Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~Ancient Scrolls~
Daily Bible Scripture Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay God!
  Yay God :-D
View Results

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 am
January 31
You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call on you.
— Psalm 86:5 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Forgiveness is such a sweet blessing. But God does more than forgive! He cleanses and forgets. His love is not metered out or carefully rationed. He pours love upon us if we genuinely seek him as our God and Father. So let's cry out and ask for God's forgiveness and praise the mighty and holy name of The Almighty, confidently knowing that our Father longs to bless us with goodness, mercy, and love.
My Prayer...
O Precious Father, I call to you wanting you to know how important your love and forgiveness are in my life. Thank you for sending Jesus to show your love and pay the debt of my sin. Help me to live today as your child: may others see my joy and my passion for you as I seek to live for your glory. In the name of my Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:48 pm
February 1
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
— Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (NIV)

So many times Satan seduces us into a flat, 2 dimensional Christianity - going to church and doing good deeds. But God calls us to a three dimensional faith. He wants us to love him with all of our being in all of our actions and with all of our might.
My Prayer...
Dear Heavenly Father, I honor you as God Almighty. I appreciate you for all your kindness and blessings lavished upon me. I love you because you first loved me in Jesus. My heart's desire today is to demonstrate my love for you in all I do, and love and say. Through Jesus. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:24 pm
February 2
As it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
— 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV)

Many of the things we anticipate and dream about are much less glorious in real life than they were in our imaginations. There is one event, however, that is better than we can imagine and beyond our wildest dreams. When Jesus returns to take us home to be with our Father, it will be far better than we can ask, imagine, dream or think. Maranatha -- Come Lord Jesus!
My Prayer...
Abba Father, thank you for knowing me before time began. Thank you for crafting me in my mother's womb. Thank you for sending Jesus to pay the price for my sins. And thank you in advance for the day Jesus comes to take me home to be with you forever. Through my Conquering Savior I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:01 pm
February 3
I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
— Psalm 59:16 (NIV)

So many things in our lives can be stolen away by natural disasters, aging, and death. Satan could be appropriately called "The Thief of Always." But God is immovable and "unstealable"! We can invest ourselves in him and know our spirits are secure in his care. He is a fortress and a refuge.
My Prayer...
O Great Rock of my salvation, thank you for being unchangeable and faithful. Thank you for being the source of security and future in a day of chaos and change. Thank you for being God. You are my God and in you I place my life, my hopes, and my future. May you be glorified in me today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 pm
Fabruary 4
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
— Psalm 18:1-2 (NIV)

We sing it and we say it in our public prayers: "Father, God, we love you." But notice very carefully the beginning phrase of our verse. "I love you, O Lord..." Even in public, community worship, we are taught the importance of a personal expression of love to God. When is the last time you told the Creator of the universe, "I love you!"
My Prayer...
Father in heaven, I love you. I love you because you are more than worthy of my love. I love you because you have first loved me. I love you because you sent your son to be my big brother and pay the price for my adoption into your family. I love you because of your faithfulness. I love you because you have permitted me in your grace to love you. In the name of Jesus I thank you. Amen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:52 pm
February 5
The word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
— Psalm 33:4-5 (NIV)

God is faithful. We can trust his promises to be kept and his purposes to be good. How do we know? The sunrise each morning is a reminder that the Father of heaven and earth is at work keeping his universe in working order. If it is true in nature, it is true in the spiritual realm as well. Greet each sunrise as a reminder of God's faithfulness.
My Prayer...
O Magnificent and Majestic Creator, I greet today as your gift and a reminder of your faithfulness. Each day the sun rises I anticipate the day you honor your promise to send your Son back to bring us home to you. Give me a keen sense today of your faithful presence. I pray this through him in whom all your promises find their fulfillment. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:35 pm
February 6
He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity, and honor.
— Proverbs 21:21 (NIV)

Isn't it funny that when we set off to find happiness or joy or significance or meaning, we seldom find it? Instead, when we offer to serve others and give ourselves wholeheartedly to the Lord and his work, it is then that we find what we most need.
My Prayer...
O Giver of every good and perfect gift, I ask today that you give me a chance to serve you and others in a way which shows your kingdom and its glory. If in the process you choose to meet the needs in my own heart, then I thank you. This I pray through your servant Jesus. Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:04 pm
Super Bowl
Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
— Psalm 97:10 (NIV)

Hate -- what a bold and powerful word. We must not hate people. We must hate evil. Tough combination to pull off, but absolutely vital. Evil is here because of the Evil One -- the champion of hate, lies and death. So when evil rears its ugly head, let's be courageous and oppose Satan and his work. In the process, let's pray for those trapped in its tentacles, even if they consider us enemies.
My Prayer...
Almighty God, make my heart pained by the evil in my world. Give me a holy revulsion to things opposed to your will and character. Yet Father, just as you redeemed me by grace, and rescued me while a captive to sin, give me courage to care about those who are in the Evil One's embrace. Through my Savior I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:21 pm
February 8
[Jesus said,] "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."
— Matthew 5:43-45 (NIV)

We often talk about the privileges of being a child of God -- forgiveness, salvation, a future in heaven with him, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and ultimate victory when Christ comes. One of the greatest privileges we get, however, is the opportunity to act toward those who dislike and hate us in a way that reflects the character of God himself. Anyone can return hate for hate, but it takes a child of God to return a blessing and a prayer for his or her enemies.
My Prayer...
Father, thank you for loving me when I was still an enemy to you. Thank you for risking the death of your Son to offer me the chance to accept or reject your love. As you have promised, please pour your love into my heart so I may love even my enemies as you have loved me. In the name of your ultimate Gift of love, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
February 9
We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.
— 2 Thessalonians 1:3 (NIV)

"Increase my faith, O, Lord." "Increase my strength." "Increase my wisdom." We often pray for these things, but when is the last time you thanked God for your love increasing? Can you think of anything more exciting to say about your church than to say, "The love every one of you has for each other is increasing!" Let's pray and act to make it so!
My Prayer...
Holy God, may your love so fill me that I can fully share love with those I meet each day. May this love grow and increase in me so that others may readily see its benefits and recognize that it is a direct response to the lavish love you have shared with me. Through the power of your Spirit, help my love increase! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:02 am
February 10
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
— 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NIV)

Love! In the week of Valentine's Day, we want to remember the real meaning of love. Without the motivation and expression of love, all "Christian" activities are more "activity" than Christian. Love is the expression of Christ's character and presence in our lives through deeds done for others. So don't get lost in the annual trip down sentimental lane. Too many of us forget the needed daily dose of love that so often gets lost in the grit of day-to-day relationships. Let's be loving year round and thus show ourselves to be Jesus' disciples. (cf. John 13:34-35)
My Prayer...
Loving Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your demonstration of love in Jesus. Help me to love as he did - selflessly, sacrificially, and consistently so others may know of your love through my actions. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm
February 11
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
— 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (NIV)

Love does not focus on me, but on others. Each of these qualities of love is based upon an affectionate, compassionate, and forgiving attitude that regards others as being valuable and not just placing value on me and my desires. No wonder the old saying goes "The middle of sIn is a big I!" When "I" become more important than others and what "I" want and that "I" win is more significant than what someone else truly needs, then "I" have lost my way and do not display the love of Christ.
My Prayer...
Holy God and Sacrificial Father, teach me to notice others and value them just as you do. I know you loved me when I was not lovable, and redeemed me when I was not worthy. Help me to take my eyes off myself and see others as you see them. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm
February 12
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
— 1 Corinthians 13:6-7 (NIV)

Always love - pretty tall order and pretty tough stuff. Only God is always. But then Christians are fueled to an always love through the Holy Spirit! Elsewhere, Paul tells us that "The love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Rom. 5:5) No wonder this love is always -- it is God's love, demonstrated by Jesus' sacrifice, and delivered by the Holy Spirit!
My Prayer...
Sweet and Glorious God on High, I humble myself before you recognizing your boundless power to love, the incredible need for love in the lives of those around me, and my limited ability to love. Please pour your Holy Spirit into my heart and fill me with the power to love as you do, always. In Jesus' sweet name I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:19 pm
February 13
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
— John 3:16 (NIV)

Did you know the Bible doesn't just say, "God loves you." Now don't let me confuse you. Scripture does tell us many times that God loves us. However, don't miss the important truth here. Each time Scripture tell us that God loves us, it also demonstrates that love as well. God's love is more than emotion and intention. God's love is demonstrated. God loved us so much he didn't just say, "I love you." God showed his by sending and sacrificing his Son to give us his incomparable love! We never have to doubt that God means what he says. He has backed up his promises of love with his actions.
My Prayer...
Loving and Almighty God, thank you for loving me. Thank you for both saying it and showing it. Please know, dear Father, I love you, too! Accept my words and actions today as a testimony to my love. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:52 pm
February 14
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
— John 13:34-35 (NIV)

How do you recognize Jesus' followers? How do you find Christians? Jesus said they love each other just as he loved the disciples. In the immediate context this means he is willing to give sacrificially and extravagantly by dying for them at the cross, and he is also willing to love selflessly and practically by washing their feet. His ministry reveals he will do almost anything in between extravagant and practical. Imagine if we all read the Gospels and committed to love each other in the same way Jesus showed his love to his disciples!
My Prayer...
Father of Compassion and God of all grace, I thank you for teaching me to love through the example of Jesus. May my words and actions reflect his love toward your people today, tomorrow, and until you bring us all home to you. In the name of Christ, my Great Example, I pray. Amen.

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff