Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Jabberwockie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:02 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Exodia The Forbidden One
Biohazard EXTREME
That's not what we're talking about. He complained about how many noobs the movies attracted, so I just brought up the point that RE4 attracted just as many, if not more noobs.

i know i know but come to my school and its all they talk about. resi 4 this, resi 4 that evil
That's exactly my point! So you're saying that you not only hate the movies, but you hate Resident Evil 4 as well?
I'm starting to hate RE4 as much. Once they release RE5, it'll be okay to admit RE4 was kind of fun...maybe. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:36 pm
They did say things from RE4 will play out in another RE. The plagas,I can see a Hybrid Plagas Tyrant in the Future..I'm thinking RE7...I know...way out there but still...least RE4 you can work with it..the current movies...No..can't work with it. they're more like the directors Fan-fict that makes little sense to me...And it's people who want Alice in an RE game that gets to me as well.  

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:39 pm
Yeah, but RE4 went in a direction that displeased many fans including myself. I mean it's one thing if Umbrella created new viruses t keep the monsters fresh, but now it's like, "Oh, this mysterious parasite that was fossilized has re-emerged and is taking over Spaniards!" It's dumb. And in the movies, there aren't even any other viruses, it's all T-Virus, it's all Zombies and other RE classic monsters. And it's the thing that I love the most about the movies. The thing that made me fall in love with the games in the first place: T-Virus, Umbrella, Conspiracy  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:17 pm
I thought I made this thread to discuss why you don't like the movies, not to defend them.  

Lord Travis

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:38 pm
What's the matter, Travis? Afraid of a little debate? Would you rather this thread be filled with random rants, and not actual discussions?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
What's the matter, Travis? Afraid of a little debate? Would you rather this thread be filled with random rants, and not actual discussions?

Not at all, I enjoy a good debate, but we could have just continued to do so in a previous thread instead of making this one.  

Lord Travis

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:50 am
No, because that thread was made for discussion of the future RE movie titles. This one is made for discussion of why RE movies suck, meaning it's debatable. The other one was more of a discussion/speculation thread. Frankly this is funner.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:24 am
Das Jabberwockie
Biohazard EXTREME
Exodia The Forbidden One
Biohazard EXTREME
That's not what we're talking about. He complained about how many noobs the movies attracted, so I just brought up the point that RE4 attracted just as many, if not more noobs.

i know i know but come to my school and its all they talk about. resi 4 this, resi 4 that evil
That's exactly my point! So you're saying that you not only hate the movies, but you hate Resident Evil 4 as well?
I'm starting to hate RE4 as much. Once they release RE5, it'll be okay to admit RE4 was kind of fun...maybe. ninja

I HATE RESI 4 evil IT WAS CRAP evil I COMPLETED IT AND I I LEFT IT RO COLLECT DUST! I HATE RESI 4 mad  

A5116278

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:24 am
So... You can be the one to start a "For those who don't like RE4" thread. Back to the movies, please. I'm having fun using logic and wit to defend them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:13 am
Biohazard EXTREME
So... You can be the one to start a "For those who don't like RE4" thread. Back to the movies, please. I'm having fun using logic and wit to defend them.
well i have to use my school computers to go on gaia so if i posted what i felt (logic) people would make fun of me crying the first one was great, it could have fit in with the games. the second was crap. but biohazard extreme has his own point of veiw and we must respect that or we all get our a** banned stressed  

A5116278

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:06 am
Oh you're saying it like I'm the only one who thinks that. Not everything has to tie into the game perfectly, Liam. Did you read the books? They TRIED tying into the games, but the games changed so much that there's no way you could read an RE book and say, "That's exactly what happened in the game," aside from maybe Zero Hour. In any case, just because the storyline doesn't line up with the game's storyline, doesn't make it bad. I mean, I started liking Resident Evil for a couple of simple reasons:
Umbrella
T-Virus
Zombies
Guns

Let's see... The movie... It has Umbrella? Oh... Yes... Yes it does have Umbrella... Hmm... What about Zombies? Yes! It does have zombies! Huh... And why were they zombies? ... Oh that's right! Because of T-Virus! Now, that those zombies are running around... How do the characters in the movies fend off against them? Oh yeah! With guns!
It seems that the movie has everything that made me fall in love with the games in the first place.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:52 am
Moneneko
The first movie was okay, it was a stand alone thing away from the games, except for the end where they talk about the Nemesis program. I'm not big of a fan of it but I like it a lot more then the second movie, plus Alice wasen't god modded in it, and it has Rain. She was pretty cool.

Though I do say I dislike the second movie with a burning passion, for one thing. No one could take out Nemesis in hand to hand combat! And Paul aderson just changed way to much of the plot line for it. (For one thing, Nicholi was a good cry for crying out loud!) And as it has been said before, Carlos looks like Chris! Plus Alice stole a lot of her moves from Claire. And to top it off, I hate the ending. Alice just looks at the camera and the guys dies! (A parasite Eve death) Are they trying to make Alice into an Alexia or something?

No offence to Paul Anderson though, he did a great job on the Mortal Kombat movies. I'm a fan of them. I just think that he never should have touched Resident evil, and I'm afraid to see afterlife.

i know what you mean, the first movie was ok but the second one borderlined the insane asylum....  

Lord_Of_All_Nightmares

Sir Leos

3,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:22 am
The First parts of the First move were great
I Loved how each of the umberella team's uniforms and gear was different and i loved how it could have stood in line with the RE story line

but when they made the second one they just killed it.
the movie totaly disreguards the games and so it fails

however it is good if you dont listen to the story and only watch ACTION!

pirate heart ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:38 pm
Like I said, it wasn't intended to follow the game's plotline. And no, there was no way the first one could have fallen in line with the game because the FIRST line in the movie says, "At the beginning of the 21st Century" so it ALREADY disregards the game's 1998 storyline. You should know that. Nevertheless, like I said, the movie wasn't made to follow the game's storyline exactly, and on its own, it's turning out to be a great movie series.

And for the record, Paul Anderson only did the FIRST Mortal Kombat movie, the failure of the second one was due to the fact that Paul Anderson didn't work on it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games