Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:19 pm
Quote:
And we didn't go off on a tangent. It is completely relevant to this discussion, regardless of whether that was what YOU were getting at. We knew what you were getting at. We acknowledged that, and then from there, pointed out something else based on that. We were just making a point, as you did

alrighty. i wasn't sure if anything was being understood so at least THAT is established now.

Quote:
"RE 1-3 is also a bit too slow for my taste FOR GAMEPLAY because it gets boring having to constantly run around the SAME DAMN areas, picking up s**t, only to run around to the same damn areas to solve the puzzles with the same s**t you just picked up. That's what I loved about RE 4 because they took it out of that slow mo crap of the constant run around to the same places, and basically had it to where you solved the area right then and there and MOVED ON to another area." -- YOU

"However, it (RE4) was the only RE game I ever liked and I didn't care to get into the rest of the series." -- YOU

I didn't say it. You did. I know what you like and don't like, because you told me.

I LOOOOOOVE how you take things out of context. you made a smartalic remark to me in that particular thread about the gameplay of RE 4 so in the same "context" i was responded back with the same smartalic type of remark. i wasn't actually being that serious about what i said. im pretty fine with the gameplay of the older games thank you very much smile the statement of not caring to get into the rest of the series was how i was from the beginning before RE 5 even ever came out. thats not how it is now.

Quote:
"So it caught my curiosity, but it wasn't until I actually GOT a PS2 that I decided to finally get the 4th Game. The minute I got used to playing it I TOTALLY fell in love with it and Leon."

Yeah and? This only proved my point from before. My point being that I didn't get the game solely because of Leon. As I stated BEFORE I didn't know who the hell Leon was when I got the game. Once I played it through THEN I fell in love with the character. Big difference.

Quote:

Gee, I don't know... kinda looks like hype to me. Not that I ever even said that it had anything to do with hype in the first place. So you knew you would like it regardless of what critics said? And why's that? Because you liked RE4, and this was a sequel to RE4; an action game you "TOTALLY fell in love with", and you knew it was going to play largely the same? Exactly.

And that's exactly what I said. Unless I go with what you would have me to believe... that you just wanted to get RE5 for no real apparent reason whatsoever. But that seems pretty illogical. Mind boggling.

um again, yeah and? My point being once again, I didn't get the game because of critic review like I did for RE 4. I got it purely out of wanting it. The minute I heard the game was coming out I already had my mind set on getting it regardless of what critics said. And yes, it WOULD continue the storyline and the reason I cared about the storyline of RE 5 was because AT THE TIME I wanted to know what would happen next. obviously. But once I came in here, I saw the flaws of everything.

Quote:
So "BECAUSE" of Wesker's depiction in RE5. Why didn't RE4 get you into Wesker? Because Wesker was barely even in RE4, and the whole general storyline of RE5 has a lot more to do with the actual series than RE4 does. So ultimately, RE5 is what compelled you to go back and explore the series. Again, straight from the horse's mouth: YOU.

That would be like asking me why I was into My Little Pony when I was 5 years old and now as an adult I'm into guyish things. I didn't fall for Wesker because I was preoccupied with Leon. And yes, the fact that close to nothing showed anything about Wesker in RE 4, had no appeal to me naturally. RE 5 is not what compelled me to look into the history of the series. It was Wesker alone that did. And yes as you stated, in RE 5 they show a crap load more about Wesker and although his personality is skewed in RE 5 versus in the older games, I got to see him for what he mostly was, his intentions etc yada yada and I fell in love with the character. I usually fall for the good guy. I rarely fall for the bad guy so its nice to have a mix of bad in there every once in a while. Thats how ALL my costumes are. Costumes are one of my passions and when my interest gets sparked enough for a character, I usually end up cosplaying as them and in doing so I try my best to know the character for what they are and how they originated into their story HENCE my delving into the Resident Evil series. In learning about Wesker the further I went, the further I HAD to go into the RE series because he was so heavily involved. Behind the scenes yes, but involved always.

Quote:
"Are ******** stupid is that". icon_xd.gif Again, your "mind" doesn't seem to comprehend anything I say. My whole imagining of your experience with REmake was never intended to be taken literally, as I pretty much pointed out in my last post. Point is, you didn't finish it. And since you've made it quite clear you don't like the gameplay, I just don't imagine you had too much fun with it, or played it for very long.

You DO know what a typo is right? lol. *sarcasm* And no, I already knew that, as you stated, everything you "imagined" or wanted to believe was a speculation. But what I find hilarious is how often you are wrong on every point you try to make in order to figure out my RE experience, even though I told you what it was and yet you still get it wrong because you want to believe differently? Speculation or not, even with your last sentence there you STILL are trying to figure me out. I told you it was fun to play and you're telling me that "no it WASN'T fun to play for you". Thats a retarded contradiction on your part. You either accept what it is or leave it alone. But of course you don't leave it alone. You keep going like a broken record.

Quote:
Well, you don't earn too much respect for me when you're so full of s**t, trying to blatantly change s**t around you already told me. Then refusing to acknowledge that s**t when I call you on it. Sorry.

Understanding what I'm trying to say and whether or not I'm contradicting myself which yes I openly admit, I have done that (in general) before, but they're two different issues. Even when I tell you "this is how I feel" you sit there and say I'm wrong in how I feel, which isn't a refute of any kind. You just want to argue the argument.

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! icon_rofl.gif Um, anyone else wanna pipe in here? Bio, anybody? icon_xd.gif Richard Waugh did NOT voice Wesker in REmake. Peter Jessop did. That's very telling of exactly how much you played ********' REmake.

People make mistakes, not that you would understand obviously. The voice of Peter and Richard sound rather identical to me so it was an easy mistake for me to make. Whoop di freaking do.

Quote:
Well, that's all well and good. Now stop being full of s**t and talking out your a**.

If I recall right, everyone defecates so eventually they need to take the s**t out, even you. But there's nothing for me to s**t here. What I find the saddest thing of all is that on more than one occasion a member of the guild has come to me wanting to ask my opinion on their theories on the game series....MY opinion...of all the people to ask. And you know WHY they come to me? Because 1) I try to show respect as long as they are respectful back. and 2) There is more than one person in this guild that has similar views as me and they're too afraid to ask very LEGITIMATE questions on LEGITIMATE theories they have to debate because they fear getting bashed for no legitimate reason like what you do here.

Members of the guild or most of all NEW members shouldn't HAVE to fear that sort of childish crap. This should be a safe haven, not a battle of illegitimate bashing for no basic reason what so ever. Dude if I was some crazy Leon fangirl who came into the guild, completely ignoring the rules and bashing the series because its not good enough for whatever stupid reason THEN....THEN I would say you have basis to say something back.

But the fact of the matter is I'm NOT one of those people. The sole reason....the SOLE REASON I came into this guild was to convert my way of thinking on the series. I WANTED to have my mind changed, challenged, and properly taught to know the series like Veterans of the series do. I WANTED people to tell me tooth and nail why the newer games are wrong and how they screw up the story line. I WANTED my opinion changed....I mean how many people do you know that are willing to do even THAT? Not many huh? I may have came in here with different views as I obviously did and as you obviously re quoted, but I wanted to learn the series the way it should be learned and that's exactly what I did. And now that I've gotten extensive feedback from people, my view on the newer games are changing rather rapidly. And to Bio, yes, for a while now I haven't even given a damn about Leon anymore. The only reason I play RE 4 now is for pure enjoyment of the GAMEPLAY. Not for the story, not for Leon, and no not even for Wesker and Ada. Its just for pure game play because as Bio stated in another thread, the game IS well designed in the game play so its hard to ignore putting it down completely.

I wasn't some crazed fan girl and I was willing to open up my mind to opposite opinions. So you have no legitimate reason for treating me as such. Even if I do annoy you and its a simple personality clash, which i could care less at this point, that's still no basis to bash people's opinion because I haven't actually done anything. And its not just me...what if ANOTHER new member joins who thinks the way I do and they're not some raving fangirl and they start up the same debates. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you started bashing them the same way you bash me. Not that I really care at this point, but THEY might care and it really is sad. And although I know sometimes warning pm's are sent out. Unless a person is actually suspended from the guild for a temporary time or banned, they're not going to care or "change their ways". As you have clearly shown, you continue to show the same lack of respect as when I first came in here.

Owner or mod's of the guild, don't' get me wrong. I'm not trying to question the authority or anything. I recommend the guild to people regardless and I love the guild and Stranger, most of your responses in other threads I posted like "If Wesker died properly", they're were awesome responses and I thanked you once and I'll thank you again. Thank you for posting your opinions in there because you have valid viewpoints like Bio does and Canas does and most others too that posted. I do value your opinion even if it seems like I don't. But THIS kind of display right here.....this is just ridiculous. But whatever.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:15 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
The Crimson Heads were the worst though.
I was like, "Man, it's so realistic how you shoot a zombie down and it actually stays there instead of disappearing."

rofl That seriously made me lol. Unfortunately for me, I was drooling over REmake for two years before it came out, and knew about the Crimson Heads before I played it. Wish to hell I didn't. It would have been a hell of a lot more memorable.

Now on to you again, SaintChoas. Trust me, I'm not enjoying this. I was having a lot more fun talking to Notte or reminiscing with Bio. I'm not even going to bother quoting you this time, I'll just go down through in points:

1.) *faceplam* Take things out of context? Look, why don't you go back and take a look at Pg. 705 in the Grill and then tell me that s**t again. Seriously, in the future, know what the ******** you're talking about before you speak on it. You said that s**t when you were having a debate Bio over mainstream gaming. I didn't even get involved in that discussion until you said that s**t. Because yes, as fan of the series, that comment offended me. So I came with my "smartastic remarks", ripping on your precious RE4's gameplay in reply. So yes, it's the other way around. See, I can back up my s**t, because I'm not full of s**t. Oh, but now you're gonna tell me that was all a big joke and you didn't mean any of it, right? Right. M'kay. STOP LYING.

2.) I NEVER said you got the game solely because of Leon. I never said anything ABOUT Leon. YOU'RE the one who brought him up. I said that you got INTO the game because of the gameplay and Leon, as you, yourself stated. That Leon added to your enjoyment of the game. Please actually read my ******** posts, please.

3.) Well, again... if you actually read my ******** post, you would see I had never mentioned ANYTHING about ******** critics. I said you got RE5 because you liked RE4. An action game. That's why you were interested in it. That's why you played it. And from what you're telling me right now and in your last post, nothing about what I said contradicts the reasoning you claim to have had for getting RE5.

4.) Wesker alone... in RE5. His intentions, etc., yadda, yadda, yadda... in RE5. Fell in love with his character... in RE5.

5.) IRONY. I'm not trying to figure you out, or your RE experience for that matter. I already know your RE experience. You told me your entire RE experience in your opening post. The only one full of contradictions here is you. You're the one who's been wrong on just about every point, as I have proved. And I'd love to stop being a broken record, but I keep having to tell you the same things over and over, because you can't seem to comprehend it.

6.) Yes, you have contradicted yourself dozens upon dozens of times, and everybody knows it. Thank you for admitting it for once. But now, could please stop doing it? When you tell me "this is how you feel", and how you apparently feel conveniently goes along with popular opinion when you originally told me that you felt completely differently in regards to the issue, unless you point out specifically that you've had a change of heart or something, you're gonna come off as full of s**t. And then when I say, "hey, you said this though" and you just go "no I didn't" or "I was joking" when you clearly were not, you are full of s**t. And while most people would be classy enough not to even mention it or bring it up, it annoys the hell out of me.

7.) Just admit that you really haven't played any of the old games. You don't like the old games. Just admit it. Goddamn, everybody knows it. So just stop and quit it. You're embarrassing yourself.

8.) Here are a few reasons why I am not so respectful to you: You bashed on the gameplay of the old games, and in turn, praised RE4's. That pretty much represents everything in the current fanbase that I hate. I'm a big fan of the old games, and RE4 and its fanboys/fangirls pretty much killed the Resident Evil I was a huge fan of. Along with the majority of people in this guild. So right off the bat, that soured my opinion of you, among other things. But I got over it, as you at least showed some interest and reverence for the storyline of series more than your average RE4/RE5 n00b, stuck around, and contributed to discussions and s**t.

But now when you're contradicting yourself, and changing your stories, and building up a bunch of lies... there's nothing to respect about someone who's living a lie. Especially when I can see right through it.

And your "respectful" nature to me after our first little scuffle felt more like a** kissing to me than anything... and there's nothing to respect about a kiss a**. Maybe that's not what you were doing, and maybe I'm just an a*****e, but that's just how it came off to me. So that didn't earn you any points, not that I expect you to try earning points with me. We don't necessarily have to like each other, but we can still be civil. And maybe even find some common ground one day.

Most members of this guild, new and old, are bigger fans of the classic RE games than the new millennium stuff. Or, at the very least, have some extensive experience with it. Not much people are living in fear, because we're all pretty much on the same wavelength.

And with that, I have some advice for you... If you want to be properly taught to know the series like the veterans do: PLAY THE DAMN CLASSIC RESIDENT EVIL GAMES.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME
The Crimson Heads were the worst though.
I was like, "Man, it's so realistic how you shoot a zombie down and it actually stays there instead of disappearing."

rofl That seriously made me lol. Unfortunately for me, I was drooling over REmake for two years before it came out, and knew about the Crimson Heads before I played it. Wish to hell I didn't. It would have been a hell of a lot more memorable.

Oh, I was drooling over it, I just didn't read up on it extensively. I had the trailers briefly showing the gameplay, and the first time I saw it, I had to second guess myself on whether it was CGI or Live Action. I've seen some of the new areas and stuff, but I dunno... Somehow Crimson Heads managed to elude me.

Although it kinda makes me a bit iffy on Capcom's own effort on it.
I mean, you shoot a zombie down. They keep the zombie there until it turns into a crimson head. Why can't they just keep the enemies around? I mean, they have the power to do it. Why can't they let them stay there? It'd be like, one of the most realistic things I've seen in a horror game.

In fact... Now that I think about it... Silent Hill 2 DID keep the enemies around! One step ahead of Resident Evil!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:11 pm
Who said this was fun? I know what I said. And you're taking it more personally and more literally that it should be taken. In fact for you to take it personal about the game itself.....its not like you personally made the game. I have a right to an opinion just as much as you do and you seem to have no problem bashing whatever so I find that ironically hypocritical that you point out the things I say when you turn around and do the exact same thing.

Let me put it this way and yes this is a positive statement, but from the moment I came in here the first time to how I am now is "still changing". I've been changing my mind on a lot of things and if that has completely strewn out of proportion the things I say, then that in particular I do apologize for. Its taken me a great deal of time to get to the point that I'm at now so lol you'll have to bare with me. And yes I went back and read over what I said and I rightfully admit that some of it is contradicting. But at least I'm trying LOL. Most people probably would have stopped by now at this point and just let it go and stop caring to delve into the series anymore.

Quote:
2.) I NEVER said you got the game solely because of Leon. I never said anything ABOUT Leon. YOU'RE the one who brought him up. I said that you got INTO the game because of the gameplay and Leon, as you, yourself stated. That Leon added to your enjoyment of the game. Please actually read my ******** posts, please.

Do I really have to point this out again?

Quote:
Whatever reasons you have for trying out RE4 in the first place are completely irrelevant. You got into it because of the intense, action-oriented gameplay. You got into it because of Leon and s**t (and when the ******** did I even mention Leon anyway? Talkin' about me goin' off on tangents).

Unless you were trying to say something else, that seemed pretty literal to me. I saw what you had posted BEFORE that statement, but then you say something like this and it throws me off. But I think I've done my fair share of doing the same thing. Just a simple misunderstanding I guess.

Quote:
Well, again... if you actually read my ******** post, you would see I had never mentioned ANYTHING about ******** critics. I said you got RE5 because you liked RE4. An action game. That's why you were interested in it. That's why you played it. And from what you're telling me right now and in your last post, nothing about what I said contradicts the reasoning you claim to have had for getting RE5.

alrighty.

Quote:
5.) IRONY. I'm not trying to figure you out, or your RE experience for that matter. I already know your RE experience. You told me your entire RE experience in your opening post. The only one full of contradictions here is you. You're the one who's been wrong on just about every point, as I have proved. And I'd love to stop being a broken record, but I keep having to tell you the same things over and over, because you can't seem to comprehend it.

well if you already know "everything" then why are you throwing constant "speculations".?

Quote:
7.) Just admit that you really haven't played any of the old games. You don't like the old games. Just admit it. Goddamn, everybody knows it. So just stop and quit it. You're embarrassing yourself.

See this is the thing that I keep having to go back to because you "refuse" to believe me. That is your own self issue, not mine.
Quote:

Here are a few reasons why I am not so respectful to you: You bashed on the gameplay of the old games, and in turn, praised RE4's. That pretty much represents everything in the current fanbase that I hate. I'm a big fan of the old games, and RE4 and its fanboys/fangirls pretty much killed the Resident Evil I was a huge fan of. Along with the majority of people in this guild. So right off the bat, that soured my opinion of you, among other things. But I got over it, as you at least showed some interest and reverence for the storyline of series more than your average RE4/RE5 n00b, stuck around, and contributed to discussions and s**t.

Notice that you say that "you" hate. Its your own personal preference and holding that hate against other people is rather stupid because now you're making it a personal stake and now anyone who bashes on your "precious" franchise with LEGITIMATE reasoning, you get all pissy about it. Soured your opinion or not, its still your own personal issue. You were from the very beginning convinced that I wouldn't be able to understand the series the way "you" do or the way others do, but the fact of the matter is I AM starting to see that way, its just taking me time to reorient EVERYTHING I had been thinking previously even as of a month ago.

Quote:
But now when you're contradicting yourself, and changing your stories, and building up a bunch of lies... there's nothing to respect about someone who's living a lie. Especially when I can see right through it.

There's a difference between building up lies and simply changing my mind. I'm not stupid. I KNOW my previous posts can be openly viewed and I know they can seem contradicting or can be quoted. If i didn't want them seen I would have erased them loooooooong ago.

In fact the very action of lieing is the act of trying to "hide" something. If I wanted to hide s**t I would have immediately erased those posts. But I DON'T have anything to hide. I know the things I said and most of them I'm trying to fix or trying to make my mind up on. That I know has whip lashed a few of you, which is my fault. It wasn't intentional, it just happens. s**t happens dude. Not everyone is perfect.

Quote:
And your "respectful" nature to me after our first little scuffle felt more like a** kissing to me than anything... and there's nothing to respect about a kiss a**. Maybe that's not what you were doing, and maybe I'm just an a*****e, but that's just how it came off to me. So that didn't earn you any points, not that I expect you to try earning points with me. We don't necessarily have to like each other, but we can still be civil. And maybe even find some common ground one day.

I only show respect to others if they are respectful back.

Quote:
Most members of this guild, new and old, are bigger fans of the classic RE games than the new millennium stuff. Or, at the very least, have some extensive experience with it. Not much people are living in fear, because we're all pretty much on the same wavelength.

geeeeee wow. thanks Captain Obvious.

Quote:
And with that, I have some advice for you... If you want to be properly taught to know the series like the veterans do: PLAY THE DAMN CLASSIC RESIDENT EVIL GAMES.

um duh. I will when I get a chance and I have a job + money. Don't worry your pretty little head about that. I definitely plan on getting the older games. In fact at this point I refuse to let myself NOT play them. I will when I get the chance. heart  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

In fact... Now that I think about it... Silent Hill 2 DID keep the enemies around! One step ahead of Resident Evil!

haha man I always loved and yet hated that. xD Even in the parts where you entered the hospitals or apartment buildings, you would kill the monsters in the area and then they would stay dead and not come back...........UNTIL....fother muckers, and yes I did say fother muckers.....if you entered into a cutscene scenario or pick up a specific item or do a specific quest action, you'd go back through the hallways to find a brand new set of monsters hahha. clever bastards putting that into the game.

lovely scenario summed up in:

"hmm hmm" *bang bang monster dead "Yes, time to go get that key." *picks up key and enters back into hallway and monsters pop out again."wtf? but i just killed you guys!"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 pm
SaintChaos
Biohazard EXTREME

haha man I always loved and yet hated that. xD Even in the parts where you entered the hospitals or apartment buildings, you would kill the monsters in the area and then they would stay dead and not come back...........UNTIL....fother muckers, and yes I did say fother muckers.....if you entered into a cutscene scenario or pick up a specific item or do a specific quest action, you'd go back through the hallways to find a brand new set of monsters hahha. clever bastards putting that into the game.
Yeah, but no. I mean, you can be in the hospital, you beat some poor nurse down into pulp. You keep going, solving puzzles, going from floor to floor, and until that hospital goes all "Otherworld" on you, every enemy you killed in it stays there, dead for good. But still, laying there just as you left them. Realistic.

Unlike a certain other game where there are these dumb Spanish villagers... And other than the stupid parasite inside them, they're still pretty much human, flesh and bone.
But then you kill them, and they just... Kinda melt... But that's just some dumb game I played a long time ago. No point in talking about it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
SaintChaos
Biohazard EXTREME

Yeah, but no. I mean, you can be in the hospital, you beat some poor nurse down into pulp. You keep going, solving puzzles, going from floor to floor, and until that hospital goes all "Otherworld" on you, every enemy you killed in it stays there, dead for good. But still, laying there just as you left them. Realistic.

Unlike a certain other game where there are these dumb Spanish villagers... And other than the stupid parasite inside them, they're still pretty much human, flesh and bone.
But then you kill them, and they just... Kinda melt... But that's just some dumb game I played a long time ago. No point in talking about it.

LOl yeah. right you are Bio. i always thought it was funny in games when you kill something and their body magically disappears. but ugh i forgot about the "otherworld" aspect of killing enemies *self facepalm* xD yeah actually no, you're right. don't be afraid to jump on it. i never understood how killing the las plagas people would cause their bodies to melt either. that would make sense if they had a virus in them that originated from the um....whats the virus....damn it..EBOLA! cuz like see where im going with this? i can't concentrate right now. lets see.

ebola naturally breaks down your entire body and kills you off. so a ebola powered zombie, killing them, and their body melting as if it was breaking down....that would make mores sense. brougth me back to one of the debates you had going with me and you mentioned Capcom toying with using the ebola virus in the story. god that would have been GOLD. ******** why didn't they stick with that? *rhetorical question* but anyway so yeah....a parasite rapidly breaking down the body? uh huh...right. bullshit. i guess it sorta makes sense with Uroborus or maybe it doesnt. I hate uroborus with a passion honestly. can't remember if i had said differently about it before when i first came in here, but as of now i hate that stupid thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:46 pm
I don't see why it's rhetorical. The reason they didn't stick with Ebola, and decided to make it about Leeches is uhh... Because Mikami said, "People don't like real diseases and stuff that could potentially make scientific sense. They prefer white mages singing opera on top of a hill." And thus, you have that other aspect of RE0, that I'm sure wouldn't even have been in the original N64 version, had that actually been released. I made that reasoning up, obbiously, but still, until proven otherwise, I'm convinced that Capcom is that retarded.

I don't know enough about uroboros to hate them, technically. But I know enough not to WANT to know about them.
T-Virus zombies. That's what Resident Evil is. G-Virus was there for one major game. T-Veronica was there for one major game. But the T-Virus was always there to lay the groundwork for the enemies of the game.
Resident Evil without T-Virus zombies is like... Silent Hill without otherworld... It's like... Fallout withou a Nuclear Apocalypse... It's like... Mario without mushrooms.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:03 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I don't see why it's rhetorical. The reason they didn't stick with Ebola, and decided to make it about Leeches is uhh... Because Mikami said, "People don't like real diseases and stuff that could potentially make scientific sense. They prefer white mages singing opera on top of a hill." And thus, you have that other aspect of RE0, that I'm sure wouldn't even have been in the original N64 version, had that actually been released. I made that reasoning up, obbiously, but still, until proven otherwise, I'm convinced that Capcom is that retarded.

I don't know enough about uroboros to hate them, technically. But I know enough not to WANT to know about them.
T-Virus zombies. That's what Resident Evil is. G-Virus was there for one major game. T-Veronica was there for one major game. But the T-Virus was always there to lay the groundwork for the enemies of the game.
Resident Evil without T-Virus zombies is like... Silent Hill without otherworld... It's like... Fallout withou a Nuclear Apocalypse... It's like... Mario without mushrooms.

oh i see. lol i still think it would have been cool though crying but yeah, true true. don't get me wrong though. i thougth the Leech idea was also pretty cool. goofy little blood suckers. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:06 pm
I have nothing against... Like, the Hive scenario in Outbreak, that there's T-Virus leeches crawling around. That's pretty cool.
But to say that T-Virus came FROM leeches... It's like... Leeches aren't THAT cool, to say that the whole foundation for the concept of your entire franchise came from leeches.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I have nothing against... Like, the Hive scenario in Outbreak, that there's T-Virus leeches crawling around. That's pretty cool.
But to say that T-Virus came FROM leeches... It's like... Leeches aren't THAT cool, to say that the whole foundation for the concept of your entire franchise came from leeches.

lol alrighty. ill take your word for it smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm
Points again:

- I'm not taking anything anymore literally than it is. But don't try to act like you haven't taken anything personally here or something. You've clearly been offended, and your behavior is a prime example of that. And that's that.

- The simple fact that it took you over three to four posts of huge walls of text over the course of two to three pages for you to finally simply say that you changed your mind rather than what you were doing previously (twisting it as if you had never said such things) tells me everything. So, thank you. I feel vindicated.

- Point out what? Something that has nothing to do with what I was trying to say in the first place again? No thanks.

- I give up on this too. It seems you will never understand.

- Yup.

- I fail to see how ONE speculation somehow turns into a constant. Your contradictions are the constant thing.

- Again, it's not that I refuse. I just know what you told me, and what you just now admitted five quotes up. So keeping that going would just be contradicting yourself again.

- Oh my god. It's not like I'm going to RE4's fanboys' homes and burning their houses down. I'm a fanboy, in case you didn't notice. So yeah, I'm a little passionate about it. And when an RE4/RE5 fan comes in here of all places and rips on the oldschool RE... see where it says "safe haven" on the front page here? It literally means safe haven from RE4 n00bs. See the whole part where it says, "talk about Leon and his hotness in an RE4 guild"? The whole, "Hi, I'm a n00b and I like RE" thread? Ripping on RE4/RE5 and its fanbase and general idiots is a common past time around here. Not saying you can't rip on old RE, but just know I'm gonna dish the s**t right back out. You can think me a snooty elitist or something, but it just simply boils down to the fact that the oldschool RE games and RE4/RE5 are pretty much nothing alike. So we are not really fans of the same thing. And since it started as survival horror and always was survival horror until RE4 came along... the RE4/RE5 n00bs (who came waaayyy later) reasoning for bashing the old RE games isn't so LEGITIMATE, because...

1.) They don't usually know what the hell they're talking about. Mostly because they don't know s**t outside of RE4/RE5.
2.) Usually their main reason for not liking it is because it's nothing like RE4, which is an action game. RE isn't supposed to be an action game, it's supposed to be a survival horror franchise. That's like saying Clock Tower or Silent Hill should be an action game. There's nothing legitimate about that as far as I'm concerened. You want an action game? Play ********' Call of Duty. Play Gears of War. Leave my RE the ******** alone.

Yeah, and you never truly will. You can see our point of view, sure. But you will never truly experience it. All you can do is empathize. Just like I can see an RE4 n00bs point of view on the whole thing, but I can't identify. Because I'm not cut from the same cloth.

- So why didn't you just tell me you changed your mind in first place? Instead of refuting everything, and making me go back and dig up all those old posts just so you could refute it again, making me go back and dig up more old posts? And you could go back and delete your posts, but seeing as they've all already been quoted and everything even before this whole scuffle took place... it wouldn't do you too much good.

- Ow, my feelings.

- You're welcome.

- Good.

Thee Stranger

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:00 pm
Thee Stranger
Points again:

- I'm not taking anything anymore literally than it is. But don't try to act like you haven't taken anything personally here or something. You've clearly been offended, and your behavior is a prime example of that. And that's that.

- The simple fact that it took you over three to four posts of huge walls of text over the course of two to three pages for you to finally simply say that you changed your mind rather than what you were doing previously (twisting it as if you had never said such things) tells me everything. So, thank you. I feel vindicated.

- Point out what? Something that has nothing to do with what I was trying to say in the first place again? No thanks.

- I give up on this too. It seems you will never understand.

- Yup.

- I fail to see how ONE speculation somehow turns into a constant. Your contradictions are the constant thing.

- Again, it's not that I refuse. I just know what you told me, and what you just now admitted five quotes up. So keeping that going would just be contradicting yourself again.

- Oh my god. It's not like I'm going to RE4's fanboys' homes and burning their houses down. I'm a fanboy, in case you didn't notice. So yeah, I'm a little passionate about it. And when an RE4/RE5 fan comes in here of all places and rips on the oldschool RE... see where it says "safe haven" on the front page here? It literally means safe haven from RE4 n00bs. See the whole part where it says, "talk about Leon and his hotness in an RE4 guild"? The whole, "Hi, I'm a n00b and I like RE" thread? Ripping on RE4/RE5 and its fanbase and general idiots is a common past time around here. Not saying you can't rip on old RE, but just know I'm gonna dish the s**t right back out. You can think me a snooty elitist or something, but it just simply boils down to the fact that the oldschool RE games and RE4/RE5 are pretty much nothing alike. So we are not really fans of the same thing. And since it started as survival horror and always was survival horror until RE4 came along... the RE4/RE5 n00bs (who came waaayyy later) reasoning for bashing the old RE games isn't so LEGITIMATE, because...

1.) They don't usually know what the hell they're talking about. Mostly because they don't know s**t outside of RE4/RE5.
2.) Usually their main reason for not liking it is because it's nothing like RE4, which is an action game. RE isn't supposed to be an action game, it's supposed to be a survival horror franchise. That's like saying Clock Tower or Silent Hill should be an action game. There's nothing legitimate about that as far as I'm concerened. You want an action game? Play ********' Call of Duty. Play Gears of War. Leave my RE the ******** alone.

Yeah, and you never truly will. You can see our point of view, sure. But you will never truly experience it. All you can do is empathize. Just like I can see an RE4 n00bs point of view on the whole thing, but I can't identify. Because I'm not cut from the same cloth.

- So why didn't you just tell me you changed your mind in first place? Instead of refuting everything, and making me go back and dig up all those old posts just so you could refute it again, making me go back and dig up more old posts? And you could go back and delete your posts, but seeing as they've all already been quoted and everything even before this whole scuffle took place... it wouldn't do you too much good.

- Ow, my feelings.

- You're welcome.

- Good.

in response to this entire thing and to simplify my answer and to skip pointless refuting since we'll disagree again and again, Stranger as you can clearly see, and its a mistake others can make as well, I can't see everything ahead of time. Actually it wasn't until like 90% through our scuffle and going back and reading old posts I made, only THEN did I realize the huge difference in how I view the series now versus how I viewed it months or even a year ago. When you graduall move from one view to another, its not entirely noticeable of what your mindset was before and after. I actually didn't really notice at all. I just work with the "now" and sometimes, not always, but sometimes ignore the past because the past is the past. no reason to keep looking at it. i just move on, you know? god....that sounds like.....cliche crap. but thats kind of how my mind works. i roll with what i grow with yadda yadda anyway.

So yeah, if I knew what the outcome would have been I would have straight up said that "oh btw, im changing my mind on everything". and i could have skipped a lot of wha-hoos and low-hows and bantering back and forth and all that jazz. but you seemed pretty set on your "view" and "opinion" of me and it didnt seem to matter how i tried to explain myself, you kept saying against it so i felt it was kinda pointless at THIS point to say anything further on the matter?

actually some of my older posts i wish i had never made, but oh well. eventually the posts will get pushed back or the thread becomes old and gets locked or whatever.

so in short? thanks for replying back at least, even if either side wasn't exactly enjoying themself.

[edit] oh yeah as i stated above, i didn't delete my old posts because i don't feel the reason to hide them and if i hid them while the debate was going on, then it would have looked like i was trying to lie or something and thats not my intention at all. maybe at this point to save myself from seeing older retarded posts i can refine them or just delete them now that this is all out in the open and cleared up better. wasn't trying to "twist" anything i had said in older posts. i know i know it came off that way, but i was more or less trying to reason out my own reasonings, more for myself than anyone else. but anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 pm
Now apologize to each other and mean it. Otherwise, I'm sending you both to your rooms.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

Now apologize to each other and mean it. Otherwise, I'm sending you both to your rooms.

[edit] wo, lol think you changed your post just when i replied to your older one.

but in response: OKAY DAD!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces