Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Yuugiou Character Making-Fun-Of Topic Thingy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you over protective of your favorite character and will burn down this thread?
  Hell no! this is awesome!
  I like sammiches :3
View Results

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:57 pm
I still have my giftcard!! Meaning I found the fourth and final book at Y-con!!! You know what's even more awesome? The author, Ariel Tachna, signed it for me there. That's right, she was there!!! *so excited*. Apparently that's why they released it early, for Y-con (outside of Y-con you actually wouldn't find it until tomorrow). She and a bunch of other authors were there. I went back later and bought another book of short stories so she signed that again, and 3 of the other 4 authors who wrote stories for that collection signed as well. Title: Size Does Matter, I've been meaning to read it and glad I bought it - in audition to autographs it's apparently going out of print soon. It's almost extinct! (haha...browsing manga at another table earlier there was a sign labeling stuff as "extinct" and that's how they defined it, as out of print...I mean you think as long as copies exist extinct isn't exactly the right term but nah ^_~)

I was SUCH a space cadet though. Either they weren't there Saturday (or I TOTALLY missed them) so when I found the dreamspinner table today I was like, omg maybe it is here. And one of the gals was talking at me and I was just glancing around for my book, found it, asked how much it cost and then said I wanted it. Said gal asked if I liked it personalized and like an utter retard I said "how?" and she said "I'm Ariel!!" OMG TOTALLY KICKING MYSELF STILL BUT WOW!!! Anyhow she was really nifty, I think if it weren't for smex-tacular bishies that would have been my highlight of con. It's pretty damn up there.

Ok need to shut up because dinner is NOW! Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween, shall rant more later, tootles!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:45 pm
Yeah, if that's the case, I would just end up ordering online. o.o
I don't think I would mind having the iPod for books thing, since it would be convenient for titles that are hard to find in real life, or ones you don't mind not owning the actual printed version. But it's not something I would put much money towards; I seem to enjoy what I'm reading more when it's non-electronic anyway. I have adapted to enjoying manga almost as much online, but even still, I just bought a bunch of manga at Saboten, and it is just so much more relaxing to read it via book.
Though it's not a super big deal which order you read the two series, I would recommend Cain Saga first. Godchild does a good job of referring to Cain Saga and its events so you don't get confused, but it is still the first one, and they proceed in order. But I actually started with Godchild when it first came here, reading the first two volumes, then found out about Cain Saga, read all of that, then reread the first two volumes of Godchild, then finished with the volumes I hadn't read yet. I would've preferred if it was done in order, but Godchild wasn't at all confusing from lack of prequel. (though the author's writing style is just kind of confusing in general, and can be hard to follow, but as I've said, this wasn't as bad in Godchild as it was in Cain Saga).
Oh wow, that's awesome. XD Congratulations. I'm glad you had fun. <3 Had fun at Saboten as well, but it was really only because of the fellow anime fans there, and the fact that about 80% of the attendees were cosplaying! o.o Usually it's like a 50/50 ratio, right? But the actual convention... ugh. It was the most unorganized convention I had ever been to. Most of the panels sucked and they had mediocre guests. The hotel staff treated us like elementary school children, we had to buy specific tickets just to attend some events, and the people running the panels weren't provided with cables to hook their laptops up to projectors, and some of them weren't even told they had a panel! One guy said he found out at the last minute that his request for a panel had been accepted, and that was only because he looked at the event schedule. Worst con I have ever been to, so if you ever go to Arizona, don't go to Saboten. It was still a lot of fun though, shopping and meeting people and being with friends and having sleepovers and such.  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 pm
Exactly. Besides the pride and joy of my room are my bookshelves. I don't mind reading stuff on the comp but I would not like to read on my ipod or any equivalent type device. I want to see a full page spread out which I can get online but obviously not on that small of a screen (not in any font I can visually decipher anyhow).

I found volume 2 of Cain Saga in the library at Y-con but not 1 (I doubt they'd only have the middle so my guess is someone else had it), I decided to just reread volume 1 of YYH instead (that's the only volume I have read before, but it's been awhile so might as well start over) even though volume 1 of Godchild was there. I'll probably look for Cain Saga first then.

Glad you still had fun at such a disorganized con, I shall probably not look to go to Saboten. Yaoi-con was highly organized and the panels were great. I went to Flogging 101 which was epic, and a panel on yaoi positions (in which the wonderful beautiful bishies from the auction - ahh I wish I had hundreds to throw away on men, haha - stormed in and took over and showed us exactly how it's done, hahaha). The auction and the book signing were probably my highlights though. And yea the cosplay ratio was probably about 50/50 at this - however I wasn't really socializing as much this year I was trying to just do events and stuff that I can't do elsewhere, as this might be my last Y-con. I'm hoping to be in Europe by this time next year, which should be epic, but I'll totally miss this convention. Probably more than my friends (shhhhh, don't tell them that, ^_~).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:14 pm
Flogging 101, that's awesome. XD Yaoi Jam had a yaoi positions panel as well; I think they called it "Assuming the Position" or something funny like that. XD That's so awesome what happened at yours though. I definitely want to go some day, as Yaoi Jam, while wonderful, was far smaller, and seemed to be only a one-time thing. Stupid conservative Arizona not giving them enough business... Hope you get to Europe! =D What country?  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:01 pm
Yea Y-con is awesome, and attracts people from across the country - plus it's in the SF (San Francisco ^_~) area so conservative is pretty much the exact opposite of the mentality here.

Well most of the schools I'm applying to are in England, one of them is in Scotland. So the UK is my aim, at least for school and residence. I hope to travel around while I'm there though.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm
Waaah, sounds awesome!
If you end up in Scotland, go ahead and tell me; one of my best friends is from Scotland, so she could probably give you some advice on how to adapt there. XD  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:24 pm
Doesn't it? I hope it ends up being awesome, I have a friend in London and a friend in Milan (and a friend of a friend who I'm fairly friendly with in Germany) so at least I won't be too alone. I'll also have a friend in Holland for a bit, though she'll be heading back here pretty soon after I get over there. *needs to get out of the country*

And yea I'll keep ya posted, Birmingham and Durham are probably my first choices, but St. Andrews is probably my third so if I don't get into B or D or better financial options pan out with SA (assuming I get in there) that shall be where I go.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm
I know a girl from Sweden, but I really only hung out with her when she was hear as an exchange student. I think I still have her contact information though, and she knows English really well. And you can always stalk LittleKuriboh! As long as he's around, you're never alone. XD  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:16 pm
That's true, maybe I can kidnap him and force him to do nothing but crank out more TAS day and night!!!

ninja MUWHAHAHA!!! ninja

Mkay maybe not, that'd be a bit cruel, I'd probably get arrested, and it might hurt the creative process - but ah I can dream wink .  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 pm
LittleKuriboh slave is win. XD  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:45 pm
And when they arrest me that's what I'm going to say, Kits told me to do it!!!

lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:32 am
H-hey, wait a minute! D:  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:56 pm
HAHAHAHAHA, oh I'm totally just kidding...or am I? *shifty eyes*

rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 pm
Dun dun DUN!!!  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm
...............*stares blankly*...........I'm not sure if it's taboo, but who's got da bigger ego? Kaiba or Jack Atlas?  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff