Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
1x1--KetchupMan & LoverlyJessica Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Ukitake watched in amusement as he came out of his hiding spot. He watched over the three guards, making sure they would not escape. The ninja shuffled through a few seals before summoning the ogre again quietly.

"Watch those three in the back", he commanded.

The ogre nodded as Ukitake ran for the window. He soon noticed an army of fifty dark elves approaching from below.

"This is bad, Imiar. They're coming."

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:47 pm
User Image
Imiar hissed in annoyance at the mayor's still tongue, "You choose now of all times to shut up?"

When she heard what Ukitake said, she dropped the mayor, and stuck another dark magic spear through his shirt rather than his actual shoulder. She walked over to the window, seeing too many familiar faces in the army that was approaching.

Azhug joined them at the window, and grimly laid a hand on Imiar's shoulder, "I suppose it is time for you to go then, my friend." He said, almost sadly.

She placed a hand over his, and said, "Do not feel sadness, if you're still alive in a couple of years, I may be back again." She smiled before moving away from the window towards the mayor.

She kneeled down, and reached into the mayor's pocket to find a bag full of gold, a hefty sum of 5,000 gold, "Consider this as part of the payment for Daikoku's head." She then walked over to the fae guard, who glared at her, and broke his hand, freeing the list of Daikoku's spies from his grasp. She then turned back to the mayor and held up the list, "And since you're short the 5,000 that I was supposed to get for bringing this back... It's kind of like I never even got it..." With that, her magic began to eat at the paper, leaving nothing in it's wake.

"You b***h!" the mayor howled angrily, struggling against the spear of dark magic that held him to the floor.

Imiar shrugged, "I've been called worse." Ignoring the mayor's further expletives, she picked up the bag of gold she'd thrown aside earlier and walked back over to Ukitake and Azhug. She nodded to Azhug, her way of saying goodbye. Then, she looked at Ukitake, "Time for us to go," she snapped her fingers and one of her infamous warp gates formed in Azhug's office, for probably the last time. She pushed Ukitake through it as the first of the dark elf army bursted into the room. Her eyes locked with one painfully familiar face before she jumped in after Ukitake, closing the gate as soon as she emerged on the other side. They were back at the empty glen she had called home for the last few years... But it wasn't her home anymore, it was time to move on-- again.

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 am

((Sorry about the late response! >< ))
Ukitake hopped through the portal and he gasped for air. He didn't know if he'd get used to breathing within the portal, but whatever he was putting into his lungs from the office to the glen was not pleasant.

The ninja thought that he had a comfortable place to sleep in for at least awhile now, but that seemed to be changing. Drawing his sword, he sensed dark elves in their direction, perhaps half a mile away by careful listening.

"We have to get out of here or conceal ourselves Imiar. Soon." he said as faint battle cries were heard.

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 am
User Image
((That's alright! biggrin ))

Imiar landed gingerly on her feet as she left the already closed warp gate. She was lost in thought as she headed to her former home. She had to collect what she could and get Ukitake, and herself, out of here.

She heard him speak, and replied, "Hurry! Help me grab the important things from here and then we'll go. I would say we could come back for them later, but my kin would destroy them if we left them. She quickly dropped the concealment on her tiny abode, forcefully pushing the door open, and heading straight for her stash of gold. Gathering all she had, she slung the bag over her shoulder and headed to where she kept her tea. She grabbed the elvish honey and as much of her green tea as she could. Turning to Ukitake, she barked out: "Grab the blankets and pillows!" She rushed to her large wardrobe, taking only one thing from it--her sleeping attire. She paused only briefly to appraise the garment, remembering that it had been her mother's.

She could hear the footsteps of her kin growing ever closer as she formed yet another warp gate. She knew exactly where it lead, to one of her previous residences in the desert, so she felt comfortable throwing her belongings through the warp gate. Imiar was motioning for Ukitake to hurry right as the door to her former home opened. She looked up just in time to see an arrow laced with magic being shot towards the warp gate she'd created. She hurriedly pushed Ukitake through, "Wait for me! I won't be long!" As Ukitake fully disappeared, the arrow made contact with the gate, causing it to implode. She was pushed backwards a few feet, but maintained her balance.

She turned and faced down her kin, regretting nearly everything about this day--she should have known it would come to this. Her eyes met with her brother's-- was he still considered her brother? Did any of them even see her as kin anymore?

"I see you have taken up archery, Izdir--my dearest elder brother." She said, trying to buy time to formulate a plan. All she had to do was get lucky enough to form another warp gate... But, she couldn't do that with her brother having a full quiver of arrows...

Her thoughts were interrupted by an angry hiss from Izdir, "Do not call me such, Imiar. To you, I am now only the one who will end your life."

Imiar's heart seemed to stop at these words, as if she couldn't breathe. His statement definitely answered her earlier questions. "So, it is to be that way..." She trailed off, trying to control her emotions with little success, "I have missed you so much, Izdir-- you, mother, father, and our people."

His face did not change, not even the slightest change in his gaze, "They are no longer your people, and we are no longer your family." As he said this, he prepared to fire an arrow directly at her.

Imiar closed her eyes briefly to compose herself, before a tidal wave of her magic shot out from her, knocking all those who crowded in her doorway onto the ground and, most importantly, her brother's bow from his hands. This was it--now was her chance. She quickly formed a warp gate behind herself, giving one last solemn look at Izdir, saying, "I've tried to explain, but it seems you will never understand." Shaking her head sadly, she leapt through the warp gate, closing before her feet even touched the sand on the other side.

She looked at her meager belongings strewn in the sand, and almost wanted to cry. However, she did not. She looked at Ukitake instead, forcing a smile, "I told you I wouldn't be long."
KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm

He looked at her with sympathy, not really knowing what had just happened but assuming there was an unfortunate series of interactions between her and her fellow dark elves. Horrible things happen when leaving one's homeland to pursue other endeavors, which Ukitake experienced personally. Persecution was merely an accepted consequence in the Hidden Gaia village. An old tradition but widely practiced.

The ninja saw her try and hold back her urge to cry. Walking towards her, he wrapped his arms around her head so that she was buried into his chest. "It's okay, Imiar. It's okay."

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 pm
User Image
She was embarrassed by the hug, but did not fight it. In fact, she clung tightly to him as the tears she'd kept bottled up for the last ten years of her life flowed down her cheeks. She felt the need to tell him her story, thinking that if she'd justified her tears, she'd seem less weak:

"I was sentenced to death by my own father ten years ago, when I was still a child," she whispered, "It had come time for my older brother to take a bride and... I did not like the woman he chose. She was vile to everyone but my brother and my parents. She was especially mean to me, jealous of how close my brother and I were. She once told me that I was not a prodigy, but a freak and a threat..." She paused, remembering the vile woman's red eyes glaring down at her, "It was at their wedding reception... My brother had celebrated too much, becoming drunk on the wine that she kept giving him. She told everyone that she would walk him to bed, and then return. I did not trust her, however, and followed her. She did take my brother to bed, as she said she would but, she pulled out a dagger, and held it over his heart... I was so scared for my brother that I lashed out without thinking. My magic had killed her... and there was no way for me to hide that truth from my brother as he woke to his bride's dying screams.

I'd never seen such hatred in my brother's eyes... nor such anger in my father's. Only my mother believed me and looked sad as my father forfeited my life to my vengeful brother. I tried to explain... that the vile woman was going to kill him, and--!" A sob rocked her body and cut off her story. She put all her effort into suppressing anymore sobs that would come, and continued: "I unleashed my magic once more... and I ran... I've been running ever since, moving from residence to residence every time they've gotten close to finding me, and that was the closest they've ever gotten... Being a bounty hunter was the only way to support myself without being tied down to one place. All this time... I'd just been fooling myself into believing that they actually still considered me one of their own, when..." She squeezed her eyes shut, still hearing Izdir's words in her head.

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:04 pm

He squeezed a little tighter as he let her run streams of tears onto his vest.

"Shhh, you don't need to say anymore. I understand. You don't need them. That's no family if they can't give you the benefit of the doubt." He rested his chin lightly on top of her head as she continued to hug him.

He looked around at the scenery. The desert wasn't so bad. There was an oasis nearby, filled with cacti and plenty of water sources.

"You'll be safe here", he whispered. He sighed as he continued to let Imiar release her emotions. Knowing her, she'd kept them built up for the last ten years.

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 am
User Image

Imiar couldn't help but laugh bitterly at his words, "Among dark elves, there is no such thing as 'benefit of the doubt' ". She extricated herself from the hug, wiping away her tears--she'd shown enough weakness today to last her for the rest of her lifetime, more than she had in the last ten years. What was it about this man that made her show her weakness?

"Thank you, Ukitake." she said simply, before kneeling down in the sand. Sighing, she began to pick up her belongings, careful to brush the sand off of them. She glanced over at the small structure near the oasis. From what she could remember, living her hadn't been too bad. She couldn't help but wonder what a disaster the small residence would be, she hadn't returned since being driven out by the presence of her kin.

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Ukitake helped pick up the rest of her things, doing the same as Imiar and cleaning them of sand.

He gave her a smile, trying bring the mood up. They did finish their quest earlier even though it was thought impossible. Things were bad, but could be worse.

Ukitake lightly grabbed her arm while she was picking up her belongings."C'mon. Let's go inside." he said softly.

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:01 pm
User Image

Imiar nodded, eager to get inside and have some tea. She stood with her belongings and trudged through the deep sand towards the small residence. "Living in the desert was nice," she spoke absentmindedly as she reached the structure. Opening the door, she was surprised to see it in relatively good shape.

It was almost identical to her former residence. The wardrobe was slightly smaller, and this one contained a couch that could be used as a bed. She quickly got to work organizing her belongings and cleaning up the place, it had gotten dusty. After placing her tea and honey in the kitchen area, and carefully concealing her gold, she motioned for Ukitake to bring what he'd picked up to the wardrobe. She placed the folded blankets and pillows into the wardrobe and carefully hung up her mother's sleeping gown, refusing to cry any more tears. Imiar closed the wardrobe quickly so she wouldn't look at the upsetting garment anymore.

She walked over to the small 'kitchen' and began to make herself tea, "Would you like some?" She asked Ukitake, glancing at him over her shoulder.

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:40 pm

He walked in along with her, undressing slightly by unzipping his vest and placing it aside. Ukitake placed her things where she directed as he untied his forehead protector, stuffing it into his pocket.

He pulled up a stool as he sat and watched her make tea. The ninja gave a small nod as he placed his elbows on the table, resting his head on the palm of his hands. It felt like home with the aroma of tea. His eyes became heavier as he dozed off little by little.

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 pm
User Image

Imiar brewed two cups of tea, carefully adding the perfect amount of elvish honey to both. She handed one of the cups to Ukitake, standing near by as she took a sip. She immediately felt better, but overwhelmingly exhausted at the same time.

"I apologize for the events of today and," she hesitated a moment, "for my weakness. It was inexcusable. I should not trouble you with my problems." She took another, larger, sip of her tea. She felt the need to say more, but was unsure what else she could say. She'd already said so much to him today, things he did not need to know, and probably didn't care about. Maybe she should have just left him with Azhug. Would that not have been better? He could have worked as a bounty hunter, forming a life for himself. She should not have dragged him into this. Her mood darkened, despite the soothing effects of her tea. She placed her tea cup down as she squeezed her hands into tight fists--she hated feeling regret. There was too much regret in her life-- it always happened when she was forced to move. Every time, and she hated it.

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Ukitake took a sip as he felt instantly refreshed. The honey wasn't too sweet and had a slight sharp taste to it. He was used to having tea plain but this was just as good as any fine jasmine tea from Gaia.

He listened intently as he took another sip. Ukitake set the tea down as he walked over to her and slowly took her cup of tea and set it aside. Taking both her hands in his, he pulled her closer as he made straight eye contact with her, as if staring into her soul.

"You don't need to say sorry to me, Imiar", he whispered. "You rescued me from being imprisoned in ice. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." It was as if he was answering the questions she had running through her mind.

LoverlyJessica

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image

Imiar was reeling at the fact that she was being comforted by him, again. Not that it was unpleasant but, what was it about him? She wanted to know why he had this effect on her. She returned his intense gaze, enjoying the warmth from his hands. She nodded, not trusting herself to speak because her vocal chords felt numb; it was a very strange feeling.

KetchupMan

LoverlyJessica

KetchupMan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:06 pm

"Missing your family isn't a sign of weakness, Imiar. Neither is having emotions", he murmured.

He leaned in, reaching one of his arms around her sides and the other on the back of her head. Pulling in, he held her tight as if he was telling the dark elf through his body motions that he would be there to protect his new found companion.

The ninja didn't want to let go. He continued to hold on tight as her head was pressed against his heart, his heartbeat steadily climbing.

LoverlyJessica

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces