[FIN] A Murder of Crows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:18 pm
He had never particularly liked having people look so intently into his eyes before; it had always felt like an invasive thing, the eyes being the windows to the soul as they said and he never having wished anyone to see what passed for his. It was different with Abel, as were so many things. Zevran smiled weakly and slid a hand up to the back of Abel's head to keep their brows pressed together. "Yes. Plenty of time for seizing. Time for trips together. Time for thyme, rosemary, oregano, evenings on a balcony somewhere. All shall be well, the world has tried to kill both of us many times and never succeeded. We are, after all, ridiculously awesome."  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 pm
His hand came to rest over the burn scars on Zev's back, while his other hand lifted to gently, tenderly stroke his jaw. "Exactly," the taller blond agreed, his voice a soft murmur as he continued to gaze into those brilliant, fiery amber eyes he loved so much, "we can take plenty of trips, and we'll get you a balcony to keep plenty of herbs on - as many as you want, so long as we have enough room to be out there along with them - and a walk through the rain, more dates... We should plan another date because that's true, you're right; we've both stared death in the face on more than one occasion and lived. We'll be okay."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm
Yes, a plan, something in the near future to focus on and - just as importantly - something light to talk about. "An excellent idea." Zevran flashed a smile and turned his head a little to kiss Abel's fingers as they caressed his jaw. "For a meal perhaps? Somewhere slightly fancy, but not so fancy that you cannot wear jeans. Or perhaps we should go full fancy? I could hire a suit again, I know you liked the one I wore for New Years."  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:14 pm
Abel's smile brightened first at the kiss to his fingers and then to his suggestions. "I do like you in a suit," he admitted with a soft chuckle before he pressed a kiss to Zevran's cheek, "but I think slightly fancy would be nice. Not too stuffy, definitely comfortable. Mmh, do you want to pair it with going to see a movie too? Or coming home and dancing maybe?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:23 pm
"Ahh, decisions." Zevran chuckled briefly and leant his head against Abel's again. "Both have their appeal," he continued with a smirk. "Both would allow me to shamelessly fondle you, an activity I am most fond of as you may have guessed by this time. I think dancing though, I would like to have you to myself." If they both survived he doubted he would much want to deal with the wider world for some time, even if it really did all end in the warehouse and nobody else would come for them. "Perhaps we could just order take out and get in some beers? Instead of spending the money on a meal out we spend it on sending Taavi out somewhere fun, if he has not already moved out."  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:25 pm
A bright laugh bubbled up at Zevran's words. "Yes, I think I guessed that a long time ago. Though that isn't to say I don't feel the same," he added with a brief smirk before pressing a fond kiss to Zev's cheek again. "But.. hm, I think ordering take-out would be nice. We could even do all three? Drink some beer and eat dinner while watching a movie, and then dance? Then we could cuddle after, maybe even build another blanket fort? I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get Taavi out of the apartment for the evening... if he hasn't moved out by then, yeah." Taavi moving out... was definitely something he still had mixed feelings about. His best friend had lived with him for over a year now when he'd only intended him to stay maybe a week at most, and though sometimes he wished he had more privacy in his small apartment, he knew without a single doubt he'd miss him when he did move out.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:48 pm
"All of that sounds excellent," Zevran agreed, and then to keep himself from thinking of other things he continued; "And maybe a picnic in a couple of weeks? The weather is still freezing by any civilized standard but it would be fine with fire types. I will make tortilla, asparagus with serrano ham, stuffed peppers... something with chickpeas and chorizo? With olives of course, and bread, and cheeses. You know I love to cook for you almost as much as I love to fondle you!"  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:20 pm
"Ah yeah, a picnic would be great. Maybe somewhere in the park? Or wherever more civilized people go for picnics," he added with a wry smirk, both hands dipping down to squeeze themselves around Zevran's waist again. How did he fit so perfectly in his arms? "I love both of those things, almost as much as I love you," the taller blond stated as he leaned in to kiss the tip of his boyfriend's nose again, "but unfortunately I think my legs are starting to fall asleep. D'you wanna go sit down by the stairwell door now?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 pm
Zevran chuckled, kissed Abel's cheek and got smoothly to his feet. "Civilized people picnic on their rooftops if they have access or in the plaza, I suppose you would call it a public square?" Zevran shrugged and offered a hand down for Abel to pull himself up by. "We do not have public parks as you do but the plazas serve much the same purpose as well as hosting markets, theatre, and so on. There are many tables with benches where people sit to people watch, where students work and write, and indeed where people have picnics and chew over the matters of the day. Antiva's greatest plaza is the Plaza Asha, I cannot count how much time I spent there. All around the edge of the square were stalls selling anything you could wish to eat and drink; pitchers of sangria, dates, olives, fresh bread, all of it! One could even hire plates and cups to eat from..." Zevran sighed softly and gave Abel a slightly sad smile. "I could speak all day just of that one plaza if you allowed it."

So many memories, and so many of them involving Taliesen and then, later, Rinna too. Judging passers by on their fashion sense, imagining the conversations between strangers a few tables away, fighting one another for the last olive or clove of pickled garlic and then pouring the last of the wine into any cup but their own. It had been good, and knowing what he knew now he was sure that Taliesen must have cared. Perhaps he still did, but not enough to rebel.

"I wish I could show it to you." Abel the plaza; Taliesen life away from the Crows.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 pm
Even if he didn't need it Zevran's offer of assistance was more than welcome, and Abel took it gladly as he got up to his tingling feet and stretched out his legs a bit. He didn't let go of his love's hand once he stood though, instead choosing to keep hold of it and give his fingers a fond squeeze as he led the way to the stairwell so he could sink down in front of it. "It sounds lovely, I'd love to hear more about it if you'd like to talk about it," he said honestly. Zevran already knew he wanted to hear anything his boyfriend wanted to say; he didn't think it needed repeating again. How difficult must it be to be so fond of where you're from, and yet never able to go back?  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm
He squeezed Abel's hand in return, it didn't lessen his regret for what could not be but it did make him gladder of what was. "Of course you do, you love the sound of my voice; everyone loves the sound of my voice, I have a very sexy accent." With this modest declaration Zevran turned his back to Abel to look out toward the sea and tugged at his hand, encouraging him to wrap his arms around his waist.

"Plaza Asha is never empty," he began with a gentle sigh. "Even at night it is lit and full of people and the smell of good food. Musicians almost on top of one another, competing for your change from the bars or food carts. Dancing. Kisses in the shadows between the lights. You could go there a thousand times and have two thousand different experiences. I have eaten there, and cooked on stalls. I have listened to the musicians, and joined in to sing for my supper. Danced, and watched dancing. Kissed. Watched it all from a rooftop nearby. Antiva is a city of unrestrained life and it is strongest in its plazas, and its markets of course; there is no city like it in Thedas, nor I think anywhere in the world. People say that Val Royeaux in Orlais is the most beautiful city in Thedas, that 'she' has a life of her own but their opulence and obsession with their political Great Game dominates and stifles! Antiva City has a life made of many lives pressed together, swirling ever-changing chaos. It is a city of people of a thousand backgrounds and all rub shoulders in the plazas, the only difference is the quality of the wine they drink as they listen to the music... And the number of bodyguards watching them of course but they are together and all of them are part of the whole and part of the experience."

Eventually Zevran stopped talking and looked up over his shoulder at Abel with a wry smile. "Shall I speak more? I can!"

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:17 pm
"Your humble modesty is positively inspirational," the taller blond said, a smirk audible in his voice as he did as bid and wrapped his arms snugly around his boyfriend's waist. Not that Zevran was incorrect or anything; Abel absolutely adored the sound of Zev's voice, and found his accent only a little attractive. Just a bit.

So with a fond sigh he settled his arms a bit more comfortably and listened to his love speak of this plaza he loved so much, had spent so much of his time in. Eventually the shorter man finished and Abel ducked down to press a soft kiss on the cheek Zev turned towards him. "It sounds lovely and infinitely interesting -- just like your voice. I'd love to hear more if you'd like to share more."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 pm
"Oh I know, my modesty is one of my greatest virtues," Zevran said slyly and winked at Abel before turning to look out at the view again. "There was a stall there which sold the best empanada I have ever tasted, the pork and huitlacoche was my favourite. It was always run by just one woman and she was there every day of the week from morning to evening in all seasons, she was as much a part of the place as the statue of Queen Asha herself. I would always pester her for her recipes but she would not give them to me! A sound and fair business model but I do miss the taste... Perhaps if I practice enough I will be able to recreate her dishes, bring another little piece of home here to Kodo." Perhaps one day Kodo would feel like home itself, and he certainly felt at home when he was with Abel but... Well it just wasn't quite the same.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm
With an amused chuckle and fond shake of his head, Abel gave his boyfriend another squeeze. "Mmh, that sounds delicious, but I can't blame her for not giving away her secret recipes. I'm pretty sure my mom has a few of those, maybe she'll let you in on her secrets someday? And..." Zev couldn't go back home, he could never go back if he wanted to live, so he could never visit again, never see the people or places he'd grown up with again -- and there was nothing Abel could do to change that, as much as he wanted to so desperately. Zevran obviously missed them all, but what could he do? Nothing, that was what. "You know you're always more than welcome to come try and replicate her dishes - or anyone's dishes - in my kitchen," with the set of pots and pans along with the slow cooker he'd bought him for Christmas, "and I'll even help if you want. Or try to, at any rate, since I haven't tasted the things you'd want to recreate. I can't be much help in that department," he pointed out ruefully. No, he couldn't help with that, but at least he could provide a means and a safe place Zevran could try to recreate a little taste of home.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:43 pm
He had never known life could be this good. How happy might he have been in beautiful Antiva if he had been born under different circumstances there, met Abel there instead?... Though if he had not lived the early years he had and had never been a Crow would he still be the person Abel loved? Perhaps not.

Zevran twisted around in Abel's arms in order to embrace him in return and lifted his chin just a little as he looked into his love's beautiful eyes. "I will always miss Antiva Abel but you make me feel at home, and I would love for you to help me. I always need somebody to peel things for me, and to help me to taste! I have said it before but I will again; you have given me more than I can ever tell you. You... Nobody before you has ever loved me without taint. I had value before I met you, but never worth. No matter what happens tonight I want you to know that you have changed my life and... and that you have given me permission to be more than a clever tool." He swallowed hard then and had to break eye contact with Abel, the welling of emotion was almost too much to bear.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff