Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply One on One
[Z_] and Eclipse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:56 pm
Miles paused, having not realized that he'd even talked about Avin. "Yeah, I guess he's his own person. Either of us can take over at any time, but he'll function perfectly well without either of us doing anything," He laughed to himself, shaking his head. "I guess he would be a third person then, like a schizophrenic, if you will."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:11 am
"You're not schizophrenic." Leo replied evenly. "Schizophrenics see their world differently. Through touch, smell, hearing and sight. Their entire life is made up of fantasies that they can't distinguish aren't real." She paused a moment as if to let the definition sink in before she added, "More than likely it's dissociative personality disorder--multiple personalities, if you will." Here she hesitated. How could she explain that during a bad time, one would create a new personality to take the damage inflicted on the first person. Miles already knew that. He just didn't realize it was moderately normal, he just went about it a different way. "My ma was a Minas...a mind doctor. She would help people while papa taught."  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:56 am
"Look at you, always correcting me," He Laughed. "But who's to say my entire life wasn't just a delusional fantasy? If I'm the only one who remembers anything, who's to say it even happened?" He turned to her, very serious now. "But it was just a thought," He cracked a smile, turning away again. "Regardless, neither of us are the same as we used to be, maybe Avin is the combination of what's missing from both of us."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 pm
Leona stayed silent, just reaching up to squeeze his shoulder, offering a hug if he wanted it. For the truth was, he could be right, for one can't tell if they are mad or not. Maybe his memories were just constructed in his mind. Maybe he had the strength of both elements, thus creating Kraid. She felt as if her mother would have known what to say, but the truth was it was possible. With her free arm she hugged herself, missing the comfort surety provided. Not that she wanted to go back; she couldn't even if she did. She just wanted something to be normal once more.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:49 pm
Miles smiled to her, placing his hand over hers. He lowered his hand again, leaving hers, and just shrugged. "I suppose it doesn't really matter though, you know? Even if it is all bullshit to everyone else, it's real enough to me. Those people, imaginary or otherwise, I would have killed for them. And they all just left. Just like that," he snapped his fingers. "And without the slightest bit of warning. One day we're fighting side by side, saving lives, you know? And the next..." He paused here, the heartbreak returning. "And the next, one of my best friends is trying to kill us, and the girl I love, loved... love, doesn't even remember my name."
(sorry it took me so long. I honestly could not come up with anything to write about)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:43 am
((Sorry for the bad post last time and the late post this time. I just haven’t been feeling well lately. I’ll try to do better.))

The young elf’s throat tightened, making it difficult to swallow back her tears. They glistened in the sunlight, brightening her face in a paradoxical way. In a gentle voice, that seemed to circle around him, with warm, soothing air, she questioned, “How?” though she doubted he knew the answer himself. “What magic could overpower love?” She was young; naïve outside of Opalescent, but she still had clung to the power of love. It was what united her make-shift family. Only once had it failed her; when they couldn’t help Felix break free of his addiction. But then, she blamed herself that their love wasn’t enough: once he’d started the drugs, he’d stopped loving them. Miles’ happening seemed much more real; his love had to be true for him to still be so affected by it. It was threatening to shatter yet another misconception of hers. One that would hurt enough to change her.

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:36 pm
(Oh, Pshaw, there was nothing wrong with your post =3 It was just finals time for me and my creativity was running a little low. Also, don't worry about not posting for a time, I don't mind)
Miles paused, afraid he'd hurt her in some way. "The only thing more powerful than love," He began, searching for the right word. "Is destiny," He concluded, shrugging his shoulders. "She was destined to forget all about me and go back to her people, and I was destined to wander Lyndria endlessly looking for answers," He smiled to her. "But it's really not all that bad. Sure, it hurts deeply, and I think about it constantly, but there's more important things than self pity," He grinned. "I am glad though, to have someone to travel with though. It's been driving me mad, being with only Kraid and Avin. It's... nice. Thank you."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:20 pm
Destiny. That was pure annoyance. She never accepted that it was destiny that killed her and her friends' parents. It seemed to be just a terrible excuse that never helped anyone. She bit back her words, knowing they'd cause more harm than good. She shook her head at his thanks, "You're the one who rescued me from the slums for the rest of my life. It's been amazing already." She smiled at him, pure innocent. "I'm glad to help you as much as possible. Truly."  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:15 pm
"I didn't do anything you couldn't have done by yourself," Miles laughed. He smiled brightly, watching the fire. "We should continue to the coast, as soon as Kraid returns from his stroll," He suggested, scanning the surrounding trees for any sign of the skeletal figure. "We'll continue your lessons next time we camp."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:56 am
Leona shook her head, doubting the truth in his words. She felt in her heart she would never had the courage to leave her family without the opportunity he provided. Still, she said nothing, for she knew "grown ups," as she still classified Miles, preferred to keep their ways. Running a hand through her hair which magically fixed itself, falling into neat orderly place. Shaking her head, as if in an attempt to mess it up again, she turned to look at her new friend, "What's in the forest that Kraid would want to see?"  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:56 pm
"I haven't the slightest," He smiled, shrugging his shoulders. Miles had never thought to ask his brother where he escaped to, not figuring it to be his business. "He's usually pretty quick about it though. Never going for more than an hour," he told her.
At that moment, Kraid was on the opposite side of the continent, sitting in a darkened room, awaiting the others.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm
”Right.” Leona couldn’t imagine not being the least bit curious. Hell, if Miles hadn’t been here, she would have followed him. “Well, I’ll ask for the two of us when he returns,” she smiled, equally unworried, then she realized, “I have no idea how long he’s been gone. I mean, he was here for part of the lessons and all, but…” She shrugged, hoping Miles would have an idea. Kraid didn’t seem like one to get lost in the woods. To her, she was a city girl, all those trees looked alike.  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 am
Miles looked straight up, through the trees, and studied the sky. He looked back down, shrugging. "He shouldn't be much longer now," he assured her, nodding. "And if he's late, we'll leave without him. So, anything you hope to see outside of the city?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:20 pm
”Leave without him!? No way!” As wary as she was of the necromancer the thought was cruel. Especially when you add the revenge Kraid might take on the two of them for abandoning them. Figuring she made herself clear, she responded to his question, “Oh, everywhere. When mother and father traveled; they did so by seasons. It gave me a long time to become a part of the group. I doubt most would recognize me, but a lot of clans I’m a member of. Maybe we can visit one of those?” The problem was, she had no idea how to reach them, so she hurriedly added, “Though I’d be pleased with the dessert as well, I’ve never been there. Well supposedly I have, for I was born in one of the cities, but we left before I could remember anything.”  

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:57 pm
Miles laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "Then we wait." He listened to her story, intrigued. "And here I was, thinking you'd never been outside those walls. If you wish to stop in somewhere, just let me know, we're in no rush. I've been putting off this trip for years, I could postpone it a few more months."  
One on One

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff