Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
E3 Has Landed. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

STAR
  FAWKz
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:14 pm
l-Kathulu-l
But for a lot of us being on Skype at the same time that could be chaotic. I just don't think that that could be that fun. I would do it, but not for long.

E3 - "Now we will show you... A new Starfox!"

All of us - "OMFG UBDSGIJABWNDGKNA STARFAWKS IANBKDNODASINGDG DID U HEER DAT AIUBSVUJNSA"

IMO.
You guys could determine a comment order or something. maybe alphabetically? I am having my E3 party at my buddy Luke's.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:56 pm
Aparently they are making a new Fire Emblem, remake of mystery of the Fire Emblem. I'd like to see more info for that. Like... a NA release date.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:27 pm
Half-Life (Episode) 3, Portal 2 are my top non-Nintendo picks. I'm pretty much expecting Valve to announce HL3 and simultaneously release it on Steam, much to the dismay of all of the video game journalists, who, having been so happy with getting to play games before everyone else for months and months, are now locked in a room for more than an hour while the rest of the world downloads and plays a game, thereby disrupting gaming journalism and the way it cocks us all.

Something new from Suda51. The Silver Case was coming. Then it was canceled. Then he took a picture of it and uploaded it on twitter. I want that, and I want something new. killer8? 9? 6? No More Heroes 3? These secret projects he won't tell us about?

Nintendo interests
3DS. I'm kind of a hardware fanatic at heart I suppose. Maybe that's just because of Nintendo announcing something and making us all daydream to what it's like, then never being close to the real thing at all because it's so unique. Anyway, even if we can't see the 3D effects at home, I'm still pumped to see what this baby can do. The rumors I've been hearing are tasty and knowing the big N, their next installment into the DS line is going to be a big one.

Vitality Sensor. Go ahead and talk s**t about it all you want, I'm still interested in it. You do realize that this thing calculates your heart rate for games, right? How does that s**t NOT excite you, yet brain-reading machines with monkeys do? Nintendo makes their peripherals pretty cheap with the game they show off with it (excluding Wii Fit), so I may pick this up sometime. I'm a sucker for new gameplay experiences through hardware, I suppose.

Zelda Wii. Seeing as how we know very little about it, this is a big one. It's Zelda. Another reason it's a big one. MotionPlus is being packed in with the console now. They're really pushing that little box.

Other than that, there isn't really anything that we know will be shown there. Other M I suppose, and Wii Party, but WP isn't much and M:OM comes out soon. This E3 could go one of two ways, as they do every year. Either Nintendo announces very little and acts like it's a lot/appealing to the hardcore (Animal Crossing, NSMBW years) OR they announce a s**t ton and lean back in their huge thrones, smirking smugly.

Seeing as how the heat is on in the console race, I'm going with the latter. They have jack s**t for the latter half of this year, and even though the 3DS could fill that snugly, I imagine the DS will still sell alongside if for quite awhile as the XL just came out. A console has to launch with games, and I'm sure we'll see some interesting stuff, but launch titles do not generally blow us off our feet. Still, the freshness and uniqueness of the 3DS may make even a SMS port seem like god's j**z.

I'm HOPING for Kirby to make a resurgence, whether that be on the 3DS, WiiWare or the Wii. It hasn't been terribly long since a Kirby game (the last one WAS a remake), but I'd love to see another console forray.

Donkey Kong. Now that Nintendo of Tokyo has finished Galaxy 2, let them make another Jungle Beat. If it has bongo support as an easter egg, I'll buy it twice. Hell, even a new 3D adventure would be awesome.

F-Zero hasn't shown its face this console generation, and the Wii lends itself amazingly well to racers. A twitch-reaction game like that would be kickass, even though Excitebots does kind of fill that category, the two games are totally different experiences.

Starfox. We talk about it every ******** podcast it seems. The four player online co-op with the Miis? Jesus. Do it.

Pikmin 3. Pikmin 2 was pretty good, but I'd love to see a reinvisioning of the series on a new console.

New IPs. It's hard to clamor for something you don't know you want, but I know I want what I don't know what it is. I didn't know I wanted Excitebots.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:39 pm
The vitality sensor is still a peripheral. They don't usually get much action worth noting. Wii Motion+ is a decent example. It's solid tech, yet it's not being taken advantage of as far as I know. It's hard to get excited about a completely whacked out peripheral, no matter how cool it can be.

I'm excited for just about everything else you mentioned.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 pm
Trenn Flashkill
The vitality sensor is still a peripheral. They don't usually get much action worth noting. Wii Motion+ is a decent example. It's solid tech, yet it's not being taken advantage of as far as I know. It's hard to get excited about a completely whacked out peripheral, no matter how cool it can be.
True, I just like trying anything new. That stuff always gets me excited. I love games that have you hold the DS sideways (or ********), or Wii games that have you put the controller on a table and tap the table to play. I'd love to see the interaction a game makes with you based on your heartrate and s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 pm
Speaking of 3DS over at kotaku. Nearly 360 horsepower? I agree that it sounds a bit exaggerated, but Wii or better would be ridiculously awesome power for a Nintendo handheld.

Hey E3. Get your a** moving plzkthx.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:43 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Speaking of 3DS over at kotaku. Nearly 360 horsepower? I agree that it sounds a bit exaggerated, but Wii or better would be ridiculously awesome power for a Nintendo handheld.

It might need an amazing processor in order to control two separate images on two separate screens? Or something?

But holy cow if this thing surpasses the Wii in graphics, I'd be floored.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:47 pm
Part of me thinks IGN just says stuff like that so people will be disappointed when it doesn't happen BECAUSE THEY HATE NINTENDO

Seriously, they always say stuff is gonna happen that doesn't when it comes to Nintendo.

That said, if it's true, it'll be sexy. If not a little depressing that their hand-held will be more powerful than their home console...  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill

It might need an amazing processor in order to control two separate images on two separate screens? Or something?

It really depends on how they accomplish 3D, but yea usually 3D makes processing images multiple times harder. I almost feel kind of bad that a lot of that processing power is wasted for 3D. I'm sure I'll be impressed either way.

The problem of course is that now I have more expectations for this new handheld. If we don't see Wii portable I'll be mad. scream  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 am
I still want a horror game based around using the Vitality Sensor as a trigger for panic events. :/

Like how in L4D2, on Expert, if you stall for a moment in one area for too long, the Director is going to suck a bunch of dicks get pissed off, and spam hordes and s**t at you.

You're pulse IS the Director.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:30 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill

It really depends on how they accomplish 3D, but yea usually 3D makes processing images multiple times harder. I almost feel kind of bad that a lot of that processing power is wasted for 3D. I'm sure I'll be impressed either way.

The problem of course is that now I have more expectations for this new handheld. If we don't see Wii portable I'll be mad. scream
It could be a portable wii, but with the processing being eaten up by 3D graphics it may not look like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:15 pm
Does anyone remember that first E3 presentation of the Wii? Where they had like 4 or 5 people come out and were playing instruments on the Wii. Did that ever actually come out as a game or was that just a demonstration....i'll see if i can find a video of it...or i might just be to lazy....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Unflamboyant

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 pm
[Kegan]
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill

It could be a portable wii, but with the processing being eaten up by 3D graphics it may not look like it.

At least for games that choose to enable 3D. Still kind of exciting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm
lvl 12
Does anyone remember that first E3 presentation of the Wii? Where they had like 4 or 5 people come out and were playing instruments on the Wii. Did that ever actually come out as a game or was that just a demonstration....i'll see if i can find a video of it...or i might just be to lazy....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yeah, Wii Music.  

MaverickDrifter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:45 pm
lvl 12
Does anyone remember that first E3 presentation of the Wii? Where they had like 4 or 5 people come out and were playing instruments on the Wii. Did that ever actually come out as a game or was that just a demonstration....i'll see if i can find a video of it...or i might just be to lazy....]
That wasn't the first presentation of the Wii at all, either.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff