Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
I'm Gonna Be The Mane Event! : Updated! 8/8/10 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:14 pm
The current task is: Skyfishing in Tesarel!

This is the first task for the second round, for which we already had the question (which was how your character liked to travel around).

Here follow some additional words from the post on the first page of this very thread, about suggestions for the current task:

"Go get some flying fish! Use a pole or other method to pull a tasty fish down from the skies around the mountainsides of Tesarel! Feel free to make up fun things like unique lures, bait, fishing methods, fishing lore and superstitions, and/or new kinds of airborne fish!
((remember to use a scale of 1-10, with a dice roll or random number to determine your success))"

And again, I apologize for the long delay in getting things here going again.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm
Next Task:
Target Practice!

Timeframe: Tuesday-Thursday of this week

Here follows a quote from the Tesarel RP thread:
"So, yes... the next task requires you to make some kind of attempt to hit your target! Use whatever weapon you so desire, whether it's darts, horseshoes, shotput, a standard bow or crossbow, dinner plates, sparrows..."  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 pm
btw, I have so far been rolling for people who miss out on it, but I'm not giving any guarantees as to whether I will keep doing so after this round of Tasks, unless people specifically ask me to roll on their behalf when they are unable to do so for themselves.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm
Hereby awarding one bonus point to Sithious for his RPing for the Skyfishing, I think it works pretty well for how an upper-class person like himself might go about such a sport.
(not that the others weren't good, because I liked them too).
Now I just want to know how it turns out.

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:28 pm
Results for the Second Round, First Task: Skyfishing!

Gracesan (Sousha)----9
BlazingDan (Batim)----10
Lord Sithious----8+1 bonus
Fuzzy Mitten Mistress (Rooj)----5
Eveangelen (Eve)----2
Naris_Malem (Tassia)----5
Faulty (Sir Madam)----9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:26 am
Official Notice:

The Third Task of this Second Round,
will be a team sport.

Each contestant will roll individually, which we'll say is how many goals that character scored, and is also (as always) the points the contestant gets for the Task.

Additionally... the players on each team will have their scores added, and whichever team has the highest composite score, each player on that team will be awarded 1 bonus point for the Task.

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 am
I want to officially note here, that I arrived at this assignment of teams for this next task, by sorting the contestants in alphabetical order by RPer usernames...
and then counted off, putting every other person on either the first or second team.

((And yes, because we only have seven contestants, the character Eri will be playing on one of the teams, to make 8 players, 4 to a side.))

Therefore, the teams are as follows:

First Team:
BlazingDan--Batim
Faulty Ambition--Sir Madam
Gracesan--Sousha
Naris_malem--Tassia

Second Team:
Eveangelen--Eve
Fuzzy Mitten Mistress--Rooj
Lord Sithious
Vincent deVars--Eri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:39 am
Round Two, Second Task: Target Practice
Results...

BlazingDan (Batim)----5
Gracesan (Sousha)----3
Eveangelen (Eve)----4
Fuzzy (Rooj)----10
Naris_Malem (Tassia)----6
Sithious----7 9
Faulty (Sir Madam)----2

edit: sithious' roll was updated because he rolled for himself after I had rolled for him. I'll let it stand because there had been some confusion over it.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 am
Third Task of the Second Round has been announced in the Tesarel RP thread!

There's also notes about it on the first page of this thread, in the "guidelines/suggestions for the current task" post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 pm
Official Announcement:

The following is a verbatim copy of a PM sent out to all Mane Event contestants on Friday, April 16 of 2010.

It is being posted here so that even if for some reason someone did not get the PM, it will still be accessible to them here.

Read this between April 16 and April 23!
Dear Contestants:
I keep checking up on the event RP, and it always seems to me that there are contestants who have rolled and may or may not have worked on RPing their rolls, and also people who have asked questions and answers have been posted, but they have not posted anything since then. And I have been having difficulty figuring out which of you are finished RPing for the current task, and which of you are not planning on doing anything more and are just waiting for the next thing.
I really really don’t like to leave people behind, but we need to move forward with the contest anyway.
So, here follows some announcements about the contest, please read over them all.

1. I do not have time to update everything AND also send out PMs to everyone, every time we start a new task or question. That is what the contest announcement thread is for. Please plan on checking that thread and the RP at least once a week. I always post notes in both places about different parts of the contest beginning and ending, and I regularly check them for new posts. I also make sure that all awarded points are noted in the contest announcement thread. I will probably still send out PMs if there is an important non-routine announcement such as a change in location for the RP, but plan on keeping yourself updated as much as you can, please please please.

2. I will be putting a note into the title of the contest announcement thread which will state when there have been important updates.

3. We will be keeping to the schedule, even if that means some people might be left behind and miss out on opportunities to get points. The schedule allows for one week in which to answer each Question, followed by one week which will have three (3) Tasks to complete, followed by another week for the next Question, and so on alternating. And considering the total amounts of points we’re dealing with, missing a Task here or there should not be all that big of a thing to be concerned over, just hit as many as you can.

4. The next round will start next week. You have until I update things on Monday April 19, to finish RPing for the polo game. On Monday April 19, The next round will start with the next Question. You will all have one week (April 19 - 24) to write up your RP responses to the question, and to do any additional RPing you may want to do, conversing with other characters and so on.

5. In addition to all the other possible ways to earn points, I am adding one more. Each contestant will also receive one (1) bonus point for every task they actually make RP posts for. In order to receive the point for it, you must have your RP posted before the task is officially over. Also, you will not get the full point when you begin to RP and then very obviously do not finish, as is the case if you RP something about your character preparing to attempt a Task, but you leave out saying what happens during the actual attempt. I intend to award half-points for only RPing halfway.

6. As stated in the new schedule, each task will be alloted Two (2) days for rolling and RP. That is so that even if you cannot be online every day, you can still at least roll for every task if you make it onto Gaia every other day. You will still receive the points you rolled even if you do not have time to RP.

7. I am not going to roll for anyone anymore, unless people tell me ahead of time that they will be completely unable to roll for a particular task, and specifically ask me to roll for them. Also, as stated in the rules, if you have designated someone else to roll for you and notified me beforehand, then they may post a roll on your behalf.

8. There will be no rolling for Tasks after I have posted that the task is over. You can write a catch-up RP post about things you missed if you wish to do so, but if it is posted after the Task has officially ended then you will not be getting points for that Task. Likewise, if your post in response to a Question is posted after the Question has been officially declared to be over, then your post will not be considered in the judging for that Question.

9. Last of all, if you have read this entire message, then please PM me back with a short and simple note saying that you have read and acknowledge these announcements, so that I can be sure that you know what is going on. (you can also, as always, reply with questions, but please still include a note that you did read all of the announcements here so that I know you read this far) Everyone who does so before April 24, will receive 100 bonus points. Yes, I said One Hundred. It is a high number for a reason. It’s so that everyone who cares enough to have read all of this and take a moment to let me know they have done so, is basically saying they still want to be included in the contest. If anyone does not bother to do so, I expect they don’t care enough to be a real contender and then I think it’s only fair if they are left behind when everyone who does care jumps ahead by 100 points. Just in case someone has a valid reason for not reading and replying tho this message by the end of next week (by April 24) I will award half points (that is, 50.) to anyone who replies to this message the following week… which is the week of April 25 through May 1. After that, the points awarded for replying to this message will be cut by half again and again each and every week, from 50 down to 25, then half of that, etc.

10. I am going to be posting a copy of these announcements in the contest announcements thread, and a note in the RP thread stating that there are new announcements and that people should check the contest announcements thread for them. This is just to cover my bases and make sure that even if people for any reason have trouble finding this PM, they can still get the announcements if they are regularly checking for new announcement posts.

Thank you in advance to everyone who reads this entire message, and to all you who have stuck with me in my efforts to learn/figure out how to run a contest like this, and all who are willing to stick with this contest and still compete for the three areas offered as a prize.

-delbosque

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 pm
There is a new Question to RP an answer for! Click this to see the post about it!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 pm
So we have until Saturday to decide if we wish to continue this farce?  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:14 pm
You can put off deciding, it's just that it's supposed to be worth more to declare intent to continue, sooner rather than later.

But really, maybe I just completely failed at running this thing and maybe the whole deal should be scrapped. xp

edit: Not going to scrap the contest, we'll keep going according to schedule, and there will be plenty of opportunity for people to jump back in.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:01 pm
btw-
I do check in on this thing fairly regularly, I just don't always have time to reply to everything right away.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:52 am
Round Two, Task Three: Polo Results
Gracesan = 10
Eveangelen = 5
Fuzzy = 5
BDan = 7
devars = 1
sithious = 3
faulty = (didn't roll)
naris = (didn't roll)

Team One = Batim, Sir Madam, Sousha and Tassia = 17 points (at least)

Team Two = Eve, Rooj, Sithious, and Eri = 14 points (at most)

Bonus for winning the polo game = one point each for everyone on Team One.

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff