Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Hey Guys I made a thread in the CB.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My handwriting...
  is good for a begninner
  *covers eyes* no they bleed
  aww so cute you tried
View Results

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:37 pm
Ah, I'm sorry if you girls were sickened by my dead bird example. Toki's example wasn't any better than mine, and it was he who claimed that being macho means you have to do random acts of violence towards animals. ninja

And I'll admit that I slightly exaggerated the events that happened...alright, grossly exaggerated. I didn't actually beat the bird with a stick, I just trapped it under a salad bowl and fed it some rice for a few days. But then it escaped and in trying to catch it again I accidentally led the bird down the side of my bed where it got crushed against the bed rest. I had not idea that the bird was still down there and had been rotting away for nearly three years until it was to move house, and I discovered the decayed remains of it. I must say I felt really sorry for the bird then.

So in actual fact, I didn't intentionally try to kill the bird. Unlike Toki who had the nerve the kick a bird when it was already dead.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 am
LOL. Mini, trying to save yourself and use me as a scapegoat. -sigh-

But being the type of person I am, I forgive you. rolleyes *pat, pat*

Firstly, I did not say "that being macho means you have to do random acts of violence towards animals."
Perhaps you misinterpreted what I'd written. I don't think kicking a dead bird is a random act of violence, as:

a) I did not kick it hard, just merely kicked it aside. It wasn't a 10 metre run up followed by a full on punt while shouting, "'AVE IT!"
b) It wasn't a random assault as you put it, as there was an objective behind my actions, which was to remove the corpse from the Bus Stop area thus making my friends more comfortable. Although moving it onto grass/soil wasn't my primary motive, it was also a benefit of my actions.
c) Most importantly, my bird was already dead. Meaning it didn't suffer any emotional or physical pain when I kicked it, whereas yours was alive and well before you subjected it to your barbaric torture.

You see, even if you did exaggerate your claims of brutality, I still don't think trapping it under a salad bowl was the right thing to do. What's wrong with just setting it free? neutral

Regardless of whether you intentionally killed the bird or not, it sounded as though the capture and subsequent death were completely avoidable. From my perspective, through your actions alone you may have been the sole cause of the bird's demise. Which is quite sad really.  

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am
@Toki: A bird is not a man, yeah, but it doesn't mean it doesn't have feelings. OK, it's dead. That means it's an excuse to just kick it around? I'm not saying you disrespected the darn bird, but I don't like the context. If you kicked it aside to save it from being crushed even more, OK, I get you. However, you kicked it aside to save some poor girls from squealing annoyingly. Dude.
Yeah. I can't imagine your mates being any more compassionate than you are. rolleyes Were they Chinks Chinese? Bloody conceited brats. stare

I suck with animals... but I am compassionate. Wouldn't say I would go around waving a banner for animal rights though.

But whatever. You weren't trying to hurt the bird. You were trying to stop those girls from being... girly. rolleyes Point is, I don't like people kicking dead birds or whatnot for no good reason, and coupled with the fact you did it for those pathetic girls, it just irks me. *shrug*

I would've let my friends suffer in the rain, methinks. But tbh none of my friends are quite that... pathetic? I can't think of another word, sorry. Not to diss your friends. *apologetic pat*
And I think yours was avoidable too. You didn't kill the bird, but you didn't exactly give it any respect. Okaaaay, it's a bird, and a dead one, but still - it was living. I s'pose that matters to me a lot...

xd Ahahahaha. Tosh = blueberry Wonka girl? rofl rofl rofl

Ugh. One second you're licking Niph, the next Tosh? Ick. stare

@Mini: Ah. Whoops. Yeah, I agree it wasn't intentional. It is a terrible accident though. whee That poor bird. sad I can't believe that happened and you didn't notice. Why did you capture it in the first place? I s'pose I would've, though. To satisfy my need to stare at it in fascination. xd

*paints Fwoom's face grass green*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Lol@Mini's turn around.

So you lied to seem macho.
But got rejected for being cruel to animals.
And decided to become the 'kind man who fed the bird and felt sorry for it's death'.

Oh Elfy.
rolleyes

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:20 pm
Tokioka

Lol. Yeh, why does CBC wanna be macho? Maybe she's a lesbian tomboy. surprised

I also did it with a cow's eyeball in science, but that's another story. xd

I have in fact been plagued with this tomboy thing for a long time. Before puberty, I used to go to the park to shoot hoops after school, and was mistaken for a boy on several occasion... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 am
Hmm. Where's Mini's rebuttal? *looks around*

I was kinda expecting something, but.. oh well... rolleyes *shrugs*

@Chibs: Yes, my 2 guy friends at that time were chinese and the girls were chinese too.
I didn't do it just because they were girls, but mainly cos they were my friends. As you know, when it comes to friends I'll usually do anything I can to keep them happy (like Ryco lol). So that time was no exception.

Yeah, your whole argument seemed kinda messy and not really well thought out. A lot of repetition and unnecessary wordiness. Thought I'd just mention that. xd

What? You getting jealous? cool

@CBC: Yay! Cow eyeballs and pig kidneys! Whoo biology!! It's kinda lame, but the dissections were alright! >o<

But don't you have long hair? That'd usually quash those mistaken sex moments.  

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:55 am
I've always been s**t at wording my arguments. *sigh* And I wasn't arguing with you. I was just pointing out how much I dislike what you did. xp

OK. You say you do it for your friends, I get that. That's on your list of things you'd do to keep them happy; it just happens to not be on mine. *shrug* We're all different. There are some things I won't do, even if it's for other people. Usually I'd do anything, but even I have limits. I still don't think your argument is going to justify your evilness in my opinion. stare

Oh, and I'm a very wordy, waffley person. I'm worse in real life. Much worse. ninja

And jealous of what? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:44 pm
Yeh, we're not really arguing are we? It's more of an intellectual exchange. Debate, you could call it. :B *smokes pipe*

So how much have I gone down in your online friend scale? Go on, rate me out of 10.

Jealous of this. razz *licks Chibi*

whee *flees*  

Tokioka

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:18 pm
Tokioka

But don't you have long hair? That'd usually quash those mistaken sex moments.

No, had short hair, so...

Tokioka

Jealous of this. razz *licks Chibi*

whee *flees*

Suddenly had an image of the erst of us with no tongues, and therefore unable to lick anything and jealous of you.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:19 am
User Image

gonk <-- no tongue D;  

Niphz
Crew

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 pm
I was like, "Wow. She used the word erst. I had no idea CBC was such a linguist." o.0

Then I realised. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:33 am
Yeah, forgot to change that... neutral

And for the record, I'll have you know I write beautifully...erstwhile and now! (see what I did that blaugh )  

cold_blooded_chick

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:00 am
o___o

... *slow clap*

lol jks.

Velly good see-bee-see, velly good indeed! :B  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:21 am
*raised eyebrow* Intellectual exchanges don't happen between you and I, do they?

Out of 10? 0. Especially now that you've gone and licked me. Psh.  

Chibito7

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:30 pm
I suppose not... stare

That's not very nice. I wouldn't have given you a 0... crying

You're so cold and un-fun today, what happened to you this week?  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff