Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:18 pm
Killua had a good point, and Gon was all for looking around, though the lady behind the counter seemed to be listening in and answered the boy's question.
"Yes, we do have a small kitchen for trainers to use, and we have some frozen dinners you can buy from the kitchen if you boys would like something to eat?"

Gon gave a short, nervous laugh, reaching back to scratch his hands through the hair on the back of his head. yeah... he was still broke, but thankfully that wasn't his only way of getting food.
"No, that's okay. I've got this." Gon told her, holding out his fishing rod.

"So you do." she noted with a tone of interest.

"We still have a few hours of daylight." Gon noted looking out the window then over to Treecko who nodded. "You wanna come, Killua?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:07 pm
"Fishing?" Killua assumed from the presentation of the rod. He frowned at the idea. "I don't think so. I'm just gonna grab something from the kitchen." The cold was uncomfortable and fishing sounded kind of dull, and he still had enough money to afford something to eat. Besides, he didn't want to be too far away in the event Zorua came back telling him that the 'examiners' were ditching them.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:39 pm
"Alright!" Gon turned to walk over to the door, pausing by it before he opened the front door to tilt his head back to look at the other boy "I'll see you later then, okay?"

"Do you want to know where the lake is young man?" The lady asked.

"Mmh! Naw that's okay, I can find it- Thanks!" And with that the boy disappeared back into the cold and growing dark with Treecko hurrying after.

Without even giving the cold a second thought the boy hopped down the length of the steps, and took off once again into the forest.
savaging the forest ground for sleeping grubs as bate was easy, and even though he didn't know this land, was able to easily follow the hints of nature that lead him to a decently sized body of water that was filled by the rundown from the mountain.

Within a couple of hours well after sunset, the door to the Trainer's rest house opened again, and Gon came rushing back in, letting out a heavy gasp as he closed the doors shut behind him quickly.
"Coooold!" He breathed, wrapping an arm around his torso, lingering in the entrance way for a little while as he let the warmth of the building soak in.

His adventure out didn't go with out reward though, as he had a couple of fish strung to some line in one hand, his fishing rod strapped once again to the side of his backpack.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:27 pm
"Yeah, later." Killua waved to the other boy as he departed from the building, somewhat dubious about his prospects. He supposed if it wasn't cold enough for the water to freeze, though, it probably wouldn't be too hard... Were fish like other animals that became more voracious in colder temperatures? At any rate, it was fortunate that the Ursaring would be hibernating by now.

Alone, Killua found the way to the kitchen and purchased some sort of frozen pasta thing. He warmed it in the available microwave and picked it over in dissatisfaction - the texture and flavor left much to be desired, but at least it was reasonably filling. When he went to dispose of the waste, Killua stopped by the vendor again to purchase a chocolate-covered granola bar for the morning and a regular chocolate bar for later that evening. There was no way he would be able to get comfortable after all that moving around with getting some kind of sugar fix.

Killua wasn't far when Gon returned, and it didn't take a great deal of attentiveness to hear that he had. The white-haired boy approached the entryway with a hand raised in greeting, "Yo." His eyes fell upon the fish, and his brow raised slightly. "Wow, you actually caught something? What are you going to do with them?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:33 pm
It REALLY never got this cold in Wailord Island, for a while it hadn't bothered Gon, but after spending two hours sitting by a lake in the cold he was really starting to feel it.
hopping in place a little, causing the fish to flop and drip on the wooden flooding below him,
"Hey!" Gon greeted back when he heard a voice greeting him, and glanced up to see the other twelve year old.
A grin spread across his face and he held up the dripping fish a little higher. "Yup! Not a bad catch! I guess they were pretty hungry."

the sound of someone clearing their throats interrupted Gon's answer to Killua, as he looked over to see the old lady standing in the doorway of the office behind the counter with her arms folded, looking down at the mess Gon was leaving.

innocent to what she was implying, Gon followed her gaze down to the floor by his feet, looking back up with a broad grin over a guilty expression. "Oops, Sorry, Ma'am, I'll clean it up!"

"Towels in the bathroom." she said, pointing a finger at him "See that you do."

"Eh-heh..." Putting a hand under the fish to stop the dripping, Gon stepped further into the cabin, turning back to Killua "I'm ganna eat em! Back home I just build a fire and cook them on a stick, but its too cold and wet outside... so I'll have to figure out what to do about them in the kitchen I guess." he said with a shrug.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:33 pm
"'Figure out what to do' you say..." Killua repeated dubiously. He had to wonder if Gon really knew his way around a kitchen. If his go-to means of cooking a fish was to skewer the whole thing over a fire, Killua had his suspicions. And as finicky as the old bat was about getting some water on the floor, he could only imagine the hell she'd raise if the kitchen was set on fire. Still, best to confirm the situation before assuming the worst. "I'll tell you now, there's not a whole lot in the way of ingredients in the kitchen," he said, hoping to stir up what Gon had in mind. "There's some stuff that other people left behind, like cooking oil and salt, but you probably won't be able to do anything especially fancy."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:37 pm
"Ingredients?" Gon asked as he made his way into the kitchen, placing the fish into the sink before rinsing his hands off. "What do you mean, I've got the ingredients right here." he nodded lightly down tot he fish, While Treecko hopped up onto the counter.
Gon laughed "Who needs anything fancy, I'll just stick it over the stove still its done." He replied. "It would be nicer with a wood fire- but" He shrugged, then leaving the fish with Treecko and putting his bag down on the ground by one of the cabinets, the young boy ran off to go clean up the mess like he promised.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:47 pm
"Wha--" Killua, who had begun to follow Gon, stopped in his tracks. He had not accurately imagined how bad the worst-case scenario could be. "You're kidding, right? I mean, surely you've used a stove before, right?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:56 pm
"Of course I have" Gon called back from the front aria, though he wouldn't reply again until the hurrying of boots made its way back to the kitchen. "I used to cook rice and egg for Aunt Mito on the stove."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm
"Then you know it's a pretty small cooking area," Killua followed, somewhat baffled, "and that it doesn't get as hot as an open fire. So if you just... lay a whole fish on the stove," - the very idea of it was a fire hazard waiting to happen - "it's not going to cook all the way through and it's not going to cook evenly. It's probably more likely that the parts touching the burner directly will burn and the rest will stay mostly raw." He put his hands on his hips, frowning mildly in faint confusion. "I'm guessing you catch fish pretty often if you carry around a fishing pole," he assumed. "Don't you ever gut and fillet them? That's how you're supposed to cook them, usually."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:19 pm
Gon paused to think about what Killua was saying, trying to think back on what he would use when he cooked for Aunt Mito, or what she used to use.
humming lightly to himself and putting his finger to his chin, before he snapped and held his finger out. "I'll just use a pan then. He made his way over to the sink again, pausing to blink at Killua "Yeah of course I gut it- but uh..." He patted his jacket down, frowning a little "now where did I put my knife.."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:51 pm
"You know," Killua said as he slipped his bag off of his shoulders, "there's a half a bag of flour in one of the cabinets. Wouldn't be too hard to fry it or something." He caught his knapsack by the straps, flicking it open with his other hand. "By the way, you can borrow this if you want." He extricated an item from the depths of his bag that unfolded into a switchblade, long, slender, and black. Killua flipped it in his hand to hold the bladed end and offer the handle, "Careful, though - it's really sharp."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:11 pm
"Can I really?" Gon seemed grateful as Killua let him borrow his knife, Gon reaching out to carefully accept the knife from the other boy. his mouth widening in awe as he looked over the sleek dangerous looking black blade "Wooow, this is a nice knife Killua."
He turned toward the sink to get to work in cleaning the fish out, his brow furrowing as he tired to think of what to do with flower and fish. "Hey! I have an idea Killua, why don't you show me how to cook something like this, and I'll let you have half of my fish if you want it" He offered.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:23 pm
Killua grinned. "Isn't it? It was a gift from my folks a while back." He wasn't usually a big fan of the gifts given to him by his family, but the knife was nice, handy for a number of tasks, and had a sort of elegant flair to it.

Killua leaned on a counter idly, his bag set on the floor and his arms loosely folded. He considered the offer briefly before shrugging and giving his response, "Sure, I don't mind." With that settled, he began to gather up the small number of supplies that would be needed to fry up some fish.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:39 pm
"That's so cool- Aunt Mito would never let me have a knife like this." Gon admitted, awing in how easily is slid through the fish's flesh, Killua wasn't kidding, this thing was sharp!

Gon concentrated on what he was doing, shaving all the scales off of the fish while leaving the skin on, making quite a mess in sink as the small clear hard disks of scale clung tot he sides of the small metal tub.
Treecko instead watched Killua as he gathered a few things from around the kitchen.

Cooking wouldn't be something that either Gon, nor Treecko would apparently know how to do, though in Gon's case that didn't stop him from being completely hands on with the experience, with his sleeves rolled up and everything!
By the time the fish were all cooked and done, the mess was still in the sink, and the small counter space was still cluttered with the items Killua had pulled out.

Treecko poked and played with the soft flour that had been left in the bag, while Gon stood proudly with his hands on his hips in front of the two plates with the now cooked fish on it.
"All done!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces