Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Sages MLP thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronie?
  Duh yeah.
  Hell no.
  indifferent
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:11 am
Sagebomb
You going, did you head back for it?

I see on many of the staffs twitter feeds they were going.

"Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy
Going to @Las_Pegasus_Uni ? 1st person to bring me vegan donuts from this place gets a signed #MLPFIM DVD."

Sounds like a fun comp XD.

"tara strong ‏@tarastrong
Getting on the plane for @Las_Pegasus_Uni …with Bronchitis. Cuz I love my fans enough to get them alllllll sick"

Ahh tara....if there is any staff member I would love to meet it would be here....she is trolliscious.

Will be keeping a eye on

http://everfree.net/unicon/

Since they will stream some of it.

Dude...now I wanna get her vegan donuts o_o I wonder if I can convince people to make a pitstop there...they seem to have a place with them kinda near the convention.

The friend of mine who's helping with the con said that she's a little annoyed with Tara. Supposedly she's kind of a diva/prima donna, but I'm still unconvinced.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:17 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Dude...now I wanna get her vegan donuts o_o I wonder if I can convince people to make a pitstop there...they seem to have a place with them kinda near the convention.

The friend of mine who's helping with the con said that she's a little annoyed with Tara. Supposedly she's kind of a diva/prima donna, but I'm still unconvinced.

been watching the live feed the last 6 hours (no sleep day....though that last 6 hours was in bed so thats my sleep)

Plan to watch all of todays feeds.

But I could see that, but in more of a jesting way. Her form of trolling is very demanding in some ways, but then played down after.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 am
Not sure. I actually missed out on Tara's panel yesterday because I was giving those donuts to Meghan. And by the time that was over, the panel was almost done anyway. I'm planning on getting a picture with her (and Andrea) today though, so that should be fun.

Did the fire alarm going off show up on stream? Reminded me of when that happened at my first Otakon.

Also, last night I got to go to the celebrity dinner and sit at Jon de Lancie's table. That man is so cool. Really down to earth, great conversationalist, been to a ton of places. He even gave me writing advice =V

So if you've been listening to the panels, you heard the writers say that they're trying to make season 4 really epic. I'm greatly looking forward to that, maybe even seeing a season long arc/plot. Yay~  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Not sure. I actually missed out on Tara's panel yesterday because I was giving those donuts to Meghan. And by the time that was over, the panel was almost done anyway. I'm planning on getting a picture with her (and Andrea) today though, so that should be fun.

Did the fire alarm going off show up on stream? Reminded me of when that happened at my first Otakon.

Also, last night I got to go to the celebrity dinner and sit at Jon de Lancie's table. That man is so cool. Really down to earth, great conversationalist, been to a ton of places. He even gave me writing advice =V

So if you've been listening to the panels, you heard the writers say that they're trying to make season 4 really epic. I'm greatly looking forward to that, maybe even seeing a season long arc/plot. Yay~

So you actually were at it?

Cool, which panels did you see? (I watched like 12 hours straight of all they showed)

So you actually gave her vegan doughnuts? how did that go down?

As Im sure you heard many people saying...its bronycon all over again.

Yes I saw it on the stream, eight track shut down the stream when everyone had to go out, and then flicked it back on for the last few mins of that panel the resumed as people came inside.

how did you manage that? did you buy a ticket? or win one of the raffles?

Hmm thats pretty cool, he seems like a interesting guy. Did you watch his panel? Im glad no one asked about pirating and him shutting down production. (and kinda glad he mentioned it in passing at the end of the panel).

Yeah they were good at not dropping spoilers though there were a couple potential slips (like side characters mentioned which we may see again, and a couple other minor not important things about some up coming songs and such).

Big macs raffled off hat....I wanted... emo

So what did you hear about the con not making enough money and shutting early?

They explained on the stream that they need donations, have made sigs/awnsering messages/other VA stuff cheaper and such. One of the voice actors even said he was willing to not be paid for showing up, helping everfree ask for donations to help at least cover all the guests hotel and plane costs (apparently they made no way near as much as they needed)

Any way it was (mike? from everfree) and I think Lee Tockar (snips/magnet/spot/wing/beaver) asking for donations (and Lee even said incase hasbro is watching not to judge the bronys for this shortcoming)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm
Sagebomb
So you actually were at it?

Cool, which panels did you see? (I watched like 12 hours straight of all they showed)

So you actually gave her vegan doughnuts? how did that go down?

As Im sure you heard many people saying...its bronycon all over again.

Yes I saw it on the stream, eight track shut down the stream when everyone had to go out, and then flicked it back on for the last few mins of that panel the resumed as people came inside.

how did you manage that? did you buy a ticket? or win one of the raffles?

Hmm thats pretty cool, he seems like a interesting guy. Did you watch his panel? Im glad no one asked about pirating and him shutting down production. (and kinda glad he mentioned it in passing at the end of the panel).

Yeah they were good at not dropping spoilers though there were a couple potential slips (like side characters mentioned which we may see again, and a couple other minor not important things about some up coming songs and such).

Big macs raffled off hat....I wanted... emo

So what did you hear about the con not making enough money and shutting early?

They explained on the stream that they need donations, have made sigs/awnsering messages/other VA stuff cheaper and such. One of the voice actors even said he was willing to not be paid for showing up, helping everfree ask for donations to help at least cover all the guests hotel and plane costs (apparently they made no way near as much as they needed)

Any way it was (mike? from everfree) and I think Lee Tockar (snips/magnet/spot/wing/beaver) asking for donations (and Lee even said incase hasbro is watching not to judge the bronys for this shortcoming)

Yup, I was there all weekend =3 I went to the writers' panel on Friday, then the "Less is More," de Lancie's, and the writers' panel on Saturday. The only panel I went to today was the one talking about voice acting vs live action stuff. I would have liked to go to other panels, but there was eating required (they didn't allow outside food in the center, and the people I was with needed to eat), and getting autographs/photos.

One of those was the donut thing. Sadly, I was not the first person to get her any. I saw someone else give her a nice big box of them right before the panel, and I was all sad. But I gave her the small bag of donuts that I brought anyway, and she seemed happy and told me that she brought two DVDs to give away just in case, so I got one anyway. It's Pinkie-centric, but has five episodes spanning all three seasons, and she signed the front~

I actually didn't hear anything about "bronycon all over again." Did a fire alarm get pulled there too?

The dinner was actually a pre-paid event. I didn't actually pay myself, I ended up getting to go because my friend was deployed, and his wife wanted to go, but didn't want to go by herself. Most all of the special guests were there, and it was $200 per seat, soooo...yeah.

I went to de Lancie's first panel, but not the second one since we wanted to get home before it was really late (I actually just got back to Salt Lake City half an hour ago). I really want to watch that documentary...is it even available now still? I assumed piracy was happening before he said something about it, but I wasn't aware of shutting down production.

What other spoilerific things got mentioned on panels I didn't sit in at?

I heard a little bit about it at the last panel I went to, them mentioning #laspegassist, but I wasn't really sure what all it was. One of my friends was working the con, and she seemed really, really upset when we were leaving. According to her, the people running the con haven't been consulted about any donations, so I guess they specifically aren't asking for them, but they're gonna have a press release about it in a couple days.

Frankly, I saw this coming months ago when my friend told me that he was worried about the con because it was their first time putting it on, but they wanted to have so much stuff going on like at bronycon and other big cons back east. He said that he thought they were overextending themselves, and it looks like they did (it felt like they did when I was THERE). It sucks, but I don't think it's the bronies' faults; the people in charge of the con did a poor job in planning/budgeting. I think they only had like seven actual staff members, the rest were just volunteers.

All in all, I enjoyed it. Got my picture with Tara, in case you didn't see on my Facebook, got signed pictures taken with Andrea and Michelle, and a signature from Lee (in addition to Meghan's signed DVD). And of course dealers room stuff, shirts, prints, a Rainbow Dash hat. And now I am back.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Sweetness, thats fair enough some people need to eat...im more or less indifferent about how much or often I eat when Im doing things...I can put off eating for a day if I need to.

Gutted, but Im glad you were still able to get a CD....though was it my refference that made you get it? ....If so you owe it to me....

Nah bronycon as far as I am aware was a real fire

"But the Meadowlands Convention Center began blazing in an entirely different way when a light fixture on the ceiling of the Main Hall caught fire near the end of BronyCon’s writing panel featuring show creator Laura Faust, Amy Keating Rogers, Meghan McCarthy, Lee Tokar, and Peter New. Attendees and convention staff alike evacuated the main hall until firefighters arrived to put out the fire."

This one as far as I am aware wasnt so much a alarm pulled as much as it was someone stupid trying to go out a fire escape door with a alarm fitted.

Fair enough, I know they gave away several seats at certain tables (including delancies table) at the raffle though...they streamed that raffle.

If you mean de lancies second panel on sunday...it didnt happen. No reason was given, but since they were effectivly kicked out (It shut several hours before planned time) I guess it was cancled. But it was only really going to be a repeat panel anyways.

nothing really it was all really small things which have no effect on anything really...like maybe a side pony we will see again.

Yep that was the twitter feed setup for donations that the two people I mentioned were plugging in the stream. I will be interested to see what that release says.

But basically it seemed like it came down to being overly ambitious, under estimating the turnout and basically budgeting and doing things assuming the best will happen...which didnt. Of course its not bronys fault it is fully on those running the con.

They were basically trying to tap a market which already has several cons (meaning people who will travel and only choose specific cons most likly wont go to this one when they can only afford one or two). I no nothing about how good this con was outside of panels...but based on the number of empty seats at a lot of the panels it seems like it wasnt exactly a sell out.

Yeah thats pretty cool, I saw lots of stuff I would love to have gotten, and lots of cool cosplays.

I would have like to get peter news autograph as well

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 am
So I noticed Tara complaining about the con on Twitter. On the one hand, I can't really say I blame her, but it still sucks that the people running the con have made such a terrible impression for cons and specifically Vegas =/  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 am
GoldDiggingWhore
So I noticed Tara complaining about the con on Twitter. On the one hand, I can't really say I blame her, but it still sucks that the people running the con have made such a terrible impression for cons and specifically Vegas =/

Dont know if you saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn1VEvX2ns the stream asking for help to raise money for the VAs/musicians/writers etc (everfree has nothing to do with running the con, but they did want to help the guests not have to pay costs to have come to the convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0JaBJgp0yE is the follow up explaining more and showing where the funds raised went.

the people running the con totally jumped ship....it was the lower level staff, and bronie medias and such that basically took over and tried to save things on sunday.

"Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy
W/ all the #laspegassist drama we’ve lost sight of what’s really important: how good I looked in my pleather pants at the celeb dinner."

Meghan at least knows whats really important when all is said and done.

I also like M A Larsons auctions here where he auctioned buttons (Auctioning off A FOURTH of Pixelkitties' "I Believe" buttons that I'll sign. These are rare as fire rubies, since I've only ever signed two of them. I'll also throw in a script page from one of the episodes I wrote (your choice) )

"M.A. Larson ‏@M_A_Larson
Grand total: $2750. Four incredibly generous donors. And countless losers. (KIDDING)

But I have to say, so proud of the fans right now!"

He seems cool about it too, and he still very much respects the community.

Tara trolling riki gervais http://www.vocaltwit.com/5183 ....epic.

And of course http://bronies.com/lpu/forums/viewforum.php?f=6 fund raisers. Seems quite a few of the mlp staff understand that the con screwed up and not the community and want to help the community which is cool. And a couple items there I wouldnt mind getting.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:04 am
http://www.mane6.com/2013/03/m6v2.html#more

Seems like they took faust up on that offer she gave back on the 9th of feb. Should be interesting to see where it goes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:46 pm
YES.

I just read that earlier today and it gets all of my yes. All of it.

So ******** awesome heart heart heart  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Hive382

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 pm
I want to know everyone's ponysona!! Whats yours?? Please tell me!
Mine is Supernova.
Her special talent is fireworks!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
YES.

I just read that earlier today and it gets all of my yes. All of it.

So ******** awesome heart heart heart

XD yep pretty awesome. Faust is just a amazing human.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm
Henada

Mine is a work in progress, dont have any art for him yet (well besides a sketch). I need to get more of him. Need to find some good pony artists.

he doesnt have a name yet. But he is pretty opposite to yours in colours XD. He is very much a earth pony. Down to his earthy tones, and the fact that he works in nature. He is a reflection of me, so he is a adventure education/outdoor educator. (so he does all sorts of outdoor adventure stuffs/informal teaching/leadership teaching etc)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 am
Is it strange that I'm a brony and I don't have a ponysona?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Is it strange that I'm a brony and I don't have a ponysona?

Eh...my guy is basically just me as a pony...not really original or anything XD  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff