Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 pm
"It's fine," he insisted, a slight frustration reaching his voice; her obvious doubt only bolstered his resolve. "It's fine, I can do it."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:24 pm
She honestly didn't dare say anything to try and stop him, Though she had read and been told time and time again, not to leave him unattended when they were trying things like this, especially for the first time she didn't think it was a good idea at all.
"You can do it." She reassured, willing to let him try "but please let me stay, just in case."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 pm
"I don't really want an audience," he countered, his tone increasingly bitter. "I'd rather not have someone standing there staring while I drag myself around like some kind of crippled--" He drew in a long breath, silent until the hostility subsided from his features. "Sorry," he said, the words unnaturally calm, "forget it. I won't try. It doesn't matter."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:35 pm
She closed the hand at her side, but took what he was saying with a silent attention.
"I didn't mean to make it seem like I was going to be an audience, I should be sorry I didn't stop to think about what that might make you feel."
rubbing her arm with a great deal of embarrassment she looked up, feeling relived when he said he wasn't going to try, but what followed was a deep feeling of guilt.
"N no, no," she said blinking sharply holding her hands up "You need to be able to feel free to try different things when you feel like you're ready. I'm not trying to be discouraging, I'm sorry." she explained hurridly  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:47 pm
He was being unfair, irrational, and pointlessly harsh towards someone who was guilty of nothing more than expressing concern. He understood this, but he still didn't want to yield. He gave no response, his expression stolid and impassive.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm
This was hard for him, she knew it would be, so she couldn't honestly be upset with how he was just trying to express himself, or not, or just trying to figure everything out.
She knew he was just trying to cope.

Waiting in the silence for him to say something, reaching a hand up to her shoulder when it lingered for longer then expected.
"I'll go start breakfast then." speaking to break the silence after a moment remembering to keep her tone in mind, she didn't want to depress the situation any more.
But it might be good to not go dragging him around right now, let him cool off a bit before she tried again to offer some help.
She watched him for a couple more seconds, giving him a moment to reply if he wanted to, before she started back out into the kitchen.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:00 pm
He gave no reply when she seemed to await one, remaining still and silent when she left. He was left feeling little besides terrible - guilty, self-centered, tired, sore, it went on and on. Terrible. If he were being honest he would have admitted, at least to himself, that he didn't really feel like trying to move anymore; he didn't really feel like moving at all, even under the prospect of having assistance. Stubbornness won out, however, as though he had something to prove, and he slowly, painfully, carefully pushed himself from the bed.

Before too long Rosie would notice a muffled thud followed closely by the dull hiss of murmured profanity.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:26 pm
It was easy to worry, so easy to just be upset and worry. the light clatter of pans on the stove, moving to the fridge.
It was easy to feel guilty for what happened to him, and get upset with herself for being insensitive.
Pulling out eggs butter, some milk
It was so easy to just want to fall apart every time she had to see his face and just know how miserable he was.
A bowl... where did she put her big bowl?
And she knew that it was only normal to feel this way, she couldn't think of anyone in a situation like this that wouldn't, but she couldn't worry about that right now. If anything she had to completely disregard it.

Don't let this upset you, try to be more aware next time, this was just going to get harder, and you can do it. You can do it.
She can, and she would.

The burner clicked to life, her hand reaching up to brush her hair out of her face when she heard the thud.
She jumped in surprise, then turned to look past the Kitchen. "Luke?"
Oh no, please don't say he tried to do it himself.
stepping out of the Kitchen she hurried over "Are you okay?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:45 pm
It didn't seem like something as simple and ordinary as sitting up should be so difficult, though retrospectively Luke supposed he should have known as much. Without control of the musculature of his hips and without thinking in advance that he would need to concentrate on balance, he wasn't able to remain upright for long. It was frustrating, immensely so, and he remained on his elbows, teeth gritted, despite the fiery sensation the pressure sent digging through his shoulder blades. He wasn't going to give up now, that was for damned sure.

His reflexive response to Rosie's approach wasn't a kind one, and his thoughts and senses were too overwhelmed for him to think to soften the harsh anger of his tone, "Don't you dare come near me!"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 pm
Shocked to see him on the floor, Rosie's first and immediate instinct was to get over and help him at once.
His words stopped her dead however, before she could get two steps into the room, freezing in her tracks with a slight jerk in response to the anger in his voice.
"Luke you can't push yourself like this yet! Please, You need to let yourself heal first."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 pm
"Shut up!" The expression he wore was feral like that of a cornered animal, wounded and desperate, and his thoughts were all fog in his head. Biting back a groan, he pushed himself a little higher, his body trembling. "Don't you tell me what I can't do! This is nothing! This is absolutely nothing, and if I can't do this then what? What can I do?" He shook his head, forcing a fist against the floor. "Don't touch me. Don't help me. I swear I will ******** do this myself!"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:15 pm
Rosie flinched back in surprise at the veracity that her words were met with. This scared her, the way he looked the way he talked to her, the the way he was still putting pressure on his body that she could tell he wasn't going to be able to take.
But she shut up, stunned on the spot into speechlessness as she just stood there clasping her shaking hands into one another.
What was she supposed to do? what was she supposed to do? she kept repeating in her head, not daring to take another step in, looking like she was trying to say something but words evaporated into nothing.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 pm
Sera could've sworn she'd heard a raised voice emanating from within the house as she stepped up to the door, but as she knocked briefly out of some lingering sense of obligation and opened the door, she didn't hear anything else. "Hello?" She called, a light frown on her face as she stepped inside and closed the door behind her. This didn't exactly feel right - for one thing, she couldn't hear any music. "You guys up yet?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 pm
Another voice outside of the room drew Rosie's attention, someone else was in the house.
In the hopes that it was someone who would know what to do, Rosie stepped back, turning to go into the other room.
"S Sera!" she gasped hurrying over to her and reaching out to grab her arms "Sera, I don't know what to do."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm
To say she expected this kind of greeting would be a blatant, outright lie; her eyes widened as Rosie practically flew over to her and grabbed her arms, and she raised her hand to lightly touch Rosie's in return. "What? What's wrong?" She asked, already moving to try and go to Luke's room. What happened? Was he more paralyzed now? Did he go into another coma or something?  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff