Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Karaneshii ^The Obscured Clan^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 172 173 174 175 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:33 am
---  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:40 pm
"Try a scrapyard, in particular one that specializes in mechs or vehicles. The civilian one's aren't too good though, scrappers are fiercely territorial. And it's survival of the fittest, so you either have a bunch of thugs with heavy weapons, nerdy thugs with packs of mechs, or the worst, modders..."

Realizing she is a modder...

"Not all modders are bad, but these modders, they amputate their limbs and replace with with microfibril bundles and hydraulic servo-arms scavenged from mechs and construction vehicles...or stitch rebreathers and toxin filtration systems into their heads, or wire data storage systems into their brains. Most have modded themselves beyond recognition...some fail and become...well you know what a zombie is right? Well, if you do a mod wrong, you can fry your brain...and modders don't want to lose their finds on a corpse...so they replace the brain with a simple cheap processor which can understand simple verbal or wired commands..."

"At some point, if you play with mechanical mods too much, you trade your humanity for power."

Malem's mind seems to wander...  

Kokuwagata

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am
---  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:05 pm
"Uh, hmmm...well if you want to find an engine for "free", it might end up costing you more than buying one..."  

Kokuwagata

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:25 am
---  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:44 pm
She watched on in silence, not sure what to make of what was happening, but she would just be happy enough to remain here on the ground with the plants surrounding her. Still cradling the poisonous one in her arms she wandered away from the leader more towards the area she had brought back to life and sat down, her legs crossed. She set the plant before her, wanting to examine it more than she had been able to when she had first found it. It was a precious plant and would prove very useful in the future. They only needed a place it would prove the most useful. She was sure they could find one.

As she watched the rest of the members speak, only half listening though, she allowed a small trickle of her magic to extend out to more of the plants she had been reviving, hoping that soon the yard and gardens would be back to their former glory.  

Marsel_lilas
Crew

Kokuwagata

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:41 pm
But it's rather severely rusted and corroded...you'd need an alchemist or something to restore that...and you'd have to make sure you have all the pieces...  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:31 am
---  

Kenton Alkemi

Marsel_lilas
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:11 pm
Caly began giggling at that comment and couldn't seem to stop. The house collasping indeed. It only needed some very good repairs, but she could sense that the house itself would not collapse any time soon. They was too much of nature, whether it was the wood the hosue was made of or vines that had run wild through the house that was holding up a great deal fot he walls and ceilings.

Calming even just a little she softly called out, "I can revive wood sir, as long as I have plenty of energy, I can help revive the house as well as the garden........." She wasn't sure what reaction she would get from those statements, but she hoped they wouldnt be anything to get herself thrown out for using magic of any sort. It was true that soem elves had the rare ability to reviving wood that was no longer part of a tree, but part of a structure, but she had that ability plus the strength and skills of a Mage. She could probably do it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:13 am
---  

Kenton Alkemi

Kokuwagata

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:02 pm
"This building seems magical. If we have a good enough mage, you could rebuild it for free by using reconstruction spells. That's assuming all the pieces can be accounted for..."

With a loud crunch a board snapped somewhere in the house, and a cloud of dust issued upwards...and away from the house...

"Err...we could do work? To make money? What are our skills?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:02 pm
Caly rose to her feet at those statements and said calmly, yet firmly, "I said that I could revive the wood. It is a rare and natural ability of my people. And I have also the strength and skills of a Mage, for I am one." she closed her eyes very briefly just as the last few words left her tongue and then held her breath as she opened them once again. She wasn't sure if she would be condemed, or showed gratitude and true welcoming. As it was, she left her home for many reasons, one of them being she almost killed a great many people because of the very fact that she was a telepathic, shapeshifting, half elven Mage.  

Marsel_lilas
Crew

Kokuwagata

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:14 pm
"Well, the house isn't living. In order to heal something, it has to be living. You'd normally need someone which could bind either a real soul, or craft a homunculus soul and bind it to something, then heal it...in order to revive something...the soul has to be close by and not dispersed. It then usually involves rebinding the soul to the body combined with healing."

She had begun to read from "Niebel Militarisches Magisches Handbuch"

"However, there are other methods of revival, such as exposure to undifferentiated and raw positive energy, the primitive predecessor to a soul, or headwiring and usage of a braintape...and neither of these require the recent presence of a soul. Of course the latter is purely technological, and does not revive the body in a real sense..."

Putting the small leather bound book with simplistically white stamped letters away,

"Of course, if you do revive the wood, it would mean that the house would be living. It would grow, and would probably require nourishment in the form of nutrients and water...but if you only revive it to a limited degree, so that it heals itself, but hasn't the life energy to continially sustain itself, it would effectively fix the house without..."

She continues to mull over the magical details of rebuilding the house...continually flipping through several texts in Niebelian on magic.

"It's certainly doable, and might be interesting to watch."  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:30 pm
A little blown away at the sudden rushing river of information she blinked a few times silently before saying, "It is usually a simple combination of pure energy, the touch of an elf, or at least a half elf, with their innate powers, and several spells that involve reviving something inanimate to their former glory...though in this sense, it would be just returning the house to the state it had been when they first finished building it. That would be simple enough, especially with the amount of energy I have access to when I am at full strength." she was thoughtful during the last half of her soft speech, though she meant every word of it. She looked at the house, seeming to consider something and then said, "If you wish for a demonstration I think I can summon up enough energy for one."  

Marsel_lilas
Crew

Kenton Alkemi

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:30 pm
---  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 172 173 174 175 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items