Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Bobbing for Apples Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:35 pm
Why? Zevran frowned. "I... well because you didn't have to? But you came anyway. I caused you trouble and yet you," he mentally wrestled with his second language, difficult with his thoughts churning; "Yet you pay it no mind? It's as though you think you did nothing when you did much, much for me when others.... Ah. That is..." Zevran broke eye contact and ran his tongue over his lips, not seductive now but off balance and seeming somehow slightly lost. "...That is, I do not know what else to say," he finished, sounding awkward for once in his life.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 pm
His eyebrows rose further as he went on, his expression growing more perplexed... And then there was a Zevran he'd never seen before. Abel was so used to his friend's constant self-assurance and confidence, how he was always ready with a witty response to everything, and yet here, now, he looked... so uncertain, almost vulnerable - no, uncomfortable was a better word - and like he either didn't want to continue or couldn't find the words to do so. The difference in demeanor was like night and day, and for a moment the taller blond didn't really know what to think or say. Was this what he was like deep down, past all the self-confidence and innuendos and spontaneous nature? Was that all an act? Or did his usual mindset get chipped that easily?

"What did... mn," he stopped himself with a light frown; that question wasn't important. What was important was how concerned his friend seemed over this - which was quite a bit, if the drastic change was any indication. It wasn't right, it wasn't him - or maybe it was, but what did he know? Either way he obviously wasn't comfortable, and Abel found himself aiming to fix it. Setting aside his curiosity for now and prioritizing his thoughts, his puzzled expression morphed into a soft smile without even a trace of malice or humor in it. The last thing he wanted was for Zevran to think he was laughing at him or making fun of him or something. "Well no, it wasn't nothing, but it's more like..." He paused to sort his thoughts, his brows furrowing a bit. "It's more like it was nothing that needs to be repaid in some way. You weren't asking for a favor or anything, you needed help. You asked me for help, so I helped you because it was the right thing to do, and because you're my friend. I could never ask or expect you to give me something for that."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:04 pm
Because you're my friend. "Oh." Zevran cleared his throat and gave a little laugh, a hint of a smile creeping tentatively back onto his lips. "Well... yes I think I understand." His friend. Zevran smiled a little more and ruffled his fingers through his drying hair to try to get it back in order a bit and to give him something to do with his free hand for a moment. "That is, thank you. You are a good friend you know." He still wanted to persuade Abel that he didn't have to repay him, he didn't feel as though anything was owed in this case either, but perhaps he'd leave that for another time.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:13 pm
Ah, this was better. Abel's smile brightened a bit, and he clapped his free hand on his friend's shoulder. "That's good. And thank you, too. And," he went on, removing his hand and gesturing with it palm-up, "if it's an easier pill to swallow, you can just think I was selfish and did it more for myself. If I let you collapse somewhere and possibly dramatically expire, who would I hang out and spend an afternoon making lewd jokes with? No one, and what fun would that be? None at all. It'd be such a terrible shame," he concluded with an exaggerated dramatic sigh - then grinned at Zev. "Still want to find some games to play?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:20 pm
"Ha!" Zevran cracked a proper grin again and nodded sagely. "Of course, of course! I do make very good lewd jokes, a wealth of experience to draw upon you understand. If I were not here you would have to make such jests to yourself and then you would get peculiar looks by anyone who overheard instead of dirty ones, confusing people is not half so much fun as scandalising them. And yes, let's see what there is to do! I have seen a few people walking around with coconuts, there must be a shy somewhere I suppose? Should we stand by it and make a few jokes about large nuts, skilfully deployed balls?" It was a relief to head back into light-hearted territory, sincerity was not something he dealt well with at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm
There, much better. "See, you understand! Everyone would just think I'm crazy if I went around doing that, and that isn't any fun. So obviously I couldn't just leave you to your fate, could I? Not when it would've ended so badly for me! And observing and making jokes sounds like fun," he said with a wry grin and moved to walk beside his friend, though he didn't know where the game booth was. "That's another game I doubt I'll do well in, though I don't know what I'd do with a coconut if I did manage to win one."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:54 pm
"Well exactly! It all makes perfect sense now, I'm glad you explained it to me." As they walked Zevran bumped lightly against Abel again and grinned up at him. "Are you sure you will do so badly? Your ball handling skills are not up to scratch? Not much of a pitcher? And coconuts are very useful things, if you make a small hole in the top you can pour in alcohol. Really very practical as nuts go..." Zevran paused with thoughtful look on his face. "Are coconuts nuts?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:08 pm
A broad grin spread across his face as he chuckled, and while he noted the bump he didn't comment on or return it just yet. "Oh, to be honest I've never been a pitcher before. Never played ball before, you know. The extent of my skills, realistically speaking, is about on par with tossing someone a set of keys or something. ...huh." His brows knitted together as he gave the question some thought. Were they? "You know I have no idea," he admitted after a few moments with a shrug. "I've honestly never thought about it before. They could be, but they seem like excessively large nuts if so."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:22 pm
"Eh." Zevran shrugged, he didn't care enough about coconuts being nuts or otherwise to get his phone out of the basket to find out. "Perhaps the stall keeper will know? Or perhaps they would just give us a funny look- ah, over there, shall we have a try? I don't have any tools to open a coconuts should I win one... perhaps I could persuade my knife-bird to pierce it for me? It seems less inclined to try to have me for lunch of late, now that it knows I am a source of meat in a rather less intimate sense than it had originally pictured."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:49 pm
Ah, and there was the coconut shy booth over there. "Hmm," the blond hummed thoughtfully before he shrugged, "sure, why not? I don't mind embarrassing myself again." Though he didn't know how badly he'd actually do; it was always nicer to downplay an outcome and be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.

He turned to begin walking in that direction, and as he did he bumped into his friend innocently, though he pretended not to even notice having done so. "How's your knife-bird coming along, anyway?" He asked instead. "Besides not trying to eat you for lunch anymore, which is a wonderful improvement."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:22 pm
Zevran chuckled and shot Abel a smirk as the taller man bumped against him again. "My my, we are a clumsy pair today aren't we?" he observed with total innocence. "And she - it is a she apparently - is coming along rather well, she is quite powerful! Moreso than Pan, who was the strongest of them before. I have yet to try flying on her but she is quite willing in battle, though not always obedient." He gave another chuckle - wry this time - and shook his head slightly. "I think I need training as much as she does, I am learning but it seems there is a lot to learn." Things that a lot of people around him seemed to have absorbed though their culture as children was taking a lot of effort for him to catch up with such as the type comparisons, ten year olds knew it but he still had to check anything that wasn't completely obvious.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:42 pm
"It certainly seems that way, doesn't it?" Abel grinned broadly and hooked a thumb into his pocket. Just the one, since his other hand and arm in general were a little more occupied carrying things. "Ah, that's good! Obedience, or at least cooperation, will come in time, I'm sure. Pokemon training can be hard, especially if you've never done it before or lived somewhere where it wasn't really a common thing. I've been around pokemon my whole life but I didn't actually start training them until a few years ago. I knew a few things so I didn't start at the bottom, but I started pretty close to it I think. There's definitely a lot to learn, yeah, but you'll get there if you keep at it." So saying, he offered his friend an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

After a bit they found and participated in coconut shy before finding several other rides to ride or various fair games to try their hands at. A handful of small prizes were won between them and stashed in Zevran's basket for safekeeping during the remainder of the fair, and it was late in the afternoon when Abel came to a halt beside Zevran, looking up at a large wooden arch that formed the entrance to the corn maze. "Here it is!" He announced somewhat needlessly, his colorful eyes tracing the cornstalk designs painted onto the arch before he turned to flash an excited grin to Zevran. "Are you ready to get lost?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:59 pm
It had been a thoroughly good afternoon, filled with games and a great many wonderfully filthy jokes. Now, standing before the arch that led into the maze, Zevran grinned at Abel. "I am if you are as well, I wouldn't want to get lost all on my own."

Not far from the entry to the maze was the first choice; "Right, left or straight?" Zevran mused aloud before quickly following up with; "I must admit I never was a fan of going straight, it seems terribly dull to me."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:32 pm
"Well of course not," Abel said with a shake of his head, looking aghast at the thought. "I'd never leave you to get lost all by yourself! I mean, who would I make lewd jokes with?" Aiming a mischievous grin at him for a moment, he then made a thoughtful face. "You know, I never thought of it that way, but now that I think about it, that is a little boring. How about left then?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:57 pm
"Left is good!" Zevran agreed cheerfully as he turned in that direction and rounded the corner. As they walked a thought occurred to him and he turned to Abel with a curious lift of his eyebrows. "We discussed earlier what it is that I do, after a fashion, but I have realised I don't know what it is you do at your job all day." Asking after occupations was a bit outside his usual line of conversation but he was curious to know what it was Abel did to earn his reliable wage.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff