Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
☆ Moved! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doki Doki Latte

Pure-hearted Strawberry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:25 am
Agreed!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 am
Kedia26

Is it sad that 2011 now seems old to me? Gaia's changed so much in such little time...and not for the better. -.-

It's normal to think that way~ and i agree! They could atleast bring back how zOMG used to be.  

iiScarlet

Shy Girl

madmom2two

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:02 am
I agree. Say NO to gold generators!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:42 am
I completely agree! I worked so hard to earn money before the inflation and i went on haitus due to school after wards. When i came back; the prices were insaneee.  

icabanana

Fashionable Cat

7,925 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

TxTiNK

Friendly Fairy

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:03 am
I completely agree with all of this too... consider this my signature. If it needs to be somewhere else, just let me know. Also, I am sending a new member (not sure that she's new to Gaia though... BeethovensAngel, this way unless she already found y'all ...that's saying a lot...since there aren't many guilds I choose to remain a part of).
I have not bought a gold generator..and have tried to avoid buying any cash shop items anymore, although I will admit I finally put a small amount of cash on my account to buy adamant vault only to discover in my "protest" I lost out... it was no longer available. I don't think it hurt Gaia any...but it hurt me as I really wanted that item, so I cannot promise to avoid the cash shop entirely, because I also missed out on the Hardhearted evolving item.
On a side note... I do not know if anyone else is aware of this...but I got this from a friend last night...and this community (NSTG) is where I spend time when I am in a guild. They are the only Guild I remain a member of consistently because I trust them and do not see favoritism/politics. So here is something for your consideration:

Quote:
A guild announcement from revolution gaia

Guild Announcement: Join the Walkout! Let's protest Gaia's practices!

Posted: Wed Jun 4 2014 10:06:26

Hey everyone. As you may or my not have heard the wonderful Gaia Walkout thread was deleted in a recent wave of censoring thread deletions. The user responsible for this amazing movement is no less motivated however and we are now hosting the walkout thread Here in our very own guild!

So join us! Do not log in to Gaia from June 15-21. Show them that we are not okay with their practices and let them see the kind of member loss they're going to experience if they keep spiraling down.

If you can't do a whole week, at least try for one day, June 15th! We thank you all for your amazing support and dedication to our cause. Together, WE WILL BE HEARD

Please feel free to do with it as you see fit.
Thanks for all y'all do... oh...and I have been trying to send donations to the mule... I figure it might be that your computer has been wonky O_o... but yeah... wink
HUGs to ALL!! ...Have a Great Weekend!! heart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:59 pm

If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There's a guild I just saw a link for, they ask members to dump their gold into the guild funds so that its not out and around in the mp, like a gold sink. I bring it up, not because advertising, but because of a potential to affiliate, and I know a lot of the members in the guild are looking for a decent gold sink, and a way to help regulate MP. It's always nice to have more people who stand for the same thing you do, right?

I don't wanna post names or links, because advertising is against the rules, but if one of the crew would like it, to poke around and investigate, or potentially affiliate, I can PM the link to you.

If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

kanxiaru

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm
Sarcasdick

There's a guild I just saw a link for, they ask members to dump their gold into the guild funds so that its not out and around in the mp, like a gold sink. I bring it up, not because advertising, but because of a potential to affiliate, and I know a lot of the members in the guild are looking for a decent gold sink, and a way to help regulate MP. It's always nice to have more people who stand for the same thing you do, right?

I don't wanna post names or links, because advertising is against the rules, but if one of the crew would like it, to poke around and investigate, or potentially affiliate, I can PM the link to you.

!!!
thanks for pointing this out!
I happen to be crew for this guild emotion_awesome
I've already asked the captain if we should get in contact with the NSTG
mwuahaha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:04 pm
Elyralith
Sarcasdick

http://i62.tinypic.com/33mbevc.jpg

!!!
thanks for pointing this out!
I happen to be crew for this guild emotion_awesome
I've already asked the captain if we should get in contact with the NSTG
mwuahaha

Oh! Okay!
c:
Yay!
More allies. ^^

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:05 pm
I'll update the front page and answer a few of your inquiries later tonight,but I wanted to take a moment to respond to you, Lily.

First of all, welcome to Gaia and the NSTG! Here are some pieces of advice from me on how to deal with the two Golden Piggy Banks:

• If you know who gave you the Piggy Banks, redirect them to this thread or to one of the other great resources I have linked to in the first post; in many cases, people are simply unaware of the problems that gold generators cause, and might stop purchasing them once they're made aware. Be sure to thank them for their generosity, but remind them that these items are harmful and that there are more worthwhile investments that do not damage the economy or community, such as item generators, or item bundles in the Cash Shop.

• If you have already opened them, try to spend as much gold as you can in the gold shops, such as Loyal's Bazaar, Dernier Cri, etc. That gold will never be seen again, but you will have a super rare, super expensive item in your inventory afterwards. This takes gold out of the economy, and is good in fighting inflation.

• if you have not opened them, as difficult as it is to do, I would recommend trashing the item. You can do this by going to your inventory, clicking on the Piggy Bank, and clicking "Trash Item." It may be hard to see that item go away for good, but every little bit helps. If you simply gift it to a friend or click "Donate Item" to put it in Dumpster Dive, that item will almost certainly be opened by someone else and contribute to the inflation problem.

Thank you so much for your honesty and open-mindedness. Whatever you do, you can count that I will not judge you nor will I let anyone else treat you badly in this guild. However, we must remain accountable for our own actions and attempt to align ourselves with the mission statement of the NSTG, which is to "foster newbies to productive Gaians." Being productive, well-educated, and ethical is what we encourage all of our members to pursue, even when it is not always convenient or easy. I don't claim to be some sort of moral guidance counselor, or the ethical ideal; but in my heart, I know that gold generators are a cancerous thing to the larger Gaia community and to the NSTG, and as long as there is a Gaia Online and an NSTG, I will never abandon this cause.

Lilybounce
I'll pledge!
I only joined 3 days ago, but after looking in the marketplace I've seen how much damage inflation has caused. The rate at which this is happening is horrific!
Also, I've had two generous people donate a Golden Piggy Bank to me, would that mean that I've been contributing to the inflation? If so, I'm super sorry! D:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:13 pm
I agree.  

wolfmerrick

Generous Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:37 pm
I would love to add my name to the pledge list! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:41 pm
Ebania
All updated!

Thank you for pledging. If you go to your Account Settings, you can scroll down to Image Display and then select Show All Images from your drop-down box. That is, of course, if you're comfortable with that setting. All of the links are already in tinyurl.com format (technically not "whitelisted" images because Tinyurl can host just about anything) for the convenience of those who want to put these in their signatures and have them take up as few characters as possible.

Kedia26
Also, I'm having trouble seeing the banners, and they won't come up when I copy and paste to my signature.

I've done that, but when it always says "Image Failed to Load" for me. sad  

Kedia26

Apocalyptic Reindeer

10,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kedia26

Apocalyptic Reindeer

10,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:44 pm
iiScarlet
Kedia26

Is it sad that 2011 now seems old to me? Gaia's changed so much in such little time...and not for the better. -.-

It's normal to think that way~ and i agree! They could atleast bring back how zOMG used to be.

zOMG was my favorite part of Gaia. I like talking to people in the forums, but it's not the same as interacting with them on zOMG. You can interact somewhat with towns, but not to the same extent as you can with zOMG. You can't go on quests and form groups to kill animated things on Towns...

I think it would be cool if they could combine the two. There could be areas for the houses, and "wild" areas to kill animated things in. And have random bugs, trash, and flowers to pick up. smile

Oh, and bring back the Easter zOMG event. Since they made Towns 2, why can't they make a zOMG 2?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:01 am
Sign me up! The Gaia economy sucks honestly and I probably get 10 announcements every day from admins and NPCs begging me to buy something from La Victoire.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Yume_Griseus

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:17 am
I'll sign.
It's rather shocking what's going on in the marketplace.
I'm making thousands, almost millions, from stuff you pick up in Town.
There is just no way that is normal or have to continue that way.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff