Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
The Xavier Legion - Open - Need Players Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sound Interesting?
Yes.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Maybe So.
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Gold!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm

As Kata starts to go up the stairs after she'd come back down, McKaela motions toward him, "N-no, don't, she's not--" she yelps as Nico comes into view. Surely she would want to know exactly what McKaela was talking about. But she couldn't even formulate a solid word, muttering something incoherent and rubbing her ankles together nervously, trembling visibly.

When Nico's eyes meet hers, McKaela quickly averts her gaze. She didn't see the poor girl's look of disappointment. But at the mention of borrowing clothing from Alma, she snerks, burying her nose further into her paws. "Y-y-y'look d-damn good," McKaela mumbles, the proof, almost as red as her face, was now dripping into her paws and running down her wrists. Hopefully Nico wouldn't take this as sarcasm, as she really meant it. If Alma had been wearing that when she first met him, she may have reacted about the same way.

Of course, Nico steps toward her, and asks her name. McKaela's eyes widen, and she sputters out, "Uh... M-McKaela... excuse me a sec..." Nico had already left a mess on the floor for Alma to clean up... now McKaela would try to prevent more. Up to the bathroom, crunching broken glass under her boots, she grabs some toilet paper and stuffs some of it into her nose, throwing her head back while trying to locate the faucet with her paws, ending up sticking her paws in some of the fallen mirror shards instead of turning the thing on. The others would hear a loud yelp from upstairs, followed by the sound of running water, masking curses.

It takes her a few minutes, but McKaela finally comes back down. While her white paws were stained pinkish from the blood that refused to come off, she managed to clean up well enough in one of the chunks of mirror that was left barely hanging on the wall. She was still blushing, but she seemed at least a bit more calm now. "Sorry about that... uh..." She clears her throat, offering her paw to Nico. "I'm Mistress McKaela Kaiyou, High Commander of the Xavier Legion." If this was the great High Commander, maybe it was time to worry about the sanity of the rest of the members of the Legion as well. "And I think it suits you, j-just so ya know." She motions shyly to the suit, though glancing away.

Time for a quick subject change, she glances to the trail of blood she'd left behind despite her best efforts... then shakes her head. Maybe they should get to cleaning this mess up before Alma had to deal with it. However, still plenty flustered, McKaela manages not to say another word, just sitting back down on the couch, defeated.

Once the task is finished, and Alma is all stitched up, Aluna removes the gauze and cleans up the wounds. They'd heal fine, and shouldn't leave a scar. "Why were ya late, anyhow? On yer first day," she adds with a sneer. Apparently she would be a hell of a boss. "I'ma give ya one more chance, an' if yer late again, I'll forcibly remove those from ya, an' I won't be patchin' ya back up, y'hear me?" She crosses her arms, glaring bullets at him. "Now, I'm not workin' tomorrow, so come in on Monday. As for t'day, go home, you've already missed yer chance." First day of work, utter failure. Monday ought to be better. But Aluna was throwing Alma back into the lion's pit, it seemed.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:14 am

Oh, good, she was fine. That still didn't explain what the crash was.
Gwen was no longer hiding behind Kata's leg as Nico addresses the two of them. Kata simply nods a yes, and Gwen smiles.
"Yeah." she says timidly.

As Nico turns to McKaela, the fox started formulating his own theories of what happened upstairs. Maybe Nico slipped out of the bathtub and crashed into the mirror. He shakes his head. No no, then her face would be bleeding, or would it? Maybe she took the impact with her hands instead, that would add another reason for her gloves besides style.

He snaps out of his thoughts to notice Gwen was over with the other two, examining Nico without getting too close, and curiously tilting her head at McKaela, who was now stuttering something about how nice Nico looked. Yeah, the clothes did look really nice on her, but what was McKaela's problem?

Then, the nose bleed.
A devilish grin crawls across his mug as he narrows his eyes at McKaela. "Ohhh, I get it." he says in a tease. "You saw her... Haha, oh wow."

He decides to leave it at that while Gwen was in earshot, stepping to the side as McKaela brushes past him back upstairs.
A yelp from upstairs makes the fox press his hand against his face.
He chuckles into his palm. They haven't even left the house yet and already there were issues. Gwen was right back on the couch, her hands in her lap as she snuck peeks at Nico when she wasn't looking.

Smiling at Nico, Kata folds his arms, his grin now down to just a smirk. "That's seven years of bad luck, you know."
Though by looking at her, he could guess that she'd probably already had enough bad luck for one lifetime.

McKaela comes back down and gives Nico a more professional introduction, despite still looking like she was about to squeal.

When they're done, Kata breaks the silence before it has a chance to happen. "Anyways..."

He steps towards the front door. Gwen gave Nico one last glance, then hops off the couch to follow him.
"We should probably get going." he says as his hand meets the doorknob. He sure as hell didn't wanna stick around and clean up, even though he didn't even know just how much damage was done.

Pausing, the fox looks over his right shoulder slightly. "Coming?" he asks to know one in particular.

Katakeome

Samiur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 am

"Family reunion, we started with a rather blunt introduction. Plenty of punch and milk, No cookies though." He shakes his head. "Tsk tsk, What a shame." These words come out with an odd serious tone.

She warned him not to be late again or she would tear the beads out again. He coulden't help but appriceate the cleverness of this threat. as she glared ah him he returned the look with what seemed to be a look of boredom. He was infact paying attention, but he was feeling a bit woozy and lightheaded. at least she seemed reasonable. Sure shes a b***h, but a b***h that's put up with enough that she stayed calm most of the time. Which presents an odd thought, because that means that the so called "Bitchiness" doesn't draw from anger. But instead it draws from either the desire to be so, or the experience that such actions produce the most effective results. Alma thought it was likely a little of both.

He slides off the bed "No can do boss, I came here to work. and whether or not i get paid to do it, that's what I'm going to do." Hitting her with the best and most trusty weapon in his arsenal, he flashes a small but brilliant smile."Now, is there anything that needs to be done?"

Alma knew this was a risky move, but he was willing to take the gamble. Either one, she would explode on him. This option seemed the most likely. Two, She would appreciate his good work ethic. A thing which he did indeed have. or Three, She would put him to work at a menial and demeaning task hoping he would learn a lesson from it. He would not. Thinking deeper into his previous encounters with this woman he formulated a fourth option, She would act as if she respected the stand as in option two, then later pull a one or three after he was reassured she was pleased with him. She had no doubt thought of every one of these options and perhaps more, It seems that it would all come down to what she saw in him. She hired him for a reason, he didn't doubt that. whether or not she would admit it.

Calmly he peered down at her. Maintaining his smile without waver, Silently wondering whether the ball would land on red or black.

----------------

Nico stands confused wondering what Kata meant when he said that McKalea had seen her, Seen her do what?Only after McKalea retreated to the bathroom and returned without asking any questions of the mirror did she piece it together.

As she introduces herself Nico balls up her fist and begins trembling, her head tilted down so the brim of the fedora hides her eyes from sight. Nico ignores the offer for a handshake. but the thing that pushed her off the edge was the compliment, the sincerity of those words were wasted to her swell of anger.

She stands trembling for a few moments, loosing a battle to keep her temper under control. after Kata asks if anyone is coming with him something in the mouse's mind finally snaps. she pulls off the fedora and throws it to the floor.

"Why the hell would you do something like that?! I asked you to wait not to come peep on me!! Then you throw a phony compliment at me hoping ill just scoot it aside?!

She storms out of the room in a flurry, Walking out the door and slamming it ahead of the fox.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:07 pm

McKaela tilts her head as her offered paw goes unaccepted. Her ears lower, maybe Nico was upset at her? But she ran away as quickly as she possibly could after seeing her, no way Nico could have caught her. "Um?" McKaela raises her paw a bit higher, maybe Nico couldn't see it past the rim of her hat. She doesn't even seem to notice the trembling.

Then suddenly Nico stars yelling at her, and McKaela's eyes widen. Instinctively, she raises her paws in front of her, palms toward Nico defensively, stepping back and ending up falling into the couch. "What, I--b-but I didn't mean--I was only--!" Before she can even explain herself, Nico has burst out the door. McKaela takes only a moment to glance to Kata and Gwen as if to ask them what the hell just happened before she shakes her head and runs for the door herself. "Wait, Nico!"

...She's quick. Just a few steps out the door, McKaela grabs the girl by her wrist. "Wait a sec, I didn't mean to... we heard the crash upstairs an' I came up to see if you were alright! I was about to knock but then you came out... I guess you didn't see me. I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" Strange, McKaela managed to say a few whole sentences without slurring her words. She'd almost completely dropped her Irish accent, too. "And I really mean it, you look nice." She blushes, letting her go and stepping back, but eyes still locked on the girl. Never had she made a more sincere face in her life... she must have actually been telling the truth.

"Family reunion?" Aluna repeats, shaking her head. Maybe it was a valid reason, but she still didn't care for it. Indeed, Alma's assumptions about Aluna's bitchiness were correct, but surely she had a soft side somewhere? And what of the obvious tension between her and McKaela?

"Fine," Aluna grumbles, shaking her head. "If ya gotta work, then work." To the question of what needed doing, Aluna motions lightly to the exit to the room. "Get yourself acquainted with the lab, memorize where everything is. There are a few inaccessible rooms, those belonging to myself and Veritas." Did Veritas live in the lab? Likely not, it was probably there for her safety, which might explain the information Aluna gave Alma about the lockdown of the laboratory. "Feel free to draw out a map or somethin' if ya want," she shrugs, mumbling something to herself and going back to what she'd been doing when Alma walked in. At least she didn't explode on him. She didn't seem to give a s**t about his work ethic, though, nor did she put him to a difficult task... it was actually a rather good idea that he learn where things were located.

Aside from the machinery that Alma may have noticed in the lab, he would also find interesting rooms. One was dedicated to creepy battle clones that appeared to be from McKaela's genetics, another seemed to be an arena of some sort enclosed in a glass room with a control panel on the outside that controlled the gravity, and yet another appeared to be an incredible simulation machine that could be programmed to allow the user to do or see anything they wanted. There was a common theme, though... computers everywhere. Not a single room didn't have expensive-looking computers or supercomputers, and many had multiple!

Whenever Alma comes to the room that he'd met Aluna in, he may notice that the twins he'd seen weren't in their tubes now. When he turns to leave, they are instead standing in the doorway, hand-in-hand, giggling at him. "Are you new?" they both say at once, "because mommy doesn't take kindly to strangers wandering around." Mommy? Did they mean Aluna? Whether or not they knew that Alma was supposed to be here and Aluna had allowed him to explore, they seemed to be aiming to scare him in some way. The one on the left looks most like Aluna, white with black markings and pink hair and eyes, while the one on the right seems to be an exact opposite of the other, black with white markings and pink hair and eyes. In a way, they seemed to be a lot like yin and yang.

McKaela Kiama

Katakeome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Before he could walk out the door, Nico throws another fit, then barrels past him. And before he could object, Mckaela chases after her, nearly knocking the fox over if he hadn't of jumped out of her way.
taking in a deep breath, he lets it out in a harsh sigh, muttering something under his breath. "Wah-wah-wah. Alma certainly wasn't this bad."
Afterwards, he wondered if they were even related.

Gwen had already cleared the path by the time Nico started for the door. Treading carefully away from the scene of the dispute, something black caught her attention from the corner of her eye. Nico's pinstripe fedora lay lopsided on the floor, as if it were sad to have been tossed down like it was. Ignoring the others, Gwen glides over to it, snatching it up and eyeing it like a curiously shaped new toy that held no purpose other than decoration. With a flick of her wrist, the hat is tossed on her head. Like the sweatshirt, It was a tad too big for her, dropping down just over her eyes, which only added to the cuteness.

With her new hat, she trots back over to Kata, who was now more than a few paces away from the door with a hand shoved into his pocket. He looks down at her. Gwen's adorableness never failed to make him smile, even now, and when he smiled, she smiled.
With his free hand, he pats her on the head, then takes a step past her.
Curiously sneaking towards the door, Gwen pushes up on the brim of her new fedora to get a better look at the two. Another step, and Nico spots her, causing Gwen to back out of sight with a blush. Nico seemed mad enough already, Gwen didn't want to attract attention to herself, especially wearing the mouse's hat.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Alma stands amused at her response, he hadn't thought that she absolutely wouldn't give a damn. But he kept his guard up, she was clever.

He passed the simulation chamber and was tempted to try it out but he decided he liked reality just fine, a self led tour of possibly the finest science center ever built. Whats not to like? After about an hour by himself he finds the room he had met Aluna in.

The two standing before him hand in hand. They looked pretty well the same save for markings. He sighed internally but kept a light smile on his face. Was this the counter strike he was waiting for? Speaking in unison they eyed him over.

They probably had uncannily similar names too, they always do. Alma was relatively sure that they already knew who he was, but were acting like they didn't for their own amusement. "If i wasn't supposed to be here i doubt i could have gotten this far." He looks around the room at several of the dangerous goodies that occupied the working areas. "Wouldn't you agree?"

----------------------

Before she could get down the steps McKaela had stopped her. Nico stood still for a few moments before ultimately pulling her hand free leaving a glove and bloody rag in Mckaela's hand as a result. she wore an expression stuck somewhere between anger and regret.

She couldn't very well be angry at someone for being concerned about her, could she? Alma didn't seem to care all that much. She takes a seat on the steps without a word. Deciding to act as if she hadn't heard the comment about how well she looked, because she didn't know how to respond to such a thing. "I'm An idiot" She says quietly while watching the blood drip from her now exposed knuckle.

Samiur

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 pm

McKaela was surprised to see Nico pull away, but she still felt something in her paw. Left behind was a bloodied rag inside of her glove. She loosens her grip on it, but continues to hold it.

Nico makes her way over and seats herself on the steps, defeated, and McKaela turns to her and smiles lightly. "No yer not. I'm sure you've got a reason fer bein' that way." Her accent and barely coherent form of talking returned. "An' I know I can't blame ya. I'da prob'ly been pissed too." She kneels down next to Nico, glancing up to catch Gwen peeking out the door again, wearing Nico's fedora. McKaela's smile widens ever-so-slightly, and she sighs, shaking her head. Without a word, she motions to Gwen to come here, making sure she knew to keep the hat on her head.

When Gwen arrives, McKaela takes her by the shoulders and turns her around to face Nico. "I think you dropped this." She motions to the hat on the cute little kitten's head. Was she attempting to make Nico smile? "And this," she says as she offers her the glove with the bloodied towel inside of it. She made sure to brush her paw up against Nico's in the process, though... the wound immediately stopping bleeding and healing up. No scar would be left behind this time.

She stands up, looking down at them, then up at Kata. Poor guy, he looked like he wanted to kick himself. But smile widens ever further, now starting to look slightly sadistic, given the fact that her sharp fangs were now bared. "Coming?" she winks at the fox, having imitated the last thing he'd said to them. "We should give Nico a tour or somethin'. Or is there somethin' you'd rather do, hon?" She'd let Nico decide... perhaps she was hungry or wanted to do something fun.

The twins just frown to each other, then to Alma. "He's a smart guy, Asora," the white one on the left says.

"Yeah, Arosa... guess that means he's supposed to be here," the other mumbles to her sister.

For a couple moments, they turn to each other and whisper. Their previous plan had failed, so they had to make a new one. It doesn't take them long to turn back to Alma and grin widely, both happily saying together, "We should play a game! Mother may not have told you, but you have to keep us entertained when you're not on the job." Probably best to confirm with Aluna, but the twins won't let Alma pass. "Nuh uh, we're going to help you learn where things are."

The white one steps toward Alma, tugging on a sleeve. "I'm Arosa, I'll be hiding somewhere that glows green." She nods, then turns to her sister, giggling before running off to hide.

"You have to find her first," the other says, "I'm Asora, I'll be hiding somewhere that glows red!" She smiles cutely, curtsies, and runs off to hide as well.

Finding Arosa should be simple... the only room that Alma had seen that glowed green was the room with all the battle clones. But he had yet to discover a part of the lab that glowed red...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

She hesitated at first, but she trusted her brother, he wouldn't let anything happen to her while she was in his sight.
Timidly walking over to a smiling McKaela, Gwen thinks about taking off the hat and offering it to Nico, but maybe Nico didn't want it. After all, she did toss it on the floor.

"I think you dropped this."

Gwen blushes lightly, changing her mind at McKaela's words, and taking the hat off. She holds onto it for a few more seconds then holds it up to the mouse.
Now that her vision was clear, she saw the blood dripping off Nico's paw. She was about to ask what happened when she remembered the event that started this whole mess.

Kata keeps quiet, his hands now secured in their usual places in his front pockets. Blue eyes watch the three from behind black lenses. His ear twitches as he catches a glimpse of McKaela brushing her paw against Nico's, his tail flicks nervously as she then directs her attention up at him.
"Coming?" she asked in her usual toothy grin, winking at him.
He returns her smile, although with a few less teeth.
"Yeah."

Closing the door behind him, the fox nods softly to Nico as she readjusts the hat back on her head. He hops off the steps and takes a few paces towards the walkway, then spins around back towards the others, one hand on his hip and the other brushing the back of his neck. Gwen nods again at Nico then hops off after him.

Katakeome

Samiur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:35 am

After the two run off decideing to use Alma as their new plaything he tilts his head back an laughs. So he was to entertain them when he wasen't on the job? This statement was extremely doubtfull. even if it were true Aluna told him to work subsequently she told him to explore the lab. So even if it diden't seem like much work, He was Indeed on the job. Which meant even if their statment were true, it would be void to his current dutys.

Alma smirks. "A room that glows red huh?" He haden't been anywhere like that yet. Casually he walks into an area of the lab he haden't yet explored. If he found the red room he would take a small amount of time to look for whichever it was that he was supposed to be looking for, the black one.

---------------------

She appreciated McKaela's attempt to cheer her up, but she hadn't smiled in quite some time. Taking the glove back she crammed it back on her hand with the rag. Not even noticing that she had been healed.

Nico was slow to react to the kitten's offering of her fathers hat. with sluggish movements she places it back on her head. Adjusting it so that she could hide most of her face from veiw with the shadows it cast and her own hair.

With a drawn out sigh she glances over her left shoulder. "I....uhh....I really don't know, is there anything you would suggest Mistress McKaela?" These words come out in a bit of a sad tone with a decently long pause before the word "Mistress".
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 pm

McKaela nods lightly as Nico takes the hat back. It completed her rather nice-looking outfit. Her toothy grin fades into a frown when Nico addresses her as Mistress. "Me friends can call me McKaela. Or whatever ya like. Kae, Kaela, MK, Kael," she trails off, deciding naming off all the nicknames people have given her over the years may not be wise. "Anyway, ya don't have t'call me Mistress."

Back on subject, "Hmmm, I dunno. Tours are borin', but we've got a pool an' stuff." She looks over the girl... from what little she could see of her face, she was scarred all to hell, and she'd seen most of her body at one point. She probably wasn't the type to get in a bikini and go swimming. Regardless the thought makes her blush a bit, before she decides to suggest something else, "There's all sorts of stuff t'do. We've got uh... bars?" Suggesting things you like might not be the best idea. "Shopping in town, good food, pool tables, arcades..." She shakes her head. "But that's all out in town. Here we've just got the pool, the wrestling and weight rooms, and the basketball court. And a stadium if ya like t'spar or somethin'. Oh, and there's a shooting range somewhere 'round here too... then again we could just set somethin' up at the Legion airport." Hm. "What d'ya think, Kata?"

As Alma approaches the dark, unused portions of the lab, where light bulbs had burnt out, cobwebs had gathered, and older equipment had been stored, he spots a few small gaps between machines that red light emanated from. He must have been in the right area, but where's the entrance?

From inside this room, which he could see through the cracks had all black equipment, unlike the rest of the white laboratory, he could faintly hear sounds of someone yelling. "I told you... you shouldn't be here, Aso... get out of my lab!" There were gaps in between where bits of conversation was lost to the distance they were at and sounds of computers and other machines.

Progressing further toward the sound, he would hear, a bit more clearly, Asora's response to the male, "No, I'm not leaving, you can't make me!"

"Watch me, kiddo," the voice mutters, "this part of the lab is off limits. Just because I opened the door doesn't mean you can enter."

"Someone has to find me, don't make me a liar, Setne!" Asora pouts.

"You've told someone to COME here?! Are you insane?! It's bad enough that you and your ******** know I'm here, but if Aluna or someone else finds out about it, it won't turn out well... especially for the both of you," he growls.

Up ahead, Alma would see Asora suddenly shoved out of the room by a pair of silver-coloured paws. "But Setne--oh, he's here!" Before Alma has a chance to respond, or run away, Asora runs up and grabs him by the wrist (which still stung from his recent 'surgery'), dragging him toward the lab. "You found me!"

This must have been some sort of a trap. Asora knew this place was off limits and still dragged him here. From the darkness, the grey canine steps out, golden eyes glowing eerily in the darkness, the one on the left lacking a pupil. They set upon Alma. "So you dragged one of Aluna's lackeys here," Setne growls. "He must be new, I haven't seen him around."

"Uh huh!" Asora didn't seem to care what kind of punishment Setne would provide her, or him for that matter, but she shoves Alma toward him regardless.

"Well then," Setne says with an insincere smile, "I should be hospitable." He bows slightly, motioning toward the door he'd just come from. "Please, come in, have a seat. Let's talk, perhaps business matters." Even if Alma declined, Setne would make him enter, and behind him, the door would close. Asora had been locked out... and while she was annoying and got him in this situation in the first place, Alma would probably feel that being alone here was not a good thing. "I am Setne Kaiyou." No fancy titles, perhaps he wanted to hide who or what he was. "And you, sir?"

McKaela Kiama

Katakeome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 pm

What did he think? He thought he was only coming over for a short and sweet visit with Alma, not taking Alma's temperamental sister on a tour of the fortress.

He stares at McKaela blankly for a few seconds, then shrugs. "That's not up to me, Milady, I'll follow with whatever you guys decide to do."
Not like he had anything better on his agenda. If he had to choose anywhere to go at this moment, he would have likely picked the shooting range in a heartbeat, or maybe he could find Zander somewhere and spar hand to hand with him in the stadium.
The stadium... ugh.
They did that often, he didn't mind the stadium so much anymore, what's passed has passed. Even still, he tried avoiding it whenever possible.
This wasn't his trip however, it was Nico's. Kata taps his claws against his leg, trying to think of something else to say.
"I've never really... been to the city that much though." He hesitated for a moment, as if unsure if he should bring it up or not. "But, I don't really care."

Gwen looks up at him, and he redirects McKaela's question to her with a glance. "What do you think, Gwen? Anywhere you wanna go?"
She only replies with a shrug and a light shake of her head.

The fox sighs, "Oh well, no use just standin' around, right? Let's just go somewhere. If anyone gets a better idea, we'll go there. Simple enough, right? Unless there's something in particular that she wants to see." A quick motion is made to Nico "What d'ya think Nico?"
McKaela's question managed to make a full circle before landing on the mouse.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Setne, Alma knew the name. A legend amongst the Anti-Legion, But this didn't seem to be the person that was described to him. Ahh it must be a trick. Aluna was crafty. Well if she could have fun then so could he.

Removing his lab coat and handing it to Asora before stepping into the door, His dockers clutch as well as the pistol in clear view, He tilts his head down and leans back only slightly with his hands in his pockets. "Blaire" he smirks and raises his eyes to his host. "Blaire Caliph Abdoe." How he wished for a fedora to take off or a cigar to light at this moment.

Blaire was a decently high up individual in the Russian mafia, a crime syndicate that was rumored to have pretty well rooted links with the Anti-Legion. But Alma didn't know that. He joined the Resistance for his own reasons. and now he was simply imitating his childhood hero as best he could, and was doing a fine job at it.

His voice carried a small hint of a Brooklyn accent. "Now you said you wanted to discuss 'Bidness?" He cocks his head slightly. "Ya see I'm a rather busy individual, but i think i can make time for the one and only Setne. The big boss himself." He raises his arm and draws it across his field of vision, as if trying to convince an actor that they could be the next big hit. "What was it that you needed?"

----------------

Food sounded good. She hadn't had good meal in a couple of years. And she probably should get some clothes. though she had no money, and it sounded as Alma was about the same. The only way she got to Guadalupe from Russia was a kind man Named Elizer. And the only way she got here from Guadalupe to here was because she beat the flying fee out of Owen.

Nico stands with a sigh. These people were either incredibly kind leaving every choice up to her, or incredibly apathetic. "Okay... I guess we should go into town then? I ought know where things are....I can't borrow Alma's clothes forever." She looks down at herself. "so how are we going to get there?" She didn't Plan to mention the fact that she had absolutely no money.

Samiur

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 pm

McKaela grunts to Kata. Damn it all, why did he turn the question around like that? Ah well, currently the only person whose opinion mattered was Nico anyway. She nods as Nico suggests going to town. "Works for me, I figure we could go to the mall, cuz I dunno what kinda clothes you would wear... they oughtta have somethin' for everyone." She glances to Gwen. "She prolly needs some clothes too. I don't even think those've been washed but once since ya gave 'em to 'er." She sticks out her tongue and wrinkles her nose.

To the question of how they'd get there, McKaela grins wildly. "I can drive us," she says simply, wagging her tail. Kata had experienced it, surely he would object to that suggestion. But he'd better object quickly, because McKaela had motioned for them to follow her and she was already on her way back to the mansion.

Setne seats himself in a chair opposite Alma, folding his paws and watching him quietly. To each word, Setne gave him a nod, while not breaking eye contact. "Blaire Caliph Abdoe," Setne repeats. Familiar name. "If I'm not mistaken, you're a member of a certain... organization." From what he'd heard about the mafia, though he'd never gotten directly involved with them, calling them the mafia to one of them generally wasn't good for one's health. Perhaps Alma wouldn't know what he meant, however. "I would have imagined you to be much older," he speaks lightly, words well-chosen and calm, laced with cyanide.

"Regardless," he says with a shake of his head and a dismissive motion of his paw, "let's get to what you came here for." He stands, walking over to a table next to a computer console, grabbing a piece of paper a few down in a large stack of them. "I'd like to ask you, Mr... Blaire... what you're doing in a restricted top secret area of the Xavier Legion?" Better yet, what was he doing here? He was a powerful member of the Rebellion, he shouldn't have been welcome in a place like this, even if he was McKaela's son.

With a smirk, he begins reading the paper before him, "Nico, what a pretty name. And Alma and Owen. They sound like strapping young men." He glances over his shoulder, tapping the paper with the opposite hand as he held it with. "I'm sure your... children... are wonderful." What was he getting at? After a long pause, Setne goes on, "So, Alma, more lies or shall I ignore this background check that Aluna ran on you before you were able to enter the laboratory to start your work?" He grins. He couldn't have looked more deadly while remaining so calm and cool.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Kata returns Mckaela's grunt with a kid like smirk, which fades as soon as Gwen is mentioned. He scratches his head. "Ahh... that's right."
Smiling again, he looks up at McKaela, "I completely forgot, now would be a good time to do that, huh?" Actually, weeks ago would have been a good time, now it was just ridiculous. "Heh, sorry Gwen." he says, giving the kitten an apologetic look. She hides a giggle under the sleeve of her hoodie. "Hehe, that's okay. I guess I could use some new clothes, I don't wanna take up yours forever, after all." Gwen sticks her tongue out at him. Speaking of clothes, Kata should use the opportunity to buy some for himself too. He only had a few select outfits that he brought from home to tidy him over, to which he usually wore a dress shirt with a long black vest. Sleeves rolled up to his elbows and tied off with tiny belts. With that and his casual black jeans, it was a matter of preference over style, but it wouldn't hurt to have more of a selection.

Yeah, maybe this was going to be a good day after all.
"I can drive us."
The brick of those words smacked him across the face, leaving a frown.

All eyes are on the fox as he dashes ahead of Mckaela, throwing his arms up innocently. "W-wait! maybe that...."
Nico gave him a look of boredom, Gwen a look of confusion, and McKaela had a devilish gleam in her eyes to compliment her evil grin.
Kata sighs, rubbing the back of his head. "Uhg... why do I bother. Just don't kill anyone, a'ight?" Who knows what made him say that? Perhaps because walking would have undoubtedly taken forever, or maybe he was just giving Miss Kaiyou a second chance. His words are left without objection, leaving Nico and Gwen to wonder what exactly he means by 'don't kill anyone'.

Regardless, they all follow McKaela back to the mansion, occasionally passing small talk amongst themselves. Although Gwen wasn't near as shy around Nico as she was earlier, it was Kata who popped the question which had been floating on all of their minds since they met the mouse. "So, Nico. You've got an interesting collection of battle scars there. Got any stories to tell?"
Before his words could get him into too much trouble again, he follows the comment with an apology, "Err, sorry, I didn't mean offense."
This had gotten Gwen's attention, who now faced Nico with wide, curious eyes.

Katakeome

Samiur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Alma smirks and drops the act. "Now where is the fun if you don't play along?" he shakes his head lightly. "now Let's say Hypothetically you ARE who you claim to be. aaannnd lets say that i may know of you and your reputation." Folding one leg over the other he continues.

" Mr. Setne the legion is at a point the were i could be killed for simply talking to you. So you would think that there would be some kind of greeting, Maybe a secret handshake?"
He holds his hand out which goes ignored. "no? Maybe a password, somthing oddly off or different? like Pony-platypus except not so lame." he tilts his head from side to side. "What to do what to do?"

----------------

"Kill anyone?" Nico asked Gwen. a question that was returned with a shrug. As they walked down the frozen streets Nico began to find herself enjoying the small talk with the others. When The fox asks about her scars her mood takes a dive. It was a reminder of how out of place she was. he apologies for the intrusion but she figures now that it's been asked once it will eventually be asked again.

"I-....Uhh...."
She readjusts her hat so that she can hide her scarred face a little more. "Well, Mother Russia has a reputation of being an unforgiving country. Especially when you go poking around in certain "Organizations" business. The more violent of the organizations. Next thing you know they have locked you in a cell in a dank basement and they-." She cuts herself short, her eye begining to get a moist.

She swallows hard. "I-I'm sorry." Her voice cracks "I really don't want to talk about it just now. A-ask me again another time." She sounds as if she has something stuck in her throat. There are no more words from her for the rest of the way to the mansion.
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff