Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image
                                                    I'll lay me down tonight
                                                    Much further down
                                                    Swim in the calm tonight
                                                    This art goes drown

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ || Aɢᴇ 7 || Mɪᴅᴅʟᴇ Cʜɪʟᴅ

════════════════════════

Rhys had come to the shop as usual with is aunt, wanting to get out of the house. It was quiet without Kenny there, and while he tolerated Caty, she was just still younger than him in a lot of respects. The boy had wandered into the back area with all of the dogs, and was playing a bit with them before he heard his aunt and a guy talking. Curious, he walked back to the counter, laying his chin on top of it while observing the two of them. The guy seemed to come here often enough, and Rhys was curious as to why. Teal eyes observed the two, trying to figure out what was going on. It couldn't be the dog, could it? "Hi Mr. Edgeworth. What'cha doing here?" His voice was quiet, years of disuse causing the boy's formerly average volume to drop to a quiet mutter. He spoke more nowadays, but he was still as shy and quiet as the day he came from the orphanage. The only reason he even was talking to Mr. Edgeworth was because he saw him often enough, and he didn't seem like a bad guy. Siobhan seemed to like him, anyway.

════════════════════════

Thinking: What's he doing here?
                                                    OOC: ...

All insects sing tonight
                                                    The coldest sound
                                                    I'd send Gods grace tonight
                                                    Could it be found?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image
Wesley is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Regal at the Magical Menageriespace
CURRENTLY // single // in mourningspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Siobhanspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why is this so damned nerve-wracking?' spacespac

✦ ✦ ✦ People are soaring, always exploring, higher than they've ever been before.
But we are still down here, feet on the ground near, what will rise us up with the rest?
✦ ✦ ✦
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceWesley's smile was a bit strained, his nerves already getting the better of him. Why was this so damned awkward? He was almost fifty years old, for Merlin's sake, he shouldn't be standing around fiddling his thumbs and trying to fight a blush like some schoolboy. He noticed the white-haired boy approach and offered a smile and a wave. "Afternoon, Rhys," he said, feeling that this situation had just gotten exponentially more awkward. How was he supposed to as a woman to dinner in front of her nephew, after all? He shifted a bit, knuckles wrapping the countertop. "Ah, Gabrielle is fine. And no, the toys are all... well, most of the toys, are still in tact. She's managed to tear up... two of them? I should've known she'd get to them quick, though. Something about the color orange; she always tears those up quickly. I'm not sure why." Wesley swallowed again, trying to think of something to say to stall, which was rather backwards, since the longer this took the more he could feel his confidence and determination dwindling. He felt at a loss for words, though; typically they bantered back and forth a bit, she teased him about spoiling Gabby and would ask about Damien, and he'd... well, he supposed that would work, right? "Ah, the school year's almost over. Didn't you say your youngest was a first year? How is he enjoying it?" That was reasonable enough, right? Simple? He couldn't help but think that it sounded rather awkward and forced, though. "And your eldest... he's a... third year? How are his elective courses going?" Wesley tried to keep track of her children when they spoke, but it was rather difficult. There were quite a few of them, after all! And he couldn't recall how many nieces and nephews she had, either. He saw Rhys often enough since the quiet boy seemed to come to work with her fairly regularly, but aside from that, he could hardly keep them straight. He wasn't used to such large, complex families.

✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic, mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          And pulses are firing in our head wiring, guiding all our actions and beings.
                                                          ✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 am
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at the Magical Menageriespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Wesley and Rhysspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Surprisedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Wasn't he just here a couple of weeks ago?' spacespac

◆ ◇ ◆ Took this love and I took it down; climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills 'til the landslide brought me down
◆ ◇ ◆
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceSiobhan smiled as her nephew joined them, pleasantly surprised when the boy greeted Wesley. He was a quiet one, for sure. Not that being quiet was ever a bad thing, but he did seem quite inclined to be a wallflower, which wasn't always good, either. Still, he seemed to be opening up more and more every day. She patted him gently on the shoulder and turned back to Wesley, smiling in amusement. "Perhaps the color scheme bothers her, and so she takes the orange toys out first to ensure that things look aesthetically pleasing," she said with a chuckle, shrugging. She'd never seen Wesley in anything other than perfect monochromatic colors, white, grey, black and green. She'd be willing to bet that most of his house was similarly decorated. She would never quite understand this obsession former Slytherins had with the color, but then, she did wear red more than anything else. That wasn't because of her house, though; she'd been inclined towards the color before she'd ever been sorted.

spaceWhen he swallowed, she again got the impression that this visit wasn't about the usual business, though; he seemed nervous about something, though she couldn't fathom what. His question about her boys caused her to arch an eyebrow, because she was fairly certain that Jarlath and Adrienne's schooling had nothing to do with it, whatever it turned out to be. "Not my youngest, my youngest son. I have a daughter, as well, Prudence. She won't be attending for another few years yet, though. Adrienne seems to be enjoying himself, though, as best I can tell. At least, I haven't gotten any letters from him stating otherwise. As for Jarlath... well, I do think he may have overloaded himself a bit. But, he's keeping up with it all, I think."

spaceShe eyed the man carefully, considering what motivation he might have for coming in if not for dog toys and found herself at a loss. "So, if you're not here for dog toys or treats, how can I help you? Looking to adopt another to keep her company? Or yourself?" She pursed her lips thoughtfully. That could be it; his son was graduating this term, and would probably be moving out. Wesley had mentioned before that the boy had a long-term girlfriend; perhaps the pair would be marrying and moving out? Although, Wesley seemed like the sort to invite his son's wife to live in the family home. Perhaps the girl wasn't such a traditionalist, though. But, the idea of the boy moving out could certainly prompt a man to want more pets; he'd adopted Gabrielle when his wife had passed away. Perhaps that was how he filled the hole. She could relate; her home was bursting to the seams with furry creatures of all sorts, more than a few of them having been adopted lovingly to give her something to love after her husband had died and when her boys had gone away to school. It was better than sitting around wallowing in sorrow or feeling lonely, for sure.

◆ ◇ ◆ Well, I've been afraid of changing, 'cause I've built my life around you.
                                                          But time makes you bolder; children get older. I'm getting older, too.
                                                          ◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:13 am
User Image
                                                    I'll lay me down tonight
                                                    Much further down
                                                    Swim in the calm tonight
                                                    This art goes drown

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rhys watched the exchange quietly, his mouth forming an O when he heard something about Mr. Edgeworth adopting another dog. His white brows furrowed a bit, trying to remember. He had a husky, right? Laying his head on the counter, he peered up at the guy, the corners of his mouth twitching downward before a smile tugged them back up. "If Mr. Edgeworth is looking for another puppy, maybe he could take Tessa? She's a really good puppy, and likes attention. Or, you know, something like that..." The shy boy buried buried his face in his arms, trying to fight off the blush he was forming. But, he knew that the boxer puppy he mentioned was very nice and playful. Maybe Mr. Edgeworth wanted a puppy more playful than Gabrielle? Or maybe Gabrielle was lonely and wanted a friend? Rhys thought on it while fighting the blush that was now making him look like he was imitating one of the blushing lizards he'd read about once.

════════════════════════

All insects sing tonight
                                                    The coldest sound
                                                    Could it be found?

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:47 pm
User Image

✦ ✦ ✦ People are soaring, always exploring, higher than they've ever been before.
But we are still down here, feet on the ground near, what will rise us up with the rest?
✦ ✦ ✦

spaceWesley snorted a bit at the idea that Gabrielle's insistence on destroying the orange toys was an due to her discerning eye and desire to maintain appearances. He rather hoped not; if the she thought the shredded orange fabric and stuffing littered about his living room was a good look, he wasn't sure that they shared an opinion on what was aesthetically pleasing. Of course, she was a dog, and Brownie did a fair job keeping up after her, so it wasn't such an awful thing. "Well, I do wish she'd limit her decorating to her room," he said, shaking his head in amusement. He caught the look in her eye when he mentioned Gabby having her own room, and overlooked it with a light flush. He couldn't help it if the dog had her own bedroom; with a house as large as his, and so few occupants, really, it made sense. It wasn't as though she had her own four-poster bed and armoire.

spaceHe gave her a strained smile when she corrected him on the subject of her children. He'd thought he had them straight that time, after all. He made a mental note. Eldest Jarlath, youngest son Adrienne, and daughter... he tried to recall if he'd met the child, but no memory came to mind. He was sure he'd seen her before, but he doubted he could tell her apart from Siobhan's niece. And she did only have one niece, right? Still, he laughed a bit at her reference to Jarlath biting off more than he could chew. "I'm sure he'll get it sorted out. Ambition isn't a bad thing, after all. Neither is curiosity, or a desire to learn. He'll figure out which ones he cares for, take his OWLs, and drop those he doesn't want to continue taking." Wesley just hoped that the boy didn't go to the extremes his own son had. Although, he did supposed he understood Damien's reasoning; he's already shaken up the family foundation a fair bit, Wesley couldn't blame him for worrying that wanting to be a Wandmaker rather than a lawyer or a ministry worker would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Especially considering how very angry he'd been when he'd seen Damien's grades...

spaceThe former Slytherin opened his mouth to deny that he was here for another dog, but before the words got out, her nephew spoke, making an exceptionally convincing pitch for one of the other dogs (although he was fairly certain that a good bit of why it was so convincing was the faint blush that filled the boys cheeks when he spoke). His mouth gaped for a moment, at a loss for words. He really should've thought up an excuse for coming here today, he thought. Or waited until he needed more toys or food. But, he hadn't wanted to wait, hadn't wanted to put it off, afraid he'd lose his nerve. Which he supposed was a good thing to worry about, given how much of it he'd already lost just since he'd arrived. "I... ah... Well..." He stammered, trying desperately to think of something to say, but already, his mind was betraying him. Another dog wouldn't be a bad thing... Gabby did need someone to rough house with her a bit, after all... "I suppose... it wouldn't hurt... to meet this Tessa," he said finally, smiling at the child. He'd very quickly lost control of this situation... but, he supposed it could be worse. It wouldn't be awful to leave with a dog... it'd be a nice consolation prize if he didn't leave with a date.

✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic, mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          ✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:48 am
User Image

And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills 'til the landslide brought me down
◆ ◇ ◆

spaceSiobhan chuckled warmly at Wesley's apparent aggravation at his pup's predilection for redecorating. She did arch her brow for a moment, and just one moment, when he said she had her own room, but wrote it off quickly and hoped he didn't see. She didn't mean to mock him over his dog having her own room, after all; his house was apparently quite sizable, and he was mostly alone in it for the majority of the year... or would be permanently, if his son did decide to move in with his girlfriend. "Well, I'm sure something'll distract her from it. I'd say try to be more firm or let her out more often, but I know you said she can come and go as she pleases, and I doubt very highly you're capable of telling her no," the Irishwoman said, definitely teasing this time, her eyes sparking playfully. He was one of the more indulgent sort of pet owners, no doubt. That wasn't always a bad thing. He'd managed to train Gabby to behave enough that she didn't tear his house apart or cause problems other than some scrapped fabric on the floor, so really, there was no harm in him leaving her be. Besides, she really was a sweet dog.

spaceShe was hardly surprised to hear the man speak of the virtues of being ambitious; a former Slytherin would say just that, she thought to herself, somewhat amused. After all, ambition was one of the traits they were known for, and Wesley did seem to be a prime example of the better side of that house. Proper but not snobbish, ambitious but honest, clever but kind. It wasn't something she could say about many of the Slytherin's she'd met, sadly enough. "I'm more curious to see which ones he decides he cares so little about, he fails," she joked, shaking her head lightly. "Between his coursework and Quidditch, he'll have no free time unless he slacks off in a few of them." Sad, but true. Ah, well. Siobhan wouldn't scold him for failing... so long as the grades weren't too horrible or numerous. Although, if he had more than one T, she'd probably be furious.

spaceSiobhan barely suppressed a snicker when Rhys recommended that Wesley adopt Tessa and the look on the man's face as he fought to try and fail to articulate whatever it was he'd actually come for. She was curious, she couldn't deny. It wasn't for another pet, it wasn't toys or things for the one he had... what on Earth could he have possibly stopped by for? "Wesley, this wasn't a completely social visit, was it?" she asked, some of her shock at the idea registering in her voice. They'd been friendly with one another, obviously, but there'd always been a degree of propriety in place. He only came in when he had cause to, and while their conversation was pleasant, it was generally short-lived. She'd found herself rather enjoying his company of late, of course, but she'd hardly expected him to go out of his way to see her. Her cheeks colored lightly at the idea, and the color grew deeper as she saw the way his eyes darted away and his cheeks flushed.

spaceHe mentioned wanting to see Tessa, and so, flustered, Siobhan stepped out from behind the counter, waiting for Rhys to follow, and led the pair over to the dogs. "Ah, Rhys, mac mo dhearthár, could you please show him Tessa? I still can't keep her and her sister straight," she said gently, not being entirely honest. Really, she thought this might be a good opportunity to help Rhys out of his shell, just a bit. She knew perfectly well which of the two boxers was which... but Rhys didn't have to know that. If nothing else, he could point to the dog, and she'd take over from there, knowing he was at his limit. But, honestly, she was pretty sure it was the child's faint flush and shy demeanor that made him such a good salesman... or had in this case, since he hadn't really ever been that open with other customers.

◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:28 pm
User Image
                                                    I'll lay me down tonight
                                                    Much further down
                                                    Swim in the calm tonight
                                                    This art goes drown

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rhys blinked up at Siobhan, then frowned. She wanted him to show Mr. Edgeworth Tessa? Feeling suddenly nervous, he nodded quietly, hopping down from the counter and walking quickly over to where the dogs were kept. He reached out to one of the cages, fingers slipping easily through the bars as he let the brindle-coated boxer sniff and lick his fingers. "This is Tessa. She's really friendly, and likes it when you scratch her ears and her right shoulder. I haven't figured out why shelikes that one and not the other, though. She also likes chewing on rawhide toys, especially the giant bone ones. Umm, if you take her, you will treat her nicely, right?" Rhys peered up through his snowy fringe, eyes wide and bright as he looked at Mr. Edgeworth. He hoped he would treat Tessa nicely. The puppy was one of his favourites, after all.

════════════════════════

All insects sing tonight
                                                    The coldest sound
                                                    Could it be found?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 pm
User Image

✦ ✦ ✦

spaceWesley tensed, his jaw tightening as Siobhan seemed to realize why he was here. She flushed, too, and he had to admit, it looked somewhat adorable. Not that he'd ever say so; he had a feeling that the no-nonsense Irishwoman would chaff at the idea of being adorable. He followed her to the cages, watching with some amusement as she interacted with her nephew. The boy was quiet, shy, almost afraid. It somewhat reminded him of Damien the Summer after first year... that thought made him cringe. He certainly hoped the boy's shyness was just that and not the result of something so awful. He glanced at the pup Rhys pointed out, smiling somewhat. He didn't miss the look in the boy's eyes when he looked at Tessa. The former Slytherin was willing to bet that the child would love to take her home. At that thought, a plot formed.

spaceWes leaned down on his knee to be at about Rhys' height, smiling warmly at the child. "I would take very good care of her, Rhys. But, I think... that you would like to take care of her, instead. So, I'll make you a deal. I'll convince your aunt to let you take Tessa home... if you convince her to go to dinner with me Saturday night," he said softly, voice amused. How strange, that it was so easy to tell the child what he wanted and so hard to tell her. Then again. he wasn't exactly worried about being rejected by telling Rhys. And the child, should he choose to help, would probably do a far better job of getting Siobhan to agree to a date. After all, who could resist that face?

✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 pm
User Image
                                                    I'll lay me down tonight
                                                    Much further down
                                                    Swim in the calm tonight
                                                    This art goes drown

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rhys's eyes went as wide as saucers as Mr. Edgeworth gave him a deal. He wanted Rhys to ask his aunt to go to dinner with him? But, didn't dinners involve the entire family? He shifted, thinking hard. On one hand, he really did like Tessa, but on the other hand, why couldn't the older man ask Siobhan himself? He debated with himself, very conscious of the fact that he was the centre of attention. He let Tessa chew absently at his fingers, thinking. Was it a bad thing to ask? He chewed his own lip, considering the options. On one hand, he got a puppy, something that he really liked and wanted to have since coming into the shop years ago. On the other, he had to ask his aunt about a dinner with the older man.

He looked from one to the other, thinking more. Then he made his mind up.
                                                    "Okay Mr. Edgeworth, I will, even if you should ask her cause you're the one wanting dinner." Rhys then turned toward his aunt, his teal eyes fixing on Siobhan's. "Aintín a, can you go to dinner with Mr. Edgeworth, even though he's an adult and should ask you for permission instead of asking me to? I think he really wants to, and he said he'll ask if I can keep Tessa if you say yes." He chewed his lip, hoping that was good enough. It might not be, but he didn't know. He blushed, feeling like this was really confusing.

════════════════════════

All insects sing tonight
                                                    The coldest sound
                                                    Could it be found?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:15 pm
User Image

◆ ◇ ◆

spaceSiobhan watched Rhys carefully as he told Wesley about Tessa, a bit of pride swelling in her. Rhys really seemed to have a knack for this... or maybe he just really liked dogs. Either way, she was impressed. Not just with his sales pitch (which was pretty impressive for a seven year old), but with the fact that he was talking to someone. The boy was shy, almost painfully so, and she did worry about him a bit. He had a few years still until he'd be off to Hogwarts, but she was terrified that being at the school, without his family, surrounded by strangers, would be too much for him. She wanted him to branch out... she didn't mind that he was introverted and shy, but there was that layer of fear in there, too, and that was what worried her. But the way he talked to Wesley about Tessa... she felt a bit more at ease seeing that.

spaceShe watched Wesley kneel to talk to Rhys, and waited to see the child duck behind her legs, but it didn't come, She barely even heard the man's words, she was so fixated on her nephew, until the child replied and it suddenly registered that Wesley had asked Rhys to 'convince' her to go to dinner with him. Wait, dinner? Like a date? Her eyes went wide. She gave Rhys a wry smile at his response. Well, he certainly wasn't beating around the bush. As the snowy-haired child turned back to her, her hand went to her mouth, snickering a bit, a bright flush filling her cheeks. Oh, that sneaky snake, getting her nephew to ask her to dinner with the promise of a puppy. As if Rhys couldn't have asked her to take the dog home! She really should've seen how attached he was, really... well, she'd just have to talk to his fathers. Or tell them that it was her dog and that Rhys just really liked playing with her... "Ah, Rhys, you know, you are absolutely right, Mr. Edgeworth really should ask himself," she said, eyeing the man with a bit of amusement. "But, if it's really that important to him, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go to dinner with him." Her hand went to Rhys' hair, and she eyed Wesley very carefully. "So, how, exactly, do you intend on convincing me to let Rhys have this dog?" she asked, her eyes amused. As if she wouldn't let him have the dog... still, she was curious as to what exactly Wesley would say.

◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:17 am
User Image

✦ ✦ ✦

spaceWesley barely fought the urge to scowl at the scolding he was receiving at the hands of a seven year old, the urge thankfully combated by amusement at the fact that he was being scolded by a seven year old. He listened to the child ask his aunt about going to dinner, chuckling as the child again felt the need to point out that he should be asking her himself. Why ever should he do that, after all, when there was no way she could say no to her nephew? It certainly calmed his nerves... and maybe it was a bit underhanded, but, well, he was a Slytherin, after all. The child's honesty and rather blunt phrasing was oddly endearing, but also a bit worrisome. But when Siobhan spoke to the child, she said yes, so really, wasn't that all that mattered? He smiled as she tuned back to him, asking about the dog. He smirked. "I do admit, I may have cheated a bit on the deal. I figured getting you to agree to let him take the dog home would be cake compared to getting you to agree to a date." He flushed a bit at that. Well, it was rather true. He hadn't expected her to agree so easily... and was fairly certain that she wouldn't have if he'd asked her himself. "I mean, it's obvious he loves that pup. I'm surprised that you haven't already taken her home." He watched her face carefully for any sign of annoyance, of anger, but none came. If nothing else, she looked flustered and amused, which he took as a good sign. "So, Saturday works for you? Around seven o'clock? I thought we could try that restaurant that opened a bit down the road last year." He didn't want to give her a chance to change her mind. Or to get annoyed with him. Which he was certain was a possibility.

✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:11 pm
User Image

◆ ◇ ◆

spaceSiobhan narrowed her eyes at the man, smiling in spite of herself. Cheated. He'd cheated. Of course he had! She rolled her eyes a bit, shrugging. "Do you know how many animals I would have if I took one home every time one of the kids wanted to?" she asked him, shaking her head in amusement. She patted her nephew on the head and offered him a small smile. "But, you're right... Rhys does seem rather attached." The blonde sighed in exasperation, but the sigh turned into a laugh before it ended. "Well, I can always tell his fathers that she's mine," she said, figuring that Aedan and Ciaran couldn't complain about her getting a new dog... nor could they have a problem with Rhys being attached to said dog. She shook her head. "And you are sneaky. But, seven on Saturday sounds... very nice." At this, she flushed. Dating felt so much more awkward now that she was grown! Being young certainly had it's advantages.

spaceThere were a few more pleasantries exchanged, and then Wesley was gone, with a promise to meet her at La Petite Fantasie that weekend. She could hardly believe she had a dinner date, but it seemed that she did. She also had absolutely no idea how she was going to tell her children about it.

◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:45 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Loving Marina Aldred
                                                          Looking Casual at The Magical Menagerie with Mari
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Amused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ' This is completely ridiculous... but when isn't she? '

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I've traveled and unwound my own truth yeah ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          I've laid my head on the rock of youth yeah ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien pushed the door to the pet shop open, trying to look inconspicuous. He didn't know how successful he was being... to be honest, he didn't quite know what inconspicuous was supposed to look like. Not that he thought he was particularly noticeable under normal circumstances, he was rather easy to miss, but there was currently not much of a crowd inside the shop, so their arrival was unlikely to go unnoticed. The key, then, was to look like they were here for no other reason than to buy food for his owl and Mari's cat. It was hardly an unreasonable cover... but the fact that it was a cover at all was probably making him look very suspicious. He was still chuckling slightly at his girlfriend. He shouldn't have been so surprised that she wanted to spy on his father's girlfriend, really, but he'd expected a bit more warning before she decided to actually do it. Not for her to blind-side him because she'd expected him to say no. Which... he supposed he might've. At first. But they both knew she'd have talked him into it. Far easier than he cared to admit, really. She had him wrapped around her finger... and they both knew it. Hell, everyone knew it.

spaceHe shook his head, hand going to her lower back and guiding her to the shelves displaying the food. Really, it was an excuse to get close to her. He leaned his head in and brushed his lips against her cheek, then indicated, subtly, with a nod of his head towards the counter. "That's her," he murmured in her ear. Behind the counter sat a blonde woman, about his father's age, probably a bit younger, very pretty. Damien already liked her more than his mother for the simple fact that she owned her own shop, and worked in it, which meant that obviously she didn't think she was above such things. From what his father had told him, she wasn't particularly regal, which was actually a compliment. The Slytherin thought that his family had had quite enough with nobility. If Siobhan was down to earth, she already was on his good side. Wesley needed someone to make him loosen up.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ I've trusted and then broken my own word
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Just to keep me free in this mad, mad word

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:27 pm
Dire straits and dirty consequences...
An invitation to your personal disaster!
It's a point break; another guilty conscience.
And you won't stop me 'til I get just what I'm after!
I'm taking you down with me; 'til you...
Can't sleep, can't breathe!
You met your enemy!
Won't get no peace with me!

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
MINISTRY OF MAGIC AUROR IN TRAINING
PROUD HALFBLOOD AND FORMER SLYTHERIN

User Image
I'm taking you down with me: Amused | Can't sleep, can't breathe: Must...not...laugh... | You met your enemy: Damien | Won't get no peace with me: The Magical Menagerie

Marina walked lightly. Not that she usually stomped around, but she tried to make her footsteps a little less loud as she entered the shop after Damien. It helped that she was wearing canvas flats and not something like heeled or boots. She had hoped there might be a bunch of customers inside, but the shop was not bustling with people, at the moment, making their entrance even more obvious. She wanted to sigh a little, but restrained herself. She'd learned from her training that if you wanted to go unnoticed, you had to at least look like you had a plan in mind and weren't just being a random creep lurking in a corner. Damien was still chuckling a little at her, which she was a little indignant about but let go, because the fact that he was chuckling probably made them look less suspicious and more natural, right? Besides, she was at the moment very happy with him, simply because he was willing to go along with her crazy scheme and seemed much more amused than exasperated with her. She didn't like to annoy him, after all. Unless he was acting like an idiot and deserved it.

She let him guide her to the shelves and slid her arm around him as well, leaning into him casually. She fought to keep her gaze from immediately shooting to the counter, and waited a moment before chancing a glance. "Her" was a very lovely looking blonde woman. She just looked... sweet. Just like the sort of person you could tell was good natured just by looking at their face. Marina was willing to bet she had been a Hufflepuff or Gryffindor in Hogwarts, even if it was a bit stereotypical of her to think you could tell just by glancing at someone. But she gave off that sort of vibe, Marina thought. She definitely seemed much, much different than what Damien's mother had been like. She owned and ran her own shop, of course, but it wasn't only that. She just seemed more natural. Marina was honestly a little surprised this was the woman Wesley Edgeworth was dating, but change was good, right? "She seems sweet," she whispered to Damien, hiding it by turning towards him a bit more and picking up a bag of owl treats. In a much more normal voice, she said, "What about these for Tobias?".

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.

Cara MiaKitty

You tried to tempt fate, be careful what you wish for...
I'll take you deeper and strip you of salvation!
It's a crusade to bring you to your knees;
It's what you wanted, your last manipulation.
The lower you go the less that you'll know...
You're sinking to the bottom now...
You're losing control...
The lower you go...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Wesley Edgeworth
                                                          Looking Lovely at Work with Customers
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Happy
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ' Why does he seem so familiar...? '

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The whole world could change in a minute; ◆ ◇ ◆xxx
                                                          Just one kiss could stop it spinning ◆ ◇ ◆xxxxxx
                                                          ══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSiobhan glanced up briefly at the sound of bells, a signal that someone had entered the shop. She watched the pretty redhead and what she could only assume was her boyfriend for a second, the went back to her paperwork. But, after a moment, she looked back up, brow crinkling. There was something... familiar, about the young man. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she could swear she knew him... which was ridiculous, because he couldn't have been more than twenty-five, and she did not make a habit of hanging around such young people. She was too old for that nonsense, she thought with a small chuckle. But, she couldn't deny that there was something positively familiar about him... she watched the pair approach the food section, curious. Something about the way he stood, the way he walked... she tilted her head to the side, determined to get to the bottom of this.

spaceWere she more like Wesley, her family a bit more uppercrust, she might've attributed this sense of knowing to having seen him at some event. All the old, rich families knew one another, after all. And there was something rather... Slytherin, about the pair, although the young man bore a much stronger sense of this than his companion. Siobhan eyed them curiously for another second before setting her pen down, closing her books, and placing them back under the counter. She slipped out from behind the register and approached the pair with a warm smile. Perhaps he would recognize her, then, from whatever place they might happen to know each other, and would remind her just what it was. "Afternoon," she said, offering a small wave. "Is there something I can help you with?" The pair seemed like they knew what they were here for, having gone straight to the owl treats, but then, that didn't mean they didn't have other reasons for being here. There was no reason she couldn't be of service.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◆ ◇ ◆ We could think it through;
                                                          xxxxxx◆ ◇ ◆ But I don't want to if you don't want to

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash