Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Horror House

Back to Guilds

Beware: Things are not always what they seem. 

Tags: horror, vampires, ghosts, monsters, roleplay 

Reply -* Horror House *-
OOC Chat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:57 am
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

So I have some AMAZING ideas. Some tend to go with a horror theme, but others are suspense and will end up being taken wherever the players decide.

ROLEPLAY IDEAS
IDEA ONE The Attic
If you've read Flowers In The Attic by V.C. Andrews you know where I'm going with this. Children are locked in a room with a staircase to the attic, and the only time they are free is in the attic. Their mother and grandmother bring them breakfast and dinner, but no lunch, and slowly the mother tries to poison her children with arsenic. There are four children: A male (oldest), a female (second oldest), and boy-girl twins. If the children find out about the arsenic it is up to you, if they die, it is up to you. If they find out, burst free by crawling out an attic window in the night and escape, never to see their mother (or to kill HER in the night), it is up to you.

IDEA TWO Come Out Come Out Wherever You Are
There are five witches (typically female, but guys can be witches also) that look for sacrifices. This would be placed in the medieval time period. There can be as many sacrifices as possible, just know your character may/not die. The witches would all be related, siblings, cousins, etc. But what would happen if one of the sacrifices-to-be turned the witches upon each other?

IDEA THREE Run, Hide, Fear
This one is more suspense than it is horror, but isn't suspense just a section of horror? The government made elementals, a female and a male for each element. Some were taken at birth, some where taken when they were teens. Depending on when they were taken will determine how much power they have to control their element. Each escaped elemental has a brand of their element on their wrist and on the back of their neck for identification. Now that most of the elementals have escaped the government wants them back- and will hunt them down till every single elemental is found. The setting is a forest, and this one could go anywhere, to elementals finding each other and destroying the organization that wants to kill them, or the organization destroying them. There even may be some crushes developed between the elements.

HOLIDAY GIVE-AWAY
So I'm getting into the holiday spirit a bit early (its hard not to when all the stores have, you know?) I was thinking we could have a give-away, or a contest with many stages.
Stage One: A riddle- first person to PM me the riddle answer gets 5 points, second 3, third 1, and fourth 0.
Stage Two: A Game Of Creativity; I start a roleplay, meaning I provide characters, settings, etc, and each person takes it and goes off with it, providing me with 100 more words of the story. We then put voting up for who's is best, first prize is 5 points, second 3, third 1, fourth 0 and so on.
Stage Three: The contestants riddle the public. Who ever has the best voted riddle [another poll] will win points.
Scoring: The First place winner (because there is voting involved I am guessing that everyone has a fair chance) will have their choice of Penguin Costume, Elf Costume, or Gift Box Outfit, along with 5,000G. The Second Place Winner will be able to win one of the remaining outfits and 2,500G, and the third place winner gets the last outfit and 1,000G.
Everyone who competes automatically gets 100G and a bouquet of flowers (paper/ribbon may or may not be dyed).

Since I am proposing this I am also funding this; meaning I have the complete Penguin and Elf costumes. Tell me what you think, and we can start the second December is upon us!

Also; I plan on doing this more often. (October was uber stressful, but I totally wanted to do a Halloween contest/give-away).
I'm also thinking that we have Riddle Me Contests every month and the prizes are gold.
I think this may help our member count go up as well.

TRIVIA CONTESTS
Each week or month the members nominate and compete in trivia about a certain topic. IE:
Week One: Shakespeare Trivia, Nominations for Next Week Open
Week Two: Beatles Trivia, Nominations for Next Week Open

Whoever gets all five trivia questions correct gets a prize, and runner ups are also rewarded.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 am
Those are some great ideas! I like it =W=  

SleepyTheTired
Crew

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 am
I'll write a set of competition guide lines, and you can review them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 pm
Sounds good to me.  

SleepyTheTired
Crew

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:56 am
I have no idea if any of you reside within the US, or maybe in different countries, but either way, in the US it is soon to be our Thanksgiving. (If you are outside the US; its a time for family to get together, eat food, watch American football- the true meaning doesn't exist any longer.) I hope all you Americans and non-Americans get to spend time with your family this week!! I'm going on a four hour drive to Houston, Texas to see my fiancé's sister, so I know I'm going to miss my ill-tempered, loud, and slightly annoying family.

I hope we all have good weeks!
Good tidings!
-Senny Paine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 pm
Tis the season. Everyone start breaking out the eggnog and various sugar-coated Christmas confectionary. ^^  

Rihenian
Vice Captain

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:57 am
Rihenian
Tis the season. Everyone start breaking out the eggnog and various sugar-coated Christmas confectionary. ^^

I have a strong dislike for Christmas just due to the shopping. >_> I celebrate it, though. Even though I'm not Christian, my family is, and I think that we should be together for the holidays.

I'm getting a kitten!!! HUZZAH  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why does no one come here any more??  

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

SleepyTheTired
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:39 am
Senny Paine
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why does no one come here any more??

Naww....
Kitty has such a cute derp face =D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:41 am
I'm not sure why not a lot of people stop in... some of the bigger players are just getting back into the swing of things... and some of the other characters have... disappeared?  

Rihenian
Vice Captain

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:36 pm
Rihenian
I'm not sure why not a lot of people stop in... some of the bigger players are just getting back into the swing of things... and some of the other characters have... disappeared?

But I mades a contest, and only one person joined. ;________;  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm
Senny Paine
Rihenian

Aww ;^;
What was the answer to the riddle, by the way? ._.  

SleepyTheTired
Crew

Rihenian
Vice Captain

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm
I'm sorry. I didn't want to join if I suddenly became distracted from it all.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 pm
SleepyTheTired
Senny Paine
Rihenian

Aww ;^;

If I tell you, then someone wants to have a go at it, then they'll knoooow.  

Senny Paine
Captain

Beloved Poster

SleepyTheTired
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:29 pm
Senny Paine
SleepyTheTired
Senny Paine
Rihenian

Aww ;^;

If I tell you, then someone wants to have a go at it, then they'll knoooow.

Oh... okay then :B  
-* Horror House *-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces