Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Call To Aid Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 am
The Jirachi perked herself up higher, looking off into the mountains that Luke had pointed, then back down at the map as he explained what the map was for.
It was all a bit foreign to her, but she was starting to understand what he was doing.
"That's... its like humans know magic!" She exclaimed, impressed with this idea of navigation.
floating up higher again she pointed off in the direction of north. "That way is north!"
There was a moment where she hung in silence, eying the mountains with her previously amazed expression falling to one of uncertainty.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:11 am
(Please post how you're character travels. On what pokemon. Via air or ground.)

Rosie shook her head lightly at Akira and offered him a smile. She understood where the man inside was coming from. But she was sad that Akira got caught up in it in such an unpleasant way.
"Its okay, and hey. Maybe that five bucks will be worth it once this is all over"
She offered, reaching out to put a hand on his shoulder.

As they got ready to go, Rosie walked over while Luke took a moment to get his bearings on the compass, and explain to the curious Legendary what he was doing.
Rosie glanced up to the mountains they would be heading in.
"We only have a general idea of where we're heading," She peered down at Luke's map "He mentioned that there are abandoned mines running through that aria, so I guess we'll have to keep and eye out for that."
She eyed were the map had marks that indicated mineshaft, but they sprawled quite a distance.

A hand reached down to her belt, where she pulled one of the balls off, expanding it and releasing the large antlered Sawsbuck out.
He knew how to travel in forest and mountains. and she wanted to be on the ground so she could look for landmarks that might otherwise be covered by treetops.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am
Hanging in the background and trying not to loom Dith let the youngsters do the talking, there wasn't much for him to add and he couldn't begin to guess at where Ray had gone. The tourist information place seemed like a good bet though, and after the discussion with Akira he waited for the others to make their purchases before stepping forward to buy a map for himself. If they had to split up or were separated by accident it would be better for him to have his own.

With this done he stepped outside and moved back over to the gaggle of young trainers, now making a conscious effort to be a bit more sociable. He had been too quiet so far on this trip. "No time to waste," he agreed with a nod to Sera.

Having thought that he should chat more however, she was right; they were on a mission here not at a social gathering. Reaching down to his belt Dith grabbed Dolly's pokeball and released the huge Rapidash, quickly mounting up. After a moment of thought he also released Zla. "Follow us in stealth Zla, never know what could be out there," he instructed, using English so that his friends would know what he was on about.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:11 pm
He laughed lightly at the Jirachi's reaction. "It's not quite magic, but it is pretty amazing, isn't it?"

The legendary's overall enthusiasm made it easy to relax, but as her joviality subsided, stunted by the growing reality of what they were facing, it was an immediate reminder that this was anything but a leisurely trip. Their destination was set, leaving the choice of how to go about getting there. Going by Pidgeot didn't seem like the best option in this instance, since flying would disconnect him from the terrain they were navigating, but he was without an alternative mount.

"Rosie," he said, "sorry, do you mind if I ride with you?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:12 pm
When Rosie and Dith loosed their two pokemon, both Sera and Nicolette released and mounted their respective Rapidash. The brunette silently urged Luna over to Luke's side and she reached her hand out, "Can I see the map and your compass for a minute?" While she fully trusted his judgement, her intentions were twofold: Ascertain their current position and destination for herself, since she liked to know exactly what was going on at all times, and also to free up his hands so that he could more easily join Rosie.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:37 pm
Dith has received one map

Rosie reached her hand out to pet Grealhorn's nose as he turned to face his trainer.
"We're going up into the mountains," She told the large stag "We need to move as quickly as possible, and Luke's going to be the one showing us what way we need to go, but we also need to keep an eye out for anything that might lead us to Ray. I know you can help with that."

The Sawsbuck gave a firm snort in acknowledgment and Rosie grinned at him. "Thank you Greal."

When Luke spoke to her she turned to give him her attention, taking a moment to realize that he didn't have a ground mount, and probably realized some problems with flying like she did.
"Yeah, of course you can."

As everyone prepared to leave in the next couple of moments, Rosie got on Greal's back just as easy as she could on Pastin's and gesturing him to walking over to where Luke was, Greal lowered his height enough as he bowed bowed to his knees, and Rosie held a hand out to help Luke up.
"He's pretty different from a Rapidash though, I'll let you know. Sawsbuck take longer leaps instead of gallops, just do you're prepared and he doesn't throw you off."
One hand held to the pokemon's antlers to give her anchor "Just hold on to me"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:47 pm
"Sure," he offered the items to Sera as they were requested; it was indeed a convenience for him, giving him more maneuverability get astride the Sawsbuck. He accepted Rosie's assistance gladly, relieved to be off his feet for a while - even if riding wasn't the most physically relaxing activity in the world. He nodded in response to her words with a quiet word to affirm his understanding, resting a hand at her side as he waited for Seraphine to finish whatever she wanted to do with the compass and map.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 pm
"Uh. A bit." Lin offered, as the Legendary questioned him, but gave no explanation as for why, before watching it drift back to Luke.
He didn't exactly feel relieved, but he did feel a little bit bad- an unqualified sort of 'badness' that he wasn't sure about; it was as if he suspected he'd offended the little Legendary somehow, and resolved that he'd be more careful if she talked to him again.
That was the root though, he was sure; pokémon couldn't usually talk -or- feel the emotions of people... He wasn't sure how he felt about having it be able to read him in such a way.

As they moved to set off, Lin grinned when he saw Grealhorn appear; it was nice to see another Sawsbuck, though he was much different, and much bigger, than Moriko.
Ah. Moriko.
The boy tapped her pokéball and called out the grass type, explaining to her where they were off to, and pointing out the mountains... which the Jirachi was now... Well, he wasn't sure what it was doing.
He mounted, and patted Moriko's neck, ready to set off.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm
Sera accepted the map and compass, then laid the map open atop Luna's withers and held it there with her short arm, leaning forward a bit so she could do so. In her hand she held the compass and pokegear near the map as she took a quick glance around to assure herself of their current location so she knew where they were starting - not that it was very difficult to do so - and with that done, it didn't take too long at all for her to also figure out the proper direction in which to go and a rough estimate of the distance they would need to cover before arriving in the circled area. She felt much more comfortable now that she'd had a look at the map and compass, and once Luke had gotten on Grael the brunette reached over to hand the items back to him. A thought occurred to her though, and she debated it briefly before asking of everyone but mostly her two best friends, "D'you think we should send a flying-type on ahead?"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:16 pm
"I think that would be wise," Dith nodded to Sera's suggestion. "I am afraid I don't have one to offer though." He really needed to get a flying type, one big enough to carry him at that. Much as he loved his current team and wasn't fussed by collecting for its own sake now that he was tangled up in all of this there was practicality to consider. Flying type, water type, but that would put him above six pokemon and who could he leave behind?... Unless he found himself a flying and water type of course.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:00 pm
Luke received the items passed back to him, situating himself in preparation to depart. At Sera's idea, seconded by Dith, he transferred the navigation tools to his right hand to retrieve the premier ball on his belt, raising it in suggestion, "I can send Leste ahead." He pressed the switch to release the large green and white bird, fluffing her feathers briefly and tilting her head in expectation of instruction. Her trainer turned the map for her to view, indicating two points, "We're heading from here to here. Can you fly a little ways ahead of us and let us know if you spot anything out of the ordinary?"

The bird studied the map, tilting her head this way and that with her dark eyes narrowed in concentration. Eventually she puffed up her chest, warbled her positive response, and pushed off into the air, circling around the group ready to follow. Honestly she was a little offended that her human was riding another pokemon, but she supposed this was another way she could be helpful.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:02 pm
"Yes, hopefully," Akira agreed with Rosie, adopting a small smile. But inside he was less upset about the five bucks and more upset about his situational poverty as well as his general worthlessness as a whole. Not that she needed to know; she had enough on her mind, and it was a great deal more important than his self pity.

Once he returned his attention to the matter at hand, however, her realized he had an issue of a whole different kind - transportation. He would have preferred not to ride any more pokemon, but that didn't seem to be an option at the moment. It was too far and it would take to long to walk on foot. And even if he did borrow, rent, or steal one of the jeep-things back at the tour cabin, he wasn't confident enough in his driving skills to get where he wanted to go safely, even if it was even terrain meant for vehicles.

Glancing about, it seemed most of the people he knew already had their transportation planned out, so perhaps it was time to introduce himself to a few others of their party. Turning to the other brown-haired young man of their group, Akira held up a hand in a timid greeting. "Hello," he said shyly. "Um...you wouldn't mind if I rode with you on your lovely pokemon, would you?" It seemed a great deal safer than any of those flaming equine, anyway.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:01 pm
Lin blinked- he hadn't been expecting the request- but smiled and shrugged, before turning to Moriko.
"You mind two?"
The Sawsbuck, though she wasn't as large as Greal, was still sturdy, and strong. She'd not carried two people before, but she felt like she could.
Moriko snorted and dipped her head slightly, which Lin took for a yes and patted her shoulder.
"If it's okay with her- and she says it is- it's okay with me." The boy agreed; besides, he was proud of his pokémon, and he didn't often get to show just how helpful they could be; he was a little glad that the Sawsbuck had agreed.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:06 pm
With a look of immense relief, Akira bowed in gratitude to both the pokemon and her trainer. "Thank you both so much," he told them. "I'm Akira, by the way. As you may have noticed, I'm not exactly used to 'roughing it', so I hardly came prepared," he sheepishly confessed.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 pm
"Uh. You're welcome." Lin smiled, and then shrugged a little.
"I don't think you'll find it as bad as you think it might be... But I guess I can't really say that without knowing you..." He never really had a problem with it; home wasn't much more than a tree-bound shed, really, and he spent enough time outside of it before traveling that he hadn't noticed a huge amount of difference between the two... Just the scenery changed a lot more and things were a little harder to find sometimes.

Jeeves watched the man with some interest, then moved himself onto Moriko's head, who snorted at the two humans, reminding them to mount up so they could get going.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff