Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Contest Ideas and Suggestions. CLOSED: Read Last Post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got any contest ideas?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 28 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

Gielwich

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 am
how about a booty grab compation? the one with the highest amount (screen shot required) wins the prize wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm

tezkah cullen

Piet Hoekstra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:18 pm
Pailzor

Hmm......

What would we use for it though? Like what would be the base comic? Just anything someone could find, or we use Gaia comics?

I'd use the Gaia manga comics, especially if there's an update for a Gaia event. The artwork is already done, the characters are all ones we know.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:06 pm
Magadei
the greedy little ****s that say "GIMME CONTEST."

Oh thats really a nice thing to call your members. Is that not one of the reasons this guild was made for to begin with to have contests so people can have a chance to win s**t to make some type of profit on gaia for those who didnt have an easy time making gold on here.

Not only that people ask for contests cause they are fun to do like for your event in Halloween I mainly did that not to really win the gold, but because it had been a while since Ive ever written a story and it was something fun for me to do. I wasnt even thinking I was going to win I actually taught I was going to be dead last. I did it cause it was fun and I wanted to and I like challanges, and thats a reason why alot of people want contests.Especially now with this place nearly dead and Im pretty sure that all some want is something fun to do.

Also you are the ones making the decission to continue ok dont blame your s**t that 99% of the s**t comes from you ok if you hate it so much stop, but dont give me that guilt trip s**t ok cause your making the choice not me. Hint the word donation its a choice also thats the risk your taking not me, also the word giveaway and Im sure you know where Im heading with this.

Also you cant blame me for you commenting back you have the choice to ignore. Now me I make the choice cause I cant stand people like you.  

DarkAnGeL(BrokenOne)

Durem Knight

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:49 pm
DarkAnGeL(BrokenOne)
Magadei

Oh thats really a nice thing to call your members. Is that not one of the reasons this guild was made for to begin with to have contests so people can have a chance to win s**t to make some type of profit on gaia for those who didnt have an easy time making gold on here.

Not only that people ask for contests cause they are fun to do like for your event in Halloween I mainly did that not to really win the gold, but because it had been a while since Ive ever written a story and it was something fun for me to do. I wasnt even thinking I was going to win I actually taught I was going to be dead last. I did it cause it was fun and I wanted to and I like challanges, and thats a reason why alot of people want contests.Especially now with this place nearly dead and Im pretty sure that all some want is something fun to do.

Also you are the ones making the decission to continue ok dont blame your s**t that 99% of the s**t comes from you ok if you hate it so much stop, but dont give me that guilt trip s**t ok cause your making the choice not me. Hint the word donation its a choice also thats the risk your taking not me, also the word giveaway and Im sure you know where Im heading with this.

Also you cant blame me for you commenting back you have the choice to ignore. Now me I make the choice cause I cant stand people like you.

No duh, the guild started to be a giveaway. It was called the Mil-a-Day Giveaway.
Funding ran out. We have no large source of income anymore. Now it's called the [MADG] Hangout, not the [MADG] Ohmygoshwe'regivingoutgoldstill.
We have an announcement stating why there aren't contests, and that we may do a contest if one of the crew members feels like giving out their own gold. By the way, we're not quitting, so we're not just gonna give out our gold as freely as Peasant did. We have no obligation to give any gold out. However, we encourage members to donate to the guild mule, so that we can invest that gold, market with it, sell whatever items they may wish to donate (most often, it's game items, event items, quest items, and other things that won't sell for much), hoping to eventually have large amounts of gold we can restart the giveaway with. This doesn't guarantee there will be contests anytime soon. It may take awhile till we have a lot, especially because ignorant/blind people are donating to the guild fund, rather than the guild mule, meaning we now have 331k of unusable gold in the guild fund.
As I said before, we have no obligation to give any gold out. Leave if you have a problem with that.
All we have to do is moderate the guild, to hopefully promote a friendly atmosphere, as one would want in a hangout. You're not helping very much with this, which is why I said before to keep it out of the guild. Though you haven't clearly broken any of our rules as far as I've seen, this is pretty close to the harassment of crew one, seeing as how you're still arguing against us when I've already told you to keep it out of the guild. So, if you want to argue more, then PM me about it, PM them,or any of us. Just keep it out of the guild. If you ignore this request again, you will be permanently banned.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm
DarkAnGeL(BrokenOne)
Magadei

You obviously do not understand the position we the crew members are in.

We have had probably 3-5 contests since August 31, 2007, when Peasant gave the guild over to Norayr to do 'carry on the legend'.

I was appointed crew last February, and you cannot even fathom how many people I've had to ban for not following the rules, how many threads I've had to locked asking 'when are we going to have another contest?'

Coming up with a contest isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is. When Peasant and Ah! My Goddess gave out the last million, a number of people up and left like the 'greedy little mongrels' they were. Not only that, our personal lives > catering to the guild and to Gaia. I may be on almost 24 hours a day, but that doesn't mean I'm busy doing other things, be it vending or catering to my personal needs.

You need to step in our shoes for a minute before you start saying we're guilt tripping you. Because we're not. I appreaciate all the ideas, but some of them, like your Halo/MMO idea, is far fetched. I don't own a 360, I never will. I know a number of people in here don't own a 360. If we could come up with a contest to have the most participants, that'd be ever so lovely.

Also, you can't stand people like the ones on crew, follow the rules next time.
MADG Rules
It's our giveaway, our rules. If you don't like how we're running it, you can politely provide constructive feedback in a PM to any of our moderators or via the feedback sub forum.

Again, I'll say this one more time, and It damn well better be the last time I have to speak up, because I will take it to PM's next and I will not be so nice.

You have no idea the lengths we go through to keep this place alive. You weren't here when it first started, you weren't here when the final million was given away, therefore you have no say in how we run things. You want to complain, my PM box is always open.

We're doing our best, forgive us for being human and trying.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:55 pm
Piet Hoekstra
Pailzor

Hmm......

What would we use for it though? Like what would be the base comic? Just anything someone could find, or we use Gaia comics?

I'd use the Gaia manga comics, especially if there's an update for a Gaia event. The artwork is already done, the characters are all ones we know.

Sorry about all this off-topic crap going on in the thread....
Umm....
Forgot what I was thinking about...
*thinkthinkthink*
Oh yeah...
How do you suggest we could change those to make them guild-related, since Gaia already had an all-Gaia one?

Or perhaps instead of editing Gaia comics, we can have a few "comic" pages to choose from, using avies of the crew members for the comic, then just quickly put in some blurry backgrounds and random stuff?
Or maybe should backgrounds be up to the contestants as well?
:interestedinthisideabunny:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:11 am
Maybe a scavenger hunt across a 100 different blogspots, and you give them the first one and a hint to what the next one is is inside that first one. The first person to give the name of the winning blogspot gets the gold.  

shadowsong212

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:49 am
shadowsong212
Maybe a scavenger hunt across a 100 different blogspots, and you give them the first one and a hint to what the next one is is inside that first one. The first person to give the name of the winning blogspot gets the gold.

sounds complicated, considering the only well know blogspots are Blogger and Livejournal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:26 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny
shadowsong212

sounds complicated, considering the only well know blogspots are Blogger and Livejournal.

Ignore the "blogspots" part of that, and it's not too bad. It's kinda what I wanted to do, but haven't thought it out much....  

Pailzor
Captain

Alluminn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 pm
Pailzor
Piet Hoekstra
Pailzor

Hmm......

Sorry about all this off-topic crap going on in the thread....
Umm....
Forgot what I was thinking about...
*thinkthinkthink*
Oh yeah...
How do you suggest we could change those to make them guild-related, since Gaia already had an all-Gaia one?

Or perhaps instead of editing Gaia comics, we can have a few "comic" pages to choose from, using avies of the crew members for the comic, then just quickly put in some blurry backgrounds and random stuff?
Or maybe should backgrounds be up to the contestants as well?
:interestedinthisideabunny:

Idea!
It wouldn't be a contest with very big prizes, but how about a caption contest?
Say we get 10 or so pix and the best for each gets 5k or something

Not a big contest, just one to fill the gap  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Magi // Noi did one of those before, and the results came out pretty good. =3

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 pm
Simplistic-Tyranny

Of course, that was back when people were actually here, but yeah.
Also, his was more 4chan-based, so uh... Yeah. It'd be nice to have a Gaia-based one in here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:22 pm
Pailzor
Simplistic-Tyranny

Of course, that was back when people were actually here, but yeah.
Also, his was more 4chan-based, so uh... Yeah. It'd be nice to have a Gaia-based one in here.
Yeah, I remember that I won the spiderman one with the cliche "How Do I Shot Web" gag  

Alluminn
Vice Captain

xXKaiketzkixX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 pm
How About Tektek me contest?  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items