Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Angel Sanctuary Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of the books can you find in your area?
1-5
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
6-10
57%
 57%  [ 29 ]
11-15
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
16-20
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

Kira-sempai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:07 am
well... i bought books in France.... All 20 volumes..... 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:10 pm
Katinchen012

Yes, as far as I understood Alexiel is a bit older than Rociel. Well, older isn't right at all... Let's say, she was born earlier. This matter is kind of complicated^^'

Sisi...she was "created" first. But Alexiel and Rociel, in my opinion are two parts of a whole. Seeing them as biological twins in the human way doesn't fly in Kaori Yuki's universe XD

Sure, they're two parys of a whole, but their "relation" is much like that of two siblings jealously fighting to get attention from a parent. That is of course to simplify it a little.

I've read vol 8 now! Fantastic! I have to admit that I thought vol 4-6 weren't as good as they could be, but now the intensity is back...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:36 pm
Sanekazura
Katinchen012

Yes, as far as I understood Alexiel is a bit older than Rociel. Well, older isn't right at all... Let's say, she was born earlier. This matter is kind of complicated^^'

Sisi...she was "created" first. But Alexiel and Rociel, in my opinion are two parts of a whole. Seeing them as biological twins in the human way doesn't fly in Kaori Yuki's universe XD

Sure, they're two parys of a whole, but their "relation" is much like that of two siblings jealously fighting to get attention from a parent. That is of course to simplify it a little.

I've read vol 8 now! Fantastic! I have to admit that I thought vol 4-6 weren't as good as they could be, but now the intensity is back...

It doesnt seem Alexiel did a whole lot of fighting for anybodys attention.
She was her own woman :3 She went where she wanted when she wanted, she paid for it, but I think she could care less about God loving her if it meant her imprisonment...
and yeah...the whole arc with Kurai and Noise and Voice were boring...
Belial made it more tolerable...and I kinda like the Uriel and Katou arc.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:59 am
Sai-kun
Sanekazura
Katinchen012

She was her own woman :3 She went where she wanted when she wanted, she paid for it, but I think she could care less about God loving her if it meant her imprisonment...

Yes, Alexiel really didin't fight for anybodys love, and, well, I think she didin't need to fight for the love of the people whose she wanted.

I also think 5 and 6 are my least favourite volumes, but 4 is great *laughs*
The "discussions" between Setsuna and Katou are really good, I think I almost never laughed that much while reading AS.
Katou is one of my favourite characters smile  

Katinchen012

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:20 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Sanekazura
Katinchen012

Yes, Alexiel really didin't fight for anybodys love, and, well, I think she didin't need to fight for the love of the people whose she wanted.

The "discussions" between Setsuna and Katou are really good, I think I almost never laughed that much while reading AS.

Agreed to all of the above :3
Katou is the greatest...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:12 pm
Ah, I'm so lucky. I have a friend who has a friend in Poland who sent her all of AS on disk who, in turn, gave it to me... and, trust me, the series just gets better. 3nodding I'm trying to figure out who the reigning Master of Crazy is. I think it's a tie between almost everyone... sweatdrop  

OboeGoddess

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:28 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Sanekazura
Katinchen012

Katou is the greatest...

Hmmm... Katou never won my heart... But I'm a big Kurai fan, so now when she's getting a more important role in the story again, I'm happy. And I love the angels. 3nodding The arc that starts in vol 7 (can't remember the name sweatdrop ) had a promising start.

I've been thinking... We've discussed the controversy of AS before in this thread, with the protests in Germany and such. What is it like in japan? Are there people that are offended there too? Or are they more tolerant?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:38 pm
Sanekazura
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Sanekazura
Katinchen012

Katou is the greatest...

Hmmm... Katou never won my heart... But I'm a big Kurai fan, so now when she's getting a more important role in the story again, I'm happy. And I love the angels. 3nodding The arc that starts in vol 7 (can't remember the name sweatdrop ) had a promising start.

I've been thinking... We've discussed the controversy of AS before in this thread, with the protests in Germany and such. What is it like in japan? Are there people that are offended there too? Or are they more tolerant?

Christianity is the minority in Japan, so I dont think it was as big of a deal.
Also their taboos are different...they tamper with Christian/angel/devil imagery and motifs without the theological implications of them all the time in their popular media.
Like...theres bakerys named after Angels and what not...I think its just the aesthetic and not the moral meaning of the religion that they like.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

alicelights

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:58 pm
We have eight here... unfortunatly last time I went manga-shopping (it's all the way in the middle of London) I had to choose between volume eight and lunch. I already had the six and seven to buy...

wah, I want to give up my lunch again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:04 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sonoshi

Yehay! I totally look forward to it! 4laugh

Good, you're the first one to do so, I believe xd

As for Sane's question; it would be easier for me to tell who isn't my favorite character. When it comes to AS, I love most of the character designs, and naming only one favorite would be impossible.

I have no favorite character... but there is one character I love the design of so much that I crazily fawn whenever he walks in... I love Raziel!

User Image
(one of my favorite AS images....ever)

I must be crazy, with all those yummy bishonen walking around in varying degrees of angst and likely gender-confussion; and I go for the little-german-boy-scout-poster-child... (oh my god, so cute)  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:19 pm
Sanekazura

I did like Kato's backstory and that tiny bit of Raziel story. Though I agree about 'Noise' and 'Voice'. Yuki-san said, herself, that she hadn't fleshed those two out properly and that arc suffered for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:03 pm
Where I live we have up to volume 8 biggrin I love a.s. it's sooo frickin cool!!
but it always takes forever for new volumes to get here!! domokun
One of my friends downloaded all the volumes, how I don't know??
I really want to see the episodes of A.S. but I can't find them anywere!!! crying  

Boredom_Kills

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:44 pm
Hayden715
Where I live we have up to volume 8 biggrin I love a.s. it's sooo frickin cool!!
but it always takes forever for new volumes to get here!! domokun
One of my friends downloaded all the volumes, how I don't know??
I really want to see the episodes of A.S. but I can't find them anywere!!! crying

Where do you live, Hayden?
The OAV is available most anywhere that carries anime dvds, like a mall movie store...
the manga is no longer available online because its liscensed, but omanga used to have it all.
THe scanlations are probably still available on irc...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:48 pm
<> so lost..  

FOW_Amou

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:58 pm
FOW_Amou