Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Chatterbox
Introduction Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:32 pm
GeekWhistle
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
I did read the spoiler. lol I don't know if I've ever read something that sounded so simple yet complicated at the same time before. o.o; It's the kind of thing that obviously requires practice to get it right.

Yeah. There is DEFINITELY a learning curve there. Like my issues when I first started were 1) figuring out WHEN it was pulped enough (I'm very visually orientated, so I ended up having to google pics of other people's pulp and found out that I was not being NEARLY aggressive enough in my beating of the pulp.
2) not getting the water enough. It is WAAY harder to pulp paper when the water is cool.
3) Not waiting long enough to take it off the screen, trying to move the paper too early from the drying stack. Like you really can't move the paper much until like day two of the drying process. OR it just kind of slips apart and you get to cry about the death of your paper xD

ALSO I was an idiot that tried to BAKE the paper so that it would dry faster - Don't do that. The paper gets stuck and you basically have to repulp it XD IT was awful XD.

Honestly I think being patient with it is the hardest part XD I have some awesome "Nani was not patient" stories when it comes to crafts - not just papermaking but like basically every craft I've ever done. Incidentally when dying wool - don't microwave it. I'm not sure my roommate has forgiven me for that one yet XD
Patience is something I have in abundance. lol I have a lot of time consuming hobbies. Stamps are taking up most of my time right now. I inherited my father's collection and making custom albums. So if I ever decided to try making paper it would have to be when I have more time to dedicate to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:34 pm
foxylocksy
Hey! I'm Anne. Currently I live near Atlanta, GA, which is my home town. However, in the past 5 years I have lived in Jamaica, Germany, New Zealand, and Canada plus multiple U.S. states.

I am a graduate student in an international nature conservation master's program. For the summer, I will be near Albuquerque, New Mexico for an internship. Then all I have left is my thesis (do not know what that will be yet). I will have limited internet over the summer, so will probably not be on for 13 weeks.
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've had a fun 5 years. xd I might be a little jealous. lol  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

GeekWhistle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:57 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Patience is something I have in abundance. lol I have a lot of time consuming hobbies. Stamps are taking up most of my time right now. I inherited my father's collection and making custom albums. So if I ever decided to try making paper it would have to be when I have more time to dedicate to it.

OOOH! Stamps! Fun. I have like a few stamps but not many. That's not something I've gotten as into (yet anyways XD) Sounds like fun tho.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:07 pm
GeekWhistle
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

OOOH! Stamps! Fun. I have like a few stamps but not many. That's not something I've gotten as into (yet anyways XD) Sounds like fun tho.
It would have been an awful lot more fun had this site existed when I started collecting. It's not so fun when you have hundreds of thousands of stamps to sort and classify. . .  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

GeekWhistle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
GeekWhistle
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

It would have been an awful lot more fun had this site existed when I started collecting. It's not so fun when you have hundreds of thousands of stamps to sort and classify. . .

Yeah. Okay. That's probably less fun. I"ll still to my hundred and one craft projects XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 pm
GeekWhistle
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
GeekWhistle
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

Yeah. Okay. That's probably less fun. I"ll still to my hundred and one craft projects XD
That's why you should sort it now before it gets out of hand. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm
Nyan_Cupcakes
Hello all, I Nyan and I was born in Dominican Republic, raised in Puerto Rico and back in my birthplace at the moment. I look forward to meeting you and maybe getting to know more Spanish speakers, I haven't met one on gaia yet. ^-^
Welcome aboard! One of our members lives in Madrid. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:43 pm
Nyan_Cupcakes
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Nyan_Cupcakes
Hello all, I Nyan and I was born in Dominican Republic, raised in Puerto Rico and back in my birthplace at the moment. I look forward to meeting you and maybe getting to know more Spanish speakers, I haven't met one on gaia yet. ^-^

Thank you biggrin That's awesome, I'll have to quote them some time, the difference in Spanish is pretty cool.
Differences in any language can be pretty interesting. We have a very unique English dialect here in Newfoundland. 3nodding  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 pm
Nyan_Cupcakes
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Nyan_Cupcakes
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Nyan_Cupcakes

Thank you biggrin That's awesome, I'll have to quote them some time, the difference in Spanish is pretty cool.
Differences in any language can be pretty interesting. We have a very unique English dialect here in Newfoundland. 3nodding

I love finding differences in languages. It's difficult to notice for me in English because I'm always rusty. I saw a funny video about how people from different places in a room could easily get into a fight because of the dialect.
Sometimes it doesn't take much to start an arguement. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Nyan_Cupcakes
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Nyan_Cupcakes
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Nyan_Cupcakes

I love finding differences in languages. It's difficult to notice for me in English because I'm always rusty. I saw a funny video about how people from different places in a room could easily get into a fight because of the dialect.
Sometimes it doesn't take much to start an arguement. xd
Words are so much fun. I attended a college called College of the North Atlantic. They used to abbreviate it as CONA. Until they found out what it meant in Spanish. Now it's CNA. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

MZgen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:58 am
Hellooooo all!

Thanks for the invitation though I'm still unsure what this guild is about. But I guess I'll figure things out here in due time.

I am Midori from Singapore. Been on Gaia for close to 9/10 years. I'm currently majoring in Filmmaking and minoring in Linguistics. My passions are writing, acting, and the study of languages. I act sometimes, both theatre and film.

Hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to knowing you all!  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff