Submit

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:21 pm
"Guess it isn't voice activated," Adam chuckled lightly, forcing the tension in his body to relax. He stepped outside the room where agent Mary and Aulus were. "Ma'am? Can you come into the room? We have a computer that is requesting what rank we are... it might be smart to put in the highest rank amongst us,

"Or Aulus, if you could?"

Though was it possible it wanted something else? There was no telling how many attempts they had at this. If this didn't work then perhaps he could try out his hunch.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:33 pm
Faleen's Room

"Good thing it didn't respond, too, or you could have potentially blown us all up," Izaya told Adam dryly. The man absently turned the pokeball-shaped device over in his hand as he stared at the agents outside the room, his thumb finding the button that would, on real pokeballs, enlarge the whole sphere. "We probably have to type an answer in or something."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 am
[Faleen's Room]

Well, this was really great then!

Aulus looked around the trashed room with his lips pressed into a hard thin line; this was not a room that had been left by the person he.... Well he didn't know her know her but even he knew this scene was way out of keeping with anything she'd usually do.

"I don't like this," he said aloud, heading over to the computer with a deepening frown on his face. Right then, so what were the chances that this thing was going to blow up or shock him or something? Well he had a defence against the latter, though not the former. "I don't know that it's going to be impressed by my rank but I'll give it a try. Going by how weird this while thing is though maybe you lot want to stand back when I do this just in case. Call me paranoid but...."

Instead of finishing the sentence Aulus let the ellipsis speak for itself and reached out to the keyboard to type in 'Agent' with his metal fingers. Titanium was a poor conductor to begin with, and there were insulators built in to boot, so if happy zappy time was in store for the unwary he'd be safe so long as it was only contact based, course it could shoot him with lasers for all he knew but he wasn't just going to stand around like a prat when there was a very worrying mystery to be solved just because he was nervous of Faleen's computer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:44 am
[Test Lab 3]

"Ah, so can I be clear about this?" KO asked quickly eyes darting from one Agent to the other as increasing concern eroded his cool. "Something has got out- something unidentified and dangerous and we don't even know what it is? And we're just supposed to," he gestured expansively around the room, "sweep up in here and hope we don't become its first victims?" Now looking really rather twitchy indeed KO turned to Lex for support. "I can't be the only one who thinks that sounds unhealthy?" This clean up sounded like a job for somebody expendable, not for him! Why not toss in some trainee with no particular skills? Then again.... "And," he paused again to look over at Tambery, "we don't actually know even where it might be? Why isn't the base on alert!"

He'd died once and come back, they probably wouldn't bother a second time. There'd been nothing. Nothing! He'd never believed there was anything but... but there'd been nothing at all. He didn't want to die again.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:23 pm
Faleen's Room

When Izaya tried to open the pokeball, it popped open without anything happening, it appeared to be empty

Mary had stepped out into the hall with the other Robotics agent, making a call on her dex to someone that she was asking to get down to the agent quarters, When the grunts requested an Agent, Mary looked up with widened eyes, but glanced over to Aulus as he stepped forward to take care of it, returning to her call.

Nothing explosive, or shocking happened when Aulus put in his rank at the computer, there was another few moments when nothing happened, followed then by
'Alright, That will work. one second please.'

They wouldn't have to wait very long, before the whole screen flashed, and they were suddenly staring at what looked like a camera feed, staring at them from the other side was no one other then Agent Faleen, her eyebrows arched, as she leaned forward slightly.
"Wow you guys, I'm impressed, you're pretty much right on time." She said with a grin and a nod "Thank you for not keeping me waiting. Now you should be able to see me, hopefully everything is working on you're end too. Can you see me? can you hear me?"

She looked like she was sitting in a bright setting, in some kind of brightly colored booth, her hair was pulled back behind her head, and white she wore the standard uniform, her crop top had been removed, leaving her only with the sleeveless high neck black body suit that she wore underneath. She also seemed to be in the middle of eating something, as she took a bite from a sandwich before making a few more adjustments to the camera.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:33 pm
Test Lab 3

"It wasn't my project." The Agent replied defensively "Its not like you know what it is either, or our job to be looking for it. Why don't you join the team looking for it if you're so concerned." She frowned a bit. "Ask inlet why they're not alerting everyone."
It seemed that the Agent had had a long day.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm
Lab 3

"I've been better." She told Lex with a tight smile, which then fell to KO and morphed into a sympathetic look... Clear signs of stress and tiredness at the edge of it too.

As the other Agent reveals a lack of knowledge, Tambrey seems to come to a decision, taking a tablet from her belt and tapping on it to call up some information, which quickly morphs into what some might recognize as a summarized genetic profile.
She offers it out to the group, to whoever wishes to take and look at it first.

"It's not unidentified." Tambrey sighed and looked distinctly wary. "We're fairly certain it's not still in /here/ though. Or, um, I have been... This /is/ the base on 'alert'. Security protocols are up and the investigative sectors are working hard, as, um, well, you've no doubt been told, we've access to clean up this room because they've finished in here. We're dealing with," Her voice tightened just a little bit "a Rotom. A heavily cellular modification-augmented Rotom. We improved the effectiveness of the electrogenic cells by increasing the, um, output in reaction to bursts of acetylcholine throughout the ectoplasmic membrane. Essentially we turned a Rotom's AC voltage... um.. 'up'. A lot 'up'. But with a view to easy conversion for multiple, uh, uses."

Indeed, the data on the pad would reflect what Tambrey said, the scientifically savvy among them being able to spot the obvious; the Rotom was engineered to become a reliable and powerful electrical power source. Theoretically, too, it would have been stable, as indicated by the pad, but obviously something had gone wrong...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:55 pm
[Faleen's room]

No explosion? No zapping? Well that was good, and yet the words on the screen somehow had him nearly as worried as the threat of immediate bodily harm. This was wrong.

When Faleen's face flashed up Aulus' already deep frown got deeper and became somewhat perplexed. "I see you Faleen, and I hear you loud and clear. What the bloody hell is going on? Where are you?" She was... grinning. It was pretty unsettling, as was her greeting 'right on time'? "And right on time for what?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:01 pm
Lab 3

"Oh." KO swallowed as he took the pad and studied it, not that he fully understood the profile in front of him but the rest of the data he did follow. "A power source," he murmured aloud as he read, a small frown knitting his brows. "All the output from something so small and with almost no actual mass...."

And it was on the loose, somewhere in the base. KO looked up from the pad and around the room nervously, for all the good that would do him! It was a ghost! A shiver ran down his spine and he licked suddenly dry lips. "But... we'll recapture it soon I'm sure. And I'm sure it wouldn't want to come back to the site of its containment.... Do we know what caused the breach?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:10 pm
Faleen's Room

Faleen took a moment to glance over the faces she noticed in the background
"Agent Aulus!" she burst in recognition snapping her fingers "Wasn't expecting you though, I was sure someone from Tech would be sent." She admitted followed with a wave of a hand with a smile, dismissing the comment she had just made, instead she leaned forward slightly, listening to Aulus' question
"Where am I? Well, I guess some kind of... Diner? Its not bad here, they've got good clubs." she mentioned, gesturing to the sandwich she was in the middle of eating before taking a bite, continuing to talk "As for what? I made a prediction as to when Tech would figure out I'm missing and come looking, then when the snooping on the computer. As for why, well, its for insurance more then anything. I want something to be made very very clear with Team Rocket." she propped herself up onto her elbows placing the sandwich down and swallowing what she had in her mouth "You ready Aulus? This is important. I'm defecting! yaay~ And -this is the important part- Team Rocket is to understand that there will be no actions taken against me. either to detain, harm, or kill me."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 pm
Lab 3

Tambrey shook her head somewhat sadly- an odd kind of sadness; stress, tiredness, relief at sharing the information and worry that somehow knowing might bring the creature to them, to her friends. But that was a silly superstition...

"We don't. It, um, well you can see. In theory this subject /should/ have been, um, stable. /Containable/. We must have, uh, missed something..."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:47 pm
[Faleen's Room]

He had to give the last part of what she'd said time to sink in before he could respond. Defecting? Faleen? After a few moments of silence he managed to say; "Really? You?" which was not the most eloquent thing ever but he hadn't exactly saved up a snappy retort for this situation; it was like hearing that Alex was giving up a life of coding to become a professional cadge fighter. "Why?" That seemed like a more pertinent question than the rhetorical two he'd previously asked.

Did she really mean it?

Did she really think that her saying 'btw don't follow me' would do anything? Team Rocket didn't allow those who defected to live.

She'd taken things with her, hard drives, and... s**t. If she'd defected - defected to the league? - then they knew... s**t, they knew a lot. They knew who a lot of people were for a start, at least potentially. How much had she told them? Were they watching right now? If so, so much for his social life outside the base. ********, had she told them where the base was? It took quite a lot of willpower not to glance around to see how the others were reacting but he managed it, kept his eyes fixed on Faleen in the cheery looking diner with her nice sandwich. Faleen, a traitor. s**t.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:53 pm
[Faleen's Room]

Adam stared blankly at the screen, watching as Aulus and Agent... Er... Traitor? Traitor Faleen spoke to the camera. It made his stomach twist in knots. Defected? To where? To why? Did she... Would she go to the league? That would lead to everyone basically being ******** over. Adam felt nasceous. Would he be okay? God.

No, this really made no sense. Why now? Why here? Adam tried to shuffle his thoughts in order, to consider what was happening.

"Agent?" Adam stepped closer, "Well... ******** not Agent anymore. Hey, Faleen. I have... Well a lot of questions. But first of all... Why did you leave your pokemon behind?" Wasn't Faleen pretty good to her pokemon? Her Carvanha were worried sick about her, after all. If she wasn't good to them, then they would probably have cared the least.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:00 pm
Lab 3

“I keep forgetting Rotom is an Electric type...” Lex murmured, thoughtful and yeah, he could see the appeal of creating a pokemon to work as a reliable electric source, but didn’t they already do that with a voltorb? Or try to keep with a pokemon that wasn’t able to possess things and be rather mobile?

He wandered over and settled near KO, looking over the pad in thought. “Would it give of a notable electric field? I’m just curious if we could track it by surges … because it seems like it would through some breakers and cause power outages if it wasn’t in control of its electronic current.” If it was, well, then this had been deliberate.

“I doubt it will, it seems to be running, not attacking or causing mayhem. There hasn't been power outages or attacks at least, not that I have heard about.” Super power electric pokemon… running because it had been startled? He hadn’t heard of any mysterious attacks in the base since it had escaped.

"I have my Misdreavus with me, Nickle can scout about the room just to make sure it isn't hiding about while we clean."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:02 pm
Faleen's Room

Zacharie sat back in the computer chair as people bustled around him, his expression growing more and more distressed as the events unfolded.

This...this wasn't right.
This wasn't Faleen at all. This person may look like Faleen but she was most certainly not the blonde-haired agent that he had gotten to know during his time in Team Rocket. He found himself speechless, unable to do anything other than clench his fists and watch...whoever this was speak. Her tone was all wrong, her expressions were wrong, everything was wrong! "...Where's Faleen?" He muttered, mostly to himself, his pale gaze flickering around the screen helplessly. Reaching up, he tugged anxiously on a loose strand of his hair,  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff