Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Well Well Well... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you miss me?
  Yes!
  Why bother?
  Who are you again?
  *glomp, picks through NeverMore's pockets for cash and is sad to find none*
View Results

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:44 pm
It's been my experience that most girls dont care for nerd talk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:17 pm
"Most" being the operative word there. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:44 pm
Though there are SOME rather geeky girls too... LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:32 pm
those are rare and far between  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 am
Tell me about it V_V  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:18 pm
I'm only really a game and old fantasy history geek, not a motorhead... But I would LOVE to have a 1967 Chevrolet Impala, the kind Dean Winchester (aka Jensen Ackles) rides. whee

Dude: I am surprised you didn't know it was 'motorhead' though... it's not that old of a name for his type. 3nodding

Purple: There is a HUGE variety of 'Geek', imo you can't and shouldn't put them all in the same group. I could go on and on talking about the histories of Dragons and Nymphs and Harpies, but I'm sure Miller and TY couldn't care more than a rat's a** about all of that. Just like I know little and care little about cars, but Miller and TY could talk hours and hours about them and their types and such. And there is a big difference between 'Geek' and 'Nerd' too.But that's a whole different can'o worms...

Ravinsblood666

Aged Magician

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm
But in general, a geek is just somebody who gets intensely excited about and obsessed with a particular subject, memorizing details and minutiae and flabbergasting everyone else. There are different kinds of experts, but they're all still experts. I was just making the point that cars are a geeky hobby too. Almost everyone is a geek about something.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Then what is the point of calling him a geek if that is what everyone is? that's like calling all humans 'Homo sapiens'. It makes no sense. And you don't have to be an expert to be a geek.  

Ravinsblood666

Aged Magician

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 pm
No, I was just using "expert" as an example. And not all people are geeks, just most of them. Besides, it's funny to see some people protest when you call them that. "I'm not a geek! Geeks are uncool!" lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 pm
Dude: I do not! ...do I? I mean sure okay maybe want to pull a Gibbs on ya but that's not like serious hurting smack... *turns and looks at Purple*

Purple: Do I really act like I wanna hit him? I mean sure I pick on his taste in anime cause...wow...just wow... we won't even get into that one but hey everybody has some weird tastes about some things, but have I really been that aggressive towards him?  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 am
Ravin: Oh I've heard of the term.
I just didn't think of it right then.

MR: you have on occation said that you wanted to hit me for talking geek and confusing you.
But I think it was only once or twice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:51 pm
Tell me one person that does not get "intensely excited about and obsessed with a particular subject" Purple... then we might actually have real flying purple elephants somewhere about...  

Ravinsblood666

Aged Magician

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 pm
LOL

agreed ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:22 pm
Oh, I know lots of people who aren't geeky about anything. 3nodding You'd be surprised how many normals are still out there.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 pm
They are weirdos ^.^ LOL  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items