Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] So Kiss Me? [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:01 pm
"Hmm." Lex tipped his head thoughtful before skipping forward, balancing on his toes and twisted with a laugh before stopping, hands open to the right. "Guess that way," he called and sauntered in that direction. "Coming along Taavi?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:04 pm
Heh, well that was one way to pick. Taavi grinned and nodded. "Yeah, coming!" he replied, taking a couple of swift strides to catch up to Sasha. "So," he tucked his thumbs into his pockets, "how's life with you? You had anything big on since that bridesmaid party, that was a party of not a party for?" Sasha's job(s) sounded a lot more interesting than his own, not that this was hard, and anyway as he felt he'd kind of done a lot of the talking again other than the explanation of the I-ching it was only fair that Sasha had his turn.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:33 pm
"Mmhm, did some henna art. That is always fun. Groomed some pokemon... had to do a nail trimming for a Skitty, that had been less then fun. She wasn't very pleased to get them done." Lex paused, thinking. "Ooh, combed my pokemon's coats out."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 pm
"Other than the nail trim that sounds good," Taavi replied with a brief laugh. It sounded like a pretty relaxing schedule too; did Sasha get all his money from work or did he have a wealthy parent or other relative somewhere in the background propping him up? There was that sort of... sort of carefree vibe, doing what you enjoyed was a lot easier when you weren't worrying about whether you'd have enough to pay rent, bills, and for food and other necessities too this month.

"But you do henna art as well then?" Taavi continued with a small smile. "You're multi talented hu? Grooming, writing, henna, fortune telling, human beauty treatments? I ah.... I carve sometimes, wooden sculptures but that's my only artistic ability." He always felt a bit awkward when he first mentioned that, like he was bragging or something which he wasn't! He was just scared that people might think he was and mark him down as arrogant.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:00 pm
"Mmhm, well beauty and grooming are much the same thing... just usually one has four legs instead of two." Most of the pokemon he had encountered while he had actually worked were furred, four legged, and had a tail of some sort. "Maybe a bit of a strong constitution, really the fact that everyone ends to think feet are gross sort of makes a valuable market... and most people can't trim pokemon nails. It freaks them out."

"You carve? Henna rather easy? It mostly dots and circles and curved or straight lines. Usually it in like a bakery pouch and you roll it to get the amount you need." Lex smiled. "It not like carving because usually I have a picture or diagram to follow... you would be creating something unique."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:07 pm
"Well yeah but you have to be precise," Taavi gestured in the air as if drawing a design. "And get it all to fit together nicely. They're both cool but um, it's not like I don't have references. Mostly I do pokemon, heh," he shrugged and gave a wry smile, "predictable I guess, right? I can show you some later if you like? I'm going to get an etsy shop going, see if I can make a bit of money from that, but I haven't really had time yet to get it sorted." Well he'd had time but in that time he generally didn't feel like sitting looking at a screen, he wanted to be out and about with Valour somewhere.

"And feet aren't automatically gross but smelly feet are," Taavi added as an afterthought with a wrinkle of his long sharp nose.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:24 pm
"Mmhm, it just practice, like holding a paw steady while you clip the tips of nails... or doing nail art, that is harder and I still haven't go it completely right because the tools are just that much smaller." It was lovely though.

"Ooh, they are, that while we have foot baths. Usually before you touch their feet," Lex shrugged and nodded. "I would love to see our carvings. And Etsy is fun to browse."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:32 pm
"Fun, but expensive," Taavi agreed with a shake of his head. "It can get way too tempting to spend money. Mmh, but I guess everything's just practice in the end right? Well most things, some stuff you just have to accept you suck at and move on." Like academic stuff, it wasn't as though he hadn't tried at school he'd just really sucked at... well pretty much everything other than gym. School was a long time ago now though and so he pushed the niggling failure to the back of his mind and looked over at Sasha again. Sasha who he was sort of... seeing now, and knew nearly nothing about.

"So are you from Kodo originally? I don't remember it coming up at the gig." He'd mostly talked about himself as he recalled, though Sasha hadn't seemed to mind. Much though he didn't want to start babbling on about himself again it seemed only polite to offer; "I grew up in Unova myself."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:52 pm
"Johto actually. I have wanted to visit Unova, you will have to tell me about." Lex hummed slightly. "I moved here hmm... three years back? I needed a change of scenery."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:06 pm
What was there to say about Unova? It was hard to tell what would be interesting to people who'd never been there when you'd lived there all your life. "Well.... It's got some pretty impressive feats of engineering?" Taavi offered a little hesitantly, watching Sasha's face carefully for any sign of boredom. "Like the Marine Tube, it connects Undella Town with Humilau City under Undella Bay. Then there's the Marvelous Bridge between Route 15 and Route 16 via an elevator that travels through the cliff side. Both of those are, heh, kind of excessive? But pretty awesome. I suppose they kind of show the spirit of the region? Kinda brash, determined, never do anything by halves. There's huge theatres and coliseums, cities that make Camphoreon look small, nature reserves, ancient ruins.... Yeah," Taavi shrugged and smiled, "it's a pretty cool place but I guess I needed a change of scenery too."

The sort of scenery that didn't have any of the new black Plasma uniforms in it, or anyone looking for people who'd once worn the dorky white one. To be fair though he'd probably have left eventually anyway, a clean break was what he'd really needed and it was hard to have that in a familiar area.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:11 pm
"Nothing wrong with a change of scenery... even if it does end up on the smaller side. You think it would be quieter here." Lex shook his head. "So, when is your birthday? Don't want to miss it."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:24 pm
...Oh. Well... well he guessed Sasha hadn't been that interested in the topic of their home regions after all then, he hadn't reacted at all! He'd thought he might hear something of Johto in return, or at least that Sasha might comment on... on... anything? Ugh! He was being boring!

"Ahaha, right? Um, it's a busy place Camphoreon. I've been to Sandalwood, which is bigger, but it feel a lot quieter. It's probably the trees, right?" 'Probably the trees, right?' Great so now he sounded like a moron too, a boring moron. Taavi started fiddling with his hair and gave a bright smile, hoping to move on from his stupid comment. "Um, my birthday's not for a while, it's May twenty first. When's yours?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:35 pm
"May? Far away then," he had been hoping that it would still fall within the year. "Halloween actually, a month or so." Lex gave a slight hum in thought, considering the next holiday.

"Ooh I meant in general, Kodo is so much smaller then the others. Johto has a lot of towers and legends and well I guess Kodo is going to be known for the egg." Which was a big deal, egg being able to talk to pokemon.

"I'm going to be twenty nine," he added, turning back to the first point. "I'm sure a few friends are going to tease me being so much closer to thirty but I'm not sure how it is a big deal."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:41 pm
Halloween? Well that was easy to remember at least, maybe-

Twenty nine? Really? He didn't really know how old he'd thought Sasha was but not that old! It didn't matter really it was just a surprise and slightly more surprising for it that Sasha was interested in him, he must seem so immature.... But then again he had been living on his own since he was sixteen, so that probably counted for a lot in maturity.

"Really?" Taavi said after a moment. "Well, heh, you can tell your friends you don't look nearly thirty." Not that Taavi was any good at judging ages at all but a compliment seldom hurt. "So do you have a Halloween themed birthday party then?"

He was glad that Sasha had replied to their earlier topic of conversation, not all that extensively but it was a relief that he'd at least been acknowledged. "And yeah," Taavi nodded, "nowhere else in the world had something like The Egg. I wish we could go and see it but the security is understandable I guess; Team Rocket would steal it if they could and Arceus knows what they'd go with it if they got their hands on it!"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:02 pm
"I haven't had a party in years, though I do very much love Halloween as a holiday. The costumes, the legends, the atmosphere." He grinned bright and eager. "You always get some moron wearing the most inappropriate costume though."

"Ooh yes, though I think it more closed off in an attempt to keep it here, instead of being moved willy nilly. Well also to keep off Team Rocket but I doubt anyone wants it being moved to some place out of Kodo."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff