Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
California Costume Meet Up Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:51 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
I showed up to my first job interview with a huge bandage on my arm. The whole time I was thinking, "They're gonna know. They're gonna know and I'm not gonna get the job." I was terrified. I almost blew the interview because of that fear. But, they didn't even ask about it. And a while later they called me and said I got the job. WOOT!

....i try to not let fear control me....though with paranoia its hard....and anxiety......

Fear and paranoia are the same to me. Those voices are very persuasive. It's like having the Dream Walker in you mind. At least, that's how it seems when I read Sword of Truth. It was the only thing I could relate Jagang's interesting "talents" to.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:27 am
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
I showed up to my first job interview with a huge bandage on my arm. The whole time I was thinking, "They're gonna know. They're gonna know and I'm not gonna get the job." I was terrified. I almost blew the interview because of that fear. But, they didn't even ask about it. And a while later they called me and said I got the job. WOOT!

....i try to not let fear control me....though with paranoia its hard....and anxiety......

Fear and paranoia are the same to me. Those voices are very persuasive. It's like having the Dream Walker in you mind. At least, that's how it seems when I read Sword of Truth. It was the only thing I could relate Jagang's interesting "talents" to.

yea...when your mind starts talking to you like that..about what might happen or what has happened before and might happen again...the anxiety that your mind may be right...its hard to resist giving into fear and paranoia...  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:09 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari

yea...when your mind starts talking to you like that..about what might happen or what has happened before and might happen again...the anxiety that your mind may be right...its hard to resist giving into fear and paranoia...

Yeah. And when they tell you to do things.....it's hard to say no. I'm glad I don't hear them much anymore. My medicine works magic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:20 am
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari

Yeah. And when they tell you to do things.....it's hard to say no. I'm glad I don't hear them much anymore. My medicine works magic.

Makes me feel relief that any voices inside my head, I created myself, of my own free will.

Prophecy vs. freewill........isn't that just another version of destiny vs free will? Except that destiny has a stronger hold if there's prophecy, but it's still basically the same thing. Destiny can have it's advantages, but so does free will. Destiny tends to be useful in romantic situations, freewill in practical matters. Destiny spreads fourth laziness in some, since they'd believe that no matter what they do, they have a destiny that can't change. Free will encourages people to try harder if they want to achieve greatness, but then again, it could encourage anything else too..... Well, I'd say that free will is what I believe in. No mythical cosmic forces are pulling at my strings I say.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:10 pm
Like questioning the existance of fate.

Prophecy, fate and destiny are kinda the same thing. Having no control over events.

I do believe that there are things that are fated to happen. I'm Christian. If I didn't believe in prophecy I would'nt really know God. Revelation. Daniel. Yeah. Not to meantion that Ellan White was a prophet and she wrote in her books the visions God sent her. She's seen what the Second Coming is going to look like. Frack, she's even seen Satan. She said that he was a handsome man and you could see that he used to be the beautiful angel he once was. But that you could also see how sin had worn on him.

Once again, I'm shutting up before I cross a line.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:32 pm
Phanari

Prophecy, fate and destiny are kinda the same thing. Having no control over events.

I do believe that there are things that are fated to happen. I'm Christian. If I didn't believe in prophecy I would'nt really know God. Revelation. Daniel. Yeah. Not to meantion that Ellan White was a prophet and she wrote in her books the visions God sent her. She's seen what the Second Coming is going to look like. Frack, she's even seen Satan. She said that he was a handsome man and you could see that he used to be the beautiful angel he once was. But that you could also see how sin had worn on him.

i dont believe anything is certain...prophecy, fate, destiny...i think they are all things that CAN happen...not WILL happen...nothing is shure to happen...it cant be with free will in the mix....that is a contradiction. and as we all know here contradictions cannot exist....  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:39 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari

i dont believe anything is certain...prophecy, fate, destiny...i think they are all things that CAN happen...not WILL happen...nothing is shure to happen...it cant be with free will in the mix....that is a contradiction. and as we all know here contradictions cannot exist....

I feel that there are some things that are fated to happen. But the rest of life is up to us.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:58 pm
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari

I feel that there are some things that are fated to happen. But the rest of life is up to us.

Well, I'll admit that one thing is fated to happen, death, but that's it.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:56 pm
Don't forget about life. Oh, and birth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:35 pm
Phanari

Okay fine, if you wanna go that route, life is something quite obvious when involved with life, but I think it's a little redundant to say it. Birth, while I understand what you mean, is not quite so definite. Life occurs before birth, before even fertilization. An embryo (human or otherwise) can die before it's born. Then there's mitosis/ meiosis, those I certainly wouldn't classify as birth. I think the better term to substitute birth is the creation of life.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:53 pm
ZerimarObon
Phanari

Okay fine, if you wanna go that route, life is something quite obvious when involved with life, but I think it's a little redundant to say it. Birth, while I understand what you mean, is not quite so definite. Life occurs before birth, before even fertilization. An embryo (human or otherwise) can die before it's born. Then there's mitosis/ meiosis, those I certainly wouldn't classify as birth. I think the better term to substitute birth is the creation of life.

Yes, well I've never believed that death was a natural thing. Sure, it happens. But that doesn't mean it's suppose to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:39 pm
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari

Yes, well I've never believed that death was a natural thing. Sure, it happens. But that doesn't mean it's suppose to.

Death is a natural thing, it is part of life and it is supposed to happen. Like it or not.

Okay.....I just sounded like a complete a*****e to myself there. Those are my beliefs, I believe your beliefs are wrong, but I hold nothing against you for thinking in such a way. Much like you don't hold anything against me for being an atheist. You obviously think I'm wrong in my beliefs and I obviously believe that your religion is wrong, but we still don't kill eachother over it. That's the situation with the thing above as well, under the assumption your feelings are mutual.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:54 am
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari

Death is a natural thing, it is part of life and it is supposed to happen. Like it or not.

Okay.....I just sounded like a complete a*****e to myself there. Those are my beliefs, I believe your beliefs are wrong, but I hold nothing against you for thinking in such a way. Much like you don't hold anything against me for being an atheist. You obviously think I'm wrong in my beliefs and I obviously believe that your religion is wrong, but we still don't kill eachother over it. That's the situation with the thing above as well, under the assumption your feelings are mutual.

Yes, I understand. And your consideration for my feelings is welcome. I like to listen to what others believe. So I kinda just assume that they like to hear mine.

Even if I didn't believe in a higher power, I would refuse to believe that death is natural. Were it natural, it wouldn't hurt so much to see it happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:40 am
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari

Yes, I understand. And your consideration for my feelings is welcome. I like to listen to what others believe. So I kinda just assume that they like to hear mine.

Even if I didn't believe in a higher power, I would refuse to believe that death is natural. Were it natural, it wouldn't hurt so much to see it happen.

Sadly, pain is also a natural thing in my opinion. We'd be in a fair bit of trouble without pain....wait, you mean emotional pain. I know you may not believe in it, but I'm gonna talk a bit on evolution right now. Humans have evolved to a point of great intellectual superiority to most creatures on Earth, something that comes with intelligence (by intelligence I mean more along the lines of abstract thought capabilities, I just recently learned what that word actually means) is emotional attatchments. With emotional attatchments, we are going to mourn over the loss of somebody we are attatched to. I'd say that the pain of losing a loved one is the side effect of our evolutionary path.

Talking about evolution reminds me of how my cousin is very against the possibility of evolution. She isn't the brightest when it comes to the area of science, as proof of there being no evolution, she asked me this question, "If you put a nut and some bolts into a container and spin it around for a thousand years, will they have evolved into something else?" This statement is wrong on so many levels. It proves absolutely nothing other than the ignorance of my cousin.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:01 am
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari
ZerimarObon
Phanari

Sadly, pain is also a natural thing in my opinion. We'd be in a fair bit of trouble without pain....wait, you mean emotional pain. I know you may not believe in it, but I'm gonna talk a bit on evolution right now. Humans have evolved to a point of great intellectual superiority to most creatures on Earth, something that comes with intelligence (by intelligence I mean more along the lines of abstract thought capabilities, I just recently learned what that word actually means) is emotional attatchments. With emotional attatchments, we are going to mourn over the loss of somebody we are attatched to. I'd say that the pain of losing a loved one is the side effect of our evolutionary path.

Talking about evolution reminds me of how my cousin is very against the possibility of evolution. She isn't the brightest when it comes to the area of science, as proof of there being no evolution, she asked me this question, "If you put a nut and some bolts into a container and spin it around for a thousand years, will they have evolved into something else?" This statement is wrong on so many levels. It proves absolutely nothing other than the ignorance of my cousin.

Though I understand her point, she was talking about kitchens while you were talking about trees.
I've always found it rather hard to believe that we're all one big accident. Mainly because I like the selfish idea that we are all here to serve a purpose in this world. It brings me comfort. It's not exactly a "logically stable scientific hypothesis" but for someone who likes philosophy and theology more than anything else..........it keeps me warm at night.  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff