Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[RAFFLE ORP] Season's Savings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 pm
He told Jerome to be loud...but that didn't mean it wasn't startling all the same.

Zacharie jumped at the loud, commanding tone that cut through the surrounding chatter like a hot knife through butter. He paused, narrowly avoided bumping into the little old ladies again, and waited for Jerome to come closer so they could walk side by side. "Shouldn't everyone be home...spending time with family or something?" He complained, sidestepping so a little kid could run past without running into his legs.

But right, finding a music store.

Glancing around, he took a moment to appreciate his height before pointing across the sea of people. "Is that it over there?" The red, neon sign for a 'Music is Us' store hung among the various tinsel and garland still hanging from the holidays.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:39 pm
"Music is us" Jerome repeated, frowning lightly at the sign as they walked closer toward it. "Gatta got somethin' workin' for em, cause that name... ain't." Jerome muttered next to Zacharie, looking into the shop as they stepped out of the busy noisy halls and into the store.

He let out a light breath of relief and removed his hands from his pockets and drifted directly over to where a display of electric guitars were lined up.
"Damn, ain't seen one a these f'years."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:51 pm
Zacharie couldn't help but agree but chose to stay quiet as they entered the store and were cheerfully greeted by a red-haired girl working behind the counter. The teen gave a brief wave of acknowledgement before wandering after his friend. "An electric guitar?" He cocked his head slightly as he inspected the wall of instruments put up for display. Zacharie knew next to nothing about instruments outside of the recorder that he was forced to play in elementary school and so while he could appreciate the appearance of the guitars...he didn't really know what the big deal was. "...You play?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:57 am
Citrine/Ion

"N-no, no... I-I'm fine. I'm... mostly just embarrassed now, is all..." The girl said meekly, rubbing one of her arms.

"I-its okay," She said, smiling at the gift-giving pokemon and it's trainer, "Its the thought that counts."

The thought that she could knock someone out was an outlandishly amusing idea. Izumi flexed the hand with the metal looking glove. It was plausible... Hitting someone with a metal anything hard enough would knock them out; Izumi was not the type of person to ever think to resort to violence, however.

"I'd bring out one of my pokemon to help clear some walking space... B-but... Th-that'd be rude..."  

Sao Kasai

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:59 pm
"Ain't in years." Jerome admitted, reaching out to touch one of the instruments. "Since streets wars started, back in m' ET-14 days," He did little more then just touch the instruments for now. as if looking for one that he liked the looks of.
"Figured I would get another one someday, but these' suckas' r' expensive."

It was here that he hesitated, turning to frown at Zacharie, "man y' sure bout this?" He asked, knowing full well just how much wealth Zacharie had come into, but still not feeling right asking for something this big from his partner. Christmas or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:38 pm
Pale eyes flickered from the wall of guitars to his partner, a sort of sadness making the normally intense gaze soften. He could relate, in his own way, to having everything you knew and loved suddenly ripped out from right beneath your feet. Zacharie nodded slightly as he listened and heaved a soft sigh, "All the best things cost money." He said ruefully before dropping an arm around Jerome's shoulders.

He would always find a gleeful sort of pleasure in finally being taller than his friend.
Always.

"But of course I'm sure." He said, a smile tugging at his lips as he gave the darker man a playful, little shake. "It obviously means a lot to you, I have the money, aaaaaa-and you can play ambient music...what's not to be sure about?" He gave Jerome's shoulder a pat before letting his arm drop back to his shoulder. "Should we get an amp to annoy our neighbors?" He gave a huff of a lap before quickly sobering up, "Or...maybe not. I can think of at least four of our pokemon that would try to play with it."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:42 pm
Playing nice wasn't too difficult, when Kyle had a mission in mind he could focus on that, and despite the boiling frustration he held toward this "Agent Faleen." He was able to quell it enough to focus.

There was no doubt that she was a strange person, He heard the rumors that she was behaving completely out of character, apparently the person everyone seemed to think they knew was completely different. But even as an average person went she was strange. she acted more like an awed immature child then any self respecting adult would.

Ryan had very little to say about this situation too, causing Kyle to grow more impatient with his partner's seeming withdrawn nature to the defecting Rocket.
While Faleen had slipped forward and was peering around a store that she had entered Kyle turned to the shorter man.
"Game plan." Kyle demanded, causing Ryan to start, jerking his gaze up to the brunette

"Uh-"

Kyle scoffed, pulling his hands out of his pockets and shifting in front of Ryan so that he has his back to Faleen.
"We're close to her, get you're head in the game already and stop standing there like an idiot."

Ryan blinked with a startled look before he reached a hand to the back of his neck, rubbing at it before nodding.
"I'm just waiting for an opening, Its not like she's going to let us force anything from her."

The Sylveon next to Kyle cooed lightly, causing both the men to look over in Faleen's direction to make sure she wasn't walking over to them.

"Just snap out of it." Kyle growled, He knew Ryan well enough to know that he wasn't focused like she should.
Moving back away he advanced into the store, grabbing a hat off the rack and tossing it toward Faleen.

"Put that on." He demanded.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:42 pm
[Rooftop ice rink > inside - K.O.

"Hmmm, been working on getting my sneasel and joltik to evolve, I think they will really help my team out," Lex replied, moving a bit to keep up before following in an easy saunter. "Did my yearly cleaning ritual. So I'm out of sage and sweet grass."

He smiled, thinking fondly of Taavi. "Managed to still keep my boyfriend. Despite work."

TawnyAngel

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:57 pm
Jerome shifted his stance, glancing to the side when he felt the arm around his shoulder, listening in silence as Zacharie explained his insistence.
a wave of thankfulness swelled over Jerome, and reaching a hand out he placed his fist against Zacharie's chest. patting it lightly a few times in a gesture anyone who knew Jerome as a way of recognizing camaraderie and thankfulness.

A deep chuckle met Zacharie's question about the amp, glancing to the shadow where he knew bro was lingering and watching.
"Naw, they would know better." He explained "Y'need an amp t'play, an probably some headphones so I don't go wakin' someone up."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 pm
"Ah, alright." Zacharie glanced back to Jerome's shadow as well and grinned. "Well get whatever you need and want, I don't care about the price. It's better to get buy expensive than buy cheap and have to pay to get it fixed all the time." He said wisely before wandering a little ways off to look at a selection of colourful guitar picks and straps. He didn't want to hover and possibly make deciding harder on his friend.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm
[Atrium - Michiko & Dith]

"I do admit, harvesting has always been an intriguing part of it," Oliver said calmly, pleased with the interest. "I like poison pokemon a lot. But all of it really, though I would need to get hired before a lot of it is explained." He made a wistful sound. "I want a Dragalge. They are such lovely pokemon."

"How they developed poison and the unique changes from environment is more biology then bio chemistry. I study more chemical reactions and compositions in living things." Oliver stroked over Nero head, carefully. "It does have other fields, Raventoxin from a species of spider in china has shown promise in shrinking tumors in mice."

"I do wish to work more with Pokemon venom, but the classes I have taken tend to be more broad coverings of subjects." He gave a slight hum. "Spider venom though differentiates on what sort of toxin is used. If they use an neurotoxic, there are three different main chemical compounds that could be in use."

TawnyAngel

Chibi_Kokoro143

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:31 pm
They wouldn't be there for too long before one of the employees would approach them and ask if he could help. there was a definite nervousness to the man's demeanor, but as soon as Jerome started talking to him as if he knew what he was talking about and the kinds of equipment he was looking for the man visibly relaxed.

Jerome seemed to know exactly what he needed, so the trip didn't take a whole lot of time to wrap up, Having picked out a black and purple instrument, the color bearing a close resemblance to a Gengar's purple and spiked back.
he picked out an amp and a pare of headphones so he could practice quietly without disturbing anyone.

With the transaction wrapped up and the equipment being packed up and ready to move Jerome moved his elbow out to nudge Zacharie "I'll buy lunch." He told the boy, knowing they had time to kill before they would be able to meet the movers down in the loading dock with the van.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:55 pm
Zacharie idly trailed along behind Jerome as he picked out his guitar, amp, and a pair of headphones, absently nodding as the man explained how they would get it all to their car. When it came time to pay, he swiped his card without a second thought and smiled politely at the cashier as he signed the receipt. "Lunch sounds good." He said, stretching his arms above his head with a quiet grunt. "I can't recall ever having eaten at a mall before...what sort of food do they have?" He asked curiously as they left the music store and stepped into the crowd once again. "Is it like a cafe or a small restaurant?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:03 pm
absently twirling a new guitar pick he had picked out between his fingers, the older man walking next to Zacharie as they left the shop, shrugging lightly in response to his question.
"Ain't been in here before m'self." He replied "figure we'll find something."
He knew there was some kind of food area in the mall, they walked past an open place with food outlets, but a sit down place would be a lot more comfortable to get away from the crowds.

"y'play anythin'?" Jerome asked, allowing his gaze to drift around the different shops as they passed in case they saw a place to eat that seemed suitable... Jerome didn't wanna be cheap after being given such a lavish gift.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:11 pm
"Mmn." Zacharie acknowledged the others statement with a soft hum and a nod of understanding, his gaze wandering from store to store. He wasn't picky about what he ate so really, it didn't matter where Jerome picked as long as he could get some sort of juice with his meal. "Me, play?" He snorted and shot Jerome an amused look from the corner of his eye. "I can play the recorder. I had a mandatory music class in elementary school and I just kept it up so the councilors would leave me alone." He shrugged lightly and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his black, cotton jacket. "I can play a few scales on the clarinet since it's not too much of a jump from recorder to clarinet...but I wouldn't say I know how to play it." He smiled wryly and stepped out of the way of a giggling couple before falling back to Jerome's side. "Nothing as cool as the guitar."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff