do want to say hello to everyone in here, I have a bad habit of lurking and wanting to post but don't because I'm embarrassed I'll say something dumb because I word things weird at times and can't often get what I want to say out right. redface
I've had occult type interests for many many years though over time learned from those around me that it was better to not talk about it, which I kinda hate since it really was and is a big part of this existence of mine right now and has been for a long while.
Though due to something that happened a short time back the last few years I kind of had to trail off and re-build my sense of reality so I had not been into things as much as I once was, but it's draw has been sort of stronger lately.
To get into everything and my personal whys would be more then I could probably type at the moment and more then anyone would probably be willing to read, but if anyone wants to ask me anything for whatever reason please to feel free to do so.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:05 am
I'm no good with introductions so if you want to know me talk to me...  

Aubrey of the sliver line

NolaIvory

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:55 pm
Hi! I'm Nola. I'm coming closer and closer to my year-and-a-day for Wicca, and as I come closer I can't help but feel that I'm not really ready. Oh well, I guess I'll just do it when I'm ready, then.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:05 am
Hello my name is Alex and I have spent the last two years of my life entering serious meditational practices and learning what I can of religions and beliefs of all kinds. I was baptized by my christian grandfather and, until about four years ago, followed his belief that the bibles word was the most absolute law. When my step-mother and my dad got married it was the start of my fall from 'The Faith'. Between my fathers constant declarations of my grandfathers single-minded beliefs and my step-mothers 'bunny hopping' from one religion to the next, dragging us along every step, I began to think for myself for the first time. Since then I have spent an amount of my private time in study of various philosophys. Only in the last year have I settled down into my own system of beliefs.

For those you who'd like to know more about me or what I believe you're welcome to pm me, but please don't be suprised If I don't get back right away, as I am unable to get online from my own computer.  

TheClockWorkMan

Color of My Energy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:57 pm

I, too, am bad with introductions. Therefore, I will use an intro from the other guild I just joined to make it easier on all. If you want to use my intro and fill in your own blanks feel free.

1. What should we call you? Most people call me Color.
2. How old are you? 22
3. Hobbies, Interests, Collections, or Special things you do? Occult research, paranormal, weather, potography, gaming, internet, reading, writing, cooking.
4. What kind of movies are you in to and what is your favorite? Horror, comedy, independent. Show Me love (Swedish), Delicatessen (French), House of 1000 Corpses (American).
5. What do you like to read? Occult, cooking, anime
6. What kind of music are you into? Mostly rock (all kinds- indie, emo, goth, classic, heavy metal, etc) and techno.
7. Best vacation or getaway ever? Haven't had one yet. Hopefully if we can save the money, a trip to NYC will be made. It's where my boyfriend of almost 4 years is from.
8. What attracted you to this guild? The idea of intellectual conversation and information rather than god-moding/god-fearing/holier-than-thou.
9. What do you hope to get out of this guild? Information sharing and a fe Gaia friends.
10. Will you be an active member? Yes and if I can't be then I will leave. There is no guild without active members.
11. How could we improve the guild? I just joined so nothing yet, and I don't think this will change.

*12. Other information to know? I type in the color I feel.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:49 am
Hey all, my name is Cynthia, but most people call me Cindy whether I tell them to or not. I am 18 and fresh out of high school, but I like to believe that I am a little more mature than most others my age - no, I do not think I know everything, and therein lies my point. I have always had an interest in the paranormal, not because I was going through some goth phase of my teenage years, but because I have a genuine interest in it. The funny thing is, I absolutely cannot stand horror movies, only because they scare the bejeezus out of me. Vampires and werewolves I can handle, but not much more. I do not listen to heavy metal or anything - save for a few songs - but I am also not a huge fan of country, either. I just listen to the songs I like, period. People sometimes find it funny that a person who is such a big chicken can have such a big interest in the paranormal, but things like this just don't scare me - they intrigue me because they are real, not some fantasy horror-flick made to incite fear.

I guess I should also add that I am a wolf therian, with a side of agnosticism on the side, though I still lean towards the belief that there is some sort of higher power, and even call out to it in times of need. I do meditate in my own personal way, as I think everyone who decides to take up meditation should, but do not perform spells or rituals or anything. I am not a vegan, or even a vegetarian, and I do not believe it is necessary to become one in order to stay in touch with nature - after all, animals eat other animals... it is having others mercilessly slaughter and pre-package said animals for the consumers' convenience that irks me. I do think that anyone who eats meat should have to kill their own food, and yes, I am a hypocrite - but believe me, I would do it if I could.

Well, I guess I should stop here before I talk your virtual ear off. It is kind of funny to think of how much I abhor writing introductions like this, only to turn around and find myself on a roll. If you have any comments, questions, or just plain well-wishes, feel free to drop me a message. I apologize if I seem hyper at times, as I think I may have a very mild form of bipolar disorder. Then again, we all have our little ups and downs, now, don't we? wink  

Baku the Fluffy

crazygirl879

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:36 am
Name: Katelyn

Likes: Guys with the name Billy (especcially one of them ^.^), the occult, reading, cooking, shoping, talking to awsome people, sleeping, and going to the movies.

Dislikes: Seafood, close-minded people, and ignorant people.

Why I joined: Because I love the occult, but I barely know anything at all about it. I'm here to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:40 pm
I am a seeker:
within me is a paradox
i seek to know yet i do not know what i seek.
Today what i seek to build up tomorrow i may seek to take apart.
What i hold now i will some day let go.
This one thing i do claim to know,
that my seeking shows no sign of ending.

my name is Dylan, i am 23 and i am mostly self educated. i have a library of over 800 books and have only read perhaps half, so i have a long way to go. i am interested in a wide variety of ways of seeing the world, i believe that the spirit, god, numen, brahmen, atman, or what ever it is called is a matter and source of being that permeates all things. it is not easy to understand and understanding is truly a matter of a balance between the seeking and releasing of thought.
here are some sources for books that i think many people would enjoy:
www.sacred-texts.com
http://www.hermetic.com/
http://www.hermetics.org/ebooks.html  

AbrAbraxas

jaxnteller

Mega Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:36 pm
i am really strange as things would go as a person who researches these things and really truly believes in the supernatural, paranormal, and spirital ways in the world. i am 15 and have been studying these things almost 4 years now because my little brother was born and is a very special child to say the lease! My name is guin but everyone must call me ike...i have no religion and i sometimes question gods exsistance or reasons i really don't want to talk about but am entitled to understand, i do believe that there is something out there and that angels do exsist and that demons exsist because that all goes hand in hand i suppose. i know that there is not very much in this world that really truly scares me in anyway and i will do anything to protect my loved ones!!!!! that is all i have to say so later!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:15 pm
Hey thar, I'm Aila al Jehan... I'm a witch, practicing on and off for three years... I'm agnostic... I work with chaos things like sigiks... I work with gem energies and chakras and yoga and ever since I watched the Ring I've had an irrational fear of Samara jumping out and killing me in the dark. ninja But yea... WEll hi there. XD  

Aila-al-Jehan

1 soma

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:51 pm
well umm.. I just wanna know stuff. I like this kinda of stuff. I might sound stupid but I actually wanna go hunting things. Like Sam and Dean. I also went into this because i saw this demon summoning thing on a video game, I wanna know if it actually works but I don't wanna try it because I think It'll work because demons like to play with us so I got be careful. Yeah so I mostly joined for knowledge.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:02 pm
Well holy snap! Welcome to all the new people! So how come no-one's posting? sad  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

wolfie933

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:18 pm
hello im wolfie! im pretty much wiccan... and slightly interested in satanism. ok i said "pretty much" wiccan becuse i havent actually been baptized into it. im not baptized into any realigion, thank the goddess. yeshh im very random and into ALOT of junk so.. yeah domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:20 pm
OHH! AND I CAN DO TAROT READING! xp  

wolfie933

Romulus 218

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm
People call me Caine. I was born and raised as a Christian, taught that there were no truths but what the Bible held. Of course, when a dog is held on too tight of a leash, it will bite the hand that hold that leash. The same happened with me, I rebelled for a short time, and for about two or three years, I referred to myself as a Satanist. I then had a sort of... revelation about who I really was. I realized that this darkness was killing me inside, that it wasn't me, and yet it was at the same time. This train of thought led me to a philosophy of inner balance between light and darkness. I then took what I saw had been taught over the past 15 years and decided to dig a little deeper, seeking out the hidden truths behind all the lies. This led me to where I am now, primarily a Christian Thelemite, but drawing influences from many different religions and philosophies, Taoism, Buddhism, Wicca, Zos Kia Cultus, Hermeticism, and LaVeyan Satanism to create my own, personal view of mortal and immortal life that I am continually evolving and refining until this body of flesh gives out, and I can see The Truth for myself.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff