Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Acceptance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 pm
Foxifyre
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Foxifyre

They mostly have one track minds that are very dogmatic. I made a lot of enemies at my Christian college by being an individual and of course by having sex outside marriage...

have you tried a different college for student teaching?

The problem is my husbands parents are paying for it and if i transfer i will probably have to take more classes. At this point his parents want me graduated. If i fail again though his parents will raise hell... they donate quite a lot to the college so they will in the end get their way. And the only reason why i failed is because for the last review by both my Advisor (who i dislike and cant talk to) and my Cooperating teacher failed me. the rest was fine. I really hate how they would back talk behind my back though. It seems in my file they had several emails between them which I never got to look at.

Well if they have a personal grudge against you then you'll either have to find different teachers or a different school...
Good luck to you in it.

Well i will be in a different school and I will be with a new advisor. thank goodness... the one i was with wasnt very nice and at one point he told me to do something which i thought wasnt appropriate for the age group so i didnt.

Then he got mad that i didnt... he basically thought all his ideas were gold and that he couldnt do any wrong.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 pm
You'll have to deal with that kind of attitude no matter where you go. Especially in a school setting. It's why I refuse to become a teacher.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 pm
I find that most problems like this can be solved by hardening yourself against outside stimuli. People care far too much about what other people want or need. I stumbled upon this theory while training in Germany, I was locked away in confinement for a week or so, only interaction was when I was brought food, but the guard only spoke German and I had not yet learned.

So it was simply myself and my madness locked away that day, and truly I found it to be somewhat pleasing. If I find myself in times of trouble I'll lock my mind away. Perhaps everyone could learn to do the same, learn what is really important in life. We may be the superior species here on Terra Firma, but really we are all just as savage as the creatures that we label monsters. Learn that YOU are what is really important. Carry with you that confidence and those around you will take note.

Laymen's terms: Suck it up. Grin and bear it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm
So... today was awesome! heart heart heart

I ended up getting a 98% on my Chemistry Exam AND after that I got to have my first girls day out with my friends! at first i was really scared and almost didn't go but it ended up being great fun! Thanks to those faithful supportive friends who helped and for those who have been there for me! You are loved heart  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:39 pm
Foxifyre

I ended up getting a 98% on my Chemistry Exam AND after that I got to have my first girls day out with my friends! at first i was really scared and almost didn't go but it ended up being great fun! Thanks to those faithful supportive friends who helped and for those who have been there for me! You are loved heart

I'm glad things went well for you and that you have supportive friends there for you ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:11 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Foxifyre

I'm glad things went well for you and that you have supportive friends there for you ^^

I am too! It was so wonderful. Today was the first day that I've ever felt beautiful... Good day. and I do have to mention all those gaia friends who care and show their support. To all you gaians who care: THANK YOU! heart  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 pm
Foxifyre

I am too! It was so wonderful. Today was the first day that I've ever felt beautiful... Good day. and I do have to mention all those gaia friends who care and show their support. To all you gaians who care: THANK YOU! heart

^^ Yep I'm just glad you have good friends and glad today went well for you ^^ I hope things start looking up for you. We all need a little up time >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm
Foxifyre

I'm so proud of you! You looked amazing today!  

Kartina_KittyKat

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:31 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Foxifyre

^^ Yep I'm just glad you have good friends and glad today went well for you ^^ I hope things start looking up for you. We all need a little up time >.>

Thanks for the support! *hugs* you just seemed like you needed that.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm
Kartina_KittyKat
Foxifyre

I'm so proud of you! You looked amazing today!

redface
I really didn't look that great but I did feel beautiful. Thanks for your help! You made all the difference in the world. I don't know if I've ever told you but your support is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes... without you I'd very likely have committed suicide.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:55 pm
Foxifyre
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Foxifyre

Thanks for the support! *hugs* you just seemed like you needed that.

Lol thanks I can always use a hug. Things havent really gone up for me as of late. I mean they aren't worse but they aren't better either.

I got back from my month trip to my in laws after about two weeks of being home they suggested that I do my student teaching down there. 8-10 weeks with them and no ability to see my husband at all... >.> NO THANKS!

My car is getting up there and will need to be replaced sometime so I got a part time job. Not a whole lot of hours but enough to keep some money on hand to save for a new car.

In laws were complaining about me not volunteering my time at a school. But my job is super early in the morning so I sleep most of the day... I won't tell them that they would probably say that I don't need a job until summer (But if I only work the summer I will never have enough money for a car...) Besides they would only crack down on the financials for us and say well if she makes money we don't need to pay for this or that... They make it such that we have to sneak around or else we will never get out from under their thumbs.

Other than that waiting for word from the College as to where I will be student teaching again. When we went for the meeting after my month with my inlaws the guy didn't sound like he wanted to do a whole lot with me...

Made comments like "Do you have a plan B." I said no. He said "Well that isn't always bad but sometimes if you don't have a plan B it forces you to go through with plan A." (snide half slap across the face... bleh)

Before that too he was pushing for me to find another field of study but we don't have the money for me to get another degree -_- At this point I just want my degree I don't care if I ever step foot in a school after that I just want my degree that I paid for.

I mean granted life isn't super horrible but I wish people would work with us and not against us.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 pm
Well... I wish you the best of luck in that still *hugs* heart

Some people are just jerks. My In-laws did the same thing to their own daughter. She wants to become a nurse and her dad totally tried to shoot her out of the water. Basically he implied that she wasn't capable of such a difficult profession.

*hugs* Hang in there!  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm
Foxifyre
Why is it that people are over all opposed to transexuals? I mean, everyone has their own problems and has the right to try to fix them however they deem necessary. Just because I'm different doesn't give anyone a right to judge me for doing what I feel is best for me. If only people could understand and accept that I am who I am and what I am is a Transexual. Deal with it.

Okay I feel better now.

There will always be people that put someone down. All anyone can do when this happens is listen to there heart and hope one day the person will understand.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:22 am
Foxifyre

*hugs* Hang in there!

Long time no talk how have you been ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:26 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Foxifyre

*hugs* Hang in there!

Long time no talk how have you been ^^

been better actually. Life is complicated... The wife almost left me and is now trying to repair the relationship. I'll talk to you more about it in PMs if that's okay? How're you?  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff