Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Roar Roar Roar your Yu-Gi-Oh! are going through a carwash Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rocks Everyone's Socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  no it doesn't (whoever picks this can go to hell)
View Results

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:42 pm
I don't exactly put in an effort to research everything about every country, but when something seems signfigant to a certain situation then I'll look it up instead of just expecting someone to tell me.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:19 pm
I'm the same. =]  

Morgey

Wheezing Genius

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:26 pm
Yaaaaay...! O:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:47 pm
i was bored and i may have said this before but yeah i still think of them even at work.......thats only when i'm bored..........i stilll have a view recordings too..... sweatdrop  

DancerAngel22

Ghilani Surana

Hallowed Mystic

25,075 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm
at least two of my friends are into yu-gi-oh but my other friends probably don't care...and me, I could care less either way on their opinion*shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:48 pm
Oh man, I haven't been on this thread (and now I'm kinda sad I didn't vote no on the pole, I mean I woulda been the only one, yay individuality!!! Hehe), but that first entry made me lol pretty hard. Sorry, though I don't feel too bad as I haven't seen that person around to be offended, and it was 4 years ago anyhow. Generally every thought and phrasing at 13 is ridiculously hilarious.

Anyhow back in HS I was the only one I knew was into the show, not that I really talked about it. Now I have a few friends (offline), but the majority couldn't care less. It's not that big nowadays anyhow, what with the original series finished (manga and and anime) and all. However I don't think I ever particularly cared. I never had "popular" people as friends, I prided myself on being a band dork, and I've just never had an issue with people taunting me for what I'm into. Usually it just amuses them. I guess in some ways I intimidate people, not sure why, but apparently I do, so nobody - friend or otherwise - ever actually gets into it with me.

I also went to a rather large middle and high school, so it's just difficult to really gang up on people for interests, people are to diverse anyhow, nobody cared. I am always grateful for that, way to be lost in the crowd! ^_~  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 pm
@Akasha: It's good not to care what others think. :3

@JK: Yeah, I got made fun of a bit for playing YUU*GI*OU in high school, but it was always by random stupid people I didn't know or care about. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:03 am
Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind ((I believe I'm quoting Dr. Seuss there, but only because I'm quoting a friend who claims they are quoting Dr. Seuss there, so don't totally take my word on it, I'm no Seussologist ^_~)).

I don't think I would have been the 7 year old playing tether ball with myself (and I don't mean by myself, I mean with) if I'd ever particularly given much thought to what outsiders think. And anyone I've let in really doesn't care, and probably wouldn't have me any other crazy way razz .  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:50 am
Dr. Seuss is a wise man. :3
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have been playing Sailor Moon at recess if I gave a damn. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:27 pm
He really is, Dr. Seuss is one of the few children's books my hypothetical children are allowed to have. That and The Rainbow Fish, The Giving Tree, Where the Wild Things Are, When You Give A Mouse A Cookie...and a couple others, one has a pillar on it, but I'm blanking the title. Oh and the Bernstein Bears and Curious George, those are musts as well.

*shudders at the hypothetical children, hehehe razz  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 pm
Oh wow, TRF, TGT, and WYGAMAC (see, I can abbreviate too!) were some of my favorite books when I was little! Also The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Little Black Sambo, Verde, and Stella Luna!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:50 am
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I'm sure that was it (fyi, if you never got it I tend to call caterpillars pillars)! I've never heard of those other ones though. Yay for a common interest in children's books ^_~.

And even though I know I won't have to work tomorrow, I think I really ought to get to bed now ~_~.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:30 pm
Oh wow, I thought you meant an actual, architectural pillar. XD I didn't even think you might've been thinking about that one.
Little Black Sambo was actually banned from being printed a long time ago, so it makes sense you wouldn't know of it. Only reason I got to read it was because my mom had a copy as a child, and passed it on to me. It's about a kid who has all of these new clothes and stuff, and little by little he gets attacked by tigers. In exchange for them not eating him, he gives them each one of his nice pieces of clothing, until he only has his underclothes left. But then the tigers begin fighting over who looks the nicest, and chase each other in a circle for so long they turn into butter, and Sambo gets all of this clothes back. It was banned from print because it was considered racist (Sambo is black, and then the title of the book), which I can understand, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a wonderful story.
Verde was about a little yellow snake who loved being active, and he was afraid of turning into a big lazy green snake that his species eventually became, so tried everything to not turn green. Stellaluna is about a bat who got separated from her mother as a baby, and was raised by birds instead.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 pm
I realized when I was updating on here again that spell check doesn't bother me when I write pillar as a cutesy simplification of caterpillar. And then I had a nice little "ooh" moment, felt that specification would be necessary, and thus it was. I mean I can't think of any Architecture for Children books, but perhaps ^_~.

Well, I'm black and not offended here. I mean South Park this past week was all about people really reading things that aren't there into things, it's true. Sounds cute.

I'm waiting for this to get banned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_and_king

I haven't read it, but I'll track it down if I have kids and totally read it to them. And the sequel razz

Lots of animal books huh? Haha, I realize the big one my kids HAVE to have, love of my childhood life, Anansi the Spider! 3rd grade is when I realized I wanted to be a writer, and both that teacher (one of the best elementary teachers ever, she did so much for me) and Anansi are why.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 am
Haha, how silly. XD And I was thinking more of a book about maybe like... a pillar that represented something, and people would come visit it and stuff.
Yeah, I don't think there was anything within the book that was offensive, but just the fact that the title specified the kid's race in his name bothered people. I don't see why they couldn't just change it to "Little Sambo" and be done with it? Personally I don't care either way, though I do think people react too extreme to some things. Like Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten crap because there's black zombies. Really? They're in trouble for representing an accurate percentage of different races in Savannah? But yes, it was a very cute story.
Oh, that's ridiculous. D: I doubt the book will be banned from being printed, since it's more progressive, where's Little Black Sambo was based more on older views on race, as it was written in the late twenties. King and King may not be allowed in some schools or whatever, but I think it would be considered wrong to ban it completely. If I ever have children (god forbid) I'd want them to read that book too. =D
Yes, I was very fond of animals (still am) when I was little. ^^ Oh, that's so cool. =D My third grade teacher was probably the teacher that inspired me most to become an artist for when I was really little. Oh, and I just remembered another book I really liked, Love You Forever.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff