Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Clean Slate (Rockets only) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:49 pm
What?

KO propped himself up on his elbows, looking annoyed for a moment before giving a little 'tsk' and shaking his head. "Nice save," he said dryly; too right he wasn't wrinkly, and that was due to the effort he put into careful skincare! If he weren't naturally brownish skinned he would have suffered from a serious dilemma on 'to tan or not to tan' but nature had been very kind to him in the looks department, all he had to do was maintain it.

...Wrinkly! He was... well he wasn't twenty anymore but he wasn't wrinkly, he checked! Daily!

Ugh.

The less he thought about that the better.

"To answer your question though I've been selling my skills to my associates since I was, oh, probably about your age actually. I've sold other things too though here and there when necessary, rather less legal things than a sharp new suit though if you follow me. Don't worry, I won't be practising any of that around here." There was no need for it, Team Rocket's interested were largely a little more sophisticated than that. Largely. Not that he wouldn't be working with illicit substances when the time came, he just doubted he'd be selling them to anyone. Keep it in the family, that seemed to be the message with all the best stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 pm
Aulus nodded, exiting the stairwell and holding the door for his friend again. "That sounds good actually, and it's always nice to cook for somebody who doesn't sigh dramatically or look forlorn about the lack of meat in a meal. What do you fancy? Something pasta related? Noodles? Maybe a stir fry? I'm up for about anything to be honest." Yes. Cook food and maybe find some alcohol; a couple of beers or a glass of wine would go down fantastically right about now. Somebody somewhere was bound to have brought some with them, and was probably prepared to part with some of their supply for a price....

Or given he'd need to go shopping for ingredients anyway he could just buy some himself. "Where do you suppose the nearest shops are?... I suppose that depends which exit we take. Surely wouldn't take too long to n** out and get supplies though; now that's something this place has over the old HQ." Not having to fly or ride for hours just to get to a major population centre would be fantastic.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:06 pm
"Sandalwood. Pretty certain." Tambrey answered the 'shops' question first. "In fact, I know exactly where we can go for stuff 's not too expensive. Especially if we go with a pasta thing. Or the stir fry. I can't tell you how often I cooked both when I studied there... It was a few years ago, but I know the store was still there as late 's last year, and I know where a few places are there if 't's gone anyway."  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:07 pm
Wrong word, definitely! Lu stiffened and lowered his head, thinking now would be a very good time to explore more of the new building.

"I didn't mean...I uh...y-yeah... s-so you definitely know what you're doing, that's um... good..." Lu said, nodding a few times. A-ah, I don't think you can break the law with knitting, though! So, I um, I'm not, yeah- n-not worried!" Lu wasn't sure what kind of illegal things KO meant, he was fairly certain there weren't any kinds of illegal yarn, so what they did probably didn't even have the possibility of being illegal. Hopefully. Maybe he meant weed? Lu didn't think he wanted to ask, selling weed would probably get him in a lot of trouble if he was caught. "I think, um, there's a cafeteria somewhere, I-I saw it on the map! I guess I'm kind of hungry, so maybe, I might, um... the cafeteria, yeah, I'm going to look for that, if that's okay? You can come if you want?" Lu said quickly, stumbling over his words as he hoped his roommate would forget he'd just been called old. Food was a good solution to insulting your roommate, right?  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:21 pm
Uuuh.

Well he'd definitely got himself an interesting roommate; Lu really must have been behind the door when social grace was being passed around. "I can't say I know of a way either," he said, giving another little smile to smooth the conversation over again. "Mmmh, and investigating the cafeteria sounds good. If they haven't got any food on the go there already I might have to venture out into Sandalwood to find something." Cafeteria food did get to be a drag but he didn't really like to cook, making eating out the only other option. He couldn't exactly order a take out delivery.

"Oh, yeah," Aulus nodded, "but I meant a specific shop. If you've got local knowledge saves us a dex search!" He'd almost forgotten that Tam had studied here, it was a bit of a weird thought. It was weird to think of any of them living normal lives like that though, himself included. A different chapter in life and all that.

"Stir fry is good, it's quick, but doesn't come with carbs... unless we do noodles to go with it? That could work." Having two people to prep the veg would help too, that was the most time consuming bit of stir-fry cooking.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:26 pm
Lu fixed his eyes on his feet, ready to get out of his new room already, "M-maybe they'll have vending machines if there isn't food, yet... oh- Sandalwood? Is that allowed? I-I mean, I know we can leave, but we just got here..." Sandalwood was close to his hometown, he knew there was no reason any of his family would be there but he still couldn't help feeling nervous about going there. He wasn't sure he'd been invited to go with KO if he went out anyway; he'd rather deal with going hungry for a little while than face the minuscule chance of running into the family he hadn't had any contact with in over half a year. The thought made him feel a little nauseous. He took out his dex and opened up the map again, glancing over it.

"It says there's a cafe, too. Maybe that's open..?"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:32 pm
Blood_Goddess

Zacharie really didn't think that was fair at all. He should get to stay by his partner if he couldn't share a room with him. "That's just stupid." He grumbled, still absently petting Chiro's head. It seemed to placate the Pumpkaboo as he had grown rather quiet and still in his arms. They'd be okay though...he supposed. He and his pokemon that is. They'd be able to take care of themselves while they had to room with some random grunt and if he couldn't deal with it Jabari could...and if Jabari couldn't then he could call Jerome.

Yes, he'd be just fine.

"Well, I'll make due until I get my promotion." He said at last, his chin lifted stubbornly. "It won't do any good to complain since it seems a great deal of the higher ups are rather obstinate."  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 pm
(Kyle, Izaya)

Riley bobbed her head in affirmation. They had introduced themselves.

Her face paled completely, however, when Kyle made his remarks, and she stepped backwards, shaking her head vigorously. It was probably for the best that she didn't hear Kyle's other teases as she stepped back into her room, though she did pause when Izaya motioned for her to follow. She lingered in her doorway for a minute, then stepped out again with Molly's gentle urging in the form of the leafeon's head at the back of her calves.

Skittishly, she stood further back, watching as the man, calmed a little by his assurance that he had only been introducing himself. Of course he had only been saying hello.

Kyle... That was his name, yes.

Molly, much bolder than her trainer, moved around the creepy man and stuck her head in the door as well, offering a chipper, short bark of greeting at the pokemon in the room.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:38 pm
(Izaya, Riley)

The bright yellow eyes of the grunt lingered on the other man for a time, sizing him up in a way as the man explained his reasoning.
"In my experience, a man who waits out in the hall and randomly introduces himself to a girl by herself, is either looking for something, or just a creep. So I guess that's another option, you're just a creep"
His eyes widened a little as the grunt said his name, then frowned, he barely knew this guys face from before, let alone his name. "Yeah I'm going with creep. and I'll let you know now, sorry, I don't do three ways with guys."

Ryle grinned sheepishly and stepped around his bed. "Or just friendly, though that's kinda odd around here to you know." Ryan pointed out to Izaya, The shorter dark haired man walking over and holding his hand out to Izaya
"Sorry, my name is Ryan, and yeah, we're both in transport under Jerome's supervision. You know the Agent?"

Kyle rolled his eyes lightly as Ryan greeted them, his partner was always much more into getting to know the people who spoke to them, and it got really annoying sometimes.
"Ryan you need to learn how to read people a little better, I wouldn't call that guy friendly at all." He said to his partner, before looking over at the other grunt. "Why were you hanging out to introduce yourself anyway? If its not to flirt... and its just Kyle, where did you get that Kun from?"

As Riley stepped around Kyle's eyes found her, lingering for a couple of seconds again, only to be broken when Cybil stopped the Leafeon in the doorway and with a cry

The Absol with its freaky ability to leap a length of distance with what appeared to be no effort, launched herself all the way from the door of Kyle's bed, and landed fight in front of Molly in what could have been a show of aggression, but instead perked up the next second and sniffed at her in interest.
Rui jerked back, startled by her sudden movement, before he too glanced around to see the grass type in the doorway, now subject to Cybil's attention.

Varian half lidded his large pink eyes in exasperation, wrapping his ribbons around Kyle's elbow with one bow and reaching up to pluck the shirt from his shoulder with another, he was getting it all messed up again.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:31 pm
(Riley, Ryan, Kyle)

"In your experience, ne? Hehe - then, like I said, you must not have much experience," the black-haired grunt answered, still smiling. He didn't seem put-off by the yellow-eyed man's comments. "I like watching people. All people; male and female alike. Is it a crime to want to get to know my fellow Rockets better?"

Giggling at the three-way comment, Nakura otherwise did not respond to it and instead focused his attention on Ryan. "That's true," he agreed, referring to the mention of friendliness being odd. "It's a shame, too. There are a lot of really interesting people around here. Makes it harder to get to know them when they're not keen on letting you."

Accepting Ryan's hand, he shook it heartily. "Ahh, I see. Yeah, actually I was Jerry-kun's roommate back at the old base. First in hospital beds, then as grunts. Seems he's surpassed me in rank now, though. Makes me wonder who I'll be sharing with now."

With a soft sigh, Nakura looked pityingly back at Kyle, shaking his head and clicking his tongue. "Ehh...? Is someone protective of their roommate?" He asked, his grin broadening once more. "Jealous, maybe, even? Don't worry; I don't plan on taking him away from you. Though, I do wonder if he doesn't deserve someone better to share living space with." Glancing at Ryan out the corner of his eye, he winked.

Nakura stepped back in surprise as the Absol leapt toward the door, all too familiar with hostile pokemon coming at him. However, he relaxed somewhat when he understood the cause for her actions, frowning at her for giving him such a start. Pokemon. Sheesh.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:55 pm
Xander wasn't late per say. He was just, delayed, for a little bit thanks to the vehicle he had arrived to the new base in having a few minor problems. He was quick to catch up on the information and get his 'dex updated as was needed then started to look over the map, deciding to get some idea of where everything was before he went exploring.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:58 pm
Despite Ryan, Kyle, and Nakura's debate and defense, Riley found herself intrigued by the outgoing--albeit creepy-- man. She, too, liked to observe people, though she believed herself to be much less creepy...

Molly tensed and immediately jerked backward toward Izaya's legs at the call and the sudden appearance of the absol right in front of her. One paw lifted, she stayed back, then relaxed and leaned away from the man once more when the dark type's demeanor turned amiable. < Hello!> She turned a warm gaze over to both the sylveon and amaura with a nod of greeting before returning her attention to Cybil.

Her face a deep red, she looked back at Kyle, then dropped her gaze as she met his eyes, jumping back as Molly did. "Oh, wow..." she exclaimed gently, "Your pokemon! Most are not from around here, are they?" she asked, switching her gaze from the sylveon to the ice type, then to Izaya again for his reaction as they all 'recovered' from the absol's start. He didn't seem to be fond of pokemon...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm
Kyle's jaw set a little further when Nakura second guessed him, "Yeah like I need to hear that from you. Are you even listening to yourself? you like to watch all people? with the emphasis and everything, when it comes to creepers they don't make them quite like you."
He said with a measure of annoyance.

"That is kinda a weird hobby though." Ryan admited to Izaya, a corner of his mouth lifting but he didn't back away from the grunt.
They both looked surprised when he said that he used to be Jerome's room mate.
Kyle frowning moments after while Ryan seemed more open to discussion "Hard to imagine Jerome as a Grunt really,we joined pretty recently, as soon as we were placed in transport we were put with Jerome's team. Why haven't you been promoted?"

"Probably becasue he's a creep." Kyle muttered, turning back to his bag,
"Thats not being protective, its being condescending, maybe you need to pay attention more."

Ryan nodded in agreement when Kyle admitted that he was condescending him. "Its more like, constructive scolding."

Cybil rolled a shoulder, grinning her display of pointed teeth.

Both Kyle and Varian looked back up when the topic switched to pokemon, the man arching an eyebrow at her before he glanced momentarily to his pokemon, then back to her. "None of us are from around here." He told her "We're Kalos natives."

"Ah, well not, me" Ryan corrected.

"Yeah, not Ryan, he's from Kodo- though from what I understand Kodo doesn't have much in the way of native pokemon anyway. Kinda a dinky little island."

Ryan rolled his eyes at Kyle.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:33 pm
(Riley, Ryan, Kyle)

"Observing people is part of my job. Reconnaissance, information-gathering...it's both a passion and a specialty." Nakura explained, though didn't seem too concerned about setting Kyle's mind at ease. "Do you have some special skill you were recruited for? I'm guessing it can't be jumping to those brilliant deductions of yours."

"Well, similar to how being friendly is odd around here, Ryan-kun, I find that most Rockets don't seem to appreciate the wonders of human nature," he said with a sheepish smile. "Some love machines, some are passionate about technology, others pokemon. I just happen to really love humans. How they work, how they go about their daily lives, what they do in certain situations...it's all very interesting."

Beaming at their surprised expressions, the grunt put out his arms in an animated gesture as he spoke. "I thought you might say that. He's really changed a lot since I last saw him, but then again, I've been away for quite some time. On the bright side, I get to meet so many new faces like yours!" If the question about his promotion was heard, Nakura gave no indication.

...At least until Kyle had to add his own input regarding his assumption. "Ah...actually, I've been scolded for some minor acts of disobedience and insubordination," he answered with a small, mirthless laugh. Not to mention a major act resulting in the death of a valuable agent... "When I first got here, I wasn't all that used to submitting to a higher authority. I suppose after all I've done, it makes sense they doubt they can trust me to do what I'm told. I'm working on it, though," the grunt added.

"Is that so...?" Nakura looked from one to the other and back. "Telling me to pay attention, telling Ryan-kun to read people better...and yet you call me creepy for observing people? How does that make sense?" he wanted to know.

"Kalos..." he repeated softly, filing the information away in his mind. "Fascinating. Oi, what are you all planning to do once you get settled in? Want to go eat?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:03 pm
Information gathering... hm. So intelligence? She made a mental note, filing away the rest of what she was gathering from the man.

She listened to the conversation, slightly anxious that she was not giving enough as contribution to the conversation but otherwise content to just listen and keep tabs. When her surprise was addressed, she nodded in understanding, watching as Molly wagged her tail and took a seat in front of Nakura. "Oh, I see. This is... quite a long way from home, then. Why did you join Team Rocket?"

She gave an apologetic look to Ryan. "Well...I mean, I guess not for you. I'm from here too."

Molly smiled back, unfazed by the teeth. A giggle.

Izaya's question drew her attention back again, and she shrugged a little, though her eyes trailed up the hall. "Well...they did mention a loose joltik... and I thought about going to find Agent Tambrey..." Her stomach growled loudly, then, as if on cue, and her face turned a bright shade of pink as she wrapped her long arms around her middle loosely. "I-I guess food wouldn't be bad though," she admitted with a half giggle, half snort.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff