Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
Who are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FiliaFlammae

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 am
"Whoa, really?" The lioness' face swung back around to take in the swirling patterns, slowly melting into awe. "That is so cool," she said in a low voice. Curious, she began to extend a paw towards the wall of rainbow liquid, but stopped short. "You put a shield up here," she noticed. "Is the Sea unsafe to touch?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:03 pm
" limited exposure, no. swimming in it, yes; it will cause you to sicken and die over a period of several days. I'm not too sure why. perhaps the Sea releases invisible toxins? In any case, don't go swimming in it. or, if you have too, keep it under ten minutes exposure."

laz continued to fish threw the debris, occassionally fishing a item out, but rarely putting it aside; most he tossed back through the shield into the Sea. After a short time, he sat back and examined the rest of the items closely.

One resembled a forearm guard, made of a metal he had never seen before and embossed with strange symbols in a script unknown to him. Another was clearly a sword of some kind; when his fingers closed around the hilt, the suddenly "tiny" blade extended in size and width, compressing when the hilt was released. the last two he wasn't so sure about. One looked like a small device maybe a foot long, and glowed with its own light. unable to figure it out, he slipped it into a harness pouch, then looked at the last one. The worksmanship of the artifact was superb; it looked like nothing more than a extremly ornate torque, meant to fit around a persons neck. He saw the two blue and red buttons built into one side, and the soft glow from pinpoints on the surface, and he knew better that to mess with something like this.
-Better play with it when we're out of here....-  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

FiliaFlammae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:35 pm
Mahewa chuckled. "Naw, I wasn't intending on swimming in it. I just want to poke it." She pushed her paw through the barrier a few inches and wiggled her fingers around in the strange liquid. She barely stifled a childlike giggle. It was very smooth and swirly around her fingers...

Something relatively heavy suddenly got caught on her claws. She curiously pulled the item back inside their bubble and inspected it. It was a large rounded rectangle, about a centimeter thick, glossy on both sides. She brushed a finger over the flatter of the two sides and was surprised to see the black surface suddenly shine with a very specific pattern of lights... images? They were small symbols spaced out in a grid. When she prodded one, the screen changed. By now thoroughly confused, she shrugged and slipped the strange tablet into her bag.

"So... what about Higure?" she inquired, turning back to Lazurkri. "Should we try to chase him back down, or just let him go?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm
Laz cocked his head to the side; it had been something he had been wondering himself. The Magus had been very hostile and secretive ever since he had found who had caused the explosion, and Laz, as a rule, tracked down and sought revenge on those who tried to attack him, as the Magus had. yet he must have had a reason.....

After a few seconds thought, he made up his mind.
" track him down; We'll need him. However, I'd prepare a few capture spells beforehand - or paw- just in case. Oh, and feel free to make super powerful ones here; you can get more energy from the Sea."

Laz fiddled with the armguard and slipped it on. It immediately shrunk, fitting tightly against his skin, yet not painfully, as it should have with something that appeared to be sharp metal. He attempted to pull it off, but it clung fast. several patterns now glowed on it, and as a talon touched one, the armguard immediately expanded, until it had completely covered the front of his body with what appeared to be a solid shell, yet when he moved, he felt no resistance, as you might find from plate or even loricated armor.

experimentally, he tried to dig his talons into it, and although they made shallow scratches in it, they did not penetrate. he peered closely at the scratches, and to his amazement, saw the shallow divots ripple and vanish. mildly disturbed, he tapped the armguard again, and the armor pulled back into the device, which promptly released its grip and detached. Laz placed it back where he had pulled it out of, and reminded himself to NOT take it out until he could study it in much finer detail.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Twilightwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:10 pm
Higure dashed through the forest, going so quickly that the branches of the trees bent with the wind he was creating. How could that damn b*****d do this?!?! I thought i could leave him alone... there is no room for sympathy this time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:40 am
"Capture spells," Mahewa repeated to herself. She held her chin thoughtfully. She'd worked with force fields before, but to use one against Higure... it would have to be intensely fortified. Experimentally, she called up a flickering spherical shell in her hand. Nothing but pure will in there. No object could break it, but with a magic wielder it was a different story. She'd need to strengthen her barrier with more than just mental determination.

She clenched her teeth and began to mutter. Soon enough she felt the eerie tingle of a swirl of different energies collecting within her, sliding smoothly into the sphere, making it gleam brightly in indigo, ice blue, emerald green, and reddish orange. Yes, she thought. Yeah, Higure, let's see you muscle your way past the elements themselves.

She let the bubble dissipate. "Well, I think I've got something, at least," she said, turning to Lazurkri.  

FiliaFlammae

Twilightwolf10

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:59 pm
Higure stopped to catch his breath. He had been running for miles. Those guys i left back there better do their jobs...  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 am
Laz glanced at Mahewa as she created her capture spell, and his tail flicked as he thought of what to do. she would use the elements....he would need to come up with something different, in case Higure figured out how to override or break Mahewa's spell. He knew of several potential spells, but each one was easy by itself to break.

-So why not combine them into one?-

He clicked his beak as he realized it could work. He flexed his fingers, and created the first spell, bringing it to rest besides him as he carefully crafted another. eventually, he had nearly a dozen different spells all hovering near him, and he, very carefully, brought two of them together, ready to leap back in case something went wrong. nothing did, but this was just the first merge; as more and more spells merged, it would be easier to have something go wrong. He carefully brought another two into contact with the main, and let the magic flicker for a second as they merged, and used a burst of energy to stabilize it, and waited to see if anything untoward happened.

the magic flickered again......then stilled. He stared at the orb of smoothly rippling patterns of light and matter, and touched it with a ebony talon, imbuing it with some more energy to ensure its stability, then reached for another pair of spells.

by the time he was down to the last pair, he was panting with stress, his fur was fluffed out as far as it would go, and his ears were laid flat against his skull, but his hands remained rock steady as he weaved his magics. The last merging would be the hardest; already, he'd nearly had the Superspell nearly destabilize. He slowly brought the last pair of spells into contact with the main one, and immediately felt something was wrong. The sphere of energy actually sucked the pair in, and he felt magic being drained from his body as ....something happened with the Superspell. He fought against the drain, then his eyes widened as he felt something touch his mind.

- what is this?!-

he struggled to pull back, to break physical contact with the mutated magic, but he found he couldn't even twitch his ears- the spell ahd become something very very dangerous now.

- Must....cancel....it.....
-and why would you wish to cancel me, Creator?

shock rippled through him; something very rare had just happened- his magic had become sentient!

the sentient spell evidently felt his shock, and released some of its hold over him.

- Apologies, Creator. I did not mean to seize control of your body.-

Laz dropped to his knees as the control was severed completely, and looked up at the sphere as it began to....morph. It flared with light, making him look away. when he looked back, he saw..... Himself.

- no....not myself...a close copy, though....

The creature standing in front of him had clearly used his body as a template, but hadn't copied it completely. The fur was more a creamy white, there was a pattern of zigzagging lines over the chest and forearms in a variety of reds and greens, and the talons were a golden color. It was the eyes, though that were the most striking aspect..... they shone silver. The creature breathed in, deeply, then shook itself, and looked down at Laz, who stared at his accidental creation in awe.

-Creator. I am.... actually....I have no name.

It was still speaking to him mind to mind, so Laz used that same method to speak to it in return.

- how are you possible?

the Wraithwolf copy cocked its head as it thought, just like Laz would do; clearly it had imprinted elements of his own personality to use as its own.

- I am unsure.... I have no memories of anything outside of this place....perhaps the energies of the Sea helped? in any case...it has no meaning HOW it happened, only that it DID, and that I am real...Dubito ergo cogito ergo sum, as you will ...

- I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am....Descartes.

-Descartes? yes... that seems to suit me....I am Descartes

Descartes flicked his tail and helped Laz to his feet, astounding Laz- his creation of magic had gained completely physical form, as he could feel the solidity of Descartes' body. Descartes let go as Laz straightened, and clacked his beak.

- And I shall help you.-  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

FiliaFlammae

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:45 pm
"Laz?" Mahewa turned around nervously; she'd thought she heard a little bit of a commotion. "Are you all ri-"

She froze, mouth agape. There was... another Lazurkri! Except he had different patterns on him, and there was an eerie silver shimmer in his eyes. The two wraithwolves weren't speaking to each other, but she was picking up a strong sense of magical energy, and their expressions changed every couple seconds, as if reacting to each other. Perhaps they were speaking telepathically?

The lioness trotted over. "Laz? Is this a friend of yours?" It seemed the most logical conclusion, but something about the strong energies pulsing around the newcomer made her wonder otherwise...  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:14 pm
Laz was so engrossed in staring at Descartes, and didn't realize until Mahewa spoke that the communication between him and his accidental creation had been entirely mental. He shook his head at her question.

" not exactly.... as you crafted a capture spell for Higure, so did I.... This is the end result."
He indicated Descartes, and used his "Magic" sense to probe his creation.

Descartes glanced at Laz, evidently aware of the probing, then turned and looked at the lioness , evidently unconcerned about the probing, and spoke to her telepathically,silver eyes glinting, "broadcasting" it so Laz could "hear" what he said as well

-Hello, Mahewa. I am Descartes. Lazurkri speaks truth....He created me. How, I am unsure. Nevertheless, I am who I am; a creature born of magic. And I will assist you both in your quest, Mahewa.-  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Twilightwolf10

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:04 pm
Higure stopped at the shore of a lake. "Return to me your power, fill my body once again. The staff that created the heavens and governed the underworld, obey your master." As he said these words the center of the lake began to glow and a whirlpool started to spin. From the water rose a staff, a deep blue-green color. At the top there was a jewel in the grasps of the staff which resemble the shape of a crabs claw with razor outside edges. At the other end it came down to a curved point, where it looked like it could connect with something. "...i haven't used this in a long time" As Higure grasps it, it disappeared with a flash of light and a rippling of shadow around it waiting to be called again. "I have to hurry." Higure set off again.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:00 am
The lioness was by now rather unnerved. Laz had CREATED this creature? It looked solid enough, it moved realistically, and it could even communicate! Her edginess was melting into awe of this amazing being. She dipped her head in respect.

-I am very pleased to meet you, Descartes,- she replied in thought, figuring it would be more courteous to communicate on the creature's own level. -We're glad to have an addition to our team. I look forward to seeing what you can do.- She smiled and chuckled just a little, hoping to convey friendliness.  

FiliaFlammae

Twilightwolf10

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:17 am
((what happened to everyone? D: ))  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:11 am
(Still here. waiting for others to post before I do.)  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Twilightwolf10

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:51 am
((ok someone just needs to post...i cant really do anything else atm))  
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff