Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Winter Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:13 pm
"'Cause they don't speak French...?" It really seemed quite simple to him, but then he had been communicating with Rosie that way for so long that he didn't remember that she used a translator unless he stopped and thought about it.

Passingly Luke wished that his default setting was speaker phone, and he watched, confused, as the Rocket silently answered the ringing gear.

There was initially silence on the other end of the line as the caller apparently waited for an answer, followed by a vaguely puzzled voice, "Fabre? Are you even there?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:15 pm
-Mute-
"Fabre! That's how you pronounce it." Ryan said with a snap of his fingers
-unmute-
"I'm sorry who's speaking?" Ryan asked, sounding confused.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:23 pm
Luke frowned in thought. Who would be calling addressing him by his last-- oh. Someone from the embassy. He supposed they were probably obligated to yell at him for not showing up.

There was another pause, and when the man calling spoke again, it was with an incredulous irritation to his tone, "Victor Beaumont? You know, from the department of diplomatic relations? The supervisor you were supposed to report to an hour and a half ago? Ring any bells?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 pm
"Uh... wow, Sorry sir, but I think you might have the wrong number." ryan replied, pulling of an apologetic tone  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:34 pm
"I-- What?" There was a slight shuffling of papers, overlaid eventually by a quieter, mildly embarrassed voice, "My apologies for the disturbance, sir, and good day to you."

A faint click signified the end of the call, though scarcely a few moments would pass before the gear once again indicated an incoming call, predictably from the same caller.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:36 pm
Ryan laughed when the caller hung up, holding the gear in his hand and grinning down at it and waiting, only grinning wider when the gear started ringing again.
Trying not to laugh he straightened his face and answered "uh... Hello?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:37 pm
There was yet another pause before the caller spoke, "...I don't suppose this Ambassador Fabre, is it?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:39 pm
Ryan paused, blinking in surprise at something the man on the other line had said, but gathered himself for a reply anyway.

"No, sorry its me again. I'm sorry, are you sure you're dialing the right number?" He asked, with a genuinely helpful way.

Kyle and Jamie both rolling in silent laughter.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:42 pm
"I see..." There was a another shuffle of papers, and the man read out a series of numbers. "Is this that number?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:44 pm
"Yeah, that's the number your calling." The Rocket confirmed, though honesty having no idea. "Sorry."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:47 pm
The man responded with a mildly irritated grumble. "I see. Thank you, and again, my apologies for the disturbance. Good day." The call ended.

Luke supposed that as a hostage he really couldn't have any expectations of being filled in, but that certainly didn't prevent a frustrated curiosity.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 pm
"You're an Ambassador!?" Ryan burst out once the phone was hung up. "How the s**t? How old are you?!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:50 pm
Luke reacted with due surprise in response to the sudden shout, though it at least confirmed that it was definitely the embassy that had called. "Twenty...?" he answered tentatively.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:58 pm
"How the hell does that happen?" Ryan asked, looking between the two men he was with a shocked look.

Jamie frowned "Are you from Grand Ile or something? They speak french there, and why else would Kodo need an ambassador."
The tanned skinned man ran a hand through his hair, furrowing his brow.
"I thought he was just a trainer."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:05 pm
Luke nodded briefly, his tone airy, "Lord of House Fabre of Grande Ile's Parliamentary noble houses." It really wasn't necessary to give them that much information, but he didn't see how them having that information could necessarily hurt him, either.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff